Dmain name

Hi everybody,I want to buy e new domain.Which sites is better for buy a domain
Posted On: Saturday 29th of December 2012 01:39:55 AM Total Views:  61
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

name.com 5,99$ .com transfers

I was looking for a new registrar as I was not happy with my current registrar Hostway. I saw name.com is currently offering 5,99$ .com transfers. very good price indeed. their normal registration price is 7,99$ which is ok as well. just to let you know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Two domain names for one hosting account?

I have several domain names and I pay for hosting for each domain name. Each domain name gets little traffic, uses little bandwidth, and little storage space. I would like to pay for hosting once and share the bandwidth and storage space amongst the multiple sites. Do you know of a hosting company that offers this I suppose it would involve having one hosting account and multiple IP addresses that resolve to different folders in your account Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to make domain name point to sub-domain name?

If I purchase a domain name from GoDaddy.com, how do I make it go to a sub-domain hosted somewhere else Do I do this through GoDaddy or through the web hosting with the sub-domain Example: So I buy www.something.com and I want when someone goes to www.something.com, they are sent to www.sub.anotherdomain.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Good domain name, but it means something else in Spanish.

I have a domain name which I really like. It doesn't really mean anything in english, but it does mean something in Spanish (ends in "ia", so its the past tense of a verb in Spanish which has nothing to do with my site, although its a pretty common word that doesn't imply anything bad about my site). Is this a problem when it comes to attracting Spanish speaking users
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

price difference in a domain name across various registrars?

How could it be that same domain name is available at 5 dollars at 1and1, 8 dollars at namecheap, and 15 dollars at hostgator I might be wrong but (actually I am sure now that I was wrong) I used to think that domain names are a bit of a commodity and would be offered at a ,more or less, same price by all registrars. Since all we are buying is a domain name, what service level could possibly vary across different registrars to justify the price difference And if one registrar is giving it for 5 dollars why would any settle with another who is selling the same thing at 15 dollars I am completely new to domain name game.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Best site for domain name auctions

I need to sell few of the domain names which i have for long time and i need to sell them through auctions and i would like to know who is the best in domain name auctions with respective to the price and how fast the domain names will go.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

buying domain name advice needed asap please

Hi Guys, i am buying a .com domain name and using escrow, escrow now have the money then i asked the seller to unlock the domain name and change the whois details to me and got the following reply etc ------------------------------------ I cannot change the WHOIS information on the fly ... maybe you need to do it after the transfer. ------------------------------------ So can i change the WHOIS information when the domain name is transfered or should it be the seller changing the WHOIS information i dont what to ok the money send with escrow if i cant change the WHOIS please advice someone.Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

??? dont understand this domain name ???

http://www.student.abonnee.nl/ what's that how can it have www dot student dot abonnee . nl subdomain.maindomain.com i would have understood but what the heck is the www doing in front of it you cant register domain names with dots in it can you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Changing domain name for existing site.

A couple of months ago our site merged with an existing one. So all our stuff is under their domain name. After much debate we have decided it would be cool to run with our name, however no one seems to know how to switch the primary domain name to our one. Anyone know how to change the domain name of an existing site, without creating a new account, and moving everything Hope that makes sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Domain name expired, what now?

A non-web educated friend had a website designed for his business by a local guy he met last year. This "designer" has fallen off the end of the earth and can't be found and unfortunately put himself down for ALL of the domain name contacts. The business owner watched the domain expire and now the registrar wants $80 to renew, and he can't even do that since he's not the "owner". What should he do I doubt someone else will take the name if he lets it delete. Should he just wait 'til its available again and repurchase it TIA Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

transferring a domain name 'out' of godaddy.com?

, l had just a quick question that l was hoping one of you that have sold a site or several would be able to help me with. I have a couple domain names hosted at godaddy, that l need to transfer to a new owner and l wanted to know what the process was for this to be done. I've got as far as unlocking both of the domain names. Your help and/or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

changing nameserver=losing mail??

