buy a new domain or auction

What to consider before buy a new domain (pls suggest the web sites where I can check the information)
Or if I buy from auction ( what is the safest procedure)

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:48:45 AM Total Views:  214
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Where to buy a domain name cheap and secure

, I wish I had your advice to buy a domain name. "com" cheap and secure (prevent of domain, ...). I hesitate between name.com, namecheap.com or godaddy.com What do you recommend between these three choices Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Need advice - buy a domain or get different extension?

I have an 'etsy' store, and I want to buy the domain that matches it, but it's already taken, and up for sale. I've not approached the person selling it yet - but I have a feeling they want a lot of money for it because they have a LOT of domains for sale. There are no trademarks associated with the name. If all goes well, I intend to trademark the name and keep growing my business. If I do, does that give me any rights I'm not trying to squeeze the person for their name, but I don't think I'm going to get an affordable offer, and I'm trying to plan out the best way to approach them. What's the best way to handle this that is fair to everybody involved I don't have a few thousand to pay. The .net and .us versions are available, but overall I think the .com is the best option. I think return customers are most likely going to type the .com address in the bar, and get diverted, which isn't good for business. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does buying old domain realy help?

I brought a decade old domain hoping it would get better ranking when compared with new domains but nothing of that sort happened. The particular domain was never dropped also and I spent considerable amount of money to buy it. I would like to know whether harping on age of the domain is a myth
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using Godaddy domain buy service

For the past several months I have been trying to get godaddy to purchase a domain name for me using the service they offer, after taking several hundred dollars and many international phone calls, still I have had no success and found the customer services to be very unhelpfull.. Does anyone have any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for a new host, any recommendations?

We are unsatisfied with our current hosting company. The service is good, but they don't support PHP 5, or Ruby on Rails. Any recommendations as to what a good host is in terms of quality service, and latest programming languages
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

buying domain name advice needed asap please

Hi Guys, i am buying a .com domain name and using escrow, escrow now have the money then i asked the seller to unlock the domain name and change the whois details to me and got the following reply etc ------------------------------------ I cannot change the WHOIS information on the fly ... maybe you need to do it after the transfer. ------------------------------------ So can i change the WHOIS information when the domain name is transfered or should it be the seller changing the WHOIS information i dont what to ok the money send with escrow if i cant change the WHOIS please advice someone.Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

where to buy domain with PR

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to find niche buyers for your domains

I hope this will be helpful .... If you're convinced you have the best domain names, you may just be right! Many small and medium sized businesses online, have poor and difficult sounding names. If you could show them a better domain name and how they might profit from it, who knows, they may be very interested to acquire it for their business. The key is to look for domain names that are similiar and/or inferior to yours. Here's one way you might go about looking for potential prospects. Use the search tool at DomainSurfer.com. Say, if you owned MusicLand.com, just type in musicland in the search box. (also try, music-land, with the hyphen). This will show you a list of domains that are similiar to yours. You might see a musiclandproductions.com, musiclandstation.com or a emusicland.com. these are generally inferior to yours. Click on the domains and see which ones have active websites. Don't spam every domain you come across! You want to limit your interest to those which actually have a proper commercial website. Forget about the inactive sites or those that are parked or those that look like personal home pages. Lookup the WHOIS info for the owner's contact. The one you want is the registrant/administrative contact. Compose a proper email regarding your business proposal. If possible, use the owner's name in your email. If you don't want to look like a spammer, don't use free mail like Yahoo or Hotmail. And make sure you include your full name & telephone number Here is a sample email you can modify and use. ============================================== Dear (name), I am selling the rights to my domain name - (domain.com) and am contacting a few companies that I think may be able to use this web name successfully. You can use this domain name in your operation as it has good potential to increase traffic and business to your site. Please contact me at your convenience if you are interested in this domain name. Thank you for your time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Old site, new domain

, I have a small site that generates some decent adsense revenue and I recently found out a great keyword-specific domain for it is available and I'd like to get it. I'm just confused on the right way to do this. Let's say I currently have the site at ilikecars.com and the new domain is just cars.com. Is it better just to have cars.com point to ilikecars.com Or move all my files over to cars.com and have ilikecars.com point to that to cover all the links that might still exist Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Thinking about renewing

thanks for nothin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for new webhost

Can anyone find me a webhost with the following criteria: 3Gb or more WebSpace, 75 or more Bandwidth per month, php mail() function must be on, Below $9.95 per month (if possible), PHP and ASP need to be able to be used, Need to be able to use .htaccess, 2 or more MySQL databases, FTP access, More than 2 FTP accounts, Image Magick to be installed, Would be good to have cPanel, Need to be able to transfer a domain name over, 99.9% uptime,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for new hosts

