Hostgator IMAP Settings - Mac Mail (Images)

Hi ,
I am trying to hook up my HostGator email to Mac Mail (Lion 10.7.3) through IMAP and it seems to be working fine except for sending emails with images in them. The email won't complete the transit at all when an image is copied into the body of the email. The online version of cPanel email using Roundcube Webmail works fine (sends images up to 50MB in filesize) but I also need to make it work correctly in Mac Mail too. The images I am trying to send in Mac Mail are only 100kb in filesize.

Can this still be done Or am I forced to pay for something like Google Apps to make email clients work

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:50:03 AM Total Views:  262
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

my website won't load on mac.. but loads on other computers in the house

Suddenly, in the middle of working on a Joomla dev site on my hosting account, the page stopped loading. I have it in a subfolder so I tried to atleast load the root site - that won't load anything either. Basically, everything on that domain has stopped loading on my iMac. But when I try to access it either on my wireless pc laptop or wired pc desktop - it works fine. I found this on the subject: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-9...-not-load-help and from what it sounds like, somewhere, that domain's been put on a block list. I know very little about modems and servers, but I followed the instructions some wrote there about changing the numbers in your MAC account, but that didn't work. Every once in a while, I'll refresh and the site will load. I'll be able to work on it for a while, and then it'll suddenly stop connecting. Oddly, I am still able to get/put via ftp when this is happening. I tried doing accessing it via a remote ISP and it loads fine! So the problem is with my Mac. I've seen a lot of mention of people having this problem but there doesn't seem to be an answer. It happens with both Firefox and Safari; I've cleared the cache/history and restarted my computer, my modem and my router. I tried connecting directly to the modem. I tried calling my host and they basically said "not our problem, we can connect fine." Can anyone help with this at all\t It seems *somewhat* common from what I've googled, but no explanation and no solution! Thank you...! ps. I know this is not necessarily a hosting problem.... but I really dont know where else an issue like this would go. , I'm not familiar with Mac. But I believe that would be better for you to do the search on some Mac related forums. I believe there you may find answers faster then here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Hostmonster and emails

In general I have been happy with hostmonster. Mostly because their support staff is polite and are willing to help. However, I do question the server reliability at times. Lately when a customer registers at my forum or gallery, the customer does not get the activation email 4 or 5 hours later. Today, I tested it and sure enough, the activation email took 4 or 5 hours before it came. I talked to tech support and they acknowledged they had over 250,000 emails backed up. That there are too many connections with hotmail accounts and that was causing a problem as well. A customer having to wait 4 or 5 hours before they receive an activation email seems a bit long. I'm not sure if hostmonster is going to do anything to prevent this from happening in the future, but for now they seem to be satisfied with the emails backing up on the server and the time it takes for them to be sent. They indicated this does not happen often, but I really don't know since I don't send myself emails on a daily basis. I would rate email as one of the most important functions there is for a webmaster. Otherwise, hostmonster staff has been responsive and my hope is this will not be a constant problem. If there are any other hostmonster webmasters out there, I would appreciate your feedback. You may have to send yourself a registration or a email to test it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dedicated host for email?

Hi all. The company I work for currently runs a series of 5 websites. We're quite content with the web hosting that we have on our shared plans. The reason I am considering a dedicated server, is that we're getting more into email marketing. We have a mailing list of 50,000 opt in users, but trying to send to that many users on our shared host's email limits takes days (we can send something like 200 mails an hour). I am thinking that with a dedicated host that is used primarily to run our email software,host the archives, and send the mails. This would (I assume) allow us more freedom over sending our emails. Does anyone have any opinions, or better ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for bulk mailing hosting/server

We (my partner and me) are going to launch a service where people will pay to send their newsletters etc. so we are looking for a dedicated server provider for that purpose.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

free SMTP access for email forwarding?

hello ! i have a contact form using .php to forward the contents of the form to my email-ad, but turns out, that something i cant do with my free hosting plan. i was wondering if anyone knew any services (free) that allow mail forwarding where i can host my .php script together with all associated files and simply link to them from my site that would be great! thanks! (not sure where exactly this post belongs, but it's got something to do with my hosting so im posting it here. if any mods think it should be somewhere else, just move it to where you feel it is appropriate )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CI hosting mass spam email. FAKE - DO NOT OPEN says their support

Hi just thought I would let you know incase you get this email. I got an email today saying that CI Hosting were charging me 120 GBP because my credit card didnt havre enough money. I quickly jamp to thier support to ask them what the hell was going on (never even heard of CI hosting before now). I was told: AshelyM: This is a mass scam email that is not coming from CI Host. We ask that you treat the email as spam and delete the email. Do not open the attachment or send out any personal information. Sadly I opened the attachment already.... it was an exe but nothing happened. *goes to download an antivirus fast*. Beware if you get this email !
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

changing nameserver=losing mail??

