DataRegport in vb6

I am using DataReport in vb6.0 and i made connection using DataEnvironment add added one Command(for sql query).. but when my DataReport shows(DataReport.Show) it gives error "Invalid DataSource"

I have checked connection n other things but still i m getting this error...
plz tell me why i m getting this error.
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:07:31 AM Total Views:  207
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Re: richtextbox + vb6 + picture

is there a way to insert an image in a multiline RichTextBox in vb6 Inserting designated point without using SelStart ... (well, without moving the scrollbar)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

using winrar in vb6 with progressbar

when we use winrar in vb6 using shell command.It shows progress status in cmd.Is there any provision through which I can synchronize that progress status with progress bar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 +Access db insert into entire collum

hi i have a form with : DataGrid1 Adodc1 textbox Command2 on form load i have this code : Code: Private Sub Form_Load() Adodc1.ConnectionString = ("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & (App.Path & "\Database\data.mdb") & ";Persist Security Info=False;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=password") Adodc1.RecordSource = "Select * from phonia" Set DataGrid1.DataSource = Adodc1 End Sub i want at Private Sub Command2_Click() to insert into table phonia and colum 2008 the value of text1.text but i want to insert the value at entire collum sample : if text1.text = 2 table phonia colum1 | 2008 | mike 2 suzan 2 nick 2 george 2 clif 2 something like that. in entire colum 2008 i want to insert velue text1.text
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 display change according to user logged in

Dear Team i am creating one application using vb6 and access database i want to enable and disable some of my controls according to user logged in . how can i save the username i used to log in and how can i use it in further programming.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 to C#

i have a module in vb6 which uses a number of api's especially copybytes and so while converting it to .net(my target being c#) it produces a lot of errors.. any method of exporting the function.. shall i make a dll or something, plz suggest
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: vb6 and arduino

hi there.. i knew a little bit about programming using vb6 and the arduino.. is there anyone who can help me to combine vb6 and arduino.. i am using Arduino Duemilanove Board.. vb6 will send data via MSCOMM (the serial port) and the arduino will receive it and be used for controlling servo motors.. were going to use in in our robotics project..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Hycam2 vb6 error 429

I just made a simple program that when i clicked a command botton it will start to record ... problem is that when i clicked the botton it says "active X can't create an object" i searched the net they said that i must register the OCX/DLL ... but hycam2 don't have OCX/DLL but tlb so when i run regsvr32.exe "programfiles/hycam2/hycam2.exe" it says that it was successfully loaded but couldn't find a dll path or something.... i need to make this so that i can apply it on a different project.. please help me Y_Y
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

how to get javascript variable to my vb6 program

Hi , I have a vb6 program, using WebBrowser and javascript to implement Microsoft Bing Translator ArrayMethod. I don't know if its the right way but it did what I wanted. I question I have is how to get the js variable translations(plz see below) back to my vb program
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

finding occurence of each word in textbox using vb6 regex

.... can any help me in my project I have a text box and i want to use regex vb6 to find occurence of each word and put the result in any where special regard
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

vb6 true/false vs mysql tinyint(1)

hi... i have query which i m not sure about... eg: i have this code in VB6; Code: if temprst.Fields("Monday")= true then some action else some action end if the code will always jump to the else block no matter what value is store in the field monday... but if i change the = true to =1 then everything works correctly.. temprst is declared as ADODB.Recordset, i am using mySQL server 5.5 the Field Monday ha the data type tinyint(1) i thought that a 1 in tinyint will be treated as true in vb6
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: Uploading images in vb6

