Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Web Hosting

Looking for US/UK webhost that allows adult content  

Hello SitePointers,I'm currently with a webhost and paying ?5/mo for a shared package. I'm getting extremely tired of their poor customer service - my tickets can go ignored for days and they can sometimes have inadequate English - so I'm on the prowl for a webhost that is... Continue Reading
Views : 50
Wednesday 3rd of October 2012

Web hosting companies demanding ID scans  

I was just doing a little reading about how more web hosting companies are demanding ID scans nowadays to prevent fraudulent signups using stolen credit cards and to prevent nefarious uses such as copyright infringement, phishing, spamming, etc. HostGator says they get 6,000 fraudulent... Continue Reading
Views : 45

What's more reliable than the average shared hosting  

I maintain a website for a charity client. In recent years their online inter-activity and communication has grown and it's important to them the website is always available.Two weeks ago someone hacked the shared server they were hosted on and their site was affected. Even though... Continue Reading
Views : 63

Google Webmaster tools - register two domains for the same site  

Hi all, I have bought a .co.uk and a .com for my business, both point to the same website. To be more specific the website is hosted on the .co.uk domain and I have the .com redirecting to it.Now my question is, with my .co.uk address already authenticated in my... Continue Reading
Views : 53

Softaculous or Fantastico hosting  

Hi,I have two options for webhosting HostGator and Arvixe.I want to install a Joomla website and both of them provide different script installers.Which one should I go with Fantastico or Softaculous ? Continue Reading
Views : 42

Cloud Hosting and Shared Hosting  

Hello guys!I was looking for a good host.Wandering in The web Hosting sites, I found that many hosting sites are offering Cloud Hosting and 100% Up TimeWhat is Cloud Hosting? andIs it possible to give 100 % up time?I am a newbie here.I really thank you all... Continue Reading
Views : 47

Transferring domains for free- annoyed with present registrar charging to move  

Hi allI have four accounts with different domain registrars that I want to move to one account. Unfortunately my favorite registrar says it will cost 7dollars per domain which is a rip off. Can anyone recommend a good provider who doesn't charge to give them business?!! Thanks Continue Reading
Views : 57

Shared hosting - constant email bouncing notifications  

I am constantly receiving email bounce notifications. The bounce notifications are sent to random addresses on my domain, such as BAKJSGKAG@mydomain.com. None of these are real accounts I have set up, but I know that if I receive mail it always goes... Continue Reading
Views : 49

domain & facebook sharing  

Why some website using free domain cant be shared in facebook? Continue Reading

Bots and Bandwidth  

Hello guys. please take a look and give me advice.Viewed traffic * 2,229 5,069(2.27 visits/visitor) 19,189(3.78 Pages/Visit) 56,236(11.09 Hits/Visit) 413.92 MB(83.61 KB/Visit)Not viewed traffic * 19,803 25,698 142.91 MBand... Continue Reading
Views : 78

Recommend a host with 4GB RAM and 80GB HDD  

Can anyone recommend a reputable and inexpensive host that offers 4GB RAM and at least 80GB HDD? Continue Reading
Views : 55

Godaddy.com hidden costs  

What are the hidden costs in godaddy.com 4GH web hosting? Continue Reading
Views : 65

Hosting server location  

Hi,Does it matter the location of the hosting server?For example, if I have a wensite in english, but the hosting server is in Spain, and I want target users from UK, USA, Canada; is it better in search engines to use a server from these countries?Also, the search engines... Continue Reading

Web Hosting qualities  

I am attempting to create a website. I need a hosting company. My website needs to play audio samples like iTunes and it needs a map locator. Currently I just want to build an minimum viable product to test the market for my idea. However, I want to choose a hosting company I can grow... Continue Reading
Views : 33

I need semi-dedicated web hosting to test (for) my TV streaming website  

Hi guys,Is there any good and cheap semi-dedicated web hosting to test (or for) my live TV streaming app. I've completed testing the app on my computer and now I want to bring it to the real world.I don't have much budget recently until I get an investor.So... Continue Reading
Views : 43

