VPS with Webuzo

I am buying a VPS and my host is offering Webuzo with it to manage my VPS.
I researched on this and it looks like its some kind of a LAMP stack.
Has anyone used it

I simply want to host my wordpress blog on it. Is it good
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:55:19 AM Total Views:  292
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

for expert in security vps and ssh WinSCP

I have an vps, on linux , apache, centos, with panel directadmin I for enter in ssh with WinSCP3 first used: root, ip xx.xxx.xxx.xx, and password yyyyyy. I write at host that I have this problem: --------------------------------------------------- in hhtpd/access_log I found this: "GET /w00tw00t.at.ISC.SANS.DFind HTTP/1.1" by internet I found this discussion http://tinyurl.com/2hsfks seem that is an hacker attack; you know the problem ---------------------------------------------------- The host answer so: ....................................................................................................... I have secured your server. I have installed RKhunter, ChkrootKit, secured your /tmp /var/tmp, and /dev/shm partitions, optimized your MySQL, install ImageMagick and disabled direct root login to your SSH. Now you can login to your ssh using the user admin and then 'su -' to root Login to admin : password : zzzzzzzzzz #su - root password : yyyyyyy ..................................................................................................... PROBLEM: with WinSCP I can only make first access to admin@ip and cannot make the second; the host suggest only use putty (I not like it). But is correct all the solutions of the host I must to have this two steps for use the root this two steps not fqacilitate me but the vps is more secure how can resolve with WinSCP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

vps info - all messed up

i think virtualization is dividing server into several virtual machines ... then what is open vz, what is hyper vm, what is virtuzzo , what is xen what other software and type of virtualization are there and where are these things overlapping
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for a very low cost dedi/vps + cpanel/whm.

Please give me URL's to the cheapest you know, I'm looking to buy from either sitepoint members hosts or well known hosts. I won't specify a budget but I need the cheapest possible, MUST HAVE CPANEL+WHM.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for High Bandwidth Host [shared, vps, ded] for file hotlinking

I am looking for a host that can offer a minimum of 500GB bandwidth a month. I only want to use the server to hold larger video files for my site to pull [hotlink] from. I don't need PHP, databasing, nothing... just STORAGE and BANDWIDTH. Anyone have any suggestions [for a reasonable price]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with our domain

I had configured a domain here..example. www.domainname.com and we have created a new server intended for our mail..and so we created www.mail.domainname.com. Yes, i was able to browse the domain in the server but the problem is the mail.domainname.com is not available in the internet if im going to browse it on another computer. What would I do I've been thinking maybe is there a need to reconfigure our main domain which is the www.domainname.com and make the mail.domainname.com as sub domain am i right im very confused please give me an idea what else can I do to solve this problem ur reply will be more appreciated..have a nice day
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with our domain

I had configured a domain here..example. www.domainname.com and we have created a new server intended for our mail..and so we created www.mail.domainname.com. Yes, i was able to browse the domain in the server but the problem is the mail.domainname.com is not available in the internet if im going to browse it on another computer. What would I do I've been thinking maybe is there a need to reconfigure our main domain which is the www.domainname.com and make the mail.domainname.com as sub domain am i right im very confused please give me an idea what else can I do to solve this problem ur reply will be more appreciated..have a nice day
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Domain Prices Increasing

I have heard that on 1st of July domain prices are increasing specially .com and .net domain. COM will go up 7%, and .NET by 10%. Can anybody confirm from reliable resources , I do not believe that will be huge increase at all. Of course prices will go higher. But they will be huge.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

cpanel to plesk

, I currently have an advertising solution that processes from 500,000 - 2,000,000 unique visitors per month (php based landing page with css and few images). I currently have Linux VPS with cPanel and WHM and I LOVE THEM. But my current vps provider keeps failing and trying to rip me off (I pay $80 per mo with quad core and 8gb ram and they still ***** that I use too much server resources when I really dont). I am currently looking @ 1and1's linux cloud server solution (dynamic VPS) with Plesk (linux based). I am wondering if migration is easy (not only files, but also databases and cron deamon with cron tasks, email forwarders and more). I never used Plesk before, but I wonder does it have phpmyadmin Also can I setup multiple hosting accounts within it , Maybe that would be better get unmanaged VPS solution and buy your license and then install that on the server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Liquid Web - Greatest Service I've ever had

I've been with a few hosting providers over the years and liquid web is by far the best I've ever had...Primarily because of their customer service. Every issue that I've ever called them about, regardless of whether its technical or billing related, has been handled quickly and professionally. They even migrated all my data for me when I downgraded servers. Lol. I just wanted to share a positive experience since most of the posts I see in this section are pretty negative.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anyone who has some experience with Gossimer?

