someone clear my doubt

in a project there r different forms....if we want to end the execution of a form a start execution of another fom what do we do
form.hide only hides the form and shows another but does not end the execution of the form.
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:07:59 AM Total Views:  333
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how to see if a windows service is working VB.NET

hi i'm making a windows service that does a few things, it also has to see if some windows services (that I give up) are still running... anyone has any idea on how to do that \t (VB.NET)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

RFC-822 date

Does anyone have a asp.net VB function that will return the RFC-822 date for a given date
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Migrating from C# to VB.net

I am going to be taking up a new job as a VB.net developer. I have worked with C# for about 3years. I did mention to the interviewer that I haven't worked with VB.net, but he seemed to think that its easy to migrate from C# to Vb.net. Any recommendations on how I can prepare myself for this job Any good books or websites on this area How different is vb.net from C#
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

getting a type undefined

the following code doesn't work Public Function GetString(ByVal _type As Type, ByVal item As String, ByVal flag As BindingFlags) As Literal Dim lit As New Literal Dim t As Type = GetType(_type) lit.Text = (t.InvokeMember(item, flag, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing)).ToString Return lit End Function because of GetType(_type) how can I do it if I want to set a Type as parameter depending on the class I am calling
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

VB, SOAP and Betfair APi

Can you help please I am learning to use SOAP and I have been starting out by trying to access the Betfair API. So far I have managed to log in successfully but I am now stuck I have seen a sample program on the betfair site but it's written in C# (See below) Has anyone converted this code to VB if so can you post some of the code For instance how do I go about calling GetEventsReq and display the information on a datagrid I'm sure that once I can understand how to run one option I can relate the lessons learnt to all other options. I'd be very grateful for any assistance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Parameter is not being passed through?

I'm not understanding why the VenID parameter is not being passed through form this first page to the redirect. It sees a null each time. I'm worried that it might have something to do with my stored procedure SET property so I've listed that as well. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. BTW I've also tried Dim newvendorid As String = e.Command.Parameters("VenID").Value.ToString but that renders an IndexOutofRangeException. VB.net CODE \t Sub Register2(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As SqlDataSourceStatusEventArgs) \t\t\t If (e.Exception Is Nothing) Then \t\t\t\t\t Dim newvendorid As String = e.Command.Parameters("@VenID").Value.ToString \t\t\t\t\t Label1.Text = newvendorid \t\t\t\t\t Response.Redirect("register2.aspx@VenID=" & newvendorid, True) \t\t\t End If \t End Sub 'On_Inserted CORRESPONDING STORED PROCEDURE (Column VenID at SET is not recognized as well\t) ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[CreateVen] ( @VenID int output, @VendorName nvarchar(150) = null, @CompanySummary nvarchar(255) = null, @ServiceSummary nvarchar(255) = null, @FirstName nvarchar(255) = null, @LastName nvarchar(255) = null, @Address1 nvarchar(255) = null, @Address2 nvarchar(255) = null, @City nvarchar(255) = null, @State_FK nvarchar(255) = null, @Country_FK nvarchar(255) = null, @Phone nvarchar(255) = null, @Email nvarchar(255) = null, @Web nvarchar(255) = null, @Consulting bit, @Outsource bit, @Software bit, @BusinessServices bit ) AS SET @VenID = VenID INSERT INTO Vendors ( VendorName, CompanySummary, ServiceSummary, FirstName, LastName, Address1, Address2, City, State_FK, Country_FK, Phone, Email, Web, Consulting, Outsource, Software, BusinessServices ) VALUES ( @VendorName, @CompanySummary, @ServiceSummary, @FirstName, @LastName, @Address1, @Address2, @City, @State_FK, @Country_FK, @Phone, @Email, @Web, @Consulting, @Outsource, @Software, @BusinessServices ) RETURN
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

upload image/ file to server

..... i have a problem here......i would like to upload a file/image to the server folder.....the path is like this http://mycomcity.dd.sds/user/photo.. but it return me an error when i try to save the file like this FileUpload1.SaveAs(directory & "\photo\" & photologo) where directory = http://mycomcity.dd.sds/user but when i try to save as server.mapPath.....it does not return any error..... may i know what is the problem and how to solve it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

custom max function ?

