Still trolling for Desktop Search enthusiasts

Spectate Swamp Desktop Search is NOW Open Source.
This simple 10,000 line Visual Basic 5 program does
it all. With lots of room for improvement.

Any takers

The first code snippets got me in trouble, for poor coding practices.
but it is dirt simple and works just fine.

Desktop Search Open Source Code - early offer.
----------------------------------------------

at: "Trolling for Desktop Search enthusiasts" channel9 msdn dot com
http://channel9.msdn...xPostID=368158

visit the above site and request the source code.

Lots of discussion on Desktop Search at this MicroSoft Board.

Next month the code will be posted on many open source sites
If it isn't there already!

Still lots of the early release 50 copies left.
(less than 10 emailed out)

Come and request your source - Desktop Search is fun.

Cheers
Spectate Swamp

Open source makes It Your desktop search
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:06:42 AM Total Views:  177
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Return ILIST(of string)

'Returnsthenamesoftheuserswhoaercurrentlyintherooms ''' ''' PublicFunctionGetRoomUsersNames()AsIlist(ofstring) DimaAsObject DimstrAsIList(OfString)=Nothing ExpireUsers(userChatRoomSessionTimeout) 'MsgBox(RoomUsers.ToString()) ForEachkeyAsObjectInRoomUsers.Keys 'MsgBox(RoomUsers.Keys.ToString()) a=(Me.RoomUsers(key.ToString()).UserName) 'str.Add(a.ToString()) Returna Next EndFunction how to return Ilist of strin that object a has username i want return that name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

How to make an array of class objects in Visual Basic

How can I make an array of objects in VB.net. Here is the requirement. Basically I have a class named hotel. I need to dynamically add customers to the hotel class using the Customer class. So basically if in the Hotel class I can have an array of Customer objects that would be great. How can I do this in VB .net Public Class Hotel ' I need an array of Customer objects. objCustomers End Class Public Class Customer Private custId As Integer Private custName As String Private custAddress As String Private custCity As String End Class Pseudo code: Dim Hilton As Hotel = new Hotel() Hilton.objCustomers(5) ' Declare an array of 5 customer objects Hilton.objCustomers(0).CustId=1 Hilton.objCustomers(0).CustName="JoJo Smith" Hilton.objCustomers(0).custAddress="122 Emory Lane" Hilton.custCity="Merry More" . . . Hilton.objCustomers(4).CustId=1 Hilton.objCustomers(4).CustName="Ice Baby" Hilton.objCustomers(4).custAddress="66 Domino Drive" Hilton.custCity="Miami" \t End While
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

How do i do this in Vb.net

The code below is done in C#. I just need to do this in VB.net, It involved operator overloading. Please help protected void ChangeAppearanceButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { this.TestPanel.Visible = this.TestPanel.Visible false : true; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Which data structure to use?

\t , I have two cols F and D and based on value of F, I want to know the value of D. I tried to use 2D array but that didnt work as it returned the first match. Then I used the Collection and I cant have duplicates in Collection My data looks like {(4,10) (5,10) (10,10) (10,20)} where first value is F and second is D. What other data structure can take duplicates and return the correct value and will be fairly easy to manipulate\t Will hashtables work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Visual Basic to access .csv file from ftp and add data to SQL

Hi. I have some experience in VB but am completely new in SQL. I have a VB project involving SQL to be completed in 5 days. I really hope you can at least give me some ideas to shorten my developement's struggles to meet the deadline. My VB program will access a text file (*.csv) from ftp in which the file is in the format of a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,f1,a2,b2,c2,d2,e2,f2,...... in which there will be 246 columns in a line separated by commas. Each 6 columns are 1 group. So, there will be 41 groups in a line. The number of lines of the text file can go up to 60000 lines. The VB program will read the text file, extract and manipulate the data. Then, the manipulated data will be added to SQL database. The VB program needs to do the abovementioned tasks once daily. Below are my questions: 1) How can i access a file from the ftp directory The info given to me is that the location of the text file is ftp://192.168.1.15/Folder1/FileName.csv user id: USER password: USER I dont know how i can include the "user id" and "password" into my VB program to access the file in ftp. 2) For the File I/O of the *.csv file i mentioned above, how can i know where are the (i) "end of line" of each line & (ii) "end of file" 3) Any quick notes for me to pick up SQL to be used in VB Or any good resources for me to kick start
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

