[VB CCE] Displaying Using Tab

'@
This post has been edited by snoopeh: 23 November 2007 - 09:12 AM
Posted On: Monday 24th of December 2012 01:13:31 AM Total Views:  336
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Visual Basic PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

ping via vbs?

!I don't know whether this is the right thread...There's a task to write a lil tool wich pings an IP."no prob", I thought.Then suddenly there came the "quest" to do that out of the MS-IE!Do you have ideas how to beginperhaps via VB-Script/JScriptis that possibleor is it possible to execute a .exe in context of an html-page/IE!Please show me your ideas! :))thx i.a. Wu:rolleyes:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

how to set my vb net 2005 connection to access without insert coding

how to set my vb net 2005 connection to access without insert coding, like vb 6 i can set ny adodc control to connect to access database without inserting some coding, and how to write add data coding, edit,delete, cancel and close button coding
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to set my vb net 2005 connection to access without insert coding

how to set my vb net 2005 connection to access without insert coding, like vb 6 i can set ny adodc control to connect to access database without inserting some coding, and how to write add data coding, edit,delete, cancel and close button coding
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb.net2005

I am working on a project. There I have some problemsI want to merge two Menus in each other and similarly I want to merge two toolbars with each other.I am using VB.NET 2005My project has two formsForm1 contains MenuStrip1 and ToolStrip1.Form2 contains MenuStrip2 and ToolStrip2.In Design phase my program is as below:MenuStrip1- Form1File------\t Open, ExitToolStrip1 (Form1) contains only one button OpenMenuStrip2- Form2File------\t Save, Close, Close , PrintToolStrip2 (Form2) contains only one button SaveDuring RunTimeWhen I don\tt load any image in my program then it should be as belowMenuStrip1- Form1File------\t Open, ExitToolStrip1 (Form1) contains only one button OpenAfter loading the image in Form2 it should be as belowMenus should merge with each other as belowFile------\t Open, Save, Close, Close , Print, ExitButtons of both Toolbars (ToolStrip1 and ToolStrip2) should merge with each other on main form as belowOpen, SavePlz kindly tell me how I can do that in vb.net200
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Console App just drawing a blank. Help.

I just need to do a simple procedure: I think if i do a SwitchInts which basically Receives two integers as parameters and switches their values. For instance, after the following code has run: x =5 y=13 Call SwitchInts(x, y) 'x and y are passed down as arguments then x=13 and y=5. just something simple that would do this. Thank you very much in advance...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

Translate C# to VB

This is an example in C# I just can't seem to get right in VB. Can someone translate this for me: void Application_AuthenticateRequest (Object sender, EventArgs e) { \tHttpApplicationapp =(HttpApplication) sender;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

True Inheritance

VB.NET offers true inheritance, but VB6 does not. What is the "fundamental" behind this statement\t What is true (or full) inheritance Can someone give an example in VB6 that violates true inheritance, and prove that the same thing is not violated in VB.NET
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why can't interface implementation change return value?

I have a set of classes that all implement an interface we'll call "Interface1". In Interface1, I have a method signature basically like this: Function Retrive(ByVal ID as Integer) as Interface1 I intend to use this in each of my classes that implement this and change the parameter name and the return type. I can change the parameter name, but when I try to change the return type to a class that Implements Interface1, it doens't compile. Since the return type is guarenteed to have everything the original return type has, shouldn't it work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

I have this zip program that works nicely until I get to large files. What am I doing wrong I get a "Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow" error on: Dim zFileBuffer(zFileStream.Length - 1) As Byte ----------------------------------- Code: Dim azFileNames() As String = Directory.GetFiles(SourceFolder, "*", SearchOption.Directories) Dim objCrc32 As New Crc32() Dim zipStream As ZipOutputStream zipStream = New ZipOutputStream(File.Create(DestFile)) zipStream.SetLevel(9) Dim zFile As String For Each zFile In azFileNames Dim zFileStream As FileStream = File.OpenRead(zFile) Dim zFileBuffer(zFileStream.Length - 1) As Byte Dim strSource As Integer = SourceFolder.Length + 1 zFileStream.Read(zFileBuffer, 0, zFileBuffer.Length) Dim objZipEntry As ZipEntry = New ZipEntry(zFile.Substring(strSource)) objZipEntry.DateTime = DateTime.Now objZipEntry.Size = zFileStream.Length zFileStream.Close() objCrc32.Reset() objCrc32.Update(zFileBuffer) objZipEntry.Crc = objCrc32.Value zipStream.PutNextEntry(objZipEntry) zipStream.Write(zFileBuffer, 0, zFileBuffer.Length) Next zipStream.Finish() zipStream.Close()
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scope issue