Im looking for webhost for a wordpress blog and came across Gossimer. Good thing about it is that they have many paymet options. Does anyone has any experience with Gossimer Can you share your experience Can anyone recommend a webhost that uses Alertpay (Payza) or Moneybookers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

I need semi-dedicated web hosting to test (for) my TV streaming website

Hi , Is there any good and cheap semi-dedicated web hosting to test (or for) my live TV streaming app. I've completed testing the app on my computer and now I want to bring it to the real world. I don't have much budget recently until I get an investor. So I need to show them this on my project presentation too. Which best web hosting for this do you suggest How much web hosting cost do you think to broadcast cable TV 24/7 days.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I host new domain?

, I have bought a new domain yesterday. My hosting package supports unlimited domain hosting. I have already one domain hosted on that package. Now I am having difficulty to host the new bought domain to that hosting package. What can I do now
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

domains suddenly have 'safe mode' enabled

for the last several days i have been noticing many of my domains suddenly have "safe mode" enabled. I have no idea how this is happening and tech support on my host does not understand it either. anybody have an idea as to why this may be happening
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

webhosting

Which is the best platform to host my website
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Nodejs and Mongodb hosting

Im looking for a host which supports mongodb and nodejs. Ive found several that do either one but none so far that do both. It would also be handy if I could deploy though GIT but I can work without that. If anyone knows of any, please get in touch.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Overwhelmed Trying to Choose My First Web Host - Tiny Website

New to web hosting. I've been reading articles explaining the different types and what I should be looking for. The problem remains that every single site I look at or get a recommendation for also has loud negative reviews virtually screaming "avoid at all costs!". My needs: very small business, low traffic, low space requirements. The most basic of basic packages, bascially. . Just wanna upload my html, css and image files and be left alone. Maybe with such modest needs I really don't need to be this worried and I can just go with any old web host I'm in the UK, all my customers (if I get any) will be in the UK... does it matter that the web host is a UK company I see some sites saying the distance from the server doesn't matter anymore, others saying never ever host a uk site in the us, for example. I'm tempted to go with the 'biggest' companies rather than the best, since I just can't figure out who to trust. So far I'm gathering that godaddy and bluehost are two of the bigger web hosts. How do I tell whether a host is reliable or not, when there's so many extreme conflicting reviews Is there a reliable, trusted comparison site My only experience with a web host so far is "vistaprint", which has the most horrible, overpriced, limiting WYSIWYG atrocity-of-a-control panel I've ever conceived of. Thankfully I'm not in the market for simple-wysiwyg editors and templates anymore. Time for a proper web host.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Help with separate hosting of email and web site

I assume this is straightforward, but I haven't dealt with this before, so I'm hoping to get some clarification, and not screw it up! My client has their domain registered with, and are hosting their email at Network Solutions. They have paid for a long term email hosting plan and don't want to change it. They built a site initially with Google's site builder, and have their DNS settings configured with an alias to that Google-hosted site. I just made a site for them that I will be hosting, as a Host Gator reseller. Thus, I wish to direct web traffic to their new site, hosted on my Host Gator account, without messing with their current email setup. Currently under the Advanced DNS tab at Network Solutions, they have an MX record set up pointing to a Network Solutions mail server, and under CNAME records there are two records relating to email and then a "www" record aliased to Google. What I THINK I need to do is simply delete that third CNAME record and add an A record pointing to the numeric IP of the server where I have their new site. Is that correct
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need hosting information with unlimited files upload facilities