Hi! I wonder how can you upload like, a picture from a directory to your vb6 program Just like how facebook can upload from a directory into your profile. Is this possible If yes, how If no, why not
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Re: how to sovle text in webbrowser vb6

hi, is there any way to find text and solve it, and result type in text box Code: Solve This6 + 8 = i mean "6 + 8" = 14 in "solve_check" text box.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: CopyFromRecordset in openoffice and vb6

hello look at my university we are migrating to OpenOffice and I to my calculations with vb6 took a resulset and placed it in a excel with CopyFromRecordset but not how to do it in open office I have a code reference but really do not know how to emulate the CopyFromRecordset Code: Option Explicit Dim cnt As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim xlApp As Object Dim args() Dim objServiceManager As Object Dim objDesktop As Object Dim objDocument As Object Dim objHoja As Object Dim xlWb As Object Dim xlWs As Object Dim recArray As Variant Dim strDB As String Dim fldCount As Integer Dim recCount As Long Dim iCol As Integer Dim iRow As Integer Private Sub Command1_Click() strDB = "C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft office\office11\samples\Northwind.mdb" cnt.Open "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" & "Data Source=" & strDB & ";" Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset rst.Open "Select * From Orders", cnt, adOpenKeyset 'creando el calc Set objServiceManager = CreateObject("com.sun.star.ServiceManager") Set objDesktop = objServiceManager.createInstance("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop") Set objDocument = objDesktop.loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/scalc", "_blank", 0, args) '============================seleccionar una hoja =)========================================================= Set objHoja = objDocument.getSheets().getByIndex(0) Dim datos As String 'Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") 'Set xlWb = xlApp.Workbooks.Add 'Set xlWs = xlWb.Worksheets("Sheet1") 'xlApp.Visible = True 'xlApp.UserControl = True fldCount = rst.Fields.Count For iCol = 1 To fldCount Call objHoja.getCellByPosition(iCol - 1, 0).SetFormula(rst.Fields(iCol - 1).Name) Next '=================================== T_T=================================== objHoja.getCellByName("A2").CopyFromRecordset (rst) 'xlApp.Selection.CurrentRegion.Columns.AutoFit 'xlApp.Selection.CurrentRegion.Rows.AutoFit 'rst.Close 'cnt.Close 'Set rst = Nothing 'Set cnt = Nothing 'Set xlWs = Nothing 'Set xlWb = Nothing 'Set xlApp = Nothing End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() Command1.Caption = "copy from recordset" End Sub this forum was recommended by a good friend of mine and I hope to help me fix it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Print from in vb6..

Hi Friends, i have designed a form like receipt and now every time user just key in detail on this receipt from and just want to print like a receipt using Epson printer and how i do print a vbform in Epson printer\t waiting for your valuable reply.. with regards, //krish..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

connect vb6 to access db(shared)

I have a well working application in vb6 and access database...it works well on single PC, but I need to extend the same application on multiple systems, where multiple user will be accessing the same database... all systems are connected through internet. No LAN/wireless medium. can you please suggest some way to work on same desktop application where I can have the database shared across system(via Internet). I do not have much fund to migrate the system to .net or similar technology. please help me....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: call excel 2007 macro from vb6

Can someone please let me know how to call excel 2007 macro from vb6 it worked just fine for older versions of Microsoft Office, but I can't get it to work for excel 2007. the macro does work when run by itself. this is my old code (it passed 2 parameters): Set oXL = New excel.Application Set ExcelWorkBook = oXL.Workbooks.Open("xx macro.xls") oXL.Run "xx macro.xls'!addLegend", direc, RptName
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 not reading forecolor variable

. I have a form that reads an ini file and sets the label forecolors based on which color is in the ini file (e.g. vbRed vbBlue vbBlack) etc. This is set to the variable txt_color. However when I run my program, it won't compile saying type mis-match run time error '13'. I have attached the screen shot with the variables value. I cannot figure it out. I have searched this forum and the code base and couldn't find anything. Suggestions are welcome :-) Please and
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Heading formatting issue of excelsheet using vb6

i wants heading needs to be bold of first rows of the sheet.can anyone tell me how should i do it the following fields needs to come bold. COUNTRY SDAY SMONTH SYEAR L1DESCRIPTION STOREID SERIAL1 SERIAL2 PRICE QTY PRICE Code: For Each adofields In rssales.Fields osheet.Range("A1").Offset(0, i).Value = UCase(adofields.Name) i = i + 1 Next osheet.Range("A2").CopyFromRecordset rssales
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

Re: Whats a good decompiler for vb6 applications?

