Questions about vb6 compatibility

im thinking about buying a new computer, but im not sure which os to buy.
im thinking about buying a linux os since i hear windows vista has so many problems, & finding windows xp os is getting harder to find. but im a beginner vb programmer & if i get linux, i fear the programs i make and vb6 wouldnt work on linux..

so the question is, what operating systems would vb6 programs & vb6 itself work on
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:08:25 AM Total Views:  290
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

String Functions

Hi all, What is the difference between the following string comparisons\t -> String.IsNullOrEmpty(strVaue) and -> strValue == string.Empty and -> strValue == "" , 1) String.IsNullOrEmpty(strVaue) It is a function which returns a true or false value. passed string into this function if it is empty then it will return true. otherwise it will return as false 2) strValue == string.Empty and 3) strValue == "" the above two condition also works as same as first function diffrence is only that these are mannual condition used in traditional if statement. But it is always recommended to use IsNullOrEmpty function to check string is contained some data or not. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Interface Methods as Event Handlers

Interface methods seem to force you to use the 'addhandler' keyword rather than the 'handles' keyword to associate the method with an event. Is there a good explanation as to why interface methods function in this way I have been searching for a few hours and can't seem to find an interfaces tutorial that explicitly mentions interface methods being used as event handlers. My IDE likes this code: PublicClassMyClass ImplementsMyInterface PublicFunctiongetSelectionAsStringImplementsMyInterface PublicSubNew() AddHandlerMe.Load,AddressOfgetSelection EndSub But not this code: Public Class MyClass Implements MyInterface Public Function getSelection As String Implements MyInterface Handles Me.Load I suppose the fact that one works and the other doesn't is good enough to write a program, but I do find that the latter code simpler and more elegant, not knowing why something behaves this way drives me mad.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

vb.net and Cookies or Query String (or something else??)

Ok, I have searched but can't seem to find what I am looking for. Let me briefly tell you what I am doing. I have a VB.Net app that has a webbrowser component. I also have a panel of buttons that send navigation strings to the wb. For example: User clicks the nice flashy VB button on a panel that reads "View Claim" and VB then takes some values and does: wb.navigate("http://blahblah.comid=555") The 555 is from another text box in VB. This works just fine. The problem is when I want to do it in reverse. For example, in ASP, I list a bunch of record IDs and when the user clicks them (in the WB), i want VB to either grab a query string (of "555") or maybe a cookie so that I can update text boxes. Hope I am making sense. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

How to translate this code(array) from C# to VB.NET?

FbParameter[]parameters={newFbParameter("@NAME",FbType.VarChar), newFbParameter("@EMAIL",FbType.VarChar), newFbParameter("@ACTIVATED",FbType.Char)}; parameters[0].Value=Server.HtmlEncode(txtName.Text); parameters[1].Value=Server.HtmlEncode(txtEmail.Text); parameters[2].Value=cboActivated.SelectedItem.Value; I tried to convert it but I get this error: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

How to generate a random number sequence that is non-repeating in visual basic .net ?

I am writing a matching program, and need 24 objects to randomly appear, each twice, across 48 spaces. I figured the best way for me to do this would be to assign the positions a number 1 through 48. but the problem is I can't find a way to generate a random number sequence in visual basic 9 .net I found many examples in visual basic .net but the conversion doesn't work. If not some code, many some example programs that either use a random number sequence or randomly sets the position of objects.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

System.Collections.Generic in VB.Net

, I am trying to learn more about collections/arrays in VB.Net.With an emphasisrelatedon the System.Collections.Generic class. Does anybody know any good books or videos about this topic
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

vb .net how to center child forms

Hi , I need help centering my child forms. I use to be able to get the scaleheight and stuff in vb 6 and so some math to center my form, however i'm having difficulties here... I set the form to center of parent but that doesn't work with MDI forms apparently so does anyone have any sample code or tricks/tips that I can use. -rjp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Sending Email to a group address within Domain

I am trying to send out emails using my VB.Net Application to a Group. The Group name is like " Admins" my domain is like "mycompany.com". Now to send out an email to the group from my Lotus Notes Client, I use just " Admins" and the email runs fine. Also from my Lotus Notes Client if I send an email at .Admins@aexp.com, the email runs fine. But the problem appears when I try to use the Application to send emails. If I use only " Admins" then the CDO error comes(this I understand), so to avoid this I use the id as ".Admins@mycompany.com", but I recieve the email back at the From Address Specified in the Mail saying the "Delivery Failue:Enhanced Mail System Status Code (RFC1893): 5.1.1". Though the mail is working fine if I specify persons Id like mike.d.rout@mycompany.com. It would be great help if somebody can lead me to the problem/resolution.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Problem in DateTime String ???

