How to transparent a RichTextbox

anybody knows how to transparent a Richtexbox\t
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:06:08 AM Total Views:  272
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

transparent form, but a non-transparent image

Clint LaFever (aka: DaVBMan) | Post Points: 5 jeff2682 Dark Mountain High (Dwarf Clan) Since 10/18/2003 Posts 34 Reputation 425 Reply Jeffrey Efflin (jeff2682) replied on 1/30/2008 8:47 AM rated by 0 users Hope this can helpCheck My Attachment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 13th October 2012
View Replies!

How to make the background of a Frame control transparent?

Laura Try to teach something to someone, and you'll learn more than you expect of yourself!Read Articles and Resources By Rock: This page contains links to several articles collected over time here at VbCity | Post Points: 5 uncletr Since 6/9/2004 Posts 553 Reputation 9,880 Reply Uncle Tr (uncletr) replied on 1/23/2007 4:17 AM rated by 0 users AnythingPurpleTransparent.zip I basically need a transparent container control which allows the "main Form1 image (or color)" to show through. I do not want the "desktop image" to show through.Is there a way to group certain controls together so if one of them moves on the screen then the other controls (which are grouped to the one being moved) will move as well ..... without using a container control at allALSO ..... I found this user control and demo project (see attached) which makes anything which is colored purple to be transparent, even frames, by taking a picture of the desktop image and using it as the background of the control. Perhaps someone who understands this can tweak it a bit to simply take the image (or color) from the "parent Form" instead of the "desktop".Also, this user control does not compensate for the background image (or color) being changed at runtime or the frame itself being resized during runtime, so the controls which have already become transparent at start up no longer can change their transparent background image. Perhaps someone can add a method which can be called during runtime to reassign the transparency to the controls (ie: apply the most current background image or color of the parent form to the controls again).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 14th October 2012
View Replies!

Can UC in transparent have BitBlt image?

If my UC has BackStyle = 1 I can BitBlt a picture onto it but if BackStyle = 0 the picture does not show yet I can load a picture onto the UC in both BackStyle modes. Any way to get a picture on the UC without loading one onto it I'm trying to find a way to make myUC have Stretch capabilities like that of an Image control but so far I have not been successful at it I tried loading the picture into an Image control on the UC but then I can't seem to copy picture from Image control to UC
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Flip and move a transparent image

Hi all., I would like to do a simple animation of a Poker card that rotates over the Y axis and then moves to a particular area of the screen (that has a backgound image). Here is an quite good example created using Flash of what I have in mind: http://englishblog.flepstudio.org/tu...rd-with-flash/ I wondering if you can give me light about how to face this out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: transparent form...!!!

did some here can make a transparent form\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Background is not transparent in the usercontrol VB6.0

I downloaded PicButton source code from the PSD, I want it to support PNG images. But the background can't transparent, if I set Backstyle = 0, IT can not be displayed on the form control, hoping to get help. sorry for my poor english.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: VB6 - What to use for transparent GIFs ?

Dear all So If I want to use a GIF with some transparent background, what control should I use Picturebox or Image And what are the seetings I've been trying with no results...(no transparency effect)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: Render PNG with a transparent colour

, I decided I'd try and make my own (very basic) version of a game (Liero Xtreme). I want my version to be able to support all the files the original game uses, with means I need to use PNG files. I found this thread, and tried out the "Using PING in Visual Basic" link. From that, I've managed to render a PNG image using: Code: Dim Token As Long Dim C As Long C = vbWhite Player(1).X = 100 Player(1).Y = 100 Player(1).Width = 32 Player(1).Height = 18 Player(1).Facing = 1 Token = InitGDIPlus Set Player(1).Skin = LoadPictureGDIPlus(App.Path & "\Skins\Default.png", , , C) FreeGDIPlus Token With Player(pNum) .Skin.Render Game.hDC, _ --(.X + (((.Facing - 1) * .Width) / 2)), --.Y, _ -(.Facing * .Width), --.Height, _ 0, .Skin.Height, _ (.Skin.Width / 21), -(.Skin.Height / 2), _ ByVal 0& End With However, I want to take this much further and I'm wondering if it's even possible. The image I'm using looks a bit like this. For a start, and this is pretty essential, I need to be able to make the pink background transparent. Secondly, ideally I'd like to be able to colour the skin according to a user-inputted RGB value. Is any of this remotely feasible, and if so, any tips
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Make a bitmap image border in toolbar transparent

, Am having a problem with the toolbar buttons in v5sp2 common controls. How do you make the regions of a bitmap button in the toolbar control transparent I am using magenta as the background color of my bitmap icon images. the issue occurs when you add manifest to project files.please check the attached.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to make transparent form with Visible controls

