How od you like hifits.com?

I have a domain named hifits.com.

How dose it sound to you, and what content fits this domain

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:16 AM Total Views:  218
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

What domain extension should I get?

I am registering a domain and I do not know what extension I should buy for my domain. The pre-extension stuff is 5 characters long. (Not saying what it is so not trolls reserve the domain) The .com, .net, .org, and .info are taken. I am willing to get the .us, .biz and .me. Personally, I want to get the .US domain. Maybe, it's because they are cheap or because it makes the domain super short or whatever. I still wasn't sure, so what domain extension should I get/do you recommend (Suggest some more extensions if you like! )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

is .com better than .net for gossip website?

I am looking at starting up a gossip website and have a quick query. Is .com domain extension better than .net to use for a gossip website (This includes for search engine ranking) If I have both the .com & .net is it best practice to forward .net to the .com or to build a separate website on the other domain name extension related to gossip but branded differently I see that some gossip websites have .net extensions and there in the top gossip websites in the world, wouldn't it me a smarter move since these websites are worth a premium price to just buy the .com extension where for some there still available to buy for a fraction of the price compared to what there worth and their monthly revenue earnings
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Installing SSL

, I've started looking at installing SSL for one of my projects. I must admit that I am more confused now than when I started (too many possibilities). I want is: a) protect my login system (no cc business, just encrypt pwd). b) my users don't have to accepts a certificate, click on stuff to access my website. There's just the https://. Boom. What would you do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

changing mx records?

Usually when I build a new website, I host it and also the email automatically but the company I am working for want me to host the website and someone else to host the emails. The domain is registered with 123-reg and when going to 'change MX records' I am being asked for location of service e.g mx.domain.com but all i have been give by the email host company is an ip address. anyone know what i need to do here please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

Reviews on KnownHost?

Anyone out there using KnownHost Any problems with them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Should I charge for hosting and domain name in addiction to design?

I am going to design a new website for a local cardiologist's office. Is the usual practice to let the client purchase their own domain name and hosting, or should I charge them for doing it for them If I charge them that would mean I have to pay for their domain name renewal and hosting service. I could always park their domain name and host on my hosting server. However, I don't have a reseller's program. If I do these two options what is the markup price I could always just let them purchase the domain name and hosting on their own. But then comes the hassle of getting the proper information from them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do I need more expensive hosting?

I'm using shared hosting it the moment and wanted to know if that's ok for a site that has 10,000 page views per month To give you an idea of the site, my adword spend is 12k per year ($18k USD). Shared hosting seems to be fine but I spend only 29 per year on it. I need some help determining whether this hosting is sufficient.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

Free Hosting

Is Free Hosting for newbies worth it What are the pros and cons if all of a sudden your site happens to hit big time I just wanna know 's opinion with this topic.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Issues moving from 1and1 to Host Gator

I have signed up with Host Gator and am in the process of moving one of my wordpress sites over from 1and1. When I try to import the old database into the newly created database on Host Gator via phpmyadmin import function, I get the following error: Code: Error SQL query: -- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump -- version 2.6.4-pl3 -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net --* -- Host: HOSTNAME -- Generation Time: Jan 14, 2012 at 10:03 PM -- Server version: 5.0.91 -- PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze3 --* -- Database: `DBNAME` --* CREATE*DATABASE*`DBNAME`*DEFAULT*CHARACTER*SET*latin1*COLLATE*latin1_general_ci; MySQL said:* #1044 - Access denied for user 'NEWUSER'@'localhost' to database 'DBNAME' I've read that I should just go and add the new user/pass to the old databse before exporting. I would, however 1and1 doesn't allow more than one user/pass. Then I thought I could create a user with the same credentials on the new host - but any new usernames use a different prefix, so that's not possible. Is there any way around this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

host blog on cloud

Installing wordpress on my cloud server has proved tedious, so I have chosen Webuzo Cloud Launcher which allows me to launch an apps on the cloud server in just three simple steps. It provides me with 240+ scripts, so I have a list of choices for my blog.What can be more better !! I have no proper idea as to the how many instances can I launch at a time.Any limits How do I proceed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Expiring Main Domain: Who Should take suitable action?

I had a hosting account with 1 main and 3 add-on domains. Not able to make much headway, I decided not to renew my main one. I did inform my host a month before, yet the inevitable happened. I could not access either my cPanel nor FTP (as both reflected to my main domain). I summoned my host who feigned ignorance on my earlier mail, and asked whether to delete and I said yes. Everything was lost, all sites down. Panicked I asked them what you have done They said "you told us to delete and we did that". My question is: Is there not a procedure to handle such cases automatically Is it not routine If not, what else could be done Also, who erred here, me or my host I can easily blame my host and move on but then I should know how to handle this I will appreciate any feedback and inputs on this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!