Do I need more expensive hosting  

I'm using shared hosting it the moment and wanted to know if that's ok for a site that has 10,000 page views per month? To give you an idea of the site, my adword spend is ?12k per year ($18k USD).Shared hosting seems to be fine but I spend only ?29 per year on it. I need some... Continue Reading
Views : 60

Bluehost  

Hi everyone,I'm looking at different hosts for a new website i have in development, in the past i have used 1and1, but i find that their hosting service is unreliable and their basic packages are featureless, not to mention they have terrible hosting, so anyway, i'm considering... Continue Reading
Views : 64

SEO and Changing the host  

Hi,Does changing the host too frequently affect the ranking of the web site in search engines.For example, if i change the hosting company 3 times in 2 months, does it affect the Page Rank? Because it is changing the server location, and also, each time the website cannot be... Continue Reading
Views : 36

Shifting to a new web hosting service.  

My plan is about to end with the existing host and i want to move to a new Web Hosting provider ...Can any one suggest me a good Host.I am not looking for cloud or shared cloud..My budget is like $15-20 /month ..Basically the site has images stored in folders .i also need a good cPanel... Continue Reading
Views : 53

Hosting Issue  

Hi, I am regularly having problems connecting to my website, http://www.ubereadoolische.com/ - how would I go about finding out the reasons why?Please note that I am very much a beginner.I wondered if it could be an issue with my web hosting service,... Continue Reading

Short term high traffic hosting  

I client of mine is running a promotion during the month of September. They are expecting a spike in traffic that may overwhelm the GoDaddy hosting plan.Does anyone have any ideas for a host that can accommodate high traffic but only for a month?Michael Continue Reading

Distributed Hosting  

Hi guys,Recently I've been looking in to cloud database products. I was kind of hoping that by cloud the vendors meant that the data wasn't fixed to any particular server, so we could get replication across multiple data-centres etc, mostly for increased robustness.... Continue Reading

Multiple domain names and Google  

I have a client who has around 16 domain names all relating to the 3 areas of her business - some with the .co.uk and .com equivalents.I have launched a website for her with her main domain name and this site covers all 3 business areas on separate pages.My gut feeling is that... Continue Reading

Will .com still be The King   

Hello,With many new domain extensions on the way, will .com still be The King ?Please advice.Thank you. Continue Reading
Views : 44

Fatcow vs Hostgator  

Which hosting company is better Fatcow vs Hostgator. Currently I'm using Fatcow but someone recommend to me that Hostgator is better. I heard that Hostgator is pretty much the same but more expensive per year. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Maybe I need to change my... Continue Reading
Views : 64

What is video hosting   

Basically I want to create a live strimming system into my site. I have already got a solution but its admin is not mine. I heard about video hosting. Is this will be helpful to me and what is video hosting. Continue Reading
Views : 91

Looking for a little help in planning a domain migration strategy  

Hello all,Happy to find this site--I have a couple of sitepoint books but never investigated these forums before now...they seem as friendly and clear as the books are Continue Reading
Views : 57

thediveport.com - domain value  

I have registered a domain thediveport.com three years back October 2009 for our client to give hosting for his website. The first year was free of cost, but after that two years that client never paid the domain charges, now he want me to transfer the ownership of this domain to him. I have... Continue Reading
Views : 52

Which one is a good Free Hosting  

Hi,I spent 6 hours doing research on free hosting, read 100s of reviews and still didn't reach any conclusion. I want to use a free hosting that has a reliable uptime and don't show downtimes, I know what I am saying doesn't make sense as I am talking about free but I think if visitors... Continue Reading
Views : 40

Offering Hosting With a Design Package  

I purchased a hosting package with unlimited space and bandwidth a few years ago. I have a few clients already hosted on this server with excellent results so far. I want to start offering hosting with my design packages for free for a year, then charge them for the use of my server after... Continue Reading
Views : 32