Better performance with VPS?

Is it true that running a website on a VPS will provider better performance Why is it so

I know I will have dedicated resources like RAM, but the lower end plans seem to put a cap on the resources rather than give you more flexibility

E.g. the lowest tier VPS may give you a dedicated 256MB ram, but isn't it better when you have a shared hosting plan on a server with a shared 16GB of RAM so that each website can have their 'bursts' and make use of the memory when needed

I'm totally noob to this - please advice
Posted On: Friday 28th of December 2012 09:42:58 PM Total Views:  76
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Web server performance

Hi. What makes the website perform faster in the in the web host server Is it the RAM for example Please tell me or direct me to an appropriate article. Best.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

php and mysql better on linux or windows

My website is compiled with mysql and php. I am deciding platform it will work on. Should i go with which one any pros and cons do you know , linux or windows Go with linux. They are great couple actually
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Make better use of parked domains

Help needed!!! i read in a forum about a software that makes pages fast around given keywords recently. It is similar but different from Hypervre software. Cannot find it again. anyone has an idea' need it fast.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Proxy Domains better without word "Proxy" ?

What is better way to name a proxy site domain, 1. Domain Containing word "Proxy" OR without 2. Or some other relevant key word Asking because, i am new with proxy. So in case Search Engines decide not to motivate them, proxy containing domain will easy to get out of Ranks. This is just mine thought, whats your point of view in this regard.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

When registering is it better?

When you register a domain is it better to register the singular version or the plural For example say I wanted moneyexpert.com or moneyexperts.com Which is better and why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Which is better, a so-so .com or a very good .net or .biz?

Hi. I'm wondering how important it is to have a .com as opposed to a .net or .biz The .com I'm interested in is taken but the .net and .biz are available. Should I try and find a .com that will work or just go with the .net or .biz Any advice would be welcome.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with our domain

I had configured a domain here..example. www.domainname.com and we have created a new server intended for our mail..and so we created www.mail.domainname.com. Yes, i was able to browse the domain in the server but the problem is the mail.domainname.com is not available in the internet if im going to browse it on another computer. What would I do I've been thinking maybe is there a need to reconfigure our main domain which is the www.domainname.com and make the mail.domainname.com as sub domain am i right im very confused please give me an idea what else can I do to solve this problem ur reply will be more appreciated..have a nice day
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem with our domain

I had configured a domain here..example. www.domainname.com and we have created a new server intended for our mail..and so we created www.mail.domainname.com. Yes, i was able to browse the domain in the server but the problem is the mail.domainname.com is not available in the internet if im going to browse it on another computer. What would I do I've been thinking maybe is there a need to reconfigure our main domain which is the www.domainname.com and make the mail.domainname.com as sub domain am i right im very confused please give me an idea what else can I do to solve this problem ur reply will be more appreciated..have a nice day
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Domain Prices Increasing

I have heard that on 1st of July domain prices are increasing specially .com and .net domain. COM will go up 7%, and .NET by 10%. Can anybody confirm from reliable resources , I do not believe that will be huge increase at all. Of course prices will go higher. But they will be huge.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

cpanel to plesk

, I currently have an advertising solution that processes from 500,000 - 2,000,000 unique visitors per month (php based landing page with css and few images). I currently have Linux VPS with cPanel and WHM and I LOVE THEM. But my current vps provider keeps failing and trying to rip me off (I pay $80 per mo with quad core and 8gb ram and they still ***** that I use too much server resources when I really dont). I am currently looking @ 1and1's linux cloud server solution (dynamic VPS) with Plesk (linux based). I am wondering if migration is easy (not only files, but also databases and cron deamon with cron tasks, email forwarders and more). I never used Plesk before, but I wonder does it have phpmyadmin Also can I setup multiple hosting accounts within it , Maybe that would be better get unmanaged VPS solution and buy your license and then install that on the server.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Liquid Web - Greatest Service I've ever had

I've been with a few hosting providers over the years and liquid web is by far the best I've ever had...Primarily because of their customer service. Every issue that I've ever called them about, regardless of whether its technical or billing related, has been handled quickly and professionally. They even migrated all my data for me when I downgraded servers. Lol. I just wanted to share a positive experience since most of the posts I see in this section are pretty negative.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anyone who has some experience with Gossimer?

Im looking for webhost for a wordpress blog and came across Gossimer. Good thing about it is that they have many paymet options. Does anyone has any experience with Gossimer Can you share your experience Can anyone recommend a webhost that uses Alertpay (Payza) or Moneybookers.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th December 2012
View Replies!