Setup costs of a reseller website

, I am wanting to set up a reseller hosting account as a hobby and extra income if possible, I currently have 550-600 to start with but want to pay for for the reseller account and whmcs monthly but need basic web design work and integraten with whmcs and so on, advertising and what ever else I will need not really sure , any advice would be helpful
Also so I don't open another topic is anyone else tapatqlk working with the site mine has stopped working with site point says I don't have permission to access this
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:12 AM Total Views:  235
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Setup costs of a reseller website

, I am wanting to set up a reseller hosting account as a hobby and extra income if possible, I currently have 550-600 to start with but want to pay for for the reseller account and whmcs monthly but need basic web design work and integraten with whmcs and so on, advertising and what ever else I will need not really sure , any advice would be helpful Also so I don't open another topic is anyone else tapatqlk working with the site mine has stopped working with site point says I don't have permission to access this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Which domain for a graphics portfolio website?

Hi . I'm starting a graphics portfolio website which I plan to use and update throughout my time at uni and other work outside of uni. It will mainly have graphics work and my photography work. I currently have 2 domains which are unused - would any of these be suitable 1) http://www.benmdavies.com I like this because it has my full name in the URL, but the only thing that puts me off is the fact that I had to use my middle name initial in the middle of it. Also my surname "Davies" can be spelt "Davis". But thinking about it further, the main way people would get to know my portfolio would be by an email/business card. Its not as if people are going to go on it from memory Or am I wrong 2) http://www.psdworkshop.com I also have this domain, I quite like it but not sure if it suits a graphics portfolio as alot of work I do is done in illustrator as well as photshop but is this really relevant _____ Any opinions would be greatly appriciated! Which would you go for, or would you re-think and buy a new domain
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

i hate resellerzoom/hostzoom

I used to like them. Your experience may differ from mine, but the last couple of months i had with them were horrible. Several downtimes. My site was hacked, and they didn't help me by checking their logs. Their abuse dept was a b**tch to talk to. You get what you pay for. Got a VPS account elsewhere and never looked back... Let me make clear, this was just my personal experience. Like i said i hosted with them for like 2 years and never had those problems, so it could be just me. But then things started going downhill... I guess i will never trust a shared hosting service. Get VPS or Dedicated if you can afford it. So worth it...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

my website won't load on mac.. but loads on other computers in the house

Suddenly, in the middle of working on a Joomla dev site on my hosting account, the page stopped loading. I have it in a subfolder so I tried to atleast load the root site - that won't load anything either. Basically, everything on that domain has stopped loading on my iMac. But when I try to access it either on my wireless pc laptop or wired pc desktop - it works fine. I found this on the subject: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-9...-not-load-help and from what it sounds like, somewhere, that domain's been put on a block list. I know very little about modems and servers, but I followed the instructions some wrote there about changing the numbers in your MAC account, but that didn't work. Every once in a while, I'll refresh and the site will load. I'll be able to work on it for a while, and then it'll suddenly stop connecting. Oddly, I am still able to get/put via ftp when this is happening. I tried doing accessing it via a remote ISP and it loads fine! So the problem is with my Mac. I've seen a lot of mention of people having this problem but there doesn't seem to be an answer. It happens with both Firefox and Safari; I've cleared the cache/history and restarted my computer, my modem and my router. I tried connecting directly to the modem. I tried calling my host and they basically said "not our problem, we can connect fine." Can anyone help with this at all\t It seems *somewhat* common from what I've googled, but no explanation and no solution! Thank you...! ps. I know this is not necessarily a hosting problem.... but I really dont know where else an issue like this would go. , I'm not familiar with Mac. But I believe that would be better for you to do the search on some Mac related forums. I believe there you may find answers faster then here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help to find correct Hosting Server for community website

Hi Guys, I'm currently working on one of the book community website, including near abt 6-7 pages. Which will be in ".net or php" In the the early Stage (6 months) i'm expecting a bit low traffic (In the same time, I'll work upon marketing to get a good amt of traffic), So after that (may be) i'm expecting huge traffic, since we are planning for multilingual sites. So i am looking for Correct Hosting Server, which will allow me upload multiple domains (may be 15/20), with really good speed (i dont want any compromise in speed for loading page), Still i'm just trying to set the things so thinking for Cheap server. Plz do suggest for this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