, I am posting here as I am looking for a new webhost. Please find below all my requirements, and if you think your company fits the bill - or know of a company that does - then please post the url here (or even better with a customer support number.) One rule : I refuse to pay premium rate support (e.g 123-reg.co.uk) Mandatory Requiremements. Root Access Server. (dedicated, not just a webserver / shared hosting) 100Mbit Connectivity. UnMetered B/W (or damn large 1200gb / month + only). Windows 2003 Web Edition or better. 40gb HDD (Do not really need more, but of course bigger is better). Ability to request partitioning. (c:\ and d:\ required as physical partitions). Ability to have escalation plans lodged incase of hardware failures. Decent, non premium rate, 24/7 customer support. No port restictions as I require a large number of ports open. Wish List SQL Server included. (any edition is fine). Free Lapdance (can hope). --------------- Finally I would be looking at one server to start, with another shortly after, and if all goes well the transfer of 3 more.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need domain ideas - private island buying/investing

I started a thread a few months ago for an idea I had to make money while doing my homework. This thread can be found here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.phpt=319558 I finished the content of an experimental website I want to develop for making money on ads.. I just need a suitable domain. The website will contain information about buying your own private island. I am willing to buy a previously owned domain and/or donate for helping me find an available domain. This website will get traffic from search engines and links around the web.. I dont expect much word-of-mouth/type-in traffic. Most, if not all, will be search engine and link traffic. Here are some potential domains: islandbuying.com privateislandguide.com islandbuyersguide.com buyanisland.net islandinvesting.info islandinvestor.info islandinvestment.info myprivateisland.net yourisland.info buyislands.info islandhowto.com buy-a-private-island.com island-investments.com buying-an-island.com privateislandinvestments.com Do you have any suggestions Which would be the best choice Any others you would add to the list
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Name for newssite: wich domain to choose?

I want to make a international newssite where I aggregate different RSS-newsfeeds, so that one can se headlines of many different newssources. I do have a few domain names: newz.biz newstaxi.com oago.com poax.xom gixa.com zerl.com vupe.com conovo.com Wich one would you choose
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for new Webhost

Hi I am trying to decide between 1 and 1 and go daddy or somthing to do all my web hosting and registering with from now on. I know most people will say search or google. But can you give me your opinions or exp's with them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Needing a good host with GD support - new to this, advice appreciated

! I am looking for a host for a small site that I am fixing to start Requirements * A web server with PHP installed. * MySQL database server * GD Graphics Library.... ImageMagick 6 is optional. Looking for a good balance of reliable and cheap - with reliable being more important of course :P As Im not the worlds smartest about this type of stuff all advice would be greatly appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Looking for a newsletter host

I was previously using netatlantic, but I have had problems with them and need to move to another host. I have a large list (100,000) and would like to use lyris. Does anyone have any reccommendation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Renewing Domains w/ Different Registrars

I am fairly new to this and have registered two domain addresses that are set to expire in a month. I want to renew them but not with the same registrar is used initially since better deals exist elsewhere. Do I simply go to a site like godaddy and register these domains Or will they come up taken since they havent expired yet Or is there a renew domain name option for new customers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Bad Experience leads to finding a new provider

