if sub-domain blacklisted, will full domain also?

Hi

I have a large legitimate email list and want to start sending a newsletter.

I am concerned that my domain name may be blacklisted for sending spam (even though my list is legitimate and fully opted-in) and have an effect on my day to day email.

if I use a sub-domain of my domain, ie newsletter.domain.com and this was blacklisted, would it effetc my main domain as well.

Sorry if posting in the wrong forum, not sure if this was a hosting, email or domain question!

Posted On: Thursday 29th of November 2012 02:08:57 AM Total Views:  225
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Multiple domains from single hosting

If I host multiple domain form single hosting plan, all website will get single one IP If I purchase reseller account then also all domain get same IP Generally Google gives value for link, when it comes from different IP. I want to host 10 website and link my 2 website one way. Except dedicated IP for each website is there any option available Kindly suggest me your opinion. , Originally Posted by sequencehosting It would be if they were changing domain name but they want to link multiple sites together without redirecting. Jack I believe they need SEO hosting solution. I know hostgator provides somathing related. But the price for the dedicated IP is high in comparisin to ordinary web hosting accounts. , IPs for SEO related reasons are going to be harder and harder to come by (and as such more and more expensive) as IPv4 gets closer to depletion. As Dan said unless you're doing "black hat" SEO where you're doing things you're not really "supposed" to do to game the system and SERPs then being on the same IP isn't going to create any problems.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

difference between www and public_html?

Hi all, what is the difference between www and public_html I have hosed my domain in a small hosting company and when i was going through all its folders i found both the folder www and public_html has the same content. but by hosting company asks me to upload all my files into public_html. Iam curious to know the difference between these two folders.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!