Hi y'all, I think I have a problem in my code. I have text box that accept Date and I store the date that user have entered in a variable called txDateStart, in the code it look like this: Dim txDateStartval as DateTime = CDate(txtAccDateStart.Text) You see I wanna make that textbox becomes like this "" when the user doesn't fill anything. The Problem is when I debugged the code ot still accept #12:00 AM# or #1/1/1# or something like that, how can I just make it to this "" or just empty. I already tried this one but it gave me nothing but just error and exceptions. \t\t\t If CDate(txtAccDateStart.Text) = String.Empty Then \t\t\t\t\t txDateStartval = CDate("") \t\t\t Else \t\t\t\t\t txDateStartval = txDateStart \t\t\t End If Can you dudes tell me how to make it right, please anykinds of help I would appreciate it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Dynamic property created class

Hi I am using System.Collections.Generic List. I created new class Dim oneList As List(Of one) class one Dim str_UserName As String Public Property UserName() As String Get Return str_UserName End Get Set(ByVal value As String) str_UserName = value End Set End Property End class oneList.Add(New Reports.one With {.UserName="Test" }) it working fine. but i want "UserName" in "ONE" class property created dynamic. it is possible or any other method please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Urgent - Upload to Memory Stream / Delete Uploaded File

Hi , See the code below please Try File1.PostedFile.SaveAs(SaveLocation) Response.Write(fn&"hasbeenuploaded.") CatchExcAsException Response.Write("Error:"&Exc.Message) EndTry Else Response.Write("Pleaseselectafiletoupload.") EndIf obtained from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspxscid=kb;ko;323245 Ok File is uploaded no problem except that I had to permit ASP.NET & IIS_WPG Account as Full access to this folder. My Question here is that instead of uploading this file there Can I read and place it in a memory stream If so can someone please tell me what will be the code modification for that, I tried few things but they didn't work. 2nd question that the way I can upload a file can I delete the uploaded file too If so how to do that. 3rd Can I create a folder inside a remote folder on server Reason for asking all above is that I have to ask user what are the files he wants to send as attachment. After I had uploaded file I tried to give the sever path to attach it as: msgObj.Attachments.Add("http://localhost/VBNetUpload/Data/AirlinersNetPhotoID051295.jpg") but got this error: File IO error: Error opening file: http://localhost/VBNetUpload/Data/AirlinersNetPhotoID051295.jpg I can add a memory stream also instead of giving this path and this way it may work quite nice. It will be very much appreciated if some one can help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any Reason to ever Deserialize a Byte Array?

I have inherited some codewith a function that looks to Deserialize a Byte array that does not workwith even simple arrays eg {1,2,3,4} it error out with "End of Stream encountered before parsing was completed" Apart from the fact that it should work, I don't seehow this doesanythinguseful since all it seems to do is turn a byte array into an object. Before I delete it, am I missing something code is below
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Shadows keyword and reflection