, Is there any hosting which gives me the facilities of unlimited traffic, unlimited file upload, unlimited disk space and unlimited database storage. I need this because i want to manage a reputed bank's credit card holder and their credit card monthly statement file. That's why the number of file increases. In ix shared hosting there is file limitation. For linux server file limit 300,000. database storage 5gb. Please give me suggestion with information as soon as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to find out what dns to use for a domain hosted with godaddy

I have a domain name at a different registrar. I already had it hosted at godaddy, not as the primary/root domain. I have 2 deluxe hosting accounts at godaddy and I want to move it from one to another. I uploaded all the files accordingly and I removed the domain name from the original godaddy hosting account and added it to the second hosting account. As a result an error when try to open my site: "Oops! Google Chrome could not find ...". I tried to change the dns to be the same one as the one from the root domain of the hosting account, but I still get the same problem. Does anyone knows a good method to find out which is the required DNS for that operation to be successful
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Domain Name - Registration period changes when you move to a new Registrar?

I've spent the last week trying to get a clients domain name (theirsite.co.uk) over to a new host and it's been frustrating to say the least. I was advised by the new host that there would be a small fee for the transfer (approx 5) and this was actually to re-register it for another year. Seemed fair enough. When the domain was first registered in June this year it was registered for 5 years, now according to the host, this is not the case and it only has one year before renewal (the 5 fee I just paid them covers the first year registration) However, when I view the WHOIS info at Nominet.org.uk they say that it doesn't expire until 2017, which is what it should be. This was the new host's reply to my query about it being registered for 5 years prior to the move. "I don't know what you paid at your old registrar but you only paid for a year with us, domains don't carry how long they been rewed for specially when you move them to a different registrar. Your current registrar will not transfer the domain expire date over or however long you renewed it for, if this is an issue then I suggest you take it up with them. But you can't register a domain for 5 years then decide to move away to another registrar and expect it to still have all the remaining years, it doesn't happen I'm afraid." I am more inclined to believe the information from Nominet, which leads me to think that the host company are trying to gain money through deception...the info I found on this site seems to suggest that I'm right. http://www.namecheap.com/support/kno...sfer-it-to-you Could anyone please confirm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

changing mx records?

Usually when I build a new website, I host it and also the email automatically but the company I am working for want me to host the website and someone else to host the emails. The domain is registered with 123-reg and when going to 'change MX records' I am being asked for location of service e.g mx.domain.com but all i have been give by the email host company is an ip address. anyone know what i need to do here please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which is better?

Please help me understand this. Do I want an older domain or would a new one suit me fine as well Does it really matter And if it does matter, why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to move email accounts tied to domain being transferred

I'm transferring a domain to a new host and need to transfer about 15 email addresses tied to that domain. The new host uses Vdeck and said they couldn't help with the transfer. Is it possible to make it seamless for the employees with the email accounts This is new to me so very basic help/instruction is appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dedicated server suggesttions

I moved to Toronto, Canada almost 2 years ago. The company I work for used to get services from NetFirms, a Canadian hosting company. I was not satisfied with their service so I moved all our domains, almost 50 domains at that time, and hosting to Godaddy. Unfortunatly Godaddy server got slower and slower after 6 months... Our websites were working well in US but so lame in Canada. I am willing to rent a dedicated server, I searched little bit but I was not able to decide... My friends have a dedicated server from Ovh europre and they suggested me to use Ovh Montreal. Anyone has good or bad experiences of renting dedicated server what do you suggest for North America, especially Canada connections speed This is Godaddy, in USA, hosted WP website: This is in France :
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Server Advise 130,000 Page Views Day

Currently have a wordpress site project which is hosted and managed in the US. The sites visitors are all New Zealand based. Is a linux cpanel vps server, has 1.5gb ram using 38% ram on average, average load 1.35 (16cpus shared) Traffic: 17,000 visits per day 24,000 page views a day This site has a high page load 1.2mb each page(lots of images, maps, functions etc) 161 cpu requests per page (including external). Plaform:wordpress Cache:Wp-supercache Webserver:Lightspeed CDN:MAX CDN plugins:21 (all required) Within two months paid traffic will increase to 100,000 visits a day (roughly 130,000 page views a day) Will i need to go to a dedicated and what specs would you recommend This needs to be fully managed and secured by the host 99.999% uptime business critical There is a Hybrid vps plan available with guaranteed 4cores and 10gb ram will this surfice Is a 100mbps port ok to run this I'm asking as my current host is unable to give me an estimation without trying the plan.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Lose hosting positioning slow?

