Missing Feature RB 2005: Code Spliter

Previous editions of RB included a code spiter. Of course you would never know this by looking at Real Software's sleazy marketing campaign. Instead they hide the fact that this, and other features that have been removed from RB. Have ...
Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:34:44 AM Total Views:  360
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How To Display Customer Message - msflxgrd.ocx missing !

I have an application in which I am using msflxgrd.ocx refference. Once I send the standalone application to my users, some of them get this error message saying msflxgrd.ocx is missing. It can resolved by registering the msflxgrd.ocx to ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

VB programma waarbij gegevens in tabel....

Hallo, Kan mij iemand vertellen hoe ik in VB een "tabel" kan aanmaken zodat het mogelijk is om in "runtime" hier gegevens in in te geven. Deze gevens moet ik kunnen opslaan in bv een willekeurig excel bestand. Maar ik ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Bug when exporting/importing dynamic string constants in.rbl files

I've found a bug: When you export a .rbl file in "Dutch", if you re-import it it will be re-imported as "Flemish" and not "Dutch". That's crazy and really annoying. Pascal Mac OS X 10.4 REALBasic 2006...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

rb2005 console app, howto clear screen?

I've tried Print with escape control codes chr(27)+"[[2J" but not working. Any equivalent RB command to clear screen like "CLS" ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

yes another rb2005 beta user question

since its so close yet so far since theres no release date yet. if anyone can say thats using the rb2005 beta, are toolbars supported cross platform Ive heard this is the case now and am starting an app that ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Q: How can I bring up the missing buttons on Visual Basic help screens?

: O am doing some macros withing MS Word. In trying to edit the macro, I went to the visual basic editor help screens. I am getting none of the navigation buttons appear at the top of the page. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Visual Basic 2005 syntax changes and feature list

Does anyone have a link to a list of changes to the Visual Basic language in the 2005 edition What featureas and syntax changes that apply (stuff like the equivalent of the C# using statement, the My context etc.) - a complete list. I'm also looking for tutorials on new NET Framework 2.0 features using VB code, such as generics, anonymous methods, enumerators, nullable types, partial classes etc.etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

No seperate control pallet - another removed feature!

With the intorudtcion of RB2005 RS removed the ability to have the control pallet in a seperate window which you could place anywhere you wanted on the desktop. Now you are stuck with in one place and must constantly close ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Adding class modules... what am i missing?

Its bound to be something stupid... I downloaded a class module to use in my program. I hit project>> add class module and it shows up in the project explorer window. There is a function in the class called WriteBinary. ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Lost and missing Crystal Reports data (CR8.5 w CR9 viewer)

We have thick client reports developed using CR8.5 with missing records between page breaks. The deployment environment already have CR9 viewer that gets invoked by intranet ASP applications. I believe we have up-to-date patches applied for the CR8.5 and CR9 ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any must have features in R3?

Hi all, I have R2 and my subscription has run out. I thought of waiting with my next upgrade until universal binaries are supported, but are there any must have features in R3 which could persuade me to upgrade
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

The missing C++ unsigned short integer in VB6

C++ has a variable type 'unsigned short int.' I am trying to write a VB6 program that prints these out of a file made originally by C++. However, the unsigned short integer (1-65535) is not supported. Does anyone have a ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

missing semicolon at the end of sql statement....

Call Open_conn If BEdt = False Then Rs.Open "Select * from tblpayroll where EmployeeID='" + Trim(txtEmpID.Text) + " '", Cn If Rs.EOF = False Then MsgBox "Duplicate Employee ID", vbInformation, "Duplicate" Else Cn.Execute "Insert into tblpayroll values('" + Trim(txtEmpID.Text) + "', '" _ + Trim(txtfullname.Text) + "','" + Trim(cbogender.Text) + "','" _ + Trim(cbostatus.Text) + "','" + Trim(txtposition.Text) + "')'" _ + Trim(txtBs.Text) + "','" + Trim(cboEStatus.Text) + "','" _ + Trim(txtAdd.Text) + "','" + Trim(txtContact.Text) + "','" _ + Trim(txtSSS.Text) + "','" + Trim(txtTin.Text) + "','" _ + Trim(txtphil.Text) + "')"";" MsgBox "New Record Saved!", vbInformation, "Employee Info" End If Close_Conn end sub what should i do tnx in advance.... This post has been edited by modi123_1: 11 December 2011 - 06:59 PM Reason for edit:: please use code tags
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