Ok I have a bit of a problem here with member shadowing and reflection. Basically I have a base class that defines Id. I have another class that shadows this property since Id is of different type. Now when I get a PropertyInfo for Id using reflection and SetValue it does not set it. I can see program going into a setter method and assigning correct value to shadowed member but change is not reflection in the value of the member. What is going on here. For example, here are two classes. PublicMustInheritClassBase Private_isNewAsBoolean Private_idAsInteger Private_uniqueIdAsString Private_isDirtyAsBoolean PublicSubNew() _id=Null.NullInteger _uniqueId=Guid.NewGuid.ToString _isNew=True EndSub PublicReadOnlyPropertyIsNew()AsBoolean Get Return_isNew EndGet EndProperty PublicPropertyId()AsInteger Get Return_id EndGet Set(ByValValueAsInteger) _id=Value _isNew=False EndSet EndProperty PublicReadOnlyPropertyUniqueId()AsString Get Return_uniqueId EndGet EndProperty PublicReadOnlyPropertyIsDirty()AsBoolean Get Return_isDirty EndGet EndProperty ProtectedSubMakeDirty() _isDirty=True EndSub EndClass and here is the class that shadows id. Reason for this is that some of the classes have and id of different type (String vs. Integer) Public Class StateInfo : Inherits Base Private _name As String Private _id As String Private _isNew As Boolean Private _uniqueid As String Public Sub New() _id = Null.NullString _uniqueid = Guid.NewGuid.ToString _isNew = True End Sub Public Shadows ReadOnly Property IsNew() Get Return _isNew End Get End Property Public Shadows Property Id() As String Get Return _id End Get Set(ByVal Value As String) _id = Value _isNew = False End Set End Property Public Property Name() Get Return _name End Get Set(ByVal Value) _name = Value MyBase.MakeDirty() End Set End Property End Class This line of code goes to a correct property setter method for shadowed member but value does not change, it stays as (Null.NullInteger = -1) CType(objProperties(intProperty), PropertyInfo).SetValue(objObject, dr.GetValue(arrOrdinals(intProperty)), Nothing) I verified that part CType(objProperties(intProperty), PropertyInfo) refers to correct PropertyInfo, and that Propertytype is string. Follwing part dr.GetValue(arrOrdinals(intProperty)) has value of for example "IN" for indiana. Code goes to correct property setter and assigns value to _id of "IN" but value in the "Watch" window stays set to -1 which is the value from the base Id of NullInteger. Can anybody help me understand what is going on. I tried also changeing _id in derived class to _sid but it still does not work.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Calling another program in vb.net

I have a console application that I am trying to call using a button onlick in vb.net.. but it's not working for me.. Does anyone have an example that I can look at
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

show either pics or text in the toolbar

Hi all, Do you know of any way to show a pic or some in the toolbar something like spotlight I was told. Can it actually be done by using RealBasic according to many this can be accomplished quite easy by using cocoa. However I'd like to get it done thru RB.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Import Access Record into Word

I would like to link a record (from different tables) from access into word. f.e.: Table 1: Nationality Table 2: FirstName, LastName I've searched on google and I found an answer. Opening the worddocuments is no problem but I can't insert the record. In the answer, there was mentionned to insert "bookmarks" in the worddocument (how can I insert a bookmark: is it insert - bookmark - bookmarkname\t) When I do it this way, I can't execute the code below: (...) Dim bm As Word.Bookmark \t ... \t Select Case bm.Name Case "firstname" bm.Name = Me.firstname Case "lastname" bm.Name = Me.lastname Case "nationality" bm.Name = Me.nationality End Select (...) Can someone please send me some suggestions or an other possiblity to import an accessrecord into word. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

scroll in frame

i have a frame, where i can add controls in at runtime. but he frame has an end so (on my project) after adding 13 controls thecontrols aren't visible anymore becouse they get placed out of the frames edges. is there a way to place a scrolbar into the frame kind regards Maarten
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Access and DAO

I have to open a Access database from a VB application. > If the access file is with password and user i can't open it. > What i have to put in the \t\t\t\t\t in the code following > Can ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

someone is crashing my app!

Hi I have developed a kiosk booking application using Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition, the application is running on windows XP .NET runtime 2. One of the end users is able to terminate the application but I am not sure ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Convert text to double

I want to convert a value in a text propertie to a double. I can use CDbl(grid1.text) for this, but the problem is that some text properties are empty and when they are the code give errors. Is there ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Banking Solution in Access

Hi , I am going to develop a Banking Solution for very small branches of a Bank. The branches are standalone and no remote transactions will be made i.e. only the individual branch will be under networking and there will ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Hi, I am a newbie in learning VB6.