I am confused...too much time on the computer---Please set me straight... 1.I made a new website for a client and uploaded it to a new hosting service (newsite.com) 2.He has an old site at oldsite.com, on his old hosting 3.I am changing the DNS of oldsite.com to propogate to temp. IP address of newsite.com 4.What happens to the mail sent to him@oldsite.com IF he retains old host temporarily, will it still collect mail 5.His website still has the same exact name and he wants to keep his old host for the time being even though it will not hold his website anymore... you get me The question is, does changing nameservers of a domain name change where email is sent
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What should i do with this domain name?

I want to know your honest opinion What should i do with digitalpointdirectory.com Sell or Build or Forget
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

qustion about domain names in "2 words"

hi, What if i run a website with a 2 word name, like "mysite.com" If someone starts up a site with "my-site.com" then what do i anything to say or should i just had bought the both in the first place Its not something that has happend to me, but i am in the beginning to start up some big websites and would here if the best way are just to buy the single one or with the - in regards
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transfer domain names

Is it possible to transfer .ws and .co.uk domain names to another registrar. I tried to transfer to namecheap.com but they couldn't do it at the moment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

i bought a used domain name - is it banned by google?

i bought a domain name which was active in the past and i don't know the reason but was dropped and not registered again by the owner. I suspect that the previous owner used problematic methods to promote his web site in the search engines and maybe was banned by google (and thus not indexed or crawled). how can i know that for sure if this is the case, is this for life or after a while google give this domain one more chance and try to crawl the web site again
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I easily give away free domain names?

I would like to give some of my site visitors a free domain name as part of a promotion. Can anyone suggest an easy way to implement this Having them register the domain and then sending them a refund seems like a pain as does their forwarding the name to me and having me register it in their name using my credit card. Any ideas would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Website name, please look!

what do you think of this name siteaddicts.com site addicts (By the way I have it registered..). I know it is the actual content and person making it but I am just looking for your feedback on the domain and what you think of it Also do you think it has any value Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Possible? Rename Website & Change Domain While Retaining PR, etc.?

I am looking to purchase a forum website but am unhappy with the domain names of most that I have found. If I were to purchase a website, is it possible to change the name and domain without loosing PageRank, link referrals, etc. from the old domain I understand certain redirects can be made if the old domain is retained, but can this be done efficiently without significant "loss"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you mask a url address with your domain name?

all. I'm really new to the whole domains thing and decided to purchase one from www.ukreg.com yesterday. I'm trying to use the domain name to mask over my current url, so for example when somebody typed in www.mysite.co.uk it would still appear as that in the url and not act as simply a redirect which is what it is currently doing. The user could then browse the site without ever even seeing my previous hosting url. I did some searching and found that it is related to the nameservers But I'm really not certain at all what I'm supposed to be changing. Is it possible somebody could explain exactly what I should be doing to mask my url
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

eCommerce domain name

Domain on planning on using FrugalDeals.com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Five letter domain name beginning with an "A"

As five letter domain names get fewer and farther between, I have come up with one that is a "word" - what I mean is, it is not an actual english dictionary word, but it "reads" right and has vowels in the correct place, etc. In fact, it is the acronym for a 1980's action film, not that that means anything. Do you think a name like that - something like this "artek.com" - with only five letters, and beggining with an "A", has any value
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Back-ordering domain names

There is a domain name that has expired on Oct. 1st, that I'm interested in. I have two questions: 1. If I back-order it, will the current (expired) registrant know it's been back-ordered 2. How long of a grace period is a registrant given to renew a domain name, once has domain has expired
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name bought w/o email

Apparently I bought my domain name from godaddy and it didn't come with a single email address. Has anyone heard of this one, I was unaware that this was possible. Guess I wasn't paying attention. They are trying to charge me $10 to get a single email account added to my domain name. Is there a way around this or a cheaper way of adding email to a domain name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

1 word domain name

Just register Astrict.com I know this word is not a common word of use. Do you think it holds any value Definition Astrict - To bind up; to confine; to constrict; to contract.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

New domain name: What to do?

