Never Ever use 1and1

Been trying to cancel my account with 1and1.com for the last well almost 6 months. Turns out the only way to cancel is to do 6 months of non-payment, which they finally admitted on the phone today. During which time they keep threatening to ruin my credit on the phone and in writing. found out today after 6 months they will me a final bill and cancel the account.

They offer easy online setup. But billing, cancelation, and problem resolution are all different departments and many of them may only be accessed certain specific offline ways. I have Never dealt with an online company that has so many offline requirements (that they don't tell you about).
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:47:50 AM Total Views:  181
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Does everyone hate this name?

I am making forums and does like BBoardX.com If you hate it got any other suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

I want to learn everthing about Hosting.

Hi. I want to learn everything about Hosting. How to choose hosting company. how to know wath is the meaning about any element in any plan of hosting. ...... etc Tell me about site for learning that or any place. I found this: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/com...uide-hosting-1 Is it good\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Good, cheap hosting for several domains/sites

I'd appreciate it if you could suggest some shared hosts that offer hosting for more than 1 (3, 5, unlimited, IDC) domain/site, and have unlimited mysql databases, good fast support, cpanel, fantastico, FREE site backups... decent space and bandwidth (GB, TB, not MB), linux, for under $15/month. For now I have an eye on hostgator [except I'm mad about their false advertising (on the index it says "Shared $6.95/mo * Personal Hosting * Unlimited Sites * Learn More ... ", but click "learn more" and it says "Host Unlimited Sites on Our Baby, Swamp, and Semi Dedicated Hosting Plans!"- none of which are $6.95)]. For now I'm with siteground, for $5.95/month, if i pay anually, I get a free domain, 2500 GB Traffic and 250 GB Web space (per month of course), but can only host 1 domain. And they disabled site backups via cpanel (not a problem, but I'd like my next host to not do stuff like that). I hope you can point me to a host or two,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What Skills and Knowledge You Need to Host on Dedicated Severs

Hi , I have always hosted on a shared managed server. Where all i did was upload my files... from my computer using dreamweaver or an FTP client. I dont know much about dedicated servers. What is the difference between using and setting my site up on a dedicated server what am i expected to learn or do how different is it from what i currently do with a shared host I am particularly interested in getting a server from ThePlanet. Maybe ServerMatrix or something with Cpanel. http://www.servermatrix.com/ Also, are there any other good dedicated hosts you can recommend (((( Just noticed Maybe this should go in Server Management Forum )))))
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hosting several sites on same server using single fixed IP address

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hie Guys Ive been trying to host web applications on my own,so i installed Windows Server 2003 Web Edition with SP1.i also configured IIS and got a fixed ip address. I ve been able to successfully configure 1 site to work fully but the problem is i want to host 3 more websites on the same server using that same ip address i have tried using host headers with no luck could any one school me on how to host several web sites on same server using a single IP address.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

1&1 Internet (&"1"more) Bill Scam!!!!!

And I am a fool for not reading the reviews about 1&1 I just didn't think it could be that bad, until they did it to me. In short, I had registered/maintained a domain with 1&1 for about 2 1/2 years. No problems to report with their hosting. However, shortly after I had closed my business I received a renewal invoice for the domain that I no longer was going to be using. I cancelled using a very well hidden cancellation page https://cancel.1and1.com/ along with a confirmation Today I received a 3rd party collection notice stating that 1&1 had sent this account to them for collections. I thought "No big deal" it must be a mistake and called and explained to them that I no longer used this domain, It was cancelled 3 days after their emailed invoice so I should not have been billed or sent to a collection agency. The first reply was......... "Unfortunately domain names are nonrefundable as stated during the ordering process and in our Terms & Conditions (http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Gtc): 3.9. Upon cancellation of this Agreement you will receive a prorated refund of any pre-paid, refundable fees for the remainder of any term." That seemed like a candid response and completely irrelevant to my issue, so I spoke to a supervisor and received the following response: "Our records indicate that your cancellation request was made after the billing due date for the domain " And after telling them the above is true, but as I had cancelled the domain 3 days after the expiration the last reply I got was: "Our records show the effective date of your cancellation was after the billing date for the domains. As such the invoice you received is valid and the balance must still be resolved." They claim to still have the right to bill renewals for this non-existing domain. In other words they are charging me renewal fees without renewing anything, which is pretty close to stealing in my opinion. And therefore I am left with no other option that to make this scam public in hopes of having some good come out of all this. Monetarily my loss is not going to be a big one (less than $50), but it is annoying to have to waste time trying to resolve issues 3 months after my business has closed to find out that they had no intention of doing the right thing but were scams from the beginning. Please don't make the same mistake as I did, and stay away from 1&1. Important dates: 12-11-10 Received emailed Invoice 12-14-10 Cancelled 3-4-11 Received a Collection Notice From NCO Financial (3rd Party Collection)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!