I feel someone can help me. I am using vb6, in windows 7, 64 bit. I find that every control i use on form doesnt drag with mouse smoothly Such as button, text box, etc. Could anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Web browser "enter key" function

I'm trying to get it so when you press the enter key it go's to the URL in the text box but my code doesn't work. here is my code: Private Sub Button5_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles Button5.KeyDown If Keys.Enter Then WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text) End If End Sub I think i might need to add something but i don't know what.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Database problem

all, I have an archive database where each row contains data that really should be in separate tables. I am trying to write a program that will allow me to extract fields from the archive database an insert the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Sorry Mark nutter - There's no Hope for Your Software, But Hang In there

I am sorry Mark Nutter, there is nothing Real Softwarez can do to help you with your inept shareware and freeware. Hope you haven't quit your day job Nutter, but you hang in and keep upgrading your copy of Realbasic ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Best Visual Basic Tips & Tricks Sites

Please Visit Following Link : http://www.123coder.com/VisualBasic.htm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

ARE YOU READY TO BE RICH TODAY ?????!!!! COOOOOOL !!

START MAKING MONEY TODAY !!!!!!!!!!! COOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!!!!!! 1. Make 800,000$ in 3months!! EASY!!! Dear Friends: Greetings: I am a retired attorney. A few years ago a man came to me with a letter. He asked me to verify the fact ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bitwise

Is this VB code : strBuff = strBuff & Chr(c And &HFF) The same as this RB code strBuff = strBuff + Chr(Bitwise.BitAnd(c, &HFF)) I think it is but I'm pulling my hair out with a function of ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how can i build this critical NOT IN query

i am developing a bank application in vb 6 and sql server. i have 2 tables. one is LoanPayment and Other is LoanReceived when bank gives any loan to customer it is saved in LoanPayment Table with its name and ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Utilisateurs fran?ais ?

Bonjour ! Y a-t'il, dans ce newsgroup, des utilisateurs franais, de RealBasic @-salutations Michel Claveau ----------------------------------------------------- Hi! Is there, in this newsgroup, of the French users, RealBasic @-greetings Michel Claveau...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

referencing control on .ctl

I have a combobox on an activex ctl file, (TobulControl.ctl). I have a button on the ctl file too, and when the button is pressed, a dialog box opens. Within the code of this dialog box, I refer to this ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Ments Mentson Schielderup b. 1787 Norderhus, Lesja

hei er det noen som vet hvem foreldre til denne Mentz er Ments Mentson Schielderup b. 1787 Norderhus, Lesja, d. 04021838 + Eleonora Charlotta Fredriksd Lfstedt b. 31031799 d. 1411188 -- Steinar Olsen steinarolsentiscali.no skift ut tegnet som er feil...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Just a test

Test...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VB.NET 2.0: Problem with Thread STA Attribute. :(

Guys, I am getting this error when my application tries to show a form: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it. By googling the exception message I found that I have to set the thread apartment to STA, so I added this code into my form_load event: Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.SetApartmentState(Threading.ApartmentState.STA)But it throws the exception: Failed to set the specified COM apartment state. I did some further research and found that I need to add to the main function. I created a new module and defined my main function and set the attribute to STAThread But that did not help either and I got the first error message again. I have no idea why is this happning. BTW this happens only if I use .net Remoting library to communicate in network. I need to solve it ASAP. Can any one please help me out here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Real Software Needs to Drop the New Feedback System

Apparently the new feddback system is designed to actually hide problems because the search feature does not work. The only thing that appears to work sometimes is selected different combinations of the popupmenus, but then this is useless because who ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

REQ: VB4 decompiler

Anyone here have the VB4 decompiler
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

need help to change textbox to label

this code use textbox and what i want is to use label instead of textbox. this code will have the output of a triangle numbers any help will be appreciated Private Sub cmdTr_Click() Dim i As Long, j As Long ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Mile23.com

Has anybody here had any experience dealing with Paul Mitchum of Mile23.com Apparently, he's got a RealBasic business and posts a lot here = that's why I ask. Some jerk keeps posting my contact info on Usenet, and after a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Help With Listview

