Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Web Hosting

Domain Registration  

I have a website name, however I have not chosen my hosting company yet. I would like to register the name, while I am still researching hosting companies. Can anyone tell me a good place to register my website? I am looking for a company with the following criteria.No hidden... Continue Reading
Views : 43
Wednesday 3rd of October 2012

Will a second domain help  

I have a client who has a site which is not performing well despite having a PR4. The site needs and will be getting a complete remake which will help as the code and content is poor.At present his domain has no keyords whatsoever and consists of only one unrelated word. Continue Reading
Views : 53

Best way to permanently redirect  

I have set up a webshop at shopify.com. Let's say my store is located at example.shopify.com.I would like to run it on my own unique domain - let's call it example.com.I've now made a CNAME record to point Continue Reading
Views : 55

where to buy cheap hosting  

Hi, which websites offer cheap web hosting with good services? Continue Reading
Views : 47

Last minute hosting change cost  

HiI have built a Wordpress site for a client. It is all built and ready to go but I still have the under construction page up.It is in the contract that I will host the site, and it was one of the first questions I asked them. However they have suddenly decided they want to... Continue Reading
Views : 66

Looking to sell a site but where  

I have a TLD domain and i want to sell it on as i have not got the time to do the work needed. I added it to flippa and just got fraudulent bids. Where can i sell this without getting the frauds and fakes. Continue Reading
Views : 56

Lose hosting positioning slow  

Good evening can be a problem from my server I'm losing too many positions in chat Uruguay site was in the top 2'm going to number 8.Noto my hosting quite slow, thank you very much appreciate your opinion. Continue Reading
Views : 55

Web hosting Ireland  

Can anyone recommend a reliable fast hosting company whose web servers are sited in the Republic of Ireland? Continue Reading
Views : 36

Looking for a new web host  

I run a graphic design company and I'm looking for a reliable host that offers vps. my requirements are php 5, mysql, etc. Continue Reading
Views : 65

New domain extensions questions  

Hello. I've been looking at what's happening with the new domain names, and as far as I understand, those names will basically not be sold like they are now. As in, some of the big corporations will have filed for control of some extensions such as .news and no one else will be able to use... Continue Reading
Views : 53

Hosting Gator Has anyone heard  

I have been reading on some other forums that Hosting Gator may be acquired by Endurance International Group in the next 3-4 weeks. Has anyone else heard about this? Continue Reading
Views : 76

Problem with my GoDaddy Hosting  

Hello everyone,I have three websites working on and we bought the domain and hosting at go daddy, as soon as we updating our site, the hosting got a problem, sometimes it's database error, sometimes hosting problem, what can I do to avoid this? Do I need to switch to other... Continue Reading
Views : 37

What kind of hosting service do I need for a big website  

Website will contain a large databaseusers will be able to register, add comments and add info in that databaseI am just a designer I don't have much experience in hosting, all I used before was shared hosting for my own websiteThanks in advance Continue Reading
Views : 31

Best hosting provider  

Hi, can anyone knows which is the best hosting provider? For me look all the same. Thanks Continue Reading
Views : 56

Domain won at auction and reversal  

Here is a peculiar case I am facing with a leading Domain Auction site. There was an expired domain up for auction at this leading site and I bid on it. I remained the highest bidder and finally won the auction. My credit card was charged for the bid amount and soon the domain was transferred... Continue Reading
Views : 52

Better performance with VPS  

Is it true that running a website on a VPS will provider better performance? Why is it so?I know I will have dedicated resources like RAM, but the lower end plans seem to put a cap on the resources rather than give you more flexibility?E.g. the lowest tier VPS may... Continue Reading
Views : 62

HostOnce - Have you heard  

Has anybody heard of HostOnce? We have a client who is using them and their website went down a few days ago. HostOnce's phone # just goes to static, there's no email response and their support forum does work... Continue Reading
Views : 46

Which is best Web Hosting  

Hello,Currently I running my site on webhosting pad. I am fed up of it because of CPU usage restrictions.Can any one share any reliable/best webhost with reasonable price, who also offer good CPU usage?? Continue Reading
Views : 38

CentOS 6.3 update PHP !!!  

As you mentioned to Easyapache, I assume you are using cPanel/WHM? Continue Reading
Views : 70

Cheap Domain and Hosting for your site...  

Hello everyone, I just wanted to tell you that there are sites that offer free web hosting on the internet.And the quality one,in my first time I just bought domain for $9 and redirected it to free web host (where I uploaded my site.). Once I made some money, I bought the real host but the... Continue Reading
Views : 93

Looking for Hosting Companies that Meet the Following Criteria  

Multi Domain SSL Certificate Linux Server PHP5+ cPanel Unlimited Storage, Bandwidth, MySql DBs and Addon DomainsSSL is mentioned first because this is most important. This is not... Continue Reading
Views : 50

GoDaddy Security Problem  

GoDaddy has always (?) been held in high regard as a registrar and I believe that's still true (despite what seems to be significant annoyance at upselling attempts) but their hosting has been hammered by at least 90% of SitePoint members who have used them as their host.Recently... Continue Reading
Views : 49

root domain e.g zzzzz.com does not work but www.zzzzz.com works   

Hello Guys,I just setup a few website on a new windows dedicated server. Without using a cpanel.However after adding the host names the root does not work.Only if I add the wwwIn the glue records of the DNS, I had added *.zzzz.com and left it blank... Continue Reading
Views : 40

Looking for web hosting for PHP, Node.js and websocket connection  

Hi everyone,Can anyone suggest a web hosting service that allows to host PHP and Node.js together. Also, I want to enable websocket connection to bridge communications between my PHP aap and Node.js app. I've tried services like Appfog and Heroku but they do not support websocket... Continue Reading
Views : 51

SSH CPANEL  

Hello all, I would like to ask you, some time ago I've got SSH sites could be active, but now why not again, about how to enable, please be notified to have experience the same Continue Reading
Views : 31

Not getting ripped off buying a domain  

I'm in negotiations with someone to buy a domain name for a fair whack of money. How can I ensure this guy doesn't take the money and run? I was going to use paypal but I think they don't offer buyer protection for intangible goods.The seller is mediafirm.com and as far as I can... Continue Reading
Views : 32

When is the time to move to dedicated server  

Hi mates,I know it sounds silly but as much as I'm in the biz, I never needed dedicated servers. So I'm pretty noob in dedicated issues Now how do I know I need dedicated... Continue Reading
Views : 51

What is the best host(ing) for me  

What is the best host(ing) for me?There are several types of hosting availble. Each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Below we listed the most common hosting options, starting with shared hosting for the light-weight websites, to Cloud hosting for the... Continue Reading
Views : 36

Complete List of Domain Extensions  

EDIT: Wikipedia lists (and maintains) a list of List of Internet top-level domains.The remainder of this thread must be considered out of date. Continue Reading
Views : 48

How Tos to make forum use easier  

Wondering how to add a mention, quote more than one person at a time, or report a post? This thread will help you learn all the little things that make SitePoint a fun and easy forum.The thread is closed for comments, but if you have any questions on how to do something that isn't... Continue Reading
Views : 49