AD group access to software features vb.net

Hi - I'm trying to figure out how I can control the access of various modules of a program, based upon Active Directory group. The program uses windows authentication to avoid login, but the user ends up having to enter his or her password a second time in order to continue. Public Function GetGroupMembership(ByVal username As String, ByVal password As String) Return GetGroups("LDAP://mycomp", username, password) End Function Private Function GetGroups(ByVal _path As String, ByVal _ username As String, ByVal password As String) As String Dim GroupString As String Dim myDE As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry(_path, _ username, password) Dim mySearcher As New DirectorySearcher(myDE) mySearcher.Filter = "sAMAccountName=" & username mySearcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("memberOf") Dim propertyCount As Integer Try Dim myresult As SearchResult = mySearcher.FindOne() propertyCount = myresult.Properties("memberOf").Count Dim dn As String Dim equalsIndex, commaIndex As String For i As Integer = 0 To propertyCount - 1 dn = myresult.Properties("memberOf")(i) equalsIndex = dn.IndexOf("=", 1) commaIndex = dn.IndexOf(",", 1) If equalsIndex = -1 Then Return Nothing End If GroupString += dn.Substring((equalsIndex + 1), _ (commaIndex - equalsIndex) - 1) & "|" Next Return GroupString Catch ex As Exception If ex.GetType Is GetType(System.NullReferenceException) Then ' Response.Write("does not have a group") Else 'Response.Write(ex.Message.ToString & ex.ToString) End If End Try End Function Public Shared Function IsUserInGroup(ByVal username As String, ByVal groupname As String) As Boolean Dim foundUser As Boolean = False Dim context As New PrincipalContext(ContextType.Domain, "mycomp.com") Dim group As GroupPrincipal group = GroupPrincipal.FindByIdentity(context, groupname) If group Is Nothing Then context.Dispose() Throw New Exception("Group could not be found: " & groupname) End If 'GetMembers(true) is recursive (groups-within-groups) For Each member As System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.Principal In group.GetMembers(True) Try If member.SamAccountName.Equals(username) Then foundUser = True End If Catch ex As Exception 'one of the members could not be retrieved, moving on... End Try Next group.Dispose() context.Dispose() Return foundUser End Function
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

http wrapper im missing something ?

I am using live headers and trying to login to a site using a program im getting this with live headers LoginID=myusername&NewPass=mypass Then im using this code to make my program post it but im missing something it says strhtml = HTTP.PostWrapper("http://asite.net/login.php" , "LoginID= " & text1.text & "&NewPass= " & text2.text & ") What am i missing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

do not know what this code is missing

Just a basic pennies to dollars, quarters, so on solution. Private Sub CalcButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CalcButton.Click Dim NumDollar As Integer Dim NumQuarter As Integer Dim NumDime As Integer Dim NumNickel As Integer Dim NumPenny As Integer 'To extract data from text box into variable Integer.TryParse(Me.TotalPenny.Text, NumPenny) 'Calculate dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies ,from total NumDollar = NumPenny \ 100 NumQuarter = NumPenny Mod 100 NumDime = NumPenny \ 10 NumNickel = NumPenny Mod 10
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb icon in taskbar is missing

I've written a VB6 program and upon execution it does not appear in the taskbar nor in in the program list when alt-tabbing. Although sometimes it does! Can somebody enlighten me (I am developing in under Vista)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Questions for getting my calc to work *missing somethign small i bet*

