Anyone else having problems with HP's give away?

I registered with HP to get a free copy of windows 7 home premium 64-bit edition because I purchased a laptop within the given time. They said that they are going to start to ship out the copies of windows 7 on the release date, but I have yet to get a confirmation e-mail that they sent it. I already go the E-mail stating that they have accepted my proof of purchase.

Anyone else having some troubles
Posted On: Tuesday 25th of September 2012 01:49:49 AM Total Views:  250
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Windows 7 / Vista / XP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

I've been having very good luck with Windows 7-32

I haven't been on the forums lately because I have been having very good luck with Windows 7-32 bit version. It's been running almost perfect for me for the last couple of years. I have a few problems with IE9 but they are minor, and I prefer it over Firefox, just for the basic look and easy access to my favorite bookmarks. I have no interest in touch screen technology or tablets so I'm not excited about Windows 8 at all. Windows 7 is working out great for me. Eventially I may do a fresh install but It's really not necessary so I just keep going with what I have.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 19th September 2012
View Replies!

new to win7 having a moan + need help

Hi I have been using xp for....... almost 9 years and linux for 3, I use windows for editing photos with adobe light room3 and photoshope ete, and linux for everything else . As I use windows and linux folk often ask me how they compare And I say its not fair to compare a OS that over 10 yeas old to the latest linux. XP had a lot of things I found annoying and often frustrating after I get used to linux but I think maybe win 7 will be much better....... well no.. most of its just the same 1st moan ..i use many pen-drives and external hdd to get to them on win7 you go >start>computer>the drive you wont ..why!!! why can they not be icons on the desktop >click Talking of desktops win7 still seems to have only 1 I find this so crampt /pain in the butt that I am thinking of getting another 22 inch lcd as all i seem to be dong all the time is minimising and maximising stuff all the time, I have 4 when on linux it only take a split second to rotate my desk top cube from 1 to any other, or a flick of the mouse to zoom back to see all desktops and drag windows from desktop to desktop. Or click on a app that on my doc which is open on anther desktop and it will spin it for me. am not asking for it to be as flash and trendy as linux but to just have the ability to switch between say 2 desktop is not asking to much(linux can have 32) (that was moan 2) Moan 3 When I am working I often have a little window open playing a film as I work, on linux I click on the window and check always on top, so it always on top After 4 weeks I still cannot find how to do this simple task in win7 Well that will do for now so can I have more than 1 desk top Can I have a window always on top Is their a sidebar/gadgets that list the drives on the desktop I have win7 ultimate
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Best Version of W7 to get with my new rig?

Hi /gals, So my christmas pressie this year to myself is a brand spankin new rig. Its a custom built jobby but I need help in selecting which version of W7 to have put on it as Im unsure of what the difference between each is. ANy help is greatly appreciated and could potentially save me a lot of monies! OK, well one of the main uses of my new rig is for gaming (the specs Ive listed below should back that up). Apart from that its pretty much just standard stuff like internet surfing, work etc Ill need the use of windows XP/vista for older games etc Specs: Processor: Intel i7 920 (4x2.66GHz) Mobo: MSI X58 RAM-Corsair 6GB Graphics: ATI Radeon 5850 1 GB Memory: 1TB OK if any other specs are needed to determine which is best Ill happily provide them. I guess my main worry is that I pick the wrong edition of W7 that will impede my gaming (incompatibility with older games etc). Also, W7 builds, can anyone suggest which would be best for me EDIT: Will also be using various joysticks/game controllers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd September 2012
View Replies!

Here is a List of compatible Asuses with Windows 7 and how to use

Here is a List of compatible Asuses with Windows 7 On the left on bottom you will find Windows\tŪ7 supported product models ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- Click Notebooks Do windows update first then download some drivers from Vista if you have Vista Then download drivers from the laptops that are compatible with widnows 7 Then extract the drivers and burn them on a dvd or a cd and install em
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with dell printer

I have an AMD 64 based system, and just installed windows 7, only 1 major problem! I have a dell 926 aio printer. I keep getting "not installed" message! These are the steps taken so far. 1) uninstalled the dell driver mgr. 2) uninstalled all dell drivers 3) downloaded and installed both items mentioned. 4) I kept getting spool not working message, went to troubleshoot, and it showed as fixed. Still got nothing. 5) I also have a a "RPC" server message not available. 6) I've read all forum posts on related issues, but none are specific to my problem! HELP!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Display problem with Windows 7

Good evening Freaks I currently have a big question about display on Windows 7. We are using an application at work and as you can see on the attached screenshot, the bottom part of the tool is displayed bigger than the above part. The problem is that I have no access to options like the second radio button under "Free". The problem is that my colleague who is using Win7 64bits just like me does not have this problem on his screen. The only difference is the brand of the laptop we are using... HP vs. DELL So I don't really know on which way I should google for this. The only option which makes sense to me is a Display adapter difference between the 2 machines. Driver / Display software I don't really know... Have you ever heard of something like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Compatibility with windows mobile 6.1