URGENT - Need to move website due to cron job frequency

I have a website that runs 17 cron jobs...4 every minute...most every 5 minutes...the remaining few every hour or so. Can anyone please refer me to a host that allows this The best I've found thus far is host for web but they require every five minutes.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dedicated server - how to setup CRON

Hi , I'm trying to help out a friend with a dedicated server setup however we both don't know too much about it. We've setup apache, perl, sql all the standard stuff but cannot for the life of us setup a CRON job for a particular script. The dedicated server control panel is: WHM Accelerated. Our current websites have been setup on the server under the same user account (master). There doesn't seem to be the usual "CPANEL" options which you usually get with shared hosting however. This is probably one of the most stupidest questions, could anyone point us in the right direction please , I believe if you have root access to the server that is not a problem whatever control panel is installed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Advantage to having a WordPress website?

What's the advantage to having a WordPress website Do you host it there What's the difference between a Wordpress web site any other kind
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need to move video linking website, urgent

. I have a website which has linked (embedded) videos. The videos are not stored on my own server, so space and bandwidth are not big issues. The real problem is that some of my videos are linked to copyrighted material. The owners of the sites where the video is streaming from allows me to embed it... Think youku.com... These are things like TV Shows, etc. My current host does not allow adult content. I have found hosts that allow adult content, but I am more concerned about the video linking. Should I try hostgator or go offshore Any ideas I have another week to get this moved.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

utropicmedia.net reseller web hosting.

! I would like to sign up for utropicmedia.net's reseller web hosting . But at the same time I have found an interesting thing on their web site. They offer web hosting in 3 regions: Europe, Asia and USA. What do you think is it worth to ask them about possibility to have some of sites hosted in Europe some in Asia and some in USA with one account. Or this is impossible at all , Check them more carefuly. Maybe they do not give such possibiliyty for their reseller accounts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

domain name not in use and registered with a company whose website is non existant

hello, i'm interested in a .co.uk name which is registered until late 2008. the name is not in use. whois gives the registrar's name as the registrant as well which may mean, i suppose, the registrar company owns it themselves or the owner has kept their name/details private. this is the web address of the registrar: http://www.commerce.uk.net which isn't looking so healthy. so the company appears to be no longer in existance possibly, at least their website isn't. any suggestions for what may be happening and how i might go about getting the name without spending loads i might just call a number i've found on the internet for Commerce Internet Ltd (the registrar's company name) (although the page with the number on is about 6 years old so may not be correct anymore) and see what happens / see what they say, but just thought i'd ask on here first in case anyone has any suggestions/knows a bit more
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transferring domains from reseller

Hi Quite a few years ago a friend and I both bought domain names through a reseller. The domain names are all under the resellers account and neither my friend nor I am on the whois register for either domains. Both sites are presently offline and have been for several months, allthough they are not expired. I have written to the reseller a number of times with absolutely no reply. What steps should I take to get these domains registered under my name, so that I can move them to a host of my choice I have receipts from the reseller, and both sites are in the wayback archive with both my friends and my details on. Any help gratefully appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Game server/dedicated server reseller accoun

I am not sure if this is possible but does anyone know of any companies that can provide a system where i can manage and create game server accounts and deidcated servers and setup type of thing like resellers can do with Normal Cpanel accounts i have seen one company that does but they are located in the UK Any in the USA or anywhere else
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

IP address displayed instead of website hostname

, Ihave registered my website domain with a domain registrar and I am hosting my website from home(Windows 2003 server, IIS 6.0). I am using port 81 for the website and I have told my domain registrar to point any access to my website to the ip address and port 81. The problem I am having now is that when I enter www.mywebsite.com into the browser, the website address changes to the ip address and the port number. I have also setup the host header name against the website in my IIS but the website address still changes to the IP address. I want to display the website address as www.mywebsite.com in the browser instead of the IP address and the port number. Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how I can fulfil the above.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Establishing a relationship with a reseller for sites I design.