I made this, but I cant get my simple functions to work. The code looks right. Can someone please take a quick peek TIA Option Explicit On Option Strict On Imports System.Math Public Class Form1 Dim dblInput1 As Double Dim dblInput2 As Double Dim strOperator As String Dim strDisplay As String Dim dblDisplay As Double Dim dblResult As Double Dim strLastOperator As String Dim strInput As String Private Status As Boolean Private dec As Boolean Public Sub Calc() dblInput2 = CDbl(txtdisplay.Text) If [strOperator] = "Add" Then dblInput1 = dblInput1 + dblInput2 ElseIf [strOperator] = "Sub" Then dblInput1 = dblInput1 - dblInput2 ElseIf [strOperator] = "Mult" Then dblInput1 = dblInput1 * dblInput2 ElseIf [strOperator] = "Div" Then dblInput1 = dblInput1 / dblInput2 ElseIf [strOperator] = "Sqrt" Then Exit Sub End If txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblInput1) Status = True End Sub Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Me.txtdisplay.Text = "0" strLastOperator = Me.txtdisplay.Text End Sub Private Sub subUpdateDisplay(ByVal strInput As String) If strLastOperator = "" Then Me.txtdisplay.Text = Me.txtdisplay.Text & strInput Else Me.txtdisplay.Text = strInput End If strLastOperator = "" End Sub Private Sub btn0_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn0.Click If Status = False Then If txtdisplay.Text.Length > 0 Then txtdisplay.Text = txtdisplay.Text + CStr(0) End If End If End Sub Private Sub btn1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn1.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("1") End Sub Private Sub btn2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn2.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("2") End Sub Private Sub btn3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn3.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("3") End Sub Private Sub btn4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn4.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("4") End Sub Private Sub btn5_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn5.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("5") End Sub Private Sub btn6_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn6.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("6") End Sub Private Sub btn7_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn7.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("7") End Sub Private Sub btn8_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn8.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("8") End Sub Private Sub btn9_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn9.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("9") End Sub Private Sub btnDecimal_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnDecimal.Click If Status = False Then If dec = False Then If txtdisplay.Text.Length > 0 Then txtdisplay.Text = txtdisplay.Text + "." Else txtdisplay.Text = "0." End If dec = True End If End If End Sub Private Sub btnClear_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnClear.Click Me.txtdisplay.Text = "0" strLastOperator = Me.txtdisplay.Text Me.dblInput1 = 0 Me.dblInput2 = 0 Me.dblResult = 0 dec = False [strOperator] = "" End Sub Private Sub btnEqu_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BtnEqu.Click Try If strOperator = "-" Then dblResult = dblInput1 - dblInput2 txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) ElseIf strOperator = "+" Then dblResult = dblInput1 + dblInput2 txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) ElseIf strOperator = "*" Then dblResult = dblInput1 * dblInput2 txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) ElseIf strOperator = "/" Then dblResult = dblInput1 / dblInput2 txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) End If If txtdisplay.Text.Length 0 AndAlso dblInput1 0 Then Call subUpdateDisplay("") [strOperator] = "" dec = False End If Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter ONLY numbers" Catch When txtdisplay.Text = "" txtdisplay.Text = "Please type a number and retry" Catch When Err.Number = 11 txtdisplay.Text = "Please do not use the number 0" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" Catch txtdisplay.Text = "There seems to be some problem" End Try txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblInput1) End Sub Private Sub btnDiv_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btndiv.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("") Try If txtdisplay.Text.Length 0 Then If [strOperator] = "" Then dblInput1 = CDbl(txtdisplay.Text) txtdisplay.Text = "" Else Calc() End If [strOperator] = "Div" dec = False End If Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter a number" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnMult_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnMult.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("") Try If txtdisplay.Text.Length 0 Then If [strOperator] = "" Then dblInput1 = CDbl(txtdisplay.Text) txtdisplay.Text = "" Else Calc() End If [strOperator] = "Mult" dec = False End If Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter a number" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnSub_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnsub.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("") Try If txtdisplay.Text.Length 0 Then If [strOperator] = "" Then dblInput1 = CDbl(txtdisplay.Text) txtdisplay.Text = "" Else Calc() End If [strOperator] = "Sub" dec = False End If Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter a number" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnAdd_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnadd.Click Call subUpdateDisplay("") Try Calc() Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter a number" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnTan_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnTan.Click Try strLastOperator = "Tan" dblDisplay = CDbl(Me.txtdisplay.Text) dblResult = Math.Tan(dblDisplay) Me.txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter ONLY numbers" Catch When Err.Number = 11 txtdisplay.Text = "Please do not use the number 0" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" Catch txtdisplay.Text = "There seems to be some problem" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnSqrt_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSqrt.Click Try strLastOperator = "sqrt" dblDisplay = CDbl(Me.txtdisplay.Text) dblResult = Math.Sqrt(dblDisplay) Me.txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter a number" Catch When txtdisplay.Text = "" txtdisplay.Text = "Please type a number and retry" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" Catch txtdisplay.Text = "There seems to be some problem" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnSqr_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSQR.Click Try strLastOperator = "sqr" dblDisplay = CDbl(Me.txtdisplay.Text) dblResult = (dblDisplay) * (dblDisplay) Me.txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter a number" Catch When Err.Number = 6 txtdisplay.Text = "Your number is too long!" Catch txtdisplay.Text = "There seems to be some problem" End Try End Sub Private Sub btnSin_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSin.Click strLastOperator = "Sin" dblDisplay = CDbl(Me.txtdisplay.Text) dblResult = Math.Sin(dblDisplay) Me.txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) End Sub Private Sub btnCos_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnCos.Click strLastOperator = "Cos" dblDisplay = CDbl(Me.txtdisplay.Text) dblResult = Math.Cos(dblDisplay) Me.txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) End Sub Private Sub btnAbs_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAbs.Click strLastOperator = "Abs" dblDisplay = CDbl(Me.txtdisplay.Text) dblResult = Math.Abs(dblDisplay) Me.txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblResult) End Sub Private Sub btnExit_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnExit.Click End End Sub Private Sub btnPlusNeg_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnPlusNeg.Click Try If Status = False Then If txtdisplay.Text.Length > 0 Then dblInput1 = -1 * CDbl(txtdisplay.Text) txtdisplay.Text = CStr(dblInput1) End If End If Catch When Err.Number = 13 txtdisplay.Text = "Please enter number before making negative" End Try End Sub End Class
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