I made this program a while back when vb6 was the trend and I don't have the source code anymore. I'd like to get the source from the exe I have. Are there any good decompilers like that of Reflector for .NET
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: vb6 list box and combo

how to make listbox control of vb6 editable at runtime\t.... For example..if the listbox contains: A B C D. Then at runtime if we want to change B to F so that the listbox will now contain : A F C D.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: programe to work with unicode document in vb6

I need to find and replace some special Chinese characters in different document daily, how do i work with these characters without messing up the document, as vb6 does not have Unicode support initially
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: vb6 form crashing on unload in windows 7

I have a vb 6 class that works from win 95 through XP (was never tested on vista) on windows 7 it crashes I have determined it is dying on line 10 the unload, I have worked around by commenting the line out, I figure since the code is in a function it is ok since when we exit, everything goes out of scope but i need to understand why this is happening and if there are any other known bugs with windows 7 and vb6 Load frmProgress 7 frmProgress.Show 8 obj.SendFiles frmProgress 9 frmProgress.Hide 10 Unload frmProgress 11 Set frmProgress = Nothing Exit Function
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: vb6 Problem with If Statement

I am trying to setfocus on txtISBN.text when the search button is clicked and there is no value in textISBN, txtTitle, txtAuthorName but the problem is that when the search button is clicked the messagebox pops up and when you close the messagebox instead of seting focus so the user will enter a value it starts the data base search. Here is my code. Thank you for your time HTML Code: Private Sub CmdSearch_Click() If (txtISBN.Text = "" And txtTitle.Text = "") And (txtAuthorName.Text = "") Then MsgBox ("Enter ISBN, Title or Authors'name to continue") txtISBN.SetFocus Else ' do nothing End If IntISBN = Val(txtISBN.Text) ''Open a database connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Dim ad As ADODB.Connection Set ad = New ADODB.Connection ad.Provider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" 'Data Source connection ad.ConnectionString = "Data Source=C:\VersityBookStoreDesign\versitybookstoreMdb.accdb" ad.Open 'Test connection If ad.State = adStateOpen Then MsgBox "Good connection" Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset 'use SQL statement to open the recordset 'StrSQL = "select CompanyName, Address1, City, State, Phone, Zip,Fax FROM CompanyInfoTbl where SSN=" & IntSSN StrSQL = "select P.ISBN, P.Title, P.AuthorName," & _ " from BookInforTbl P," & _ " where P.pISBN = C.CISBN and C.ISBN=" & IntISBN rs.Open StrSQL, ad, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText If Not rs.BOF And Not rs.EOF Then 'do suff with recordset ' Get the value from the recordset 'txtISBN.Text = rs.Fields("ISBN").Value txtTitle.Text = rs.Fields("Title").Value txtAuthorName.Text = rs.Fields("AuthorName").Value End If End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

convert this code to vb6?

Code: unsigned char dane[1024]; DWORD LEN = 1024; HCRYPTPROV hProvider = NULL; HCRYPTHASH hHash = NULL; HCRYPTKEY hKey = NULL; BOOL bRes; DWORD ddLen = LEN; bRes = CryptAcquireContext( &hProvider, NULL, MS_DEF_PROV, 1, 0xF0000000 ); bRes = CryptCreateHash( hProvider, CALG_MD5, NULL, NULL, &hHash ); bRes = CryptHashData( hHash, (BYTE *) "1111", 4, NULL ); bRes = CryptDeriveKey( hProvider, CALG_RC4, hHash, CRYPT_CREATE_SALT, &hKey); bRes = CryptDestroyHash( hHash ); bRes = CryptDecrypt( hKey, NULL, FALSE, NULL, dane, &LEN ); bRes = CryptDestroyKey( hKey ); i have no idea what language its written in, but i know what it does and i have tried a program that contains this code, and it seems to do its job perfectly.. what it does is decrypt, and well i want to be able to use the same encryption as this one, can someone help me with this edit: i believe this code is written in c++ but, i'm not sure..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to run vb6 applications in mac operating system

