FTP from one host to another

Is there a way to transfer large files from one host to another host without having to download it to my local laptop and then upload to new host

Any FTP utility Or SSH shell command
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:55:15 AM Total Views:  251
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

moneybank.info

Your opinions please.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Highly recommend going to Page Zone Web Hosting

I've been at page-zone.com for nearly 3 years now. Their service is nothing but GREAT. They are VERY good at answering your help desk ticket(s) within a hour and the information they give you is always helpful. Any problems you have they can help you!!! Their services are VERY cheap!!! It's well worth your time and money to do business with Page Zone Web Hosting!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Domain Appraisals... some cool ones

Hi all! I new to this forum but currently own some domains that i think might be valuable (or maybe not). www.big2.us www.ribena.us www.l8ters.com www.readymadesex.com www.thelegendofmusic.com www.readymademeals.co.uk www.doomn.com www.3ex.us So what does think any thoughts would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

any advice for someone who wants to start and become a reseller?

any advice for someone who wants to start and become a reseller The steps involved in reselling a domain Recommend any sites tips and hints
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP! Anyone here big enough to have connections with Pool or their owner Rob Hall?

If there is anyone here that could help me who has connections or a good business relationship with Pool, the owner Rob Hall or their head accountant, Joyce Corey, I would be extremely grateful. If so, you could email me at: Jones@fas.Harvard.edu or PM me here at the forum. I have been trying to reactivate my account with Pool for some time. I have followed their instructions and faxed in both sides of my credit card with all my account info but they said I needed to enlarge it, as they couldn't read it. I tried again and enlarged the credit card info and faxed it in and again they said they couldn't read it. Now Joyce Corey has made a decision that she will not let me reactivate my account. I just need her to give me one more chance to reactivate my account, as I will send the info through the mail. I would do anything including extra fees or whatever to get my account reactivated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Anyone have experience w/this hosting co?

Hi , I was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with Mysitespace: http://www.mysitespace.com/ I have a client who is currently with Verio. They want to switch, as they are paying $49.95 for their plan. I'm sort of a new comer and don't know too much about these hosting companies, but I'm generally very skeptical when there is such a difference in price. Here's just a small sample from one of their plans which costs only $6.00 : Hosting Plan Details * 800MB disk space * 20GB (12,000MB) monthly data transfer * Support for your own domain * 5 sub domains * 5 MySQL databases * Unlimited FTP Access * SSH Support * Powerful xController Control Panel The "one catch" they mention is the following: We do show a small "Free Hosting by MySiteSpace.com" link at the bottom of your site. In addition we do limit you to certain file types, but do support everything needed for a basic web site. Compared with a partial list of my client's plan with Verio: * 10 GB of monthly data transfer * 300 MB diskspace * 30 configurable POP/Webmail e-mail accounts * 30 mail forwards * 30 autoresponders Can anyone offer some advice please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

anyone have any HOSTIK business-class dedicated hosting feedback ?!

http://servers.hostik.com/ Dedicated Server DS-2005-2 the price seems nice,, I'm looking for a better and cheaper server with more resources, anyone Intel P4, 3.2GHz, HT, 800MHz Bus, 1MB Cache 160GB RAID rated Server-Class Hard Drive 1,024MB Dual-Channel DDR400 SDRAM 3,000GB Monthly Transfer 100Mbps Non-Capped Network Connection 5 IP Addresses One server suitable for 99% of applications Fedora Project or FreeBSD $129.00 Monthly $375.00 Quarterly One-time Setup Fee: $149.00
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How can one tell?

Who is a Good Host and who is not
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

transfering a site from one host to another... easiest way? cpanel

whats the easiest way to transfer a site, content and sql database from one host to another i have cpanel, the person who bought it from me i beleive does... is there a painless way to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Different Web and IMAP hosts for domain; can it be done?

Is it possible to have the web space for your domain hosted by one provider and IMAP email by another If so, what is needed (MX records, etc.) and who offers such an IMAP service (either free or cheap)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Better performance with VPS?

