Making Shadow of the Controls

i am using vb6
i want to ask a question is it possible in vb6 that
we can make coloured shadow of the control (like
text box, combobox etc)

i had use a picture to make shadow by bringing
pictures back of the control and resiging it a lit bit
bigger than the control (it than look like a shadow otf the control )but its take a lot of time
to make shadow of the control.

is there any fast way to do it

Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:14:50 AM Total Views:  361
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

problems with an IF THEN statement

Hi the code below shows an if statement that is determining a customer type and a discount percent for that customer. But whenI run the code it only ever reads the first discount percent even though the allocated price range is above the first discount percents rangeand should therefore give the second discountpercent and i cant figure out why it is not using the second discount percent in any of the bronze, silver or gold statements. any help with this would be great. PrivateSubbtnPrice_Click(ByValsenderAsSystem.Object,ByValeAsSystem.EventArgs)HandlesbtnDiscount.Click DimcustomerTypeAsString="" DimpriceAsDecimal DimdiscountPercentAsDecimal Me.AvaliableDiscount(price,discountPercent) EndSub PrivateSubAvaliableDiscount(ByValpriceAsDecimal,ByValdiscountPercentAsDecimal) txtBeforeDiscount.Text=txtCarPrice.Text IftxtCustomerType.Text="Bronze"OrtxtCustomerType.Text="bronze"Then Ifprice>=5000Orprice=10000Then discountPercent=0.1D Else discountPercent=0D EndIf EndIf IftxtCustomerType.Text="Sliver"OrtxtCustomerType.Text="silver"Then Ifprice>=5000Orprice=10000Then discountPercent=0.15D Else discountPercent=0D EndIf EndIf IftxtCustomerType.Text="Gold"OrtxtCustomerType.Text="gold"Then Ifprice>=5000Orprice=10000Then discountPercent=0.2D Else discountPercent=0D EndIf EndIf DimdiscountAmountAsDecimal=CDec(CDbl(txtBeforeDiscount.Text)*discountPercent) DimendPriceAsDecimal=CDec(CDbl(txtBeforeDiscount.Text)-discountAmount) txtDiscountPercent.Text=(FormatPercent(discountPercent,1)) txtDiscountAmount.Text=FormatCurrency(discountAmount) txtTotalPrice.Text=FormatCurrency(endPrice) EndSub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Determining How Many Parameters Passed

Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am trying to better understand the concept of overloading a method. Is there a way to determine how many parameters are passed to a particular method within a class adn what types of data they are\t For example, lets say that a method is created with: Public Sub New() Now the overloaded version is: Public Overloads New (By Val Param1, By Val Param2) How does the class determine whether two parameters or none were passed and how are these parameters processed\t Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

convert from c# to vb

The line of code below works in c# \t// create table to hold controls \tTable table = new Table(); when i convert it to vb \t' create table to hold controls \tDim Table As Table = New Table() i get an error (error msg: not accessible b/c its private) ...does anyone know what i am doing worng \t thnaks
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

web control in Response.Write

I am fairly new to vb.net so any help is greatly appreciated. I am trying to get a submit button in the form of a web control instead of an html element. But this button will not be displayed when the page loads, it is displayed depending on the choice the user makes. I have tried this piece of code to no avail: Response.Write("") Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Get Hardware Info Using Vb.net

I dont think that i can do that using My.Computer.Info Method... Any Suggestions e.g CPU: Dual Core E8500 GPU: Nvidia 280GTX .... This post has been edited by Backtracker: 24 December 2008 - 04:51 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Array's Problem

HI I am new to vb 6 and programing ,My question is how to transfer values in one array to another array. And another i want sort numbers from one array and result preserve in second array after that the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

getnextwindow help

i just posed asking about getnextwindow...i was able to find it but have another problem pwin = GetWinByClass(Text2.Text) bwin = FindWindowEx(pwin, ByVal 0&, Text5.Text, Text7.Text) nwin = GetNextWindow(bwin, GW_HWNDNEXT) Text6.Text = nwin errors with overflow text2.text = parent window text5.text ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with VB.NET

Where can I go to get help with VB .NET Is there a separate newsgroup for VB .NET I want a VB .Net proggy to play a brief sound file. Nothing on the screen, just play and quit.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Help With Assigning null vaules to a textbox

In my program I have a list of textboxes that you put numbers in and the program adds them. How can I make it so that when nothing is in the textbox and you click add it adds the box ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

Any method to check if a file is locked via Visual Basic?

I have a visual basic program that will mirror (copy) my outlook.pst to another location on my hard drive. It first closes outlook to release the locked file. However, outlook.pst remains locked for 10-20 seconds after outlook closes and causes ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

webcam image capture

hi, i need some help. im doing a project right now for the incoming and outgoing visitor for a client. this will store pertinent info on the visitor coming in. i had already developed an application for that but the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

DOM - WebBrowse - Get CLASS of TD (or other) elements?