How to make a transparent form with Visible controls in it so that when i run it, only controls appear on the screen.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PictureBox transparent

I have module for making form transparent, i send hWnd of that form, and percent of transparency(0-255) But, I want to change transparency of PictureBox. I tried to send hWnd of picture, but without succes. Can someone suggest any ideas for this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Execute Shell/Command-line script from VB.NET

I'm using the following code to execute a command-line script, which uses imagemagick (a third-party, free, image tool) to create a watermark. (And then I run a similar command to attach the watermark to my image.) What I need, though, is to be able to receive the RESPONSE/RETURN CODE from the execution...cuz it seems to sometimes fail. Here's my code: Dim fileargs As String = "convert -size 300x200 xc:none -font Arial -pointsize 25 -kerning 1 -gravity center -fill black -annotate 330x330+0+0 ""Touchboards.com"" -fill white -annotate 330x330+2+2 ""Touchboards.com"" WATERMARK.png" \t\t\t Dim proc As New Diagnostics.Process() \t\t\t proc.StartInfo.Arguments = fileargs \t\t\t proc.StartInfo.FileName = Server.MapPath("/ProductMaintenance/Scripts/ImageMagick-6.7.1-Q16/convert.exe") \t\t\t proc.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False \t\t\t proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True \t\t\t proc.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = False \t\t\t proc.Start() So, this code usually works. But once in a while, it seems to fail. I'd really really like (NEED!) my vb.net code to know when it failed (and ideally the reason). Is there any way to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Translate a ternary operator into VB.net

I'm usually reasonably good at translating C# into VB, but I'm a bit stuck partially due to the ternary operator in this function and also because I don't fully understand what is happening with the "from x in dataSource.OfType() select 1).Sum()" bitCan anyone help me translate this I am using VS 2008 so I know that there is a VB ternary operation available to me. //Getstherowcountfromamanuallyboundsourceorfromasourceinviewstate privateint_GetSourceCount(IEnumerabledataSource) { ICollectionsource=dataSourceasICollection; returnsource!=null\t source.Count: (fromxindataSource.OfType()select1).Sum(); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Urgent Small help pls

HI , I want to compare a character with double quote and statement is somewhat like If SB.Chars(GoThroughString) = " " " Then But this one is not working so can someone pls help me on it Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Generics C# to VB.NET Problem

I am trying to convert the ExcelLibrary to VB.NET to better align it with a control set I am working on. However, after I translate the following code: publicclassBinarySearchTreeBase whereTItem:IComparable it becomes: Public Class BinarySearchTreeBase(Of TItem As IComparable(Of TItem), TTreeNode) However, in C# you apparently do not need to implement the IComparable function CompareTo in order to perform an = or != operation. In VB.NET however I am getting the following errors: "Operator = not defined for types ... and ... Anyone know how to fix this conversion for generics
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Visual Basic Compiler keeps crashing

"Microsoft (R) Visual Basic Compiler has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." This is the error message I get repeatedly when using VS 2005, and I have to restart VS. Here's some more information: AppName: devenv.exe\t\t AppVer: 8.0.50727.42\t\t AppStamp:4333e699 ModName: kernel32.dll\t\t ModVer: 5.1.2600.3119\t\t ModStamp:46239bd5 fDebug: 0\t\t\t Offset: 00012a5b Hope someone can help me. Is there some sort of patch or update or something
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Compare Custom Collection

Whats the best practice to compare two collections. Ex. You have a property that is a custom collection. When updating you would like to compare the property to its original to se what items that are deleted/update/added. Any good ways of doing this peace
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

text boxes / controls collection

hi group, I am writting an app that uses a fair number of text boxes. When the user tabs into a text box I want to select the entire text box so the user can type over what is there ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

VB Script to send email from SQL table

I have created a table in SQL pulling a bunch of information together so I can email a client when a new account is created. I Wanted to try to do this through SQL but I don't want to be using our DB to send emails out. That is why I am here. I want to create a VB script that I can set to run as a scheduled task every night which will read my SQL table and shoot an email out to anyone who matches the criteria. First, will this be easy to do using VB Second, would anyone be willing to help me out I am familiar with VB.Net but I am a noob at VB scripts. Basically this is what I want to do... Look at the table and see if there are any accounts created TODAY. I then want to pull out the new ACCOUNT NAME that was created for them. I want to pull any information stored in EMAIL1, EMAIL2, EMAIL3 and set those addresses as the RECIPIENTS. I then want to have a hard coded subject, and an HTML formatted body that can take fields out of the table and insert them into the body to make it a little more personal. I appreciate any help I can get.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 2nd December 2012
View Replies!