I have recentely bought a new domain name, which I want to use for my site. My webhost has changed this new domain name to the primary name of my website. I have two over parked domain names (the URL's I have used till now). They all go to the same site. How can I optimize this for SEO puposes without. That is how can I get it to go to the new domain name e.g If user types www.oldname.info he gets www.newname.net I've heard about 103 redirects. How can I implement it in the htaccess file of the site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

registrar using my domian names illegally

Hi , I'm posting this to get some perspective and comments regarding the abuse of my domain names by a reseller registrar registraydomains.net who is a reseller for eNom.com. I've bought several DNs from registrydomain.net. Two of those names went into redemption period because I did not receive an email notifying me of their expiration.That my have been my fault by not updating my email address with them. I bought the two DNs back for $160 each. But during the redemption period eNom posted their own money-making ppc directory website on one of the domains consumersdirectory.com and the other DN consumersmarket.net - was used by the registrar registrydomain.net to post its own web site that consisted of links and advertisement to their home page (and a for-profit ppc directory on the same page). Both eNom and registrydomains.net used my DNs during redemption period to make money. AND now that I have redeemed both DNs these two companies are still using my domain names for their purposes. To me that is flat out illegal. I realize I can transfer the DNs to another registrar and I will do that very soon. But I wanted to first get any perspective or comments from others, namely sitepoint.com forum on this situation. I have emailed and called eNom.com about this and of course they do not return my emails or calls. I will call and email them again. I just now learned of what registrydomains.net was with my consumersmarket.net DN and just called them today. Then another strange thing occurred. Registrydomains.net also took most of the DNs I have purchased from them and created "promotional" DNs of them with .info extensions. For example, I own suncapital.org and registrydomains.net created suncapital.info on my behalf without me knowing it. I did not pay for it but suncapital.info is registered in my name. The whois database says I own suncapital.info but I never bought it. Registrydomains.net took the liberty of registering that domain name for me without my permission. Of course they want me to add it to my shopping cart for free and I'm sure pay for it later as this is done under the guise of "promotion". But to me it is illegal. They did this to several of my domain names including one that is literally my own name .com. Now there is a myactualname.info DN out there registered to me without my permission that is being used to make money for eNom. I can only guess that this "promotional" campaign is hidden somewhere in their policy agreement. I don't know. But I know I don't want to do business with eNom any more. Has anyone else had this happen to them Any comments or suggestions Is this business as usual in the DN industry and just let it slide and transfer my DN to a better registrar - or - is this something worth pursuing with 3rd parties to create a scene and uncover a scam deal Probably the former... but looking forward to hearing from others. Much
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

exstension less domain name!

Has any one every heard of a extension less domain name!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I spent $250 for this domain names

What you & gals think - xboxSquad.com & .net - DadaBlog.com & .net - GnomeBlogger.com & .net - ModHack.com & .net - ModPixel.com & .net & .org - GamingSquad.com - AdrenalinSut.com - FordAdrenalinSut.com - FordSportTracSut.com - FordSut.com - NextHybrid.com & .net - SellIndex.com - SquadStation.com - SportTracSut.com , I got the domains fresh from godaddy for $15.45 for .com & .net and $8.20 for .com only. , If you were buying them new I wouldn't have bothered with the .net's , I thought about that...but I have some domain names that I wish I had the .net now , Yes I agree.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name just expired, but cannot renew

I have a domain that I registered last May and it's just expired by 2 days now. I want to renew it but the vendors site (bookandhost.com) haven't responded to my email for a couple days after I contacted their support when I had trouble renewing through their panels. I got application errors and cannot log in to renew by myself, and now their support are tardy. I like the domain and want to keep it, but am now concerned someone could take it from me because it's expired. Can this happen or is their a cooling off period meaning it's still mine It expired 2 days ago. And can I take any action to get it renewed somehow even though the registrar is not advising me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name "free parking"?

Does anybody know how to park a domain at godaddy.com for free, I might be retarted but I can't figure out how to do so.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Urgent Help required regarding renewal of domain name

I'm rather suprised to learn that one of my domain names has just expired. WHOIS still displays my contact details for the domain name even though my ownership expired a couple of days ago. Because of this, when you run the domain name through a regular website, it still says it is taken and it can not be bought. My question is, how can I renew my domain before it goes on sale to the general public
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!