I removed my windows mobile device centre and installed windows 7. Can I now reinstall it and will it work with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Problem with th recent Broadcom driver autoupdate

My Dell XPS desktop computer is two weeks old. Win 7 works great. When I got the computer, the first thing I did was to install Linksys wmp300N wireless adaptor on PCI slot. Installation of its driver was followed. Since then, the wireless internet connecxtion has been working great so far. Recently, there were autoupdates of dirvers and files. One of the updates was "Broadcom driver update for broadcom 802.11n adaptor". This update killed the wireless connection. I could not figure out how to fix this problem. I am now forced to use an ethernet cable for the Internet connection. I wonder anybody has a similar experience. If so, could you please share how you fixed the conenction problem. Hummer
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Navigating explorer files with keyboard - lag solution?

In XP I could navigate around an explorer window full of files with the arrow keys or by typing the beginning of the file name and it was more or less instantaneous. In Win7 there's a several second lag that seriously slows down my productivity. Similar when dragging folders. I suspect Win7 is scanning files as they are selected to enrich the UI somehow. There has to be a way to turn this "feature" off and speed things up. I tried turning off Aero, turning off some of the panes etc but no good. HELP! My system has 6gb ram, a core duo cpu, is Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 7600gt video card, and it's a fresh install.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help me with driver audios for windows 7

I need an analog device AD1888 Soundmax Can you give me any link\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem with starting up Windows 7 after instalation of XP on another hard disk with

Hi. I Have a problem starting up the newest windows after instalation of older windows with dual boot mode. I installed XP 32bit from windows 7 onto another hard disk. Afterwards, It does't allow me to start Windows7. It freezes at "Verifying DMI pool data". After reading some forums, I might have MBR, BCD or more files damaged. I found some solutions but both systems are on the same hard drive. How am I suppose to fix Windows7 when its on a different hard disk. If I start up XP, I can see hard disk where windows7 is but when I want to open it, it says "D: is not formated". I would to need fix the files so I can boot Windows7 to save some of my stuff. If I need to I can erase XP. Thank you for your time. Mark
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can i share Window 7 with XP?

I n my office I have to the a lot of sharing but now i have a Window 7 Desktop but now it won't let do the sharing, is therea way to do the sharing Window 7 with XPs.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help-Reading problems

i'm using windows 7 ultimate upgraded from vista home basic, i am able to read dual layer disks which have content on them,but when i insert a blank dual layer disk,it is not being recognised.i had no issues reading from vista,problem started immediately following installation of windows 7. What should i do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problems with screen

I have just upgraded from vista to windows 7. Everything seemed fine, however when i try to play games the screen is reduced to 4:3 window rather than the full screen. These games had played fine in vista. I have tried updating drivers but with no change. can anyone help thx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anybody experiencing issues with punkbuster?

Upgraded from Vista 64bit Home Premium to Windows 7 64bit Home Premium and am having some issues with Punkbuster in my games. Just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing similar problems. Specifically PunkBusterB being disabled and removed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Few issues with Home Premium

So I finally installed windows 7 home premium on my laptop I copied back over my music/amazon mp3 launched media player and all it shows is Bob Acri - Sleep Away Mr. Scruff - Kalimba Richard Stoltzman - Maid now I completely removed all the sample and public music junk that comes with windows 7. Its still there though for some reason which I can't understand. I have 1,256 tracks in my primary amazon mp3 music folder, but they don't show up
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with windows old and windows 7

what is good and not good to keep after instaling windows 7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do Upgrade Discs work with the Win7 RC?

Can I use a Win7 Upgrade disc to upgrade the RC Or do I need to buy a full version
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Windows Mobile PDA sync with Outlook on two PCs

For several years, I've synced Outlook between my home desktop and my laptop using my Win Mobile 6.1 based PDA. The desktop formerly ran XP and the laptop formerly ran Vista. Now the desktop runs Win 7 64bit (3ghz intel chip; 4gb ram) and the laptop runs Win 7 32bit (2.16ghz intel chip; 4gb ram). Both installations are stable. My problem is I can no longer sync Outlook between the two machines. The PDA will only sinc with one machine. The sync works fine between the PDA and the first machine I set up. When I establish a sync relationship with the second machine, then the PDA will no longer sync with the first machine. I've deleted the relationships in both the PDA and the machines, and then started from scratch on several occasions, to no avail. It doesn't matter which machine i set up first - I've tried it both ways. Once I set up the second machine, the PDA will no longer sync with the first machine. I expected Win 7 problems with non-MS programs, but am surprised to run into this on a program as critical as Windows Mobile. This is an important issue to me, as the same appointment and contact data needs to be in Outlook on both machines, and the change constantly. I am getting tired of copying the PST file every time I make a change.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!