I am having a scope issue that I can't figure out. Note: There is ton's of code inbetween but I hopefully only showed the important code. I show where the error is in the code. The error reads: 'System.SR' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'. I've tried to Dim sr outside of the getValue sub, inside the button1_click sub and still the same error. I've even tried Public Sub getValue() Sub getValue() valueName.Text = Request.Cookies("Some_Value").Value if (valueName.Text = "Value1") then Dim sr As IO.StreamReader = New System.IO.StreamReader("D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\somefile.txt") else Dim sr As IO.StreamReader = New System.IO.StreamReader("D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\someOtherFile.txt") end if End Sub Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) getValue() error ----->\t\t Do While sr.Peek() >= 0 blah blah blah End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

expression does not produce a value

Hi I have this if condition i want to write this code in one line using IIF If Me.OrgNo "" Then \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t If Me.TypeNo "" And Me.No "" Then \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Me.Update() \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Else \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Me.DeleteRecord() \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t End If \t\t\t\t\t\t\t Else \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Sav(SystemNo) \t\t\t\t\t\t\t End If here is my iif conditin IIf(MeOrgNo "", IIf(Me.TypeNo "" And Me.No "", Me.Update(), Me.DeleteOrgRecord()), Me.Save(SystemNo)) when i write this line of code , i get erro expression does not produce a value
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Finder Style Listbox

I saw a few RB apps with listboxes like the Finder sidebar Mac OS X Tiger. Any idea how to make them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Customized Create User Wizard VB Code

I am having some trouble converting some C code to VB. I am not experienced at all in C and I have little experience with VB. If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate it! C CODE: protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) { TextBox UserNameTextBox = (TextBox)CreateUserWizardStep2.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("UserName"); SqlDataSource DataSource = (SqlDataSource)CreateUserWizardStep2.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("InsertExtraInfo"); MembershipUser User = Membership.GetUser(UserNameTextBox.Text); object UserGUID = User.ProviderUserKey; DataSource.InsertParameters.Add("UserId", UserGUID.ToString()); DataSource.Insert(); } VB CODE AFTER USING A CONVERTER: Protected Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Dim UserNameTextBox As TextBox = DirectCast(CreateUserWizardStep1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("UserName"), TextBox) Dim DataSource As SqlDataSource = DirectCast(CreateUserWizardStep1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("InsertExtraInfo"), SqlDataSource) Dim User As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(UserNameTextBox.Text) Dim UserGUID As Object = User.ProviderUserKey DataSource.InsertParameters.Add("UserId", UserGUID.ToString()) DataSource.Insert() End Sub I am receiving errors in the highlighted areas; CreateUserWizardStep1 is not declared. If I change it to what it does suggest, although I do not want to change it, I get errors with the ContentTemplateContainer portion.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