. I'd like to write a function that I could pass mulitple integer values to and it would return the highest value. How would you go about this somebody suggested Ienumerate classand custom max function. Does anybody have a simple example. Here's how it might work. mymax(1,2,3,20,200,2,5) would return 200 mymax(2,42,4) would return 42
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Updating a join query in datagrid... error!!

i ve same prob,when joined query binded to datagridview ,when deleteing -windows application datagrid delete dynamic sql generation is not supported against multiple base tables pls
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CPU Usage

Dear Friends I have developed an accounting application which is works great Now I am on trail to make this application to execute fast/faster Here now I have noticed that the application processuses only 27% to 29% of CPU usage as it shows in task manager - performance tab How do I increase the CPU usage and limit it to max of 65%
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

WinXP requires my app to be run in Win 2000 Compliant mode

I develop apps on a Win 2000 machine using VB 5. Some users of Win XP have noted that unless they right click the app, and tell it to run in Win2000 compliant mode all they get is a "Critical" sound when the app loads, but the app never runs -- nor is it in memory. Is there something I'm doing wrong Is it because I've included some Win 2000 file as part of the install that causes this behavior I use InnoSetup to create the install file. -Bill
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Vertical Scroll Bar control

I am trying to make a button that when is clicked, my ListBox vertical scroll bar goes down slowly. While im doing this I might as well ask another question. How do you sleep Like pause a code for so many seconds and then it continues I found HorizontalScrollbar, but could not find vertical. I tried just replacing the Horizontal in the code to Vertical but that didnt work This post has been edited by y1p33y0: 20 March 2011 - 09:05 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asking MSchart

hellooo....please help me i've work with VB for my graduation requirement. I've this code and didn't work. How can i make this in MSChart Those code use y=1E-6.. How if i use value x=1E-25 and y=2x*1E-10 Thank....for ur help Private Sub Form_Load() Dim grafik(0 To 40, 1 To 2) As Single Dim i As Integer ' Compute the data values. For i = 0 To 40 grafik(i, 1) = i grafik(i, 2) = i * 0.000001 ' grafik(i, 3) = i - 1 'grafik(i, 4) = Val(i - 1) ^ 3 Next i With MSChart1 .chartType = VtChChartType2dXY .Plot.UniformAxis = False .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).CategoryScale.Auto = False .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdX).CategoryScale.Auto = False 'Setting axis limits .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdX).ValueScale.Minimum = 0 .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdX).ValueScale.Maximum = 41 .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).ValueScale.Minimum = 0 .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).ValueScale.Maximum = 0.00009 'Setting axis divisions .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdX).ValueScale.MajorDivision = 41 .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdX).ValueScale.MinorDivision = 1 .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).ValueScale.MajorDivision = 50 .Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).ValueScale.MinorDivision = 1 .ChartData = grafik End With For axisID = VtChAxisIdX To VtChAxisIdY With MSChart1.Plot.Axis(axisID, 1) .AxisTitle.VtFont.Name = "Arial" .AxisTitle.VtFont.Style = VtFontStyleBold .AxisTitle.VtFont.Size = 12 .AxisTitle.Visible = True Select Case axisID Case 0 .AxisTitle.Text = "konsentrasi x 10^23" Case 1 .AxisTitle.Text = "laju reaksi" End Select End With Next End Sub This post has been edited by f4t_her: 25 June 2009 - 04:21 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need Help With CommonDialog !