Good evening can be a problem from my server I'm losing too many positions in chat Uruguay site was in the top 2'm going to number 8. Noto my hosting quite slow,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Branded Domain Names

A domain name of a locally well established business has become available. This business was taken over a few years ago by a large conglomorate and perhaps they have either let the domain go willingly or forgotten about it. Can anyone tell me about what limitations there would be using this domain name A friend of mine thinks it would be worth purchasing the domain to keep in case they want to use it again in later years. What do folk think of this Is it ethical Is it wise
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Host for Wordpress

I have tried several hosting companies for my Wordpress sites. Some have good service, but not good technology & v.v. Please recommend a company that has both. For service and technology, I need: to be able to contact them by phoneto be able to preview a site before launch without having to adjust my hosts fileand I need one-click installations and updates. The hosting companies I have tried include hostgo.com, jagflyhosting.com, and asmallorange.com. I'm considering networksolutions.com.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Should I charge for hosting and domain name in addiction to design?

I am going to design a new website for a local cardiologist's office. Is the usual practice to let the client purchase their own domain name and hosting, or should I charge them for doing it for them If I charge them that would mean I have to pay for their domain name renewal and hosting service. I could always park their domain name and host on my hosting server. However, I don't have a reseller's program. If I do these two options what is the markup price I could always just let them purchase the domain name and hosting on their own. But then comes the hassle of getting the proper information from them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

High bandwidth servers?

Currently looking at high bandwidth servers, I'm pleasantly surprised by the 100tb.com offer of servers at $200-400 monthly, on a 1gbit dedicated port with 100tb throughput, plus another $399 for unmetered. If it's genuinely as advertised, it seems too cheap to be true. I've no experience of them, and wonder why they seem able to offer such a spec so cheaply.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

Any experience with google app engine?

I've two project under gae, But I wonder if is better something like linnode VPS or other vps, sometimes friends tell me that my site is down or slow, ANy opionion experience
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Migrating site, which host?

Hi all, I have a site currently with exabytes.com. Site load is around 10 to 20 sec avg, which i feel is more than what i want, it should not be that much. I had an account with omnis before, and canceled it. Currently thinking to look for new hosting company and migrate. Yes, i searched and read reviews but i cant trust them all, as we all know most of them are paid reviews. I don't believe on Unlimited word, so that does not matter much. Some of the hosts which i can think of are: hostgator bluehost greengeeks inmotion fatcow webhostinghub Or any other... Forgot to mention, i need shared hosting(for now), 300 to 500 hits per day and site user base is around the world, GA % are: EU : 40% USA : 32% Asia : 22% Rest: 6% So what you think and suggest here.. More info can be provided if asked for.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Splitting one site into two

I have two killer domains that I wish use to head up a sister site strategy. These two domains represent my two core services Web Design and Graphic Design.* My registered business name is Gordon Design and my existing domain is gordondesign. com. au.* Can anyone advise me how to redirect from the original domain to one of the proposed new sister sites (which will be linked to each other) so I can preserve the equity and inbound links to my existing domain * Also, does anyone know of any issues in Australian jurisdiction that require a commercial domain's characters to relate to the entity's registered business name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

any free hosting service

any free hosting service free and fast please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

(Go Daddy) Setting up reverse DNS lookup and A Name records for better email delivery

Is anyone able to audit my A Name records and Reverse DNS lookup to see if my records are optimized to have the best email results to clients I've read in a few articles that if you are having problems getting to some peoples inbox, setting up a few things with the domain can help. Is this true My domain is:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

On Virtuozzo

An hosting company offers Virtuozzo control panel for managing VPS, one has to pay seperately for the usual cPanel, don't know much about this Virtuozzo thing, can it do the job of cPanel I'm trying to cut costs by not paying for cPanel(if it's not really needed).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!