who wants to be a millionaire project

Hi I got a college assignment to do to make who wants to be a millionaire game Public Class Form1 Structure question Dim question As String Dim A As String Dim b As String Dim c As String Dim d As String Dim answer As String End Structure Dim questions(14) As question Dim currentquestion As Integer = 0 Dim Prizemoney(14) As Integer Private Sub setupprizemoney() Prizemoney(0) = "100" Prizemoney(1) = "200" Prizemoney(2) = "300" Prizemoney(3) = "500" Prizemoney(4) = "1000" Prizemoney(5) = "2000" Prizemoney(6) = "4000" Prizemoney(7) = "8000" Prizemoney(8) = "16000" Prizemoney(9) = "32000" Prizemoney(10) = "54000" Prizemoney(11) = "125000" Prizemoney(12) = "250000" Prizemoney(13) = "500000" Prizemoney(14) = "1000000" End Sub Private Sub setupquestions() questions(0).question = "how many moons do we have" questions(0).A = "2" questions(0).b = "1" questions(0).c = "984" questions(0).d = "We have a moon" questions(0).answer = "1" questions(1).question = "Who was the first president of america" questions(1).A = "Kevin" questions(1).b = "George washington" questions(1).c = "Tariq Salameh" questions(1).d = "Abraham lincoln" questions(1).answer = "George washington" questions(2).question = "Who sang the song in 1974 called 'no woman no cry'" questions(2).A = "Barrack obama" questions(2).b = "Tariq Salameh" questions(2).c = "Bob Marley" questions(2).d = "Justin bieber" questions(2).answer = "Bob Marley" questions(3).question = "Am i cool" questions(3).A = "Yes" questions(3).b = "No" questions(3).c = "Chewing gum" questions(3).d = "Abraham lincoln" questions(3).answer = "Yes" questions(4).question = "Who was the first Tv chef" questions(4).A = "Franny craddock" questions(4).b = "Tony blaire" questions(4).c = "Kevin" questions(4).d = "Abraham lincoln" questions(4).answer = "Franny craddock" questions(5).question = "How old is craig" questions(5).A = "7" questions(5).b = "30" questions(5).c = "Its over 9000!" questions(5).d = "99" questions(5).answer = "Its over 9000!" questions(6).question = "Who was the first president of america" questions(6).A = "Barrack obama" questions(6).b = "George washington" questions(6).c = "George Bush" questions(6).d = "Abraham lincoln" questions(6).answer = "George washington" questions(7).question = "Who created mankind" questions(7).A = "Not sure" questions(7).b = "Maybe kevin" questions(7).c = "could be phil" questions(7).d = "Nah im sure its kevin" questions(7).answer = "Nah im sure its kevin" questions(8).question = "Where does Tariq live" questions(8).A = "Gy" questions(8).b = "Meggies" questions(8).c = "kevin" questions(8).d = "Humberstone avenue" questions(8).answer = "Gy" questions(9).question = "Who was the first president of america" questions(9).A = "kevin" questions(9).b = "kevin" questions(9).c = "kevin" questions(9).d = "George washington" questions(9).answer = "George washington" questions(10).question = "Kevin" questions(10).A = "Sleep" questions(10).b = "Cool" questions(10).c = "Hard working" questions(10).d = "Legend" questions(10).answer = "Sleep" questions(11).question = "Tariq For" questions(11).A = "Kevin" questions(11).b = "Amy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

reading text files from Nth line

I've done some research on this issue but to no avail. I'm coding a program that will read a text file that contains data values and spits out the max and min values. The program would obtain the dimensions (row & cols) from the header portion of the file, and create a loop to read values stored in the file. File will look like this, with N rows and cols as the header: ncols 50 nrows 50 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 106 106 106 106 106 ... So the question is how do I get my code to start reading the text file from the 3rd line to end of file. Here is what I have right now; it asks user for file location, and spits out max and min for the entire file, unfortunately including the crap in the header. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim Min, Max As Double Open InputBox("Enter the location of the file") For Input As #1 Min = 0 Max = 0 Line Input #1, strTextLine arrText = Split(strTextLine, " ") Min = Val(arrText(0)) Do While Not EOF(1) For i = 0 To UBound(arrText) If Min > Val(arrText(i)) Then Min = Val(arrText(i)) End If If Max < Val(arrText(i)) Then Max = Val(arrText(i)) End If Next Line Input #1, strTextLine arrText = Split(strTextLine, " ") Loop Close #1 MsgBox ("Max is: " & Max) & vbCrLf & ("Min is: " & Min) End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Updating drop down depending on selection in another drop down