VB IDE Menus

Some 3rd-party add-ins have added their stuff to the VB menu bar, causing some of VB's standard menus (Tools, Windows, Help) to fall by the wayside. When I add the VB menus manually, they are always gone next time I start VB. How can I get control of this Is there a configuration file for the IDE Are the number of menus limited
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Process can't access file because it is being used by another process

Hi I've to extract a zip file and delete that zip file. When i extract zip file, the file is extracted successfully, but when i try to delete the file, it throws the Exception "Process can't access file because it is being used by another process". Can some one solve my problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Compact framework (use of checkboxes)

Can somebody help me I am using the visual studio compact framework to build an application on a PDA device. The problem is when i try to create checkboxes in code, it will not appear on the screen. Is there anything unique i need to include in the code to make it work Or do i just create the checkbox object, new it and after setting all its properties, add it to Me.Controls(this should work right) Some help would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Create Shortcut

I have an Excel macro whihc creates an Excel file and saves it to the current directory, but I also need it to create a shortcut to the file in another directory and give it a specific fielname. How can ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Re: Keystrokes

On 25.04.2005 04:04 Mat, in 2005042419041916807%rwc1717@shawca, Charles Cohen wrote: > On 2005-04-24 12:27:12 -0700, Anic said: > >> On 24.04.2005 04:14Soir, in 2005042407142416807%rwc1717@shawca, Charles >> Cohen wrote: >> >>> On 2005-04-24 04:23:11 -0700, Anic said: >>> ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Visual Studio 2005 upgrade decision help

Now that Visual Studio 2005 has been out a while I'm hoping that someone can give me some insight on what version to upgrade to (standard or professional). I went out on Microsoft's site and looked at the comparison chart ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Good day to you all! We are World Pacific Inc. (WPI). a search firm exclusively for key executives, representing you in various industries as you find that next corporate challenge. We exist to provide businesses with world- class management people ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Byte data type rounding up problem

Someone care to take a shot at figuring out why this is happening This section of code converts some text into a byte and appends it into a package to be later sent to a server. In vb.net the package is adding up to 32 when the total bytes are actually 31. In c# this code works fine, and I will post both sections in hopes someone can tell me why the vb.net is adding up wrong. For testing AXL.Length = 20 VB.net: Dim FirstRequest As String = "ServiceName=catalog" Dim FinalRequest As String = "1owRequestOutput=False&owResponsePath=False&" Dim b0 As Byte() = BitConverter.GetBytes(FirstRequest.Length) Array.Reverse(b0) Dim b1 As Byte() = ASCII.GetBytes(FirstRequest) Dim b2 As Byte() = {0, 0, 0, 3} Dim b3 As Byte() = BitConverter.GetBytes(AXL.Length) Array.Reverse(b3) Dim Package1(b0.Length + b1.Length + b2.Length + b3.Length) As Byte b0.Length = 4 b1.Length = 19 b2.Length = 4 b3.Length = 4 Package1.Length will equal 32 here in vb.net C#: string FirstRequest = "ServiceName=catalog"; string FinalRequest = "1owRequestOutput=False&owResponsePath=False&"; Byte [] b0 = BitConverter.GetBytes(FirstRequest.Length); Array.Reverse(b0); Byte[] b1 = ASCII.GetBytes(FirstRequest); byte[] b2 = new Byte[4]{0,0,0,3}; Byte[] b3 = BitConverter.GetBytes(AXL.Length); Array.Reverse(b3); byte[] Package1 = new Byte[b0.Length + b1.Length + b2.Length + b3.Length]; Package1.Length will equal 31 here in c# Why is vb.net rounding it to 32\t Big thanks to anyone who can answer this. It is blowing up my buffers on my java server when I send the request to it using vb.net.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Creating a Flag Viewer

I am trying to create a flag viewer in vb and just cant get it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Weird Glitch in blackjack game? HELP!