Hi! Is there a way to determine what class (if any) is applied to a TD element I'm trying to scrape some data from a webpage. The class of each result is the data being presented in the table. (ie ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

SQL Query using textbox

Ok i seriously need help ,what i need to do is search an access database on VB.NET using a textbox i need to type in what i wantinto the textbox and search by clicking a button and have itsearch what i typed so far ive connected the database to vb using SQL ive added a data adapter and ive already got all the database in grid view This is my Query SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE (Name = '''%' + 'Textbox1.[Text]' + '%''') do i need to use Excecute reader or something like that Where am i going Wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

Popup window thru vb6.0

Hi Could you please help on some code with VB6.0 I want some thing like this: when the system time is 6:00pm one popup window should come. how to do that please let me know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

linking a form

how can i open my form2 using command button in form 1 This post has been edited by junkver: 08 September 2009 - 08:09 PM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Countdown Timer

Hi , I am very new to VB using VB6, I have gone through a basic home study tutorial to date. I need some help please. I would like to create a form that has a label box which I want to be able to enter a value of time in hours/min/sec and then I want to be able to click a command button to have this time countdown untill I click either another command button or the same one to stop the countdown, I also want to be able to show the total time that was counted down in the same format, I would also like to be able to save the running total count down into new records of my dbase (Access) for each time that I click to start/stop the countdown and get a different result. The reason for this is that I want to set a time value and then record how long I speak to someone on the phone, by clicking the start/stop command button and record the time for each call in individual records of my database. As I am self taught so far I am struggling with this and hope that one of you guru's out there can help. Thanking you in advance. R
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dividing large numbers

the object is to see if a very large numbers(6 digits and up) is divisible by the number 9 this is what i have so far Private Function divisible(str As String) As Boolean Dim str As String Do While Text1.Text 0 Left$(str, 1) = Val(str) Val(str) = Val(str) + Val(str) Loop If Val(str) Mod 9 = 0 Then Print True Else Print False End If End Function Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim str As Integer divisible = Val(str) End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

registration system

I've given an assignment on creating the registrar system but I don't know any code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SearchCriteria Question

, everybody! I'm confused as to the use of the hexidecimal &H (as it's being used below). Cany anybody shed some light on this Private Enum SearchCriteria scNeither = &H0 scClientId = &H1 scClientName = &H2 scClientCity = &H4 scClientState = &H8 scClientSIC = &H10 scClientActive = &H20 scClientEmployees = &H40 scClientOpportunity = &H80 scClientMAPOpportunity = &H80 scClientVolume = &H100 scClientProfitType = &H200 scManagingId = &H400 scManagingName = &H800 scManagingCity = &H1000 scManagingState = &H2000 scStartDate = &H4000 scConfirmed = &H8000 scConfirmedDate = &H10000 scNotifyAfterDate = &H20000 End Enum
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

convert dll to decompiled sourcecode

hi i got source code using vb decompiler i got frm frx but how can i convert DLL using converted forms source code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

multiline textbox overflow

I am having an issue with a chat client I wrote. Everything works fine, but when there are a lot of users and chatting going on, the chatbox gets full and the program runs into an error because the multiline textbox that I am using to hold the chat reaches it limit. Is there a way to catch that the textbox is about to reach it's limit and then remove like 10 or 20 lines of text so that the overflow doesn't happen
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Building functioning calculator using VB

I am having trouble getting started. I built a calculator but with two text boxes instead of one and no numbers. I want people to add their own numbers Not sure what button I should start typing my code in. Also don't know what code to use. Toshia Stark
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

i'm after a more accurate timing sytem

Hi This is my first effort in VB programming i am trying to dreate a timing sytem for running events that i manage i want to just press, say Ctrl Q in excel and the time from the start of the race is displayed i have included some code that basically does what i want but it derived using the Now(0) function and it diplays the Now(0 time in a cell then Drops down to the cell undeneath Sub NOWTIME() On Error Resume Next With Selection .Value = Now() .NumberFormat = "hh:mm:ss" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End With If Err.Number 0 Then Beep End If End Sub what i want to do is have a start time and then times as people cross the line in a sequential order down the excel sheet i hope someone can give me some clues regards robertg55 This post has been edited by Atli: 08 May 2012 - 06:08 PM Reason for edit:: Please use [code] tags when posting code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 2nd December 2012
View Replies!

Frame

How we can call the frame in another form in visual basic
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 3rd December 2012
View Replies!

Visual Basic -08 Textbox

just started here, so this is my first post But anyways, i want a textbox to display a certain word or sentance when a progressbar is in, for example, value 12. This ive been having some problem with on how to get it to work. The code to display pop ups on a certain value, just an example is: If ProgressBar1.Value = "100" Then Msgbox("Complete") The above code is the one i think you have to use, just need to know how to get it to write it in a textbox
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 23rd December 2012
View Replies!