I am confused...too much time on the computer---Please set me straight... 1.I made a new website for a client and uploaded it to a new hosting service (newsite.com) 2.He has an old site at oldsite.com, on his old hosting 3.I am changing the DNS of oldsite.com to propogate to temp. IP address of newsite.com 4.What happens to the mail sent to him@oldsite.com IF he retains old host temporarily, will it still collect mail 5.His website still has the same exact name and he wants to keep his old host for the time being even though it will not hold his website anymore... you get me The question is, does changing nameservers of a domain name change where email is sent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Lunarpages email issues

Last week I made several postings here asking about a good reliable hosting company offering a Windows product and several places suggested Lunarpages. So I set up a 1-year account with them. I don't even have my web pages up and I've already run into problems! Apparently the Windows version of their webmail (Plesk/Horde) interface is very bare-bones. For example it does not offer any kind of folders or filters, and no IMAP support. They have no ETA for any fixes on this. I travel a lot and often use internet cafe's for email so a full-featured web mail interface is kinda basic. ( I didn't ask about this ahead of time because in 2006 I didn't think there was any such thing as an email product without folders or filters - it would have been like asking if an apartment had running water) More ominously, they told me that their whole Windows email package sometimes stops working!! (but not in a way they can notice if the customer doesn't tell them) They say it doesn't happen very often, and has only happened on certain physical servers and the company providing their sw is preparing a new build, but they also have no ETA. The worst part about it is that you have no immediate way to know if it's down. People sending you mail will get bounce messages but unless they have your phone number how will they tell you And you will get errors if you try to use webmail or set up a new account, but if you are just using a conventional POP3 client (i.e., Eudora) it might be days before you know you're down, according to the Lunarpages tech. So what does it take Why is it so F#$@! hard to find a reliable, trouble-free web host, where you can just set up a long term contract, pay your money and everything just works! Lunarpages has an excellent reputation, so if they are this Mickey Mouse, so what must the others be like
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Web hosting with no email restriction?

It seems all the major players out there have some sort of email restriction (Hostgator, Site5 etc) Is there any host that allows me to send 1000+ emails an hour I'm giving up email marketing completely because of this issue!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Experince with webmail.us vs Everyone.net

I'm looking at outsourceing my email as I move from a hosting situation to a colocation situation. I've been looking around some and webmail.us seems to have a pretty good deal. They give five 25MB boxes for with Webmail, POP, IMAP, and SMTP for $7.50 a month. Compared to someone like .net these are great prices. Everyone.net wants to charge $20 a month for five 100MB boxes with the same services. Larger mailboxes true, but most of my users won't use that large a box anyway. Has anyone had experience with webmail.us or .net Are there other email hosting companies that you'd recommend
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transferring hosts - Best way to backup / transfer Email?

, I'm just wrapping up a site for a client. Their old host wasn't using Apache, so we had to get a new host that supports Apache. We've been building the new site on the Apache host and keeping the old site up on the domain until we're ready to go live. These are two different hosting companies and the biggest concern is transferring the emails and email accounts. Does anyone have any advice Personal experiences (good and bad)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

domain name bought w/o email

Apparently I bought my domain name from godaddy and it didn't come with a single email address. Has anyone heard of this one, I was unaware that this was possible. Guess I wasn't paying attention. They are trying to charge me $10 to get a single email account added to my domain name. Is there a way around this or a cheaper way of adding email to a domain name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I need help with mailing lists

I run a website (www.thehatchmusic.com) for my band. I've been trying to send out emailing lists to people who sign up, but it seems impossible to send mass emails efficiently. I need to find a way to send out a single email to about 300 people. Please help. Todd
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Is there such thing as a host with no mailing restrictions?

, My current web host has a restriction of 100 emails / 10 minutes and 1000 emails / 24 hrs. I have a site that allows people to send each other e-mails through the site, and it could at times go past this limit. I was wondering if there are services that allow unlimited sending of e-mail, or if there is a way to configure the mail program to use another SMTP server Thank you! Chris
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Worried about my domain name

I'm worried my domain name might be confusing or not keyword appropriate. The domain is jobsallover - but the site containsarticles about making more money - not finding actual jobs. If anything it is about avoiding jobs(which I suppose could be a job in itself). If most of my keywords are make extra money, make money online, etc etc - should I consider a domain change before I get in too deep with advertising my domain name I'm worried that my changes of legitimate rankings in a SERP will be hurt without having a keyword in my domain. Advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

Looking to sell a site but where

I have a TLD domain and i want to sell it on as i have not got the time to do the work needed. I added it to flippa and just got fraudulent bids. Where can i sell this without getting the frauds and fakes.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!