What is wrong with Flippa

I can't help but notice the lack of information and threads about Flippa.
I am very new to domain flipping, but Flippa seems to be a good place to sell my domains.
I have about 50 dot coms that I plan to put on Flippa about 3-5 at a time.
It seems like a good plan and a good way to get started.
I am not a buy-and-hold flipper, I want to sell for a fair price and move on to the next domain.
Is there something about Sedo (et al) and their way of doing business that I should consider
Posted On: Sunday 30th of December 2012 10:26:00 PM Total Views:  81
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Problem with our domain

I had configured a domain here..example. www.domainname.com and we have created a new server intended for our mail..and so we created www.mail.domainname.com. Yes, i was able to browse the domain in the server but the problem is the mail.domainname.com is not available in the internet if im going to browse it on another computer. What would I do I've been thinking maybe is there a need to reconfigure our main domain which is the www.domainname.com and make the mail.domainname.com as sub domain am i right im very confused please give me an idea what else can I do to solve this problem ur reply will be more appreciated..have a nice day
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Domain Prices Increasing

I have heard that on 1st of July domain prices are increasing specially .com and .net domain. COM will go up 7%, and .NET by 10%. Can anybody confirm from reliable resources , I do not believe that will be huge increase at all. Of course prices will go higher. But they will be huge.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

cpanel to plesk

, I currently have an advertising solution that processes from 500,000 - 2,000,000 unique visitors per month (php based landing page with css and few images). I currently have Linux VPS with cPanel and WHM and I LOVE THEM. But my current vps provider keeps failing and trying to rip me off (I pay $80 per mo with quad core and 8gb ram and they still ***** that I use too much server resources when I really dont). I am currently looking @ 1and1's linux cloud server solution (dynamic VPS) with Plesk (linux based). I am wondering if migration is easy (not only files, but also databases and cron deamon with cron tasks, email forwarders and more). I never used Plesk before, but I wonder does it have phpmyadmin Also can I setup multiple hosting accounts within it , Maybe that would be better get unmanaged VPS solution and buy your license and then install that on the server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Liquid Web - Greatest Service I've ever had

I've been with a few hosting providers over the years and liquid web is by far the best I've ever had...Primarily because of their customer service. Every issue that I've ever called them about, regardless of whether its technical or billing related, has been handled quickly and professionally. They even migrated all my data for me when I downgraded servers. Lol. I just wanted to share a positive experience since most of the posts I see in this section are pretty negative.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anyone who has some experience with Gossimer?

Im looking for webhost for a wordpress blog and came across Gossimer. Good thing about it is that they have many paymet options. Does anyone has any experience with Gossimer Can you share your experience Can anyone recommend a webhost that uses Alertpay (Payza) or Moneybookers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

I need semi-dedicated web hosting to test (for) my TV streaming website

Hi , Is there any good and cheap semi-dedicated web hosting to test (or for) my live TV streaming app. I've completed testing the app on my computer and now I want to bring it to the real world. I don't have much budget recently until I get an investor. So I need to show them this on my project presentation too. Which best web hosting for this do you suggest How much web hosting cost do you think to broadcast cable TV 24/7 days.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I host new domain?

, I have bought a new domain yesterday. My hosting package supports unlimited domain hosting. I have already one domain hosted on that package. Now I am having difficulty to host the new bought domain to that hosting package. What can I do now
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

domains suddenly have 'safe mode' enabled

for the last several days i have been noticing many of my domains suddenly have "safe mode" enabled. I have no idea how this is happening and tech support on my host does not understand it either. anybody have an idea as to why this may be happening
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

webhosting

Which is the best platform to host my website
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Nodejs and Mongodb hosting

Im looking for a host which supports mongodb and nodejs. Ive found several that do either one but none so far that do both. It would also be handy if I could deploy though GIT but I can work without that. If anyone knows of any, please get in touch.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Overwhelmed Trying to Choose My First Web Host - Tiny Website

New to web hosting. I've been reading articles explaining the different types and what I should be looking for. The problem remains that every single site I look at or get a recommendation for also has loud negative reviews virtually screaming "avoid at all costs!". My needs: very small business, low traffic, low space requirements. The most basic of basic packages, bascially. . Just wanna upload my html, css and image files and be left alone. Maybe with such modest needs I really don't need to be this worried and I can just go with any old web host I'm in the UK, all my customers (if I get any) will be in the UK... does it matter that the web host is a UK company I see some sites saying the distance from the server doesn't matter anymore, others saying never ever host a uk site in the us, for example. I'm tempted to go with the 'biggest' companies rather than the best, since I just can't figure out who to trust. So far I'm gathering that godaddy and bluehost are two of the bigger web hosts. How do I tell whether a host is reliable or not, when there's so many extreme conflicting reviews Is there a reliable, trusted comparison site My only experience with a web host so far is "vistaprint", which has the most horrible, overpriced, limiting WYSIWYG atrocity-of-a-control panel I've ever conceived of. Thankfully I'm not in the market for simple-wysiwyg editors and templates anymore. Time for a proper web host.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Help with separate hosting of email and web site