Hi am trying to data to a listview using a sub procedure but an error occurs of which i can't figure out. Here is the code Public Sub Load_myData() Dim lv As ListItem 'Dim li As Variant Dim strActive, strAct As String rsLoad.Open "Select * From Job_Card_Details", MyconnObj, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic 'On Error Resume Next 'Set lv = ListView1 'lv.ListItems.Clear If (rsLoad.RecordCount 0) Or Not (rsLoad.RecordCount = -1) Then rsLoad.MoveFirst Do While Not rsLoad.EOF Set lv = ListView1.ListItems.Add(, , rsLoad!Job_Card_No) 'error occuring at this point and so is the rest of the code. It says "Run-time error 13: Type mismatch" lv.SubItems(1) = rsLoad!Client_ID lv.SubItems(2) = rsLoad("Date_Received") lv.SubItems(3) = rsLoad("Product_Name") lv.SubItems(4) = rsLoad("Model_No") lv.SubItems(5) = rsLoad("Fault_Description") lv.SubItems(6) = rsLoad("Received_By") lv.SubItems(7) = rsLoad("Job_Done") lv.SubItems(8) = rsLoad("Attended_By") lv.SubItems(9) = rsLoad("Recommendations") lv.SubItems(10) = rsLoad("Dispatch_Date") lv.Tag = rsLoad("Job_Card_ID") rsLoad.MoveNext Loop End If ' lblRecord1.Caption = rsLoad.RecordCount & " Record(s) Found" rsLoad.Close End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Using one string to remember multiple file names

The short version is I'm trying to us a string to hold a directory path and an integer if I have multiples. Here are the basics filepath ''(Filepath is actually a string derived from another int) str1=filepath & int1 & .csv int1=int1+1 loop 'Then I go back through until "no" is pressed on the msgbox '''opening my files''' open str1 'easy enough...i don't really use open, don't worry. :)/> int1=int1-1 The last line is where my problem is. My understanding is that these should all be saved such as str1 & int1(1), str1 & int1(2). Those should all have different values and as I subtract the digits a new value(filepath) should be opened. What's really happening is I am opening the same file (last one picked) multiple times. Let me just say it's been a long day..lol.. and this is probably an easy question but I'm fried. I would really appreciate any help! As always,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

running multithreads without activex.exe

hi, is there possible running multithreads without using activex.exe Anyone know another way of doing it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Remove Bottom Listbox Item

I've been trying to improve my VB6 skills and was making a game, it keeps track of scores and has a list box to display the highscores. I wanted to limit the list box to 10 items, but can't seem to find anything that even relates to that. So I went down the RemoveItem thing. What I want to do is: If the listbox has more than 10 items then it removes the bottom item from the listbox, I wanted it to do this automatically so clicking and removing wasn't really an option. I've tried things like List1.RemoveItem List1.ListIndex(10) and it crashes. I figured the syntax was wrong so tried List1.RemoveItem List1.ListIndex = 10 but that just removes the topmost item, i've tried that with various numbers like 0, -1 etc to see if that would help, but it just removes the top item. Can anyone help me out Or atleast point me in the right direction. Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

OCR to Text

How can I convert the OCR into Text format and save it to the database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Update two related tables with one datagrid

