Rackspace to not have traffic stats - requiring customers to install their own?!

I just got this ticket from rackspace saying google is pulling the plug on urchin. This is outside of rackspace's jurisdiction, I understand - the thing that really chafes is that they not giving us an alternative other than us customers installing google analytics - I have over 100 hosting customers! This would take *HOURS upon HOURS* to do.

More than ranting, I ask that who is a rackspace customer to complain to rackspace out this - I see this as highly unprofessional. Reply to their ticket and let them know you feel this is unacceptable!
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:50:07 AM Total Views:  170
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Anyone have clients asking for .tel domains?

Sincere apologies if this has already been posted -- I searched and didn't see anything relevant. There is a new .tel domain coming out in the first quarter of 2009 that is being pushed as a game-changing domain, kind of like .mobi was. My gut feeling is that it's going to be largely useless, kind of like .mobi was. A client received a marketing piece from Network Solutions about it and asked me my opinion. My gut is to tell them to skip it unless they're interested in making sure no one else registers their domain with that extension, but I wanted to check with you folks first...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

I have had it with Getpro hosting :(

about 2 years ago on IRC a 15year old kid started a webhosting business, I thoghut hmm might be a bit dodgy, but the price was amazing and I am glad I chose them back then. Custmer service was great, and instant and the service was first class it was never down! But now he has sold it to someone else, the webhosting is down everyday with either DNS or MYSQL problems, with no support from the current hosts. My current deal is about 30 a year for 1.5Gb storage and 10Gb bandwidth a month with 10 domains. I am struggling to find anyting to match that in the UK Can anyone reccomend a reliable host, with similar offers to what i currently have more bandwidth would be great
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I have to upgrade from shared

I just got an email from HostGator that my account has been suspended for excessive cpu/memory usage and that I need a semi or full dedicated account. I looked at their plans for semi, which is $75/mo. Dedicated would basically put me in the red. While I am starting to see more business the past few months, $75/mo would severely cut my profits (maybe half for some months) As for my account, I am only using about 250mb in space and my monthly bandwith usually does not go over 30gig. I have asked them for some stats on how much I resources I am using. What are my options here I know what semi and dedicated mean, but why so pricy Semi, I assume, would be my site and maybe 3 or 4, and dedicated a full server to myself correct Can anyone recommend another site that would better suit my needs or should I stick with HG
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Complicated to have a VPS account compared to normal shared hosting?

Questions from a VPS newbie: is it more hassle to maintain a VPS account Seems very technical from the posts I've read here. Also, is there a tangible advantage to having a VPS account for somebody who will have a basic HTML, Javascript and PHP site Finally, how can many hosts be providing VPS hosting at shared hosting prices (e.g. $15 a month) Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP! Anyone here big enough to have connections with Pool or their owner Rob Hall?

If there is anyone here that could help me who has connections or a good business relationship with Pool, the owner Rob Hall or their head accountant, Joyce Corey, I would be extremely grateful. If so, you could email me at: Jones@fas.Harvard.edu or PM me here at the forum. I have been trying to reactivate my account with Pool for some time. I have followed their instructions and faxed in both sides of my credit card with all my account info but they said I needed to enlarge it, as they couldn't read it. I tried again and enlarged the credit card info and faxed it in and again they said they couldn't read it. Now Joyce Corey has made a decision that she will not let me reactivate my account. I just need her to give me one more chance to reactivate my account, as I will send the info through the mail. I would do anything including extra fees or whatever to get my account reactivated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Anyone have experience w/this hosting co?