After having problems with my current Provider I am on the search for a New provider that can match or prove better then my current one. Below i have listed my needs and what i want in a new provider i will be switching providers by the 1st of the month. In order to sign me up as a new long term customer for my hosting site you must be able to provide me with the following: ( Some of the options listed below are taken directly for my current providers site its what they offer and I dont want to lose what I currently get so meet or exceed the below options ) Price per Month $20.00-50.00 Option to pay per Year Set-Up Fee $0 Disk Space (To Distribute to Client Accounts) 10 GB Bandwidth Monthly (To Distribute to Client Accounts) 100 GB - Unlimited/Unmetered Free Disk Space For main reseller account (Main Reseller domain) 1 GB Free Bandwidth (Main Reseller domain) 10 GB - Unlimited/Unmetered Unlimited CPanel and Added Domains owed Domains - Unlimited Custom DNS ns1.YourHost.com ns2.YourHost.com Reseller Hosting Control Panel Free - cPanel & WebHost Manager (WHM) ACCOUNT ESSENTIALS - CPanel 9.x Control Panel Included on Plans - Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts Included on Plans - Unlimited Subdomains (name.yourdomain.com) Included on Plans - Unlimited FTP Accounts Included on Plans - Unlimited Email Vacation Responders Included on Plans - Web File Manager Included on Plans - Web Image Manager Included on Plans - Backup Protection (Daily and Weekly Offsite) Included on Plans - Custom Error Pages (404/403/etc.) Included on Plans - Define MIME Types Included on Plans - Apache Handlers / (.htaccess) Included on Plans - Password Protected Folders Included on Plans - OpenPGP keys Included on Plans - IP Deny Manager Included on Plans - Leech Protection Included on Plans - MS FrontPage Extensions Included on Plans - Manage Redirects Included on Plans - Cron Jobs Included on Plans DATABASE SUPPORT -MySQL 4.0.x Included on Plans -PHPMyAdmin Included on Plans SITE INTEGRATION -Fantastico Auto-Installer Included on Plans -Scripta Auto Installer Included on Plans -Search Engine Submitter Included on Plans EMAIL FEATURES -POP3 Mail Included on Plans -SMTP Mail Included on Plans -IMAP Support Included on Plans -Secure Email Included on Plans -Email Aliases : Unlimited Included on Plans -Email Forwarders : Unlimited Included on Plans -Email Auto-Responders : Unlimited Included on Plans -Catch E-mail Address : Unlimited Included on Plans -NeoMail Web Mail Included on Plans -Horde Web Mail Included on Plans -Squirrel Mail Web Mail Included on Plans -Spam Assassin Included on Plans FTP FEATURES -24/7 FTP Access Included on Plans -FTP Manager Included on Plans -Custom FTP Messages Included on Plans -FTP Session Control Included on Plans -FTP Account Quota Control Included on Plans -FTP Client Side Software Included on Plans STATISTICS -Analog Web Statistics Included on Plans -Webalizer Web Statistics Included on Plans -Webalizer Web Statistics Included on Plans -Sub-Domain Statistics Included on Plans -Lastest Visitor Statistics Included on Plans -Disk Usage Statistics Included on Plans -Bandwidth Statistics Included on Plans -Detailed Access Logs Included on Plans -Detailed Error Logs Included on Plans E-COMMERCE -OS Commerce Shopping Cart Included on Plans -CubeCart Shopping Cart Included on Plans -XenCart Shopping Cart System Included on Plans -Agora Shopping Cart Included on Plans -https:// 128bit SSL Included on Plans - Optional/Not required Fantastico and SCRIPTA Auto Installers also installed in all domains' accounts! Additional Information: while searching for my new provider I have relized that a VPS account might suit me better better I will take the best deal weather it is a VPS account Or a Reseller account besides I like the idea of having Total Control ( i.e Root access ) My Wishlist For New Provider 1.Make the Transfer/Switch for me For Little To No fee 2. Reply to My Support Request with in 5-60 minutes no longer then 12 hours 3. if I have a problem address it dont say its my problem not yours if it is my problem help me solve it 4. A support forum is a big + 5. As stated above option to have managed/total control with root access if its a VPS account My Background I know a little of this and a little of that but none the less Im no pro my hosting site is not trying to compete with others I have it for personal use and / or for friends + maybe a few clients to offset the cost I have many sites and dont have time to deal with hosting problems so I want a provider that is pain/hassles free and that I dont have to babysit and wonder if my services will be up today If you can offer me This Please email me at greg-SPF@gefnet.com if you cant meet or exceed my expections then you wont be considered so please dont respond But if you think you can work something out to gain a new customer Im standing by and waiting to hear from you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

domain name just expired, but cannot renew

I have a domain that I registered last May and it's just expired by 2 days now. I want to renew it but the vendors site (bookandhost.com) haven't responded to my email for a couple days after I contacted their support when I had trouble renewing through their panels. I got application errors and cannot log in to renew by myself, and now their support are tardy. I like the domain and want to keep it, but am now concerned someone could take it from me because it's expired. Can this happen or is their a cooling off period meaning it's still mine It expired 2 days ago. And can I take any action to get it renewed somehow even though the registrar is not advising me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

In the market for a new hosting provider

I have become dissatisfied with iPowerWeb as I am now unable to load text files into my db's through PHPMyAdmin. I cannot get a straight answer from them as to why this has changed. I'd be happy to load it from the command prompt if they offered that, and the LOAD DATA INFILE method is locked down as well. They offer a buggy script that apparently does'nt support my tables design. So, I am in the market for a new hosting provider. I am looking for customer testimonials, not marketing pitches. Please no affiliate links or shameless plugs from hosting companies. Here is what I am looking for: 1. Linux/Apache 2. MySQL 3. PHP 4. Support for loading text files to MySQL either through LOAD DATA INFILE (either from the command prompt or a script) or PHPMyAdmin. 5. Web stats 6. Extreme reliability BTW, this is for my onlineshoppingexpress.com site. I have multiple other domains hosted by them that I would eventually move as they come up for renewal, so a multiple domain solution would be nice.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Urgent Help required regarding renewal of domain name

I'm rather suprised to learn that one of my domain names has just expired. WHOIS still displays my contact details for the domain name even though my ownership expired a couple of days ago. Because of this, when you run the domain name through a regular website, it still says it is taken and it can not be bought. My question is, how can I renew my domain before it goes on sale to the general public
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

looking for swiss vps

looking for swiss vps please recommend
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!