I made a software but it does not work on mac How will I make a vb6 application run on Mac operating system
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 and windows vista and 7 compatibilty.

hi, I made a sound recorder app from sources obtained from planetsource and came up with a pretty good result. It works fine on the win7 comp i made it. But a friend of mine whom i provided this said that it doesnt detect the audio input devices properly on windows vista and 7 and also even when it does, it doesnt record the sound from the pc speakers. Im tired and cant think of a solution to the issue. Is there any known problem with api's\t Also those having vista and 7 please evaluate it and post your feedback.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: vb6 class libraries

This might sound like a bit of a daft question, but is it possible to write class libraries in vb6 that provide entries in the easy-code drop downs I have tried using activex dll's and also writing as windows dll's. I don't want to have to declare the function on each application, I would rather have it as a reference.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

issue losing open key in vb6 application

Please forgive me if I have put this in the wrong location or am not as clear as I could be. I am new to both vb6 and data encryption issues. So here goes.... I am maintaining a vb6 call center application. When the application initializes we run a sp to open the symmetric key OPEN SYMMETRIC KEY CustomerDataKey DECRYPTION BY CERTIFICATE CustomerDataCertificate Something is happening during the enrollment process that we are losing the ability to decrypt the data. When the newly enrolled customer is refreshed back on the customer form, the data that is stored as encrypted in our database is showing up as "infosec". I have been reseaching this for quite some time and cannot figure out what is happening. Has anybody ever ran into this that can point me in a direction so that it can be resolved
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with charset in vb6

Hi! I'm having a problem with charsets in vb6. I'm reading a tab separated text file into a Msflexgrid. If I edit the text file with notepad the text fields who have accented vowels looks fine , , , , and ther capitals , , , , . The problem arises when a line of this file is read using line input statemente into a string variable and then added to the grid with Msflexgrid1.additem strVar. the accented vowels are changed into other chars, some of them are replaced by two chars. Any hint to look at
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

can vb6 app communicate with html/web app

i use CVMichael proved program to create a simple server. what i want to do is: someone connect to the server by other machine eg PC/smart phone through internet. and the server would display a webpage with several button, when the button is press, the server can give response. as i had make a program use vb6, is there any way can let this program present on the webpage/ can html can communicate with this vb program.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 + WebBrowser + Wait until page is funny loaded

I've been working on a program using a webbrowser, and need to wait until the page is fully loaded before starting the next set of commands. How can I accomplish this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

handeling a csv file with vb6

i have a csv file of a username and password list . i would like to write a code that tells the user to enter his/her username and password and if they are not on the list a msgbox appears that says they are not allowed to access the program and then the program terminates. the problem is that i know how to open a file with showopen method of the commondialogbox which asks the user to select a file. but is there a way to load the file automatically when the program starts 2)how can i check that the user has enterd a correct username and password do i need to go line after line in the CSV file untill it finds the username and password how do i do that many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 skins and items

hello there , school started and no time for playing , xD when i add a skin to my project some items wont show like windowsmediaplayer1 i don't know why and something else where can i download Package & Deployment Wizard because he don't work to x(
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Find a Position by geting value from database in vb6

Hi How can I get position of a student by getting values from database and calculate the position of student through obtained marks.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Experts and advanced vb6 programmers i need help

please i need a program for messaging where you send a message to the server through a client and the server will be able to display the mail and know the date and time it was send... i will also be Glad if it can be attachment enabled.... Not a chat!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: open an exe in vb6

when I double click a button and add the comment : frmblah.show then close window and run the app and press button it opens blah, but when I have a built exe built seperate from another vb6 app, when do i place behind the button to run the exe file Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 polyline help needed

hi i am developing a vector graphics application in vb6 which uses the windows api polyline and polygon to create a freehand drawing. i need some api function (if exists) that when called fills some color between 2 intersecting polylines. Also any help regarding physically erasing these polylines is highly appreciated. thanx in advance regards, Smita
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 and octave