Hi , I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with Mysitespace: http://www.mysitespace.com/ I have a client who is currently with Verio. They want to switch, as they are paying $49.95 for their plan. I'm sort of a new comer and don't know too much about these hosting companies, but I'm generally very skeptical when there is such a difference in price. Here's just a small sample from one of their plans which costs only $6.00 : Hosting Plan Details * 800MB disk space * 20GB (12,000MB) monthly data transfer * Support for your own domain * 5 sub domains * 5 MySQL databases * Unlimited FTP Access * SSH Support * Powerful xController Control Panel The "one catch" they mention is the following: We do show a small "Free Hosting by MySiteSpace.com" link at the bottom of your site. In addition we do limit you to certain file types, but do support everything needed for a basic web site. Compared with a partial list of my client's plan with Verio: * 10 GB of monthly data transfer * 300 MB diskspace * 30 configurable POP/Webmail e-mail accounts * 30 mail forwards * 30 autoresponders Can anyone offer some advice please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

anyone have any HOSTIK business-class dedicated hosting feedback ?!

http://servers.hostik.com/ Dedicated Server DS-2005-2 the price seems nice,, I'm looking for a better and cheaper server with more resources, anyone Intel P4, 3.2GHz, HT, 800MHz Bus, 1MB Cache 160GB RAID rated Server-Class Hard Drive 1,024MB Dual-Channel DDR400 SDRAM 3,000GB Monthly Transfer 100Mbps Non-Capped Network Connection 5 IP Addresses One server suitable for 99% of applications Fedora Project or FreeBSD $129.00 Monthly $375.00 Quarterly One-time Setup Fee: $149.00
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I have a few domains for sale.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.phpt=267123
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How long until whois shows address change?

I recently updated my home address and email on my godaddy account, just wondering how long until whois shows the changes. Still nothing after 2 days. , Up to 72 hours. Make sure you have cleaned old cashe as well.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Privacy service hijacked domain. Advice?

I transferred my domain from 1and1 to SustainableDomains back in 2007. I had used 1and1's domain privacy service. Like most people, I didn't realize that this made 1and1 the registrant/owner of the domain. For some reason, when the domain transferred, 1and1 remained the registrant. I had already removed the privacy service to initiate the transfer, but apparently, 1and1 never relinquished ownership of the domain. I was unaware of this, because I signed up for privacy service through DomainsByProxy during the transfer process. In other words, I only saw DomainsByProxy's info when I looked at the WhoIs records to confirm that the transfer had gone smoothly. The domain expired on Feb 27th of this year. On the 25th, I began transfer procedures to bring the domain over to Dynadot. My transfer was denied because, after I removed the DomainsByProxy service, the registrant name showed as 1and1. A SustainableDomains rep told me to go in and change the ownership data to my own info. I asked him if anything bad would happen as a result of this. He assured me that it wouldn't. I changed the info and re-initiated the transfer. The transfer was denied again, this time because updating my registrant information caused a 60 day domain lock to go into effect. In the meantime, the domain has expired, and Dynadot has turned my transfer payment into an account credit, rather than putting it back on my credit card. My website is now gone from the web. According to SustainableDomains, I only have 2 choices: 1. Renew with SustainableDomains. 2. Wait until the 60 day lock ends and the domain is released back into the public pool, and hope that I can get it again. I feel utterly abused by these registrars. Can anyone suggest another option
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Am I making a domain name mistake?

I am wondering if I am making a mistake. I have a great idea for a cartoon brand. I was going to register the two domain names www.thenamenam.com and wwwnamename.com No, namename.com is NOT the real name. Anyway, today I registered www.THEnamename.com. I found out someone else registered the other name www.namename.com in February. Oh well. My question is, would it be a mistake to create a brand/website that is so close to the other domain name I have no idea what the other website is about. It's not up yet. I appreciate your input.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Local vs. big ISP - impact on SEM?

We currently have a site hosted on a 'local' ISP (in quotes b/c I don't know if they are a reseller), but we are not impressed with their resources. We are thinking about moving to a bigger service (godaddy), but there's concern we may loose our Search Engine results - which we are very happy with. So... if nothing else changed other than the ISP host, do we need to worry about loosing rank in Search engines TIA, CB
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!