I'm struggling to fill a drop down list based on user selection in another. Can't find anything related to it online I have a workbook called lookupDept containing the following table: A B == ============================== BS Business School CD Design and Technology CG Chemical Engineering CM Chemistry CO Computer Science CV Civil and Building Engineering where column A has the defined name deptCode and column B has the defined name deptName. I have a second workbook called lookupModule which contains the following table: A B C ====== ================================================== == BSA005 Organisational Behaviour BS BSA007 Skills for Study BS CGA001 Fluid Mechanics I MEng & BEng Status CG CGA002 Stagewise Processes CG CMA001 Energetics and Rates of Change CM CMA002 Structure and Reactivity in Inorganic Chemistry CM COA101 Essential Skills for Computing CO COA107 Logic and Functional Programming CO CVA001 Communication CV CVA002 Fluid Mechanics CV I'm trying to update cbo_moduleCode on my form to select a range where column A in lookupDept matches column C in lookupModule. This is the code I'm using: So if the user picks BS - Business School on the form (which is extracted from the lookupDept workbook, I want all the fields containing BS in column C of the lookupModule workbook to selected. This is the code I'm using so far: Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim c_deptCode As Range Dim c_deptName As Range Dim deptCodes As Variant Dim deptNames As Variant Dim ws_dept As Worksheet Dim ws_misc As Worksheet Set ws_dept = Worksheets("lookupDept") Set ws_misc = Worksheets("lookupMisc") ' Assign each range to an array containing the values deptCodes = Choose(1, ws_dept.Range("deptCode")) deptNames = Choose(1, ws_dept.Range("deptName")) ' Create deptcode+deptname cbo For i = 1 To ws_dept.Range("deptCode").Rows.Count CombinedName = deptCodes(i, 1) & " - " & deptNames(i, 1) cbo_deptCode.AddItem CombinedName Next i End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

CRC32 checksum

What I am trying to do (as per the advice of a previous topic) is to get a CRC32 checksum of 1800+ songs. Of the web I found out a way to get the checksum and it seems to work ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Date Error

: I have an access database that stores employee timings by date. At the same time, I have a form that queries this database. On the form I use a DTpicker to enable a user input the date for which ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Reading EPS image properties Visual Basic

I am looking for some API through which I can read EPS images and know the resolution of eps image files in visual baisc / .NET What is required to read EPS images Cheers ! conrad@emacmillan.com...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Export Excel

Hi I am trying to import data from an excel workbook/sheet into a datagrid in vb5.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

disable/enable local area connections

please send the codings in visual basic which enables or disables the local area connection status which is by entering as follows my network places->network and dial-up connection->local area network (to enable/disable a connection)...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sauvegarde sur disquette

Bonjour, Comment programmer en visual basic6 excel 2000 la sauvegarde d'un classeur sur une disquette. J'ai sur le disque D: le classeur Dpmod3.xls , que je veux sauvegarder sur une disquette. Le programme actuel qui fonctionne trs bien est crit ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VB.net CASE SELECT Statement , how to include AND && OR || in a CASE

Hi Can anyone help mes , I am comparing a value using CASE statement in VB.net , but need to have a range of values in easch CASE I want to say do someting if Value to compare is "greater than 75 and less than 90" Here is my code, any help is very much appreciated, thanks Select Case intResult \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Case Is >= 75\t ' should say greater than or equeal to 75 AND less than 90 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t e.Row.Cells(1).BackColor = Drawing.Color.Gold \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Case Is < 65 \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t e.Row.Cells(1).BackColor = Drawing.Color.Red \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Case Else \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t e.Row.Cells(1).BackColor = Drawing.Color.White \t\t\t\t\t\t\t End Select With Line numbers .... SelectCaseintResult '(greaterthanorequealto75)AND(lessthan90) CaseIs>=75ANDCaseIs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you end a visual basic program???

I'm having intermittent problems where I can't delete my VB6 executable. If I try to compile, VB6 says it can't overwrite the old executable file. XPSP2 can't delete the file, but I can copy another (completely different file renamed the ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

