Name for newssite: wich domain to choose?

I want to make a international newssite where I aggregate different RSS-newsfeeds, so that one can se headlines of many different newssources.

I do have a few domain names:

newz.biz
newstaxi.com
oago.com
poax.xom
gixa.com
zerl.com
vupe.com
conovo.com

Wich one would you choose
Posted On: Thursday 25th of October 2012 11:56:50 PM Total Views:  420
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Hosting domains/subdomains

I currently have a reseller account with a webhosting company and I have recently been approached by a friend asking me if he can host his bands forum on my servers. He currently has his site hosted somewhere else, I don't know if he wants to move his whole site over or just wants the forums on my server. I'm assuming its the latter of the two. Anyway, he's renewing his domain name in a couple of days. Is it possible that if he wants to host only the forums on my server, say http://forums.hisdomain.com will point to the forum (on my server) and http://www.hisdomain.com can point to his site on his server If this is so, how do I do it Does that make sense
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

True multiple domain hosting vs addon domains/domain pointers

, I need some help understanding the differences between true multiple domain hosting and addon domains which (I guess) use pointers to point to a sub domain/folders. I just signed up with Site5 and need to know how best to setup my account and added domains etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Please check my .info domains: insuranse, debt consolidation, wine, remorgage..

, Just regged these, what do you think: www.buywineonline.info www.carinsuranceny.info www.cheapremortgage.info www.debt-cosolidation-loan.info www.remortgagedeal.info www.remortgageuk.info
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Website name, please look!

what do you think of this name siteaddicts.com site addicts (By the way I have it registered..). I know it is the actual content and person making it but I am just looking for your feedback on the domain and what you think of it Also do you think it has any value Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

$2.95 domains?

, I see that ipower.com is offering domain registration for as low as $2.95. Anybody know any domain reseller company (like enom, directi) offering simialr priced domain registration
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Possible? Rename Website & Change Domain While Retaining PR, etc.?

I am looking to purchase a forum website but am unhappy with the domain names of most that I have found. If I were to purchase a website, is it possible to change the name and domain without loosing PageRank, link referrals, etc. from the old domain I understand certain redirects can be made if the old domain is retained, but can this be done efficiently without significant "loss"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you mask a url address with your domain name?

all. I'm really new to the whole domains thing and decided to purchase one from www.ukreg.com yesterday. I'm trying to use the domain name to mask over my current url, so for example when somebody typed in www.mysite.co.uk it would still appear as that in the url and not act as simply a redirect which is what it is currently doing. The user could then browse the site without ever even seeing my previous hosting url. I did some searching and found that it is related to the nameservers But I'm really not certain at all what I'm supposed to be changing. Is it possible somebody could explain exactly what I should be doing to mask my url
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

eCommerce domain name

Domain on planning on using FrugalDeals.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Five letter domain name beginning with an "A"

As five letter domain names get fewer and farther between, I have come up with one that is a "word" - what I mean is, it is not an actual english dictionary word, but it "reads" right and has vowels in the correct place, etc. In fact, it is the acronym for a 1980's action film, not that that means anything. Do you think a name like that - something like this "artek.com" - with only five letters, and beggining with an "A", has any value
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Back-ordering domain names

There is a domain name that has expired on Oct. 1st, that I'm interested in. I have two questions: 1. If I back-order it, will the current (expired) registrant know it's been back-ordered 2. How long of a grace period is a registrant given to renew a domain name, once has domain has expired
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name bought w/o email

Apparently I bought my domain name from godaddy and it didn't come with a single email address. Has anyone heard of this one, I was unaware that this was possible. Guess I wasn't paying attention. They are trying to charge me $10 to get a single email account added to my domain name. Is there a way around this or a cheaper way of adding email to a domain name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

1 word domain name

Just register Astrict.com I know this word is not a common word of use. Do you think it holds any value Definition Astrict - To bind up; to confine; to constrict; to contract.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

New domain name: What to do?

I have recentely bought a new domain name, which I want to use for my site. My webhost has changed this new domain name to the primary name of my website. I have two over parked domain names (the URL's I have used till now). They all go to the same site. How can I optimize this for SEO puposes without. That is how can I get it to go to the new domain name e.g If user types www.oldname.info he gets www.newname.net I've heard about 103 redirects. How can I implement it in the htaccess file of the site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