I assume this is straightforward, but I haven't dealt with this before, so I'm hoping to get some clarification, and not screw it up! My client has their domain registered with, and are hosting their email at Network Solutions. They have paid for a long term email hosting plan and don't want to change it. They built a site initially with Google's site builder, and have their DNS settings configured with an alias to that Google-hosted site. I just made a site for them that I will be hosting, as a Host Gator reseller. Thus, I wish to direct web traffic to their new site, hosted on my Host Gator account, without messing with their current email setup. Currently under the Advanced DNS tab at Network Solutions, they have an MX record set up pointing to a Network Solutions mail server, and under CNAME records there are two records relating to email and then a "www" record aliased to Google. What I THINK I need to do is simply delete that third CNAME record and add an A record pointing to the numeric IP of the server where I have their new site. Is that correct
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need hosting information with unlimited files upload facilities

, Is there any hosting which gives me the facilities of unlimited traffic, unlimited file upload, unlimited disk space and unlimited database storage. I need this because i want to manage a reputed bank's credit card holder and their credit card monthly statement file. That's why the number of file increases. In ix shared hosting there is file limitation. For linux server file limit 300,000. database storage 5gb. Please give me suggestion with information as soon as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What hosts do you guys use yourself and which ones do you recommend?

I have used dreamhost for quite sometime and was looking for an alternative. I don't have one right now though....but just want to get an idea of what else is out there. I have heard of media template etc. What do you use and what do you recommend It is for personal use right now....not for commercial use. I want to put my portfolio up.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to find out what dns to use for a domain hosted with godaddy

I have a domain name at a different registrar. I already had it hosted at godaddy, not as the primary/root domain. I have 2 deluxe hosting accounts at godaddy and I want to move it from one to another. I uploaded all the files accordingly and I removed the domain name from the original godaddy hosting account and added it to the second hosting account. As a result an error when try to open my site: "Oops! Google Chrome could not find ...". I tried to change the dns to be the same one as the one from the root domain of the hosting account, but I still get the same problem. Does anyone knows a good method to find out which is the required DNS for that operation to be successful
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Domain Name - Registration period changes when you move to a new Registrar?

I've spent the last week trying to get a clients domain name (theirsite.co.uk) over to a new host and it's been frustrating to say the least. I was advised by the new host that there would be a small fee for the transfer (approx 5) and this was actually to re-register it for another year. Seemed fair enough. When the domain was first registered in June this year it was registered for 5 years, now according to the host, this is not the case and it only has one year before renewal (the 5 fee I just paid them covers the first year registration) However, when I view the WHOIS info at Nominet.org.uk they say that it doesn't expire until 2017, which is what it should be. This was the new host's reply to my query about it being registered for 5 years prior to the move. "I don't know what you paid at your old registrar but you only paid for a year with us, domains don't carry how long they been rewed for specially when you move them to a different registrar. Your current registrar will not transfer the domain expire date over or however long you renewed it for, if this is an issue then I suggest you take it up with them. But you can't register a domain for 5 years then decide to move away to another registrar and expect it to still have all the remaining years, it doesn't happen I'm afraid." I am more inclined to believe the information from Nominet, which leads me to think that the host company are trying to gain money through deception...the info I found on this site seems to suggest that I'm right. http://www.namecheap.com/support/kno...sfer-it-to-you Could anyone please confirm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

changing mx records?

Usually when I build a new website, I host it and also the email automatically but the company I am working for want me to host the website and someone else to host the emails. The domain is registered with 123-reg and when going to 'change MX records' I am being asked for location of service e.g mx.domain.com but all i have been give by the email host company is an ip address. anyone know what i need to do here please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which is better?

Please help me understand this. Do I want an older domain or would a new one suit me fine as well Does it really matter And if it does matter, why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to move email accounts tied to domain being transferred

I'm transferring a domain to a new host and need to transfer about 15 email addresses tied to that domain. The new host uses Vdeck and said they couldn't help with the transfer. Is it possible to make it seamless for the employees with the email accounts This is new to me so very basic help/instruction is appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!