Understanding the usage of "na1" as a host name

I've seen a few online services being hosted on machines named "na1" followed by the name of the company... Things like na1.replicon.com or na1.salesforce.com. Maybe it's just one of those days by why "na1" Why not "app1" or something more meaningful

Anyhow, just the weird question of the day. There is more than likely a very good reason for the choice of those two letters but it just does not come to my mind.

Posted On: Saturday 29th of December 2012 01:22:09 AM Total Views:  51
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

server status details on cPanel - help understanding?

cpsrvd up Server Load 3.94 (4 cpus) Memory Used 18.5 % Swap Used 0 % Disk /dev/md1 (/) 24 % Disk /dev/md2 (/tmp) 3 % Disk /dev/md3 (/home) 97 % Disk /dev/md4 (/usr) 40 % Disk /dev/md5 (/var) 75 % Disk /dev/md0 (/boot) 30 % Server load and Disk /dev/md3 (/home) are showing red dots. Can someone help me to understand this page on cPanel. I can imagine that red dots are not a good thing while the green ones are, but I don't know what it all means or if I should be complaining about this to my host...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Shoutcast server

can any one host a small server, maby 24-48k bitrate with 5-10 slots or maby does anyone need a Dj
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

transfering a site from one host to another... easiest way? cpanel

whats the easiest way to transfer a site, content and sql database from one host to another i have cpanel, the person who bought it from me i beleive does... is there a painless way to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Faster dns updates for .info

Is it correct that dns updates for .info (and .biz) propagates through the internet much faster than for .com/net/org Why Any other tlds with the same dns update speed I think I remember someone saying something like that a while ago but can't find it. Moved a .info domain yesterday and the domain pointed to the new server within the hour. Found something related to this on the afilias.info and neulevel.biz sites : From http://www.afilias.info/faqs/for_reg...al_registrar#b How often are .INFO DNS zones updated Updates to the zone information will be generated automatically every five minutes. These updates will reflect any modifications, additions, or deletions to the registry that have been made by the registrars during that time period. Only changes that have been committed to the database will be reflected in the zone information update. From http://www.neulevel.biz/why_biz/index.html Technology. Why wait up to 72 hours for your Web address to activate .BIZ offers real-time registration, so you can open for business immediately.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Domain Prices Increasing

I have heard that on 1st of July domain prices are increasing specially .com and .net domain. COM will go up 7%, and .NET by 10%. Can anybody confirm from reliable resources , I do not believe that will be huge increase at all. Of course prices will go higher. But they will be huge.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Please show me the best Delicated server provider

I want to buy delicated Server Solution for my website.Do you know which provider Please show me the best Delicated server provider Thank you ! , Originally Posted by flashvn My friend tell me about Severloft.com, do you any ideaPlease tell me ! Searech for their name + review to find out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Domain history

A domain has come on the market that I think might be worth purchasing. How do I check out that this domain has not been blocked or check what history it has
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Shifting to a new web hosting service.

My plan is about to end with the existing host and i want to move to a new Web Hosting provider ...Can any one suggest me a good Host.I am not looking for cloud or shared cloud..My budget is like $15-20 /month ..Basically the site has images stored in folders . i also need a good cPanel since i am using Visual studio to upload and debug my application .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

VPS Hosting vs. Cloud Hosting questions

I am used to shared hosting, but now I'm starting to understand the important of VPS and dedicated hosting. It allows your site to load faster and have minimal problems because you don't have to share resources with other people, especially when handling high traffic sites. Anyway, when I was looking around for good VPS hosting, I came across something called Cloud hosting. I know it's been there for a while but I really have no idea about the difference. I'm not technically inclined so I apologize if those features in the service plan seem like gibberish to me. Can anyone lay it out for me in layman's terms Like I said, I was used to shared hosting and buying them is quite simple. But when I look at VPS hosting and Cloud hosting they have these terms that I don't understand and even have a slider that increases and decreases the cost. What is enough for, let's say, a website that expects 100,000 to 200,000 visitors per month Do these hosting services have cPanel installed as well Shared hosting services mostly have cPanel so I kind of got used to that already.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

What platform is your webhost? Windows, Linux, other?

Just wondering what platform your webhost uses to host your site (not which web server but rather what operating system) If it's Other please indicate which OS your website is hosted on in your response.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!