everybody. I've the following problem. Update one table by using a datagrid works fine. Ones I will update records of two related tables by modifying datagrid cells the following error occurs. "Dynamic SQL generation is not supported against multiple base tables." Beneath you can find the code I use. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btmUpdate.Click ' Update the database with the user's changes. Me.dataAdapter.Update(CType(Me.bindingSource1.DataSource, DataTable)) End Sub Private Sub Form9_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) _ Handles Me.Load ' Bind the DataGridView to the BindingSource ' and load the data from the database. dgKlant.DataSource = Me.bindingSource1 GetData("SELECT dbo.KlantenT.KlantId, dbo.KlantenT.KlantNaam, dbo.KlantenT.KlantVoornaam, dbo.KlantenT.KlantAdres, dbo.GemeentenT.GemeentePostnummer, dbo.GemeentenT.GemeenteNaam, dbo.KlantenT.KlantTelefoon1, dbo.KlantenT.KlantTelefoon2, dbo.KlantenT.KlantGsm, dbo.KlantenT.KlantFax, dbo.KlantenT.KlantEmailAdres, dbo.KlantenT.KlantMailing, dbo.KlantenT.KlantBtwNummer, dbo.KlantenT.KlantBankrekening, dbo.KlantenT.KlantStartDatum, dbo.KlantenT.KlantFactuur, dbo.KlantenT.KlantInfo FROM dbo.KlantenT INNER JOIN dbo.GemeentenT ON dbo.KlantenT.GemeentePostnummerId = dbo.GemeentenT.GemeenteId") End Sub Private Sub GetData(ByVal selectCommand As String) Try ' Specify a connection string. Replace the given value with a ' valid connection string for a Northwind SQL Server sample ' database accessible to your system. conn.ConnectionString = BuildCnnStr("EDR-HP\SQLEXPRESS", "tMandje", "True") ' Create a new data adapter based on the specified query. Me.dataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter(selectCommand, conn.ConnectionString) ' Create a command builder to generate SQL update, insert, and ' delete commands based on selectCommand. These are used to ' update the database. Dim commandBuilder As New SqlCommandBuilder(Me.dataAdapter) ' Populate a new data table and bind it to the BindingSource. Dim table1 As New DataTable() table1.Locale = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture Me.dataAdapter.Fill(table1) bindingSource1.DataSource = table1 ' Dim table2 As New DataTable() ' table2.Locale = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture ' Me.dataAdapter.Fill(table2) ' bindingSource1.DataSource = table2 ' Resize the DataGridView columns to fit the newly loaded content. Me.dgKlant.AutoResizeColumns( _ DataGridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.CellsExceptHeader) Catch ex As SqlException MessageBox.Show("To run this example, replace the value of the " + _ "connectionString variable with a connection string that is " + _ "valid for your system.") End Try End Sub Can somebody please give a me a suggestion how to solve this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

HOw do I attach a file to a record?

Hi.....Im trying to learn how to attach a file to the form....The idea is, the user can not only add a record but will also be able to add an attachment for that particular record....lets say I would like to add an excel or word doc...this has nothing to do with sending attachments and emails and stuff like that...just attaching a file to the form... I knw this may b trivial to most of you but its a headache for me as the reference books i read offered no such help and online research dun offer much clarity.Most of the results of my search are about sending and receiving attahments through email.Is it possible to put in attachments on the fields in datagrid tooCan anyone help poor me I used an ADO data control and a datagrid on my form...... (",) Is it possible for me to attach my codes to my post for your review
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb database

please send me a very basic idea how to add and delete from ms access database. Please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

LAN with Mysql database

plz help me\tplzi cant connect with my database.the databae is mysql..the client cant read the database when i run the program in the client side.plz help me this is for my project.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VB6 Internet

helloo, im enjoy vb6 very much, and enjoy making littel web browser's using "mircosoft Internet Controls" but lately i have had the problem that the component has not been working. when i try to load this component its comes up with "file not found: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.DLL\1'" the file location shows the right place, but when i click apply the file jumps to "DLL\1" i tryed to get passed this by using browse.., so i fould the file on there clicked open but its come up as the file is not "registerable as an activeX component". hmm.. i restarted the VB6 checked that had opened a standard EXE still no good this problem had come up once, but then i reinstalled the IE7 that worked but its come up again. i wont to know, if enyone know's away round this ninja of a problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to change icon of EXE file

how to change the icon of .exe file created in vb
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!

Dreaded Run time error six "overflow"

In my mind it should have gone like this, text Box takes in integers puts them into variable called "info" and a counter would run a array to take in those numbers, Later the array would run in reverse by way of another counter and spit them out, I can put in six integers into my text box before I get hit with run time error six, the bane of my life. Debug says it starts here Option Explicit Dim info As Double Dim counter As Integer | Dim DownCounter As Integer | but I cant see whats Dim TenNum(9) As Integer | going | WRONG!!! Private Sub Command1_Click() | MsgBox "type in ten Numbers" | End Sub | | Private Sub InputBox_Change() 0 OutputBox.Print TenNum(DownCounter) DownCounter = DownCounter - 1 Wend End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th December 2012
View Replies!