naming and classing not recognizing differences

well, I'm finally back to working on the rpg me and a buddy of mine are making...and I'm at a loss right now... I have created a way to make custom file names for the character's save data, and it uses both the characters username, then the word the, and then lastly the characters race all to create the file name...now for some unknown reason, no mater what race I pick, of which I only have the option of two right now, it will only write the data for the human race... and it is 11:30 at night here, and I need to get to bed...so I thought I'd just drop this code chunk here and hope that someone can figure it out for me... there are a few chunks that need to be uploaded for you to work on it though... the registration code... Option Explicit Dim username, password, password2 As String Dim strength, dextersity, agility, intelect, endurance, stamina, MaxHealth, currenthealth, mindamage, maxdamage, expneed, exphave, totalexp, magicpotency, speed As Integer Dim intf As Integer Dim log As String Dim nme As String Private Sub CMDcancel_Click() Unload Me MsgBox ("You Opted Out Of Creating An Account. Please Log In With An Existing Account") play_b4.Show End Sub Private Sub CMDplaygame_Click() Unload Me LoadGame.Show End Sub Private Sub CMDsave_Click() 'log = App.path + "\play log.txt" intf = FreeFile CI.skillpoints = 5 Stats.speciestype If Stats.CI.species = 0 Then Stats.CI.expneed = 25 Stats.CI.skillpoints = 10 Stats.CI.exphave = 0 Stats.CI.totalexp = 0 Stats.CI.expleftover = 0 Stats.CI.strength = 5 Stats.CI.endurance = 5 Stats.CI.intelect = 5 Stats.CI.dexterity = 5 Stats.CI.level = 1 Stats.CI.agility = 5 Stats.CI.speed = 1 Stats.CI.mindamage = Stats.CI.strength * 1 Stats.CI.maxdamage = Stats.CI.strength * 2 Stats.CI.MaxHealth = Stats.CI.endurance * 5 Stats.CI.health = Stats.CI.endurance * 5 Stats.CI.parry = Stats.CI.dexterity * 2 Stats.CI.turnspeed = Stats.CI.speed Stats.CI.money = 250 End If If Stats.CI.species = 1 Then Stats.CI.expneed = 25 Stats.CI.skillpoints = 10 Stats.CI.exphave = 0 Stats.CI.totalexp = 0 Stats.CI.expleftover = 0 Stats.CI.strength = 6 Stats.CI.endurance = 5 Stats.CI.intelect = 3 Stats.CI.dexterity = 6 Stats.CI.level = 1 Stats.CI.agility = 4 Stats.CI.speed = 2 Stats.CI.mindamage = Stats.CI.strength * 1 Stats.CI.maxdamage = Stats.CI.strength * 2 Stats.CI.MaxHealth = Stats.CI.endurance * 5 Stats.CI.health = Stats.CI.endurance * 5 Stats.CI.parry = Stats.CI.dexterity * 2 Stats.CI.turnspeed = Stats.CI.speed Stats.CI.money = 150 ' the rest here End If username = TXTusername.Text 'Else ' MsgBox ("Please enter a username") If TXTusername.Text "" And TXTpassword.Text "" Then If TXTpassword.Text = TXTpasswordverification.Text Then Stats.CI.charactername = username Stats.CI.password = TXTpassword.Text TXTpasswordverification.BackColor = vbWhite TXTpassword.BackColor = vbWhite ' Check1 = True fileops.save (App.path & "/" & Stats.CI.charactername & " the " & Stats.CI.speciesname & ".txt") Registration.Hide play_b4.Show Else MsgBox ("Please check and retype password") TXTpassword.Text = "" TXTpassword.BackColor = vbRed TXTpasswordverification.Text = "" TXTpasswordverification.BackColor = vbRed End If Else MsgBox ("please enter a password") TXTpassword.BackColor = vbRed TXTpassword.Text = "" TXTpasswordverification.Text = "" End If 'If Dir$(log) "" Then ' Open (log) For Input As #intf ' Do Until EOF(intf) ' Input #intf, nme ' If nme = username Then ' MsgBox ("Username already in use.") ' TXTusername.Text = "" ' TXTusername.BackColor = vbRed ' check2 = False ' End If ' Loop ' Close #intf 'Else ' If check1 = True Then ' fileops.log log, username ' check1 = False ' check2 = True ' Else ' check1 = False ' check2 = True ' End If 'End If 'If check1 = True And check2 = True Then ' fileops.log log, username 'Else ' check1 = False ' check2 = True 'End If 'shroud.encrypt (App.path & "/" & Stats.CI.charactername & " the " & Stats.CI.speciesname & ".txt") End Sub Private Sub Form_Load() 'log = App.path + "\play log.txt" 'Check1 = False 'check2 = True 'If Dir$(log) = "" Then 'CMDplaygame.Visible = False 'CMDplaygame.Enabled = False 'Else 'CMDplaygame.Visible = True 'CMDplaygame.Enabled = True 'End If End Sub Private Sub OPTclass_Click(Index As Integer) If OPTclass(Index) = 0 Then Stats.CI.species = 0 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 1 Then Stats.CI.species = 1 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 2 Then Stats.CI.species = 2 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 3 Then Stats.CI.species = 3 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 4 Then Stats.CI.species = 4 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 5 Then Stats.CI.species = 5 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 6 Then Stats.CI.species = 6 Else If OPTclass(Index) = 7 Then Stats.CI.species = 7 End If End If End If End If End If End If End If End If End Sub the save function for the game... path = App.path & "/" & Stats.CI.charactername & " the " & Stats.CI.speciesname & ".txt" intf = FreeFile Open path For Output As #intf Write #intf, Stats.CI.charactername Write #intf, Stats.CI.password 'Write #intf, Stats.CI.species Write #intf, Stats.CI.agility Write #intf, Stats.CI.dexterity Write #intf, Stats.CI.endurance Write #intf, Stats.CI.health Write #intf, Stats.CI.intelect Write #intf, Stats.CI.parry Write #intf, Stats.CI.speed Write #intf, Stats.CI.strength Write #intf, Stats.CI.totalexp Write #intf, Stats.CI.health Write #intf, Stats.CI.exphave Write #intf, Stats.CI.expleftover Write #intf, Stats.CI.expneed Write #intf, Stats.CI.level Write #intf, Stats.CI.maxdamage Write #intf, Stats.CI.MaxHealth Write #intf, Stats.CI.mindamage Write #intf, Stats.CI.skillpoints Write #intf, Stats.CI.turnspeed Close #intf and last, but not least, the load function... path = (App.path & "/" & Stats.CI.charactername & " the " & Stats.CI.speciesname & ".txt") intf = FreeFile x = 0 'shroud.decrypt (path) Open path For Input As #intf Input #intf, name Input #intf, pass Do Until EOF(intf) Input #intf, temp If temp = name Or temp = pass Then temp = "" Else x = x + 1 For c = 1 To Len(temp) letter = Mid(temp, c, 1) If letter = "1" Or letter = "2" Or letter = "3" Or letter = "4" Or letter = "5" Or letter = "6" Or letter = "7" Or letter = "8" Or letter = "9" Then Sstat(x) = Sstat(x) + letter End If Next c End If Loop For x = 1 To 19 stat(x) = Val(Sstat(x)) Next x Stats.CI.charactername = name Stats.CI.password = pass Stats.CI.agility = stat(1) Stats.CI.dexterity = stat(2) Stats.CI.endurance = stat(3) Stats.CI.health = stat(4) Stats.CI.intelect = stat(5) Stats.CI.parry = stat(6) Stats.CI.speed = stat(7) Stats.CI.strength = stat(8) Stats.CI.totalexp = stat(9) Stats.CI.health = stat(10) Stats.CI.exphave = stat(11) Stats.CI.expleftover = stat(12) Stats.CI.expneed = stat(13) Stats.CI.level = stat(14) Stats.CI.maxdamage = stat(15) Stats.CI.MaxHealth = stat(16) Stats.CI.mindamage = stat(17) Stats.CI.skillpoints = stat(18) Stats.CI.turnspeed = stat(19) Close #intf haven't been on here in ages...so I hope for a warm welcome back but I know that this is a lot of code, and that most of you will probably not want to look through it all, but I
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 28th November 2012
View Replies!