Is it true that running a website on a VPS will provider better performance Why is it so I know I will have dedicated resources like RAM, but the lower end plans seem to put a cap on the resources rather than give you more flexibility E.g. the lowest tier VPS may give you a dedicated 256MB ram, but isn't it better when you have a shared hosting plan on a server with a shared 16GB of RAM so that each website can have their 'bursts' and make use of the memory when needed I'm totally noob to this - please advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!

Privacy service hijacked domain. Advice?

I transferred my domain from 1and1 to SustainableDomains back in 2007. I had used 1and1's domain privacy service. Like most people, I didn't realize that this made 1and1 the registrant/owner of the domain. For some reason, when the domain transferred, 1and1 remained the registrant. I had already removed the privacy service to initiate the transfer, but apparently, 1and1 never relinquished ownership of the domain. I was unaware of this, because I signed up for privacy service through DomainsByProxy during the transfer process. In other words, I only saw DomainsByProxy's info when I looked at the WhoIs records to confirm that the transfer had gone smoothly. The domain expired on Feb 27th of this year. On the 25th, I began transfer procedures to bring the domain over to Dynadot. My transfer was denied because, after I removed the DomainsByProxy service, the registrant name showed as 1and1. A SustainableDomains rep told me to go in and change the ownership data to my own info. I asked him if anything bad would happen as a result of this. He assured me that it wouldn't. I changed the info and re-initiated the transfer. The transfer was denied again, this time because updating my registrant information caused a 60 day domain lock to go into effect. In the meantime, the domain has expired, and Dynadot has turned my transfer payment into an account credit, rather than putting it back on my credit card. My website is now gone from the web. According to SustainableDomains, I only have 2 choices: 1. Renew with SustainableDomains. 2. Wait until the 60 day lock ends and the domain is released back into the public pool, and hope that I can get it again. I feel utterly abused by these registrars. Can anyone suggest another option
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error code 28, help needed urgently

, My shop has been up and running for few weeks now. Today I wanted to add new product and here's what happened. I went admin/configure/categories/products and I see the following error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_d3d_0.MYI' (Errcode: 28) in: [select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_status from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name] If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields. I checked my online shop to see how things are there and I see same code in the categories (I can see subcategories, but if I press on them I get same message). No products to view. here's my site just in case: www.lvbagsaleuk.com Zen cart version 1.3.8b , and I haven't changed anything like coding, I added new products just yesterday and it was fine.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I host new domain?

, I have bought a new domain yesterday. My hosting package supports unlimited domain hosting. I have already one domain hosted on that package. Now I am having difficulty to host the new bought domain to that hosting package. What can I do now
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hostzilla - seems like monkeying around with me - OR NOT ?

Hi - Towards the end of last year I purchased a yearly plan which includes registering a domain name (which i did straight away) but for a while the account remained dormant. Today I contacted their support for help because I was unable to ftp to their server with the details provided by them. Know I don't know if this is normal practice or not but without my authorization I got a reply saying that they have charged my card for the exact same domain name that I registered with them about 5 months ago. I was able to ftp to their server and launch their cpanel, but I wrote back to them explaining that for one I never placed the order for purchasing the domain name and secondly I have a receipt which shows that I had purchased and registered that same domain name about 5 months ago. About half an hour after sending that response I began noticing that I was completely blocked out of everything. I could not access my site, or the cpanel, or ftp into their server. Again I wrote back to them explaining that now I was unable to access anything, and they responded to me by first dogging the earlier question about the unauthorised charged which I incurred and only replying to my second point as follows : Your account appears to be activated and responding normally. If you have had several failed attempts at logging in to your CPanel, our firewall may have locked out your IP address as a security precaution. To resolve this we will need to know what your IP address is. Please visit www.whatsmyip.org, and find your IP address (which will be displayed in large text across the top of the page). Copy and paste it into a reply to this ticket, and our L3 Techs will get the block removed so that you can access Hostzilla servers, including your website and CPanel. The above response indicates to me that they are most likely monkeying around with me, or is this something that can happen in real life although I can't see how - I after having access to everything inc. the website then only to be left hung and dry after having made a complaint. Would be very interested in hearing about your views regarding my experience..... .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using Amazon EC2 as a Host Reseller