I need help with CommonDialog in VB 6.0 Some example code for Save,Font,Print etc..THANK YOU !!! This post has been edited by DaRki: 30 November 2008 - 01:37 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

terminology

When starting a new project, a form is automatically inserted into the project. There is also a place to write code associated with the form. Is that a "Form Module" It is not listed as a Module. If you add ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to do (lpt port IRQ using vb6)

Hi .... please I want someone help me to do interrupt request to parallel port using visual basic 6. my best regards.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Pig Latin

I need help to figure out how to make this code work for multiple words not just one word here is my code Dim str1stChar, strInput As String strInput = txtInput.Text str1stChar = txtInput.Text.Substring(0, 1) Dim strOutput As String = "" Select Case str1stChar.ToUpper Case "A", "E", "I", "O", "U" strOutput = (strInput.ToUpper & "WAY") Case Else strOutput = (strInput.Substring(1) & str1stChar & "AY") End Select MessageBox.Show(strOutput, "Pig Latin")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Create organization chart with ASP

There is a written application for this in the market. This is the URL: http://www.aasoftech.com Originally posted by chenp > I intend to create a web application for organization chart with ASP. > > For example. When vp click a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Object2D and anti aliasing

In comparing the image drawn by the roundrectshape to that drawn by graphics.drawroundrect, the former is unusably pixellated, in coomparison with the latter. I'd be happy to use the latter, except that it can't have a degree of transparency like ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

VB.NET--ASP.NET/ CAREER POSITION/ OH

OMNI GROUP 419-380-8853 DOT.NET@buckeye-express.com .NET/ CAREER POSITION/ OH My client is searching for a solid VB .NET developer who also has experience with ASP.NET. This person will have the ability for the conceptual design of new software applications, the evaluation ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

VB6 and File Names

I have a VB6 application which is distributed over the internet. The user can put the files in any directory of his choice. Multiple users will be using the app, and each user will have an individual directory as a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Syntax error in Update command !!!???

When I want to update an access tablerow in vb .net, I got an ' syntax error in update statement '. I've searched the internet for 2 hours right now, and I tried everything, placing names in brackets and I've ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What do I do?

I just purchased my brother's laptop from him, which he is also a RealBasic user. It currently has RB2005r4 installed with his registration information. I'm trying to uninstall it, and re-install it with my registration information; however, no matter what ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

a religion of one

a religion of one +++ [Song data auto inserted by jenny.exe at 21:01:39] +++ David Essex 'Rock On' +++ little brother and i have th same religion our own +++ i practise it i make th rules i break them ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with Tab or Enter Key

, I have 5 text boxes on a form which I need to use the Enter Key to move from one to the other, instead of the Tab Key. Can any one help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scripting Problem-Help?

First of all I am not a programmer by any stretch. A friend wrote this script for me years ago and it always served my needs. Now that I have moved on to another company, I need some help changing ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

in VB how can i write something equvalent to sql's IN

In code behind i would like to write something equivalent to sql "IN". Like "WHERE id IN ('1','2','3')..." But I would like to do this for a variable in VB. Like "If string IN ('1','2','3') Then..." How do I achieve that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Visual Basic 4 code import problem...

I hope that you can help me wit this one please and apologies if i'm in the wrong forum! I recently bought a book that contaiend a CD-ROM of very useful Visual Basic algoritms. Now these algoritms are written ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Cash Drover / Customer Display

How to write code for 1-Cash Drover opening 2-Customer Display massage in vb6 please help me... MOD EDIT: Topic closed for violating the rules.[rules][/rules] This post has been edited by JackOfTrades: 17 September 2010 - 04:50 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with queries

I have this code Dim x As Integer x = InputBox("Please Enter An Employee's ID", "Employee Report") cm.CommandText = "select * from Emp where EID= " & x & "" cat.ActiveConnection = "provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0; data source=MAS.mdb" cat.Views.Delete "Emp_query" cat.Views.Append "Emp_query", cm CrystalReport1.DataFiles(0) = App.Path & "\MAS.mdb" CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\Reports\all.rpt" CrystalReport1.WindowState = crptNormal CrystalReport1.Action = 1 when I execute it for the first time it works but after that it gives the error : " Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal" when I check the db I find the query there How can it be possible it is not seen by vb
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Object variable or with block not set

I am getting the error 5B Object variable or With block variable not set. Code is: Private Sub tagGroupTrigger_Change(ByVal TagNames As IGOMStringList) ' This function is called once a second since we are monitoring the change event of tag "system\Second". On Error GoTo errHandler Dim Screen As Object Set Screen = Application.ActiveDisplay Select Case Screen And according to screen name have some message to be displayed.Also have included error hadler in my original code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

school registration system

How to make school registration design and system
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Pay Roll program

