Automated backup tools for sites on shared web hosts

We have several websites at multiple hosting companies (all shared hosts - some using cPanel, others using Plesk) and we're looking for a way to backup all files and MySQL databases for each site. We'd like nightly or more frequent backups and prefer that it is completely automated.

My current plan is to store all the backups on an Amazon S3 account or similar. But I'm not sure what tools are out there to accomplish the collection and transfer of the files and databases. It would be nice if there's a way to do everything through a centralized management system, but that's not an absolute requirement.

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:07 AM Total Views:  197
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Web Hosting PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Automated backup tools for sites on shared web hosts

We have several websites at multiple hosting companies (all shared hosts - some using cPanel, others using Plesk) and we're looking for a way to backup all files and MySQL databases for each site. We'd like nightly or more frequent backups and prefer that it is completely automated. My current plan is to store all the backups on an Amazon S3 account or similar. But I'm not sure what tools are out there to accomplish the collection and transfer of the files and databases. It would be nice if there's a way to do everything through a centralized management system, but that's not an absolute requirement.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Do you know of any free file storage service that can be used for backups?

I'm looking for a file storage service that can be used for backups and allows FTP access. Do you know of any reliable service that also offers a free account , Maybe any simple free web hosting account But I believe that is not good idea. Free services are delivered to you BUT with NO GUARANTEE. And backups that is very serious. Why don't pay few bucks per month and have guarantees Backup solution became separate service nowadays and you can find that with no problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Recommendations for online web site creation tools

I am starting a new hosting service offering free domain names and free hosting and I want to offer my users an online tool to help them create their web sites. Free is best but will take a look at all recommendations. If you know of one that you like that costs money please feel free to let me know. Your help is appreciated as always. , Hotscripts to review existing ones. I would recommend front page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mass backup accounts to remote FTP with ROOT access and cPanel/WHM. How?

, I have a VPS and about 140 accounts on it. I've also got cPanel and WHM installed. I'm moving to a new host, but the thought of having to move all these accounts manually really makes me lazy I have to go into each account and go to backup -> backup to remote FTP, and yeah.. Is there any way I can mass backup all of my accounts, or all accounts I select, to a specified FTP server I only have root access on my VPS, but not on the server I'm moving all the backups to..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

"site offline" backup server

Im sorry I know the title is not too good but its the best i could think of...now i think i have the right forum here but i could be wrong. The server my site is hosted on keeps going down but i cannot afford to move it to another host due to the sites size (about 15GB). Is there any way i can use one of my smaller hostgator accounts to host a simple site that comes into action when the main one goes down, I tried this with some tricky DNS but it just broke the site altogether If anyone has any ideas or even an idea for a starting point i would be very gratefull! ps. Please excuse my grammar and spelling, just woke up with a hangover
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hosting sites in the US, I'm in the UK

I've been with DonHost in the UK for the last 4 months and have realised how much its costing me I was looking at some of the prices of the US hosting companies and was wondering. Is there anything I have to think about when choosing a US hosting company that I can host my UK based websites. I have been looking at websitesource.com, anybody have any experience with these people Or maybe mediatemple.net On the other hand the cheapest hosting company I can find in the UK is 1&1 but I have heard some mixed opinions.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

can someone please help me? dedicated host - all sites down - ips messed up

i'm running WHM + cPanel and all of the IPs are messed up my sites are www.gossiprocks.com www.fromstart2finish.com www.goldfishimages.com these are on seperate IPs, 72.232.48.62 72.232.48.61 72.232.48.60 respectively and nothing is working can someone please, please help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Transferring hosts - Best way to backup / transfer Email?

, I'm just wrapping up a site for a client. Their old host wasn't using Apache, so we had to get a new host that supports Apache. We've been building the new site on the Apache host and keeping the old site up on the domain until we're ready to go live. These are two different hosting companies and the biggest concern is transferring the emails and email accounts. Does anyone have any advice Personal experiences (good and bad)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Want To Start Many Websites. What is the Cheapest Way?

I know alot of you run a ton of websites and would like to know how you host them all. I would like to setup some more websites but would like to know what is the cheapest way to do so. Right now I use lunarpages and have 2 accounts with them for 2 sites at around $9/mo . Instead of paying $9/mo for every new site I create I'm wondering if there is a cheaper way. Any great hosts that are like $3 a mo that are on par with lunarpages in terms of reliability I don't need alot of storage space. Or possibly a host that lets you run 5-10 sites for $20 a month and all the sites share the same resources I was just informed I can buy what are called "Add On Domains" in lunarpages for only $2.50. Are there any downsides to using an add on domain. Like will it lower my google rank for my established site etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

No cpanel backup?

I am curious about this, I have just found out from my host that the backup function has been removed from all cpanel accounts due to server load, this doesn't sound right to me as I paid for a service and now that service is no longer as per agreed/paid for, can they do this Ever heard of this happening before
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

standard template for freehost sites

Hi , I am thinking of rewarding some of our site members with some small freehosting facilities, but I would like each of the pages to be largely based around a template that we provide. Does anyone know of any scripts that will allow me to do this I am thinking a la soundclick, where there is an on-line editor, but essentially they must keep our basic design (so that we can link back to our site within each page, and for reasons of gen. consistency) any help is hugely appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!