Hi I started a business a few years ago with the intention of being a host reseller. I got a dedicated server with Rapid Switch with Direct Admin installed. Over the years, I don't really sell any hosting space to people that I haven't developed web sites for. I'm now looking at changing my business model to just host a few websites (5) I have built for customers on Amazon EC2 servers. I have tried and liked their working practices. The only thing I'm struggling with is the Mail Server side. Ideally, I'd like to set each website up on a Micro Instance and their Mail Server on a different Micro Instance, so in total 10 Instances. As time goes by, do the instances expand automatically if more space is required, or do I need to adjust that manually None of the websites get huge amounts iof hits, so I'm not worried about bandwidth or requests. I know one of my customers refuses to delete or archive any email, so he already has a few gig of mail server space used up - all of this would need to be transferred to the Amazon servers. Any advice or pointers would be gratefully appreciated. Ian
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Understanding the usage of "na1" as a host name

I've seen a few online services being hosted on machines named "na1" followed by the name of the company... Things like na1.replicon.com or na1.salesforce.com. Maybe it's just one of those days by why "na1" Why not "app1" or something more meaningful Anyhow, just the weird question of the day. There is more than likely a very good reason for the choice of those two letters but it just does not come to my mind.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Emails being forwarded to admin address instead of a target address.

folks, I am having a issue I think is to do with the DNS entries in the MX records. So here is the problem scenario. I host a site (www.example.com) while the mail server is hosted at a different server and is managed by external users as well. I have another site (www.mysite.com) in the same IP and with this, the site and the mail server is hosted at my own server (using Plesk Control Panel). Now the MX entries for both are the following. example.co.uk. MX (10) mail.example.co.uk. mail.example.co.uk. A 93.131.32.61 (sample Ip) mysite.co.uk. MX (10) mail.example.co.uk. mail.mysite.co.uk. A 93.131.32.61 (sample Ip) Now the issue I am having is that everytime I try to send an email from user@mysite.com to user@example.com, the email is being re-routed back to my admin@mysite.com instead of going to user@example.com. And if I try to send email to user@example.com from any other emails except from @mysite.com, it is being received without any issue. So what am I doing wrong here. Any pointers would be really helpful.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!

Shared hosting - constant email bouncing notifications

I am constantly receiving email bounce notifications. The bounce notifications are sent to random addresses on my domain, such as BAKJSGKAG@mydomain.com. None of these are real accounts I have set up, but I know that if I receive mail it always goes somewhere. What can I do about this Is it a problem on my end w/ the software I have installed or is it a problem with my host I am worried that a spammer or some other person is sending mail from my domain. If it matters, I have php mailer on my site, and occasionally some of the more verbose return emails will mention it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is wrong with Flippa

I can't help but notice the lack of information and threads about Flippa. I am very new to domain flipping, but Flippa seems to be a good place to sell my domains. I have about 50 dot coms that I plan to put on Flippa about 3-5 at a time. It seems like a good plan and a good way to get started. I am not a buy-and-hold flipper, I want to sell for a fair price and move on to the next domain. Is there something about Sedo (et al) and their way of doing business that I should consider
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Should I charge for hosting and domain name in addiction to design?

I am going to design a new website for a local cardiologist's office. Is the usual practice to let the client purchase their own domain name and hosting, or should I charge them for doing it for them If I charge them that would mean I have to pay for their domain name renewal and hosting service. I could always park their domain name and host on my hosting server. However, I don't have a reseller's program. If I do these two options what is the markup price I could always just let them purchase the domain name and hosting on their own. But then comes the hassle of getting the proper information from them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

already install joomla.. how to now install IPB?

hey .. quick question.. i've installed joomla previously in my public_html (root) folder... so now inside public_html is: file1.php file2.css index.php etc... i want to do a migration to IPB......... so i will need to have a fresh install of IPB in my cpanel account but the catch is i want IPB to be in the root folder as well........... but won't that make the folder very messy how can i clear up the folder and make it clean or should i just create a and do the install there.. and have the domain redirected to www.domain.com/ipb hope i make sense...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!

Which country and datacenter choose?

, At the moment I looking dedicated servers, i thinking about these countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Poland. Which on are best for dedicated server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 31st December 2012
View Replies!