controls in vb

hi how to create tabstrip , image list, list view ,tree view controls in vb 6.0 explain with example step by step
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

monthview

is there away to make Monthview change automatically every month, look the previous month or the next month can still stay optional. Best regards,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

VB6-DATAGRID

Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim I As Integer TPDN = 0 DataGrid1.Col = 2 For I = 0 To DataGrid1.ApproxCount - 1 DataGrid1.Row = I TPDN = TPDN + Val(DataGrid1.Columns(2).Text) Next I txttotpdn.Text = TPDN End Sub THE ABOVE CODE WORKS WELL FOR THE LIMITED VISISBLE ROWS, IF THE CODE EXTENDS BEYOND INVISIBL MATRIX THEN RUN TIME ERROR OCCURS AS "run-time error'6148';, invalid row number"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Weighing machine

I new to visual basic. how to I calculate the calories per one gram. how to input into visual basic.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looping throught a textbox

I am having a little problem with looping through a textbox until i find all the data i need. I have tried using the Do / Do While and Do Until loops but it crashes. Do TextBox2.Text = Mid$(TextBox1.Text, InStr(1, TextBox1.Text, "[") + 1, InStr(1, TextBox1.Text, "]") - 2) Loop Until Textbox.1.text EOF() I dont think that the EOF is needed but i am not sure what else i could do. Note.: The textbox1 - has multiple lines This post has been edited by hemalv: 30 July 2009 - 02:32 AM
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Make a list in a message box

hi. Is there a way to make a list in a message box Right now my code only allows me to display a line. Can anyone help\t Example: 1. blahblahblah 2. Something 3. IDK This is my code: MsgBox "Programmer: Someone", vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "About My Program"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

why i can't scroll?

have anyone know to scroll in vb coding page when my coding is long and i can't use mouse scroll to scroll down the page did it need any setting
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Project topic In vb6

Hi , I am Searching for a good topic for my project for my final year graduation . It is basically a database project. I am using VB6 as front end and SQL as back end . I don't wont to do the same as does like eg. Library Management System ,Hospital Management System etc . I want a topic that is different and easy for others to use . It is my main project so I want the topic as soon as possible . Thanking you , Dilip
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Command Prompt Closing after a second when i run the program.

Hi Guys, This is my first VB program, but how do i make the command prompt stay Option Strict Off Option Explicit On Module Module1 Sub Main() 'Variable Declaration Dim charFinitial As Char Dim strLname As String Dim intYearsOld As Integer Dim decTxtCost As Decimal Console.WriteLine() Console.WriteLine() 'Enter input values Console.Write("Enter initial: ") charFinitial = Console.ReadLine() Console.Write("Enter Last Name: ") strLname = Console.ReadLine() Console.Write("How many years old: ") intYearsOld = Console.ReadLine() Console.Write("Your textbook costs: ") decTxtCost = Console.ReadLine() Console.WriteLine() 'Display the output values. Console.WriteLine("The first initial is: " & charFinitial & ".") Console.WriteLine("The Last name is: " & strLname & ".") Console.WriteLine("Age: " & intYearsOld & ".") Console.WriteLine("Textbook cost: " & decTxtCost & ".") Console.WriteLine() Console.WriteLine() End Sub End Module
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Validate two conditions through maskedtext box.

I have been using masked text box in a project.I have learnt that there is an option that allows to enter a number or a space.But I want to make the masked text box to accept an alphabet or a space..Is there any mask option available to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Please modify the code

i had previously post the thread but did not get answer , as i need it urgently so would any body please modify this code to my requirements i am using vb6 and crystal report 10 in crystal report 10 i made a formula field and add this code NumberVar startNum := 5; "Page " + ToText((PageNumber + startNum), 0) this code work fine and start page number of report with 6 instead of 1, i just want that instead of 5 user will be able at run time to give any parameter he wants , so what to write instead of 5.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problem with crystal reports

When I'm creating crystal reports in the preview window the report data appears correctly but when running the program it shows number of records less than the actual one by 1 like this this is a picture of the report preview and this is after calling the same report in the program and this is the code CrystalReport1.DataFiles(0) = App.Path & "\db.mdb" CrystalReport1.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\rep.rpt" CrystalReport1.WindowState = crptNormal CrystalReport1.Action = 1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passing parameters to DataEnvironment/DataReport in vb6

Anyone have much luck in passing parameters to a DataEnvironment to populate a DataReport in vb6 I want to be able to use input from two textboxes to limit the query. I have tried creating a SQL query and passing that as the "source" for the DataEnvironment record set, but it keeps picking up the default values for the parameters from the DataEnvironment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 29th November 2012
View Replies!