I am pretty new with visual basic, but I should upgrade one project so that there exist communication between vb6 and octve. Visual basic program generates some data for example once in a second, that data should be transferred to octve where the analysis part is done (some basic function fitting) and the results should be return to vb again. Any idea or hint would be really useful. I've tried with shell, but I don't think it's really smart to start octave from beginning every time. Also, I've heard that in vb.net there are some good options whit pipes Hope someone is going to be interested to help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: how can change form icon in vb6

how can change form icon in vb6 please tell me the code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hijri Calendar control in vb6.0

Hi Can any one guide me how to get hijri date control in vbform
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: vb6 Webbrowser not opening popup

Here's the problem I'm having: I've built an automated browser to access our company database. It works quite well, except for a single function on the search pages. On those particular pages, there's an icon to bring up a datepicker (which is written in javascript). When you click on the datepicker icon, it's supposed to popup a new window, then close it automatically after you select a date. It appears to try to open it, but you never actually see it open. I don't have any control over the website I'm trying to access, so I have to either make their datepicker work, or possibly to intercept the click on the icon and substitute my own. I'm thinking it's probably some simple but obscure parameter setting that I'm overlooking (at least I hope that's all it is). I've done a lot of searching, and have found code to disable popups, but that's about all. I've tried trapping the newwindow event and telling it cancel=false (which in theory should let the window open) but it's still not functioning properly.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: Open and Close vb6 IDE

If I stop the running program by clicking stop button, why the exception error arise if I click F5 or Ctrl F5 to restart the program I have to close the IDE and bring up it again, it does waste time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Excel help in vb6

I have a program where I import a "CSV" file into excel. I then save it to a "XLS" file and open it with msflexgrid. After saving it to the "XLS" file I manually open it in excel to check it. In one column some of the entry's are text and 3 of them are only numbers. The three columns with only numbers are right justified. (Standard for Excel). However when I read them in the msflexgrid it deletes the numbers. I can't format the cell in Excel as it won't carry it to the msflexgrid and actually gives me an error. Why won't it read them \t\t Please help me before I snap
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Disable Alt-F4 for my program vb6

How can I trap/disable Alt-F4 for MY vb program. I don't want to disable it for all programs, just mine.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Code to activate an opened windows application using vb6 code

I am trying to activate another windows application using VB6 code. For this I used following function: Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal nCmdShow As Long) As Long Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long but unable to proceed further. I need to write code using the above functions to activate windows application. CAn anyone help me with the code for the above functions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 app in terminal services remote desktop error

Dear I have a VB6 app using MS Access2003 database ODBC connection in Windows Server 2008 my connection string is simple ODBC-- DSN=hotel -- using Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb) using admin user - i can run all forms on windows server 2003 successfully using other users - i get "permission denied error 70" I have 2 problems, 1- cannot use software in terminal services using remote desktop to server @Windows Server 2008 i have 10 machines connected using Remote desktop for a limited user, >> permission denied if i cange the limited user to admin >> things work but ONLY FOR THAT USER! ALL OTHER USERS THEN HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE SOFTWARE, some exit, some cannot fetch data, etc. 2- "permission denied error 70" to solve this if i make user member of admin users, all things work! but ideally it is not correct to have all admins so is there anything i need to change in software/database So what could be the cause vb6 coding or database Please help .... it is very important for me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Re: will a vb6 program run from dos

will a vb6 program run from dos prompt i mean like edit.com runs from prompt do i need something different
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you end a visual basic program???

I'm having intermittent problems where I can't delete my VB6 executable. If I try to compile, VB6 says it can't overwrite the old executable file. XPSP2 can't delete the file, but I can copy another (completely different file renamed the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!