registrar using my domian names illegally

Hi , I'm posting this to get some perspective and comments regarding the abuse of my domain names by a reseller registrar registraydomains.net who is a reseller for eNom.com. I've bought several DNs from registrydomain.net. Two of those names went into redemption period because I did not receive an email notifying me of their expiration.That my have been my fault by not updating my email address with them. I bought the two DNs back for $160 each. But during the redemption period eNom posted their own money-making ppc directory website on one of the domains consumersdirectory.com and the other DN consumersmarket.net - was used by the registrar registrydomain.net to post its own web site that consisted of links and advertisement to their home page (and a for-profit ppc directory on the same page). Both eNom and registrydomains.net used my DNs during redemption period to make money. AND now that I have redeemed both DNs these two companies are still using my domain names for their purposes. To me that is flat out illegal. I realize I can transfer the DNs to another registrar and I will do that very soon. But I wanted to first get any perspective or comments from others, namely sitepoint.com forum on this situation. I have emailed and called eNom.com about this and of course they do not return my emails or calls. I will call and email them again. I just now learned of what registrydomains.net was with my consumersmarket.net DN and just called them today. Then another strange thing occurred. Registrydomains.net also took most of the DNs I have purchased from them and created "promotional" DNs of them with .info extensions. For example, I own suncapital.org and registrydomains.net created suncapital.info on my behalf without me knowing it. I did not pay for it but suncapital.info is registered in my name. The whois database says I own suncapital.info but I never bought it. Registrydomains.net took the liberty of registering that domain name for me without my permission. Of course they want me to add it to my shopping cart for free and I'm sure pay for it later as this is done under the guise of "promotion". But to me it is illegal. They did this to several of my domain names including one that is literally my own name .com. Now there is a myactualname.info DN out there registered to me without my permission that is being used to make money for eNom. I can only guess that this "promotional" campaign is hidden somewhere in their policy agreement. I don't know. But I know I don't want to do business with eNom any more. Has anyone else had this happen to them Any comments or suggestions Is this business as usual in the DN industry and just let it slide and transfer my DN to a better registrar - or - is this something worth pursuing with 3rd parties to create a scene and uncover a scam deal Probably the former... but looking forward to hearing from others. Much
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

exstension less domain name!

Has any one every heard of a extension less domain name!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I spent $250 for this domain names

What you & gals think - xboxSquad.com & .net - DadaBlog.com & .net - GnomeBlogger.com & .net - ModHack.com & .net - ModPixel.com & .net & .org - GamingSquad.com - AdrenalinSut.com - FordAdrenalinSut.com - FordSportTracSut.com - FordSut.com - NextHybrid.com & .net - SellIndex.com - SquadStation.com - SportTracSut.com , I got the domains fresh from godaddy for $15.45 for .com & .net and $8.20 for .com only. , If you were buying them new I wouldn't have bothered with the .net's , I thought about that...but I have some domain names that I wish I had the .net now , Yes I agree.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name just expired, but cannot renew

I have a domain that I registered last May and it's just expired by 2 days now. I want to renew it but the vendors site (bookandhost.com) haven't responded to my email for a couple days after I contacted their support when I had trouble renewing through their panels. I got application errors and cannot log in to renew by myself, and now their support are tardy. I like the domain and want to keep it, but am now concerned someone could take it from me because it's expired. Can this happen or is their a cooling off period meaning it's still mine It expired 2 days ago. And can I take any action to get it renewed somehow even though the registrar is not advising me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name "free parking"?

Does anybody know how to park a domain at godaddy.com for free, I might be retarted but I can't figure out how to do so.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Urgent Help required regarding renewal of domain name

I'm rather suprised to learn that one of my domain names has just expired. WHOIS still displays my contact details for the domain name even though my ownership expired a couple of days ago. Because of this, when you run the domain name through a regular website, it still says it is taken and it can not be bought. My question is, how can I renew my domain before it goes on sale to the general public
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Register domain name with web host or separately?

Is it better to register a domain name with one's web host (if offered) or to buy the domain name separately before signing up for webhosting ThisWebHost have told me that I can register a domain with them and that there would be no problem transferring the domain to another host if I decided to leave them at some point. That's rather attractive, since it seems to simplify the process of getting a domain name and signing up for webhosting. However, I've been told by KnownHost that if I join them for hosting I'll have to get my own domain name. (They recommend Godaddy, but I know there are other places to register domain names.) I've seen hints online that the process of transferring a domain name from one web host to another can be complicated if the host originally registered the domain - and I believe it's impossible in some circumstances. Unfortunately, these are only hints - I haven't found a detailed discussion of the pros and cons yet. I'd be very grateful for opinions on this issue - and I apologize if the topic has been covered here before. (I did have a look before posting this but there's a lot of stuff here, so I may have missed a relevant thread.) - Mike , Originally Posted by Domain Name if the registar/hosting company serious, there will be no problem if they are together I believe that is impossible for the end user to detarmine if web hosting provider serious or not... Use diffrent service providers to avoid that. Do not keep all eggs in the same basket.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!