Creating a GUI for a Command Line Program

It's been a very long time since I've done any programming, so bear with me. I know what I want to do is entirely possible with Visual Basic, I just can't remember how to do it I have a command line tool which, honestly, I'm perfectly fine using, but a lot of the people I know who also need the use of this command line tool are not savvy enough with Windows & the command prompt to use the tool effectively. So I thought I'd download the trial for Visual Studio and give it a try, making a GUI myself. If you're wondering what this tool is, it's a program called AtomicParsley (http://atomicparsley.sourceforge.net/) command line program for reading, parsing and setting metadata into MPEG-4 files. In other words, it's a file-tagger for MPEG-4 video/audio files. From what I can tell, mostly it is used for tagging iPod audio & video files, which is what I and a lot of other people use it for. The problem comes in when you are distributing free and legal video files which have been converted and tagged they need a specific metadata UUID tag in order for iTunes to sync them to a 5th (or 5.5) Generation iPod Video. There are only TWO programs I know of which will add this specific UUID tag to the video file (either by overwriting the file or creating a new file with the atom included), and neither have a GUI which will perform the function. There are numerous GUI applications which use AtomicParsley for tagging, but I have never found any that specifically add this metadata atom. Hence, my undertaking this project. So, this is what I need to know: 1) How do I create a dialog which will open one (or more hopefully so you can add the tag to a group) file and pass the file name and path along 2) With the file name and path either stored as a string variable or somehow otherwise passed along, how do I actually execute the command line program Using some simple research and searching on your wonderful forums here, I believe I found the answer to this one: Shell("cmd.exe") Correct If I can also make the program a simple drag and drop GUI, that would be even better. I guess what I envision is a small GUI program I can package with the AtomicParsley executable which users can load, drag a bunch of files on, and the program will then process them. Any help on this would be extremely appreciated! I took several programming classes in High School and a few in College, but then my interests changed and I moved on to get a History degree ... and I graduated from college nearly six years ago, so my knowledge of Visual Basic and C++ has basically disappeared ... I will probably need some hand-holding on this one, but if you're willing to help, I'm willing to keep trying until I get it right
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Left/Right

heya just wopndered if anyone could give me a quick bit of help as to how the LEFT,RIGHT and MID code works and what it does.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Thumbnails

I have a tree view and list view which works just as it should, what I would like is to have the Images displayed as thumbnails instead of a list how can I do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

help in inserting png image

good day, what code should i use in able to insert a png image in an imagebox i tried using image1.picture=loadpicture(path of image)but its not working, i also search in google about this problem, majority of the result is using gdi+, im still new in vb 6 and i dont know how to use this gdi+, can someone help me or teach me how to use this gdi+
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

vb6 to ms access connectivity error

when i try to run the form in vb6 which is connected to an MsAccess database...i get an error saying "invalid use of null".what could be the reason for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 30th November 2012
View Replies!

LAN with Mysql database

plz help me\tplzi cant connect with my database.the databae is mysql..the client cant read the database when i run the program in the client side.plz help me this is for my project.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

crystal reports in vb

How to update the data in the crystal report how to refresh the report The new records are not seen in the generated report...the crystal report file is called in VB6 database is update but crystal report not update please tell me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

To select rows of one column

, I have a problem that I am using a flexi grid,in which I have the data as, Data_name Data_value Data_no S_no S_type etc company1 company2 company3 company4 Company5 company6 company7 etc Now this col.is fixed and when user click on the company1,3,5,7 and press the ok button,the new form will displayed with the labels as company1,company3,compnay5 and the company7 and the corressponding text boxes will appear.Have u any idea how I do thisPlease answer as soon as possible....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I upload

I just created a program on VB I want to know how I will upload it to the net. Please I want some material if someone can help with a place to get such material
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

code in 1's an 2's complement

what is the easiest code to convert the 1's and2's complement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

get vb6 to ignore square brackets

I am trying to make it so that when you select, say, "help" from a dropdown box it would insert "[help]" into a text box.. I have tried it with the code below and it doesn't seem to work with square brackets but it does with parenthesis or these { }. I am new to vb6 so I'm not sure what the square brackets do and how to stop them from doing that. any help would be appreciated Private Sub cbxTest_Click() If cbxTest.Text = "help" Then thing = "[help]" end sub Private Sub cmdTest_Click() txtOutput.Text = "" & thing & "" End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!