Private Sub calcButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles calcButton.Click Dim taxExemption As Double Dim typeOfPay As String Dim grossPay As Double Dim federalTax As Double Dim stateTax As Double Dim socialSecTax As Double Dim netPay As Double Dim deduction As Double 'Grand Total variables Dim grandTotalGrossPay As Double Dim grandTotalFederalTax As Double Dim grandTotalStateTax As Double Dim grandTotalSocialSecTax As Double Dim grandTotalNetPay As Double Dim numberOfEmployee As Integer Dim isConverted As Boolean ' ==>I would like to check the nameTextBox if letters are entered 'Tax exemption check isConverted = Double.TryParse(taxExemptionTextBox.Text, taxExemption) If isConverted = True Then 'type of pay selection check '==> On the form I have name text box, tax exemption text box and type of pay combo box. I would like the user to enter this information and then loop for more employess with InputBox. till the user hit cancel. Can someone show me just the loop , the do... loop statement Else MessageBox.Show("Please re-enter tax exemption as number.", "Payroll processing program", _ MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation) End If End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

computerized quiz

hi, give me an idea on how to generate computerized quiz using visual basics nd answers of those quiz details must b stored in database(sql).. This post has been edited by mail2meena: 14 March 2010 - 02:33 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VB6

How to send email by visual basic 6
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

draw line at

How to pass value to "draw custom line at" in line chart in crystal report throuh VB
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

writing a password code in VB 6.5 for Access 2007

I am currently trying to write a code for a password box in VB 6.5 for use in my access 2007 database. I have written the code, but it tells me that there is a 'compile error: method or data member not found' in the 'Private Sub Form_Load'....I don't have much experience with VB, so any help would be appreciated! Option Explicit Dim realpassword As String Dim iChances As Integer '3 Strikes Counter [color=#FF0000]Private Sub Form_Load()[/color] realpassword = "preseli" ' Text0.[color=#FF0000]PasswordChar [/color] = "*" ' End Sub Private Sub Command10_Click() If Text1 = realpassword Then 'Check it Label1 = "Login Succeeded" ' OK Me.BackColor = vbGreen 'Just for demo purposes frmMain.Show 'Show main form Unload Me 'Hide the login dialog 'Exit Sub ' no need for this Else Label1 = "Login Failed" iChances = iChances + 1 'Another chance gone If iChances = 3 Then Unload Me ' chances gone End If End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

Clearing Combo Box

I have a Combo Box which I fill at design time and the Text property is set to blanks. I've added a button to clear the form. I would like to set the ComboBox to spaces, but the first entry shows up. Code for Designer Me.ComboBox2.DropDownStyle = System.Windows.Forms.ComboBoxStyle.DropDownList Me.ComboBox2.FormattingEnabled = True Me.ComboBox2.Items.AddRange(New Object() {"QUERY ", "QUERY/R ", "REPLY ", "ADMN "}) Me.ComboBox2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point(96, 12) Me.ComboBox2.Name = "ComboBox2" Me.ComboBox2.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(323, 21) Me.ComboBox2.TabIndex = 13 Here is the code to clear it. ComboBox2.Text = " " I tried adding a blank item, and setting the SelectedIndex to 4, but then the blank entry shows up as a choice in the drop down box. Is there a better way to clear the box
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

LOGIN ID AND PASSWORD

Option Explicit Dim Connection1 As Connection Dim command1 As Command Dim command2 As Command Public LoginSucceeded As Boolean Private Sub cmdCancel_Click() LoginSucceeded = False Unload Me End Sub Private Sub cmdOK_Click() End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() Set Connection1 = New Connection Set command1 = New Command Set command2 = New Command With Connection1 .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" .Open "C:\Demo\Database\db1.mdb" End With With command2 .ActiveConnection = Connection1 .CommandText = "select username,password from usermaster where username = ' & (txtUserName.text) & ' and password = ' & (txtPassword.text) & '" End With txtUserName.Text = "" txtPassword.Text = "" txtUserName.TabIndex = 0 End Sub ***Added code tags*** --jjsaw5
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!