question on VPS

I see lots of post here on Gator and i was thinking about getting one of there VPS plans. I was green and did not know better when i purchased a un plan from go daddy and now my site is using 150-200GB in bandwidth a month and need to do something different

Anyone have any thoughts on this
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:44 AM Total Views:  215
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

VPS question

We have been running our website on a shared hosting and after a plan of redesigning our website, we now plan to move to a more reliable host, one with a good technical support. I've come across VPS, but never really, fully understand its advantage and disadvantages. One hosting says "You can perform server reboots and OS reloads from the provided Virtuozzo Power Panel, giving you complete control of your Virtual Server. As this is a self-managed product, we will only be able to provide support for any server or network related issues." I'm not really sure about this VPS, since I've had only experience with shared environment. What kinds of situation can they be of support and what situations will be on our end to handle let me rephrase that, i have 0 experience with VPS. IF i purchase it, what would i get, and how do i start my website or should i stick with shared
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Newbie question about domain forwarding.

Hi . I've got a site i made, say for example it's blah.com.au I'm about to register another domain (say it's blahblah.com.au), which i want to do nothing more than redirect to blah.com.au. Just wondering what i need to do to get anyone who visits blahblah.com.au to redirect to blah.com.au. One more thing, i still want it to appear as blahblah.com.au in the browser address box. I was under the impression that i just need to register blahblah.com.au, then set up some sort of forwarding Would i need to purchase DNS hosting with whoever i buy blahblah.com.au from or can i just use my current hosts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

hosting question

I am relatively new to web sites, Bought a group of 8 proxy sites, they exceeded my bandwidth for the month in a few days, i need to move them asap, any suggestions on a hosting company that allows proxys What package would you recommend How much bandwidth should 8 proxy sites take a month, dazed and confused,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

domain question

I'm new to buyin domain names. I've been reading up and found its best to "park" your domains to get some traffic to them before selling. correct what site is best to park sedo.com any tips i just bought these and want to make the most of them before sellling. snakesonaforum.com WiiGAMES2007.COM Wii2007.COM Wii2006.COM TOTALWiiPLANET.COM TOTALPS3PLANET.COM THEWiiPLANET.COM PS3VSWii.COM wiiVSPS3.com THEWiiCOMMUNITY.COM WiiCHARTS.COM WiiCHATFORUM.COM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Awstats question

Hi . Please explain me about accuracy of "Add to favorites (estimated)" in "Miscellaneous" section it real data
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Secure directories and shared hosting questions...

. Hope is well. I'm toying with the idea of having a travel site where travellers can upload diaries and pictures and sensitive files (like scans of documents etc.) I've sorted a solution for multiple uploads to my shared server space, but I'm not sure how to best sort out a secure directory so the outside world can't see the uploaded files they have. Does anyone know how I can have secure directories, which I can still access to upload files to from a PHP form The secure directories need to be protected from just anyone getting the files in that directory. Also, I would like the site idea to have multiple uploads, so people can upload images from their digital cameras. I've sorted a Java solution to the actual uploading - but can anyone tell me of anything I should be aware of, or have setup, or whatever when having this type of feature Thank you for any help on this, as always I've caught myself sorting this stuff out at the last minute!! James
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How long until whois shows address change?

I recently updated my home address and email on my godaddy account, just wondering how long until whois shows the changes. Still nothing after 2 days. , Up to 72 hours. Make sure you have cleaned old cashe as well.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Google Webmaster tools - register two domains for the same site?

Hi all, I have bought a .co.uk and a .com for my business, both point to the same website. To be more specific the website is hosted on the .co.uk domain and I have the .com redirecting to it. Now my question is, with my .co.uk address already authenticated in my Webmaster dashboard, should I try and add the .com as well or would google see that as duplicate content and penalize me Ideally I would like worldwide customers to find me via the .com address, and uk customers via the .co.uk. I hope all that made sense!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!