I have multiple labels in my game representing the cards and randomly on my labels when i deal the cards one of the numbers will be a little higher up on the label and it will add the labels wrong for example if i get a 1 and a 7 and the 1 is higher is will say my score is "17" not 8 like it should be. i also have found out it only happens with the number 1. if anyone can help me fix this plz post. here is my code---- Public Class Form1 Dim firstlabel As String Dim secondlabel As String Dim thirdlabel As String Dim forthlabel As String Dim fifthlabel As String Dim sixlabel As String Dim seventhlabel As String Dim eighthlabel As String Dim ninethlabel As String Dim tenthlabel As String Dim eleventhlabel As String Dim twelvethlabel As String Dim thirdtextbox As String Dim finalresult2 As String Dim finalresult As Double Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Randomize() End Sub Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Label1.Text = Int((11) * Rnd()) + 1 Label2.Text = Int((11) * Rnd()) + 1 Label6.Text = Int((11) * Rnd()) + 1 Label7.Text = Int((11) * Rnd()) + 1 firstlabel = Label1.Text secondlabel = Label2.Text finalresult = CInt(firstlabel) + CInt(secondlabel) Label11.Text = finalresult sixlabel = Label6.Text seventhlabel = Label7.Text finalresult2 = CInt(sixlabel) + CInt(seventhlabel) Label12.Text = finalresult2 If Button1.Enabled = True Then Button1.Enabled = False End If If Button1.Enabled = False Then Button3.Enabled = True Button2.Enabled = True End If If Label11.Text = 22 Then Label11.Text = 12 End If If Label11.Text = 21 Then MsgBox("21! You Win!!!") End If End Sub Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click Label3.Text = Int((11) * Rnd()) + 1 thirdlabel = Label3.Text finalresult = CInt(firstlabel) + CInt(secondlabel) + CInt(thirdlabel) Label11.Text = finalresult If Label11.Text > 21 Then MsgBox("Bust you lose. Try again") End If If Label11.Text = 21 Then MsgBox("21! You Win!!!") ' If Label11.Text = 21 Then' 'thirdtextbox = CInt(TextBox3.Text) * 2 ' End If If Label11.Text < 21 Then End If End Sub Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click Dim firsttextbox As Boolean firsttextbox = 0 TextBox1.Text = CInt(firsttextbox) + 100 End Sub Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click Button1.Enabled = False Button2.Enabled = False Button3.Enabled = False Button5.Enabled = True Button6.Enabled = True Button7.Enabled = True MessageBox.Show("Player 2's Turn") End Sub Private Sub Button8_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button8.Click Application.Restart() End Sub Mod Edit: Added in code tags. When you are posting code please use code tags like below. It makes it easier for people to read your code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Project ideas

Any one got an interesting project idea I could try in Visual Basic I don't care if it is some program that no one would ever use, just throw out some ideas. My level is about Intermediate to Advanced. (preferably Intermediate) This post has been edited by lfk523: 02 March 2008 - 09:38 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

This doesn't seem to work. Any Idea?

I have tried every variation of connection string I can find on the internet. As I install the connection string and try to run the program I get an error 3031 invalid password. I know that the passwords are correct in the Database I have checked them several times. I have been working with this for a few days and am out of Ideas Public Sub GetPartNumberData(ByVal CurrentPartNumber As String) Static DB As Database, PartNumber As DAO.Recordset Dim SQLselect As String Dim SQLwhere As String Const CENTERED_PIN = 1 Const OFF_CENTER_PIN = 2 Set DB = Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(sMasterDatabasePath & "PartNumber.mdb", False, False, ";pwd=hollister") SQLselect = "SELECT * FROM [PartNumber] " SQLwhere = "WHERE [PartNumber] = " & Chr$(34) & CurrentPartNumber & Chr$(34) Set PartNumber = DB.OpenRecordset(SQLselect & SQLwhere) If PartNumber.EOF Then MsgBox "Invalid Part Number ... " PartNumber.Close DB.Close Exit Sub End If
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!