I just design websites on the side. I've done about 10 or so and have ended up hosting them on my shared hostgator account as addon domains. I've decided to leave my current "day job" and want to try to pick up a few more web jobs in the interim. I want to stop putting more websites in my shared account, I don't want to be a reseller and I want to be able to direct people to a host where they would get good customer service for hosting and email issues. I thought it would be nice to establish a relationship with a reseller to whom I could refer my web design clients. Ideally, it would be someone that's local (Twin Cities, MN) and I could meet in person to see if we'd work together well. Do others do this Does it seem to make sense to do this Another option would be to refer directly to hostgator. I've been happy with them but I haven't needed much in the way of customer service. Do they work well with hosting clients who don't know anything about hosting At some point I might want to be a reseller, but right now I want to concentrate on design and learning some new things (CMS is the next thing on my plate).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Webhost disapeared along with my website

My website is gone, my mail lost, my webhost website gone, their phone number disconnected since today. Considering the webhost's phone is disconnected I assumed he went out of business. Where do I go from there, would it be premature to go My domain registrar and have my website point to a "in construction" page until I find a webhost. Don't know where to go from here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A 25 year website?

I would like to build a website which I can guaruntee will be around for 25 years. Is there a maximum length of time for which a domain name can be registered, and if so, will I always be able to renew the registration Any way you can think of for me to do this will be very helpful!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Advice on reseller hosting?

I've just moved my reseller hosting for the third time. Actually, I'm strung out across three servers because I've been real hesitant where to leave all of me eggs. I should have everything on my new hostgator account by the week's end. I have read that they are a decent shared/reseller hosting provider. What are your opinions on hostgator I was reading another post and saw that someone mentioned "proactively monitored servers". I've googled this and haven't gotten much in the way of results. I'm assuming that these are not often used keywords. Regardless... Can you recommend (and link me to) some hosting providers that offer reseller hosting that is proactively managed My last hosting provider put me through some hellish downtime. My clients were PISSED. I really didn't like having to deal with this. I also don't want to deal with buying a pipe and forking out the loot for an extremely redundant hosting system. Not for 20 sites... Any insight you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need help with dns setup

I need help you .. I have and dns problem.. I had registered and domain name with yahoo and had my webhosting account ip address configured in its dns settings.. My webhosting company has did a server migration and sent me the following dns address for me to enter into my yahoo domain cotrol settings. ns41.dns-guard.com ns40.dns-guard.com This is not working for me and my hosting company is no help.. The only thing they keep saying is add these dns address to your domain account... Help!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

need hosting for a small biz website

! I am looking for a cheap host with the following features: at least 500mb of storage and 5-10gb of bandwidthPHP and mysql database supportand multiple domains support.Please share any host of your choice with the characteristics shown above. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

any advice for someone who wants to start and become a reseller?

any advice for someone who wants to start and become a reseller The steps involved in reselling a domain Recommend any sites tips and hints
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

valuehost website down

My webhost valuehost.co.uk's website is down as is my site www.golfbettingguide.com. Anyone else using valuehost have any idea what's going on Starting to get worried
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I need a server NO setupcost

i have a little script that uses too much resources on my current host and they say its locking up the server. I would like a dedicated server. It does not have to be powerful at all and it has to be cheap. under 50 maybe under 100. I have never had a server before so i need a cheap place with no setupcost to experiment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

looking for hosting reseller account

Hi , i am looking for hosting reseller to use on my site . I am not expert in this yet , so an easy account to use will be best . Please also mention if : - I can charge any amount i want - how many domains i can host -Who will provide support for members -how much monthly payments I will need it very soon ,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Reseller Hosting - Comparison

Can anyone suggest a good Reseller Hosting provider I have currently taken a Reseller Hosting account from JustHost.com. But after reviewing so many threads here, I feel it was may be a wrong decision. Can anyone suggest good Reseller Hosting providers with a comparison chart if possible The few I know are Resellers Panel, Go Daddy, Host Gator.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!