crystal32.ocx file missing

i am getting an error loading crystal32.ocx while loading a project with crystal report. but iam having crystal report viewer 9 in my pc.why i am getting the error. anybody please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

Need Assistance with Text boxes Multi-Line feature.

! I am fairly new to programming with VB6, and would like some assistance making this program i have been working on for a few days. What this program is suppose to do is make a code using data the User puts in. example The userputs in "Fire_And_Wood" for the CmdName text box, and imputs an 4 digit id number into the id box, and then an amount in the amount box. The code should apear like this: else if (command.equalsIgnoreCase("Fire_And_Wood")) { addItem((ID), (Amount)); } Into the Codebox. The problem is the codeboxonly shows the last line of the code. Private Sub GenButton_Click() 'Add name, playerrights and message to codebox Codebox.Text = " (command.equalsIgnoreCase(" + CmdName.Text + ") && playerRights >=" + PlayerRights.Text + ")" Codebox.Text " {" Codebox.Text = " sendMessage(" + PUMessage.Text + ");" 'add items to Codebox If ID1.Text = "ID Item 1" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID1.Text + "," + IDA1.Text + ");" If ID2.Text = "ID Item 2" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID2.Text + "," + IDA2.Text + ");" End If If ID3.Text = "ID Item 3" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID3.Text + "," + IDA3.Text + ");" End If If ID4.Text = "ID Item 4" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID4.Text + "," + IDA4.Text + ");" End If If ID5.Text = "ID Item 5" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID5.Text + "," + IDA5.Text + ");" End If If ID6.Text = "ID Item 6" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID6.Text + "," + IDA6.Text + ");" End If If ID7Text = "ID Item 7" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID7.Text + "," + IDA7.Text + ");" End If If ID8.Text = "ID Item 8" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID8.Text + "," + IDA8.Text + ");" End If If ID9.Text = "ID Item 9" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID9.Text + "," + IDA9.Text + ");" End If If ID10.Text = "ID Item 10" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID10.Text + "," + IDA10.Text + ");" End If If ID11.Text = "ID Item 11" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID11.Text + "," + IDA11.Text + ");" End If If ID12.Text = "ID Item 12" Then Else Codebox.Text = " addItem(" + ID12.Text + "," + IDA12.Text + ");" End If 'add message to codebox End If Codebox.Text " }" End Sub Any help to fixing this problem would be Greatly Apreciated Object This post has been edited by VB6_Guy: 27 August 2006 - 10:39 AM , You can use the constant vbNewLine to add a newline to your text field. Here is the MSDN of all the constants you can use. Codebox.Text = Codebox.Text + vbNewLine + Text here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!