Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Visual Basic

Moving multiple forms  

The application I'm working on currently creates forms that are all centered in the screen, not moveable or sizable.  Forms are shown or hidden, depending on which buttons you've pushed, so it pretty much is like a big deck of cards.  Now, the powers that be want to be able to move the windows.  The... Continue Reading
Views : 46
Wednesday 12th of September 2012

Handling events from a c++ ocx  

I have a form with contains a c++ ocx control.  The control has a context menu on it and I want to pick up when the user selects a particular item on the context menu.  For instance, they would select item x from the menu and the vb app would then bring up a particular form.  I'm just not sure how... Continue Reading
Views : 27

How to change font of a textbox in any application from my application  

In vb6 how to change fonts in other applications like MS-WORD, PageMaker, etc. from my vb program? Please guide me. Thanks in advance. Continue Reading
Views : 61

how to upload .txt file to sql server using vb6  

Hi,i want to create vb6 page that is..i need to browse .txt file and click upload btn means that txt file data will go and save the sql server table.ex : textfile : here browse onehere upload buttoni have some .txt files with some data.so,when... Continue Reading
Views : 90

how to import .txt file to sql server using vb6  

Hi,i want to create vb6 page that is.. Continue Reading
Views : 83

packaging  

I have read through the solutions but how can i transfer the ACCESS db within the package? Continue Reading
Views : 38

Add more than one dll reference at a time in VB 6.0  

Hi All,   I have more than 60 DLL's in separate project folders . Have to make a group project that the case, I need to add all the existing dll's in my new grouping project reference. So far , I used to add single single dll's in my project. Please help me to cut sort the effort to add... Continue Reading
Views : 60

Error  

Hi fiends,when i open my exe file i got this error,Run-Time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':   [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (connect()).]SQL Server... Continue Reading
Views : 155

vb6 to excel  

sir, in my working disillusionment, one program opens Excel file and it updates "sheet1" worksheet. i just want to excess it through vb6. is that possible? if so please guide. thanks. Ramesh Dudha   Continue Reading
Views : 64

Moving multiple forms so that all forms have the same position  

I'm pretty close on this one, but still have one issue.  I put the code in a zip file.  Basically, I bring up form 1.  Form1 defaults to center screen.  I move form1 from the center spot and hit the bring up form 2 button.  When I do that, I want form 2 to be on top of form 1 ( form2 also defaults... Continue Reading
Views : 46

Send txt msgs from Excel  

Hi to all vba Experts here,I have a worksheet with 200 rows and four columns of data,Col A is ID No.Col B is NameCol C is cell phone numberColumn D is a formula result.Is there a Ms Excel vba such that once run it will loop through the list and send to... Continue Reading
Views : 89

working on a projuct for fun  

Hi, everyone im new to this forum and i have a project , what i need is how to make a desktop like windows with a start menu, and how do i make the icons move and be able to move them, i know you have to us a listbox but i just dont know how to us it to make a desktop i gess what im asking for is... Continue Reading
Views : 65

this is a projuct im woking on  

Hi, everyone im new to this forum and i have a project , what i need is how to make a desktop like windows with a start menu, and how do i make the icons move and be able to move them, i know you have to us a listbox but i just dont know how to us it to make a desktop i gess what im asking for is... Continue Reading
Views : 41

VB 6.3 Text to Speech VB Windows 7 Problem  

On my old computer I was running XP with Excel 2003, the following code worked.  Now I'm using Windows 7 with Excel 2003 and the same program and code does not work.  The Tools>References in VB has Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object library, Microsoft Object Speech Library, and Microsoft Office 11.0 Object... Continue Reading
Views : 48

Upload data using excel to Sql server in vb(Windows Application)  

Hi Buddy,how to import the excel file to sql database using vb(windows Application)?Regards,Nanthaa P Continue Reading
Views : 54

how to split the excel data based on one field using vb6  

Hi,Iam using vb6 and sql server 2005My problem is:Iam usnig vb6 and created one excel report.but i need to show my data in excel based on fund name.but my code showing all the data in one fund code.but in that data got different fund names.I need to show if... Continue Reading
Views : 55

using vb6 code and how to group the excel data  

Hi,I have a worksheet that was created from vb6 code. I want to separatethe data into each fund name (group by) within the same workbook. Thedata is seperated by a row space. For example, fundnm 1"aaa"  Row 1through Row 10 have data. Row 11 is a space and show the 2nd fund namein row 12.... Continue Reading
Views : 109

VBScript execution in remote machine  

Hi,I am trying to run a vbscript through scheduler which is using WSHShell script to work on a  tool in the remote machine. When i am running the script manually or through scheduler, while the remote machine is open and the application/tool is open it is working perfectly fine. However,... Continue Reading
Views : 54

create run time crystal report mail label as per user requirement + vb  

create run time crystal report mail label as per user requirement + vb6 Continue Reading
Views : 72

Create Row Numbering and Page by group in Data Report  

Hi,   I have an data report(vb6) where I have grouped by Journal_No, Address and Description. I will like to create row number and page by the grouping.   In group header, I am using Current Page Number and Total Number of Pages. For now, if I have selected 5 Journal_No which... Continue Reading
Views : 59

how can i make my vb database application,for it to work on other pc  

plz guys help me. i have built my application and i linkde it with access database. bt now it can only work on my computer after installing but it can not work on other computer, because it is requiring for the folder where i saved my database which i created from access. please i nid ur help Continue Reading
Views : 73

Word Macro (Richtext box)  

Can any one please help me in the below problems.Thanks in advance.Issue in detail:I have inserted a form with a command button and rich text box control in MS WORD (Alt+F11) (No problem so far) I had some information in MS-Word document see the below exampleCan any one... Continue Reading
Views : 57

Getting data into Excel  

I wrote a small VB program that writes a simple text file 1000 lines long, and each line has 50 numbers (or words) separated by commas.  I then have an Excel spreadsheet that I put this data into.  I go into a particular "data input" sheet, in cell A3 let's say, and I do the Data - Get Data stuff. ... Continue Reading
Views : 50

how to extract text on image from webcam in vb6.0  

Helo my people, am samson and i want to write a project that willextract text on image from webcam using vb6.0pls can anybody help me Continue Reading
Views : 159

Data Report  

How to show Group header in all pages in data report (vb6.0) Continue Reading
Views : 56

Cerco Aiuto per Risolvere questo Problema con Visual Basic "Calendario  

Salve mi chiamo Maurizio o un Problema che Vorrei Risolvere con Visual Basic 6.0 : il Discorso e questo ; Con molta Fatica Tempo Fa', Ero riuscito a Costruirmi un Calendario ; che a mio avviso non solo funziona molto Bene ma e anche Esteticamente bello ; pero' a forza di Usarlo mi sono... Continue Reading
Views : 39

Tooltip in datagrid - mouse over  

Tooltip in datagrid cell in Visual Basic 6.0 Continue Reading
Views : 71

Is there a way were Program will exit when it reach the specified DATE condition  

I have created a log-in form in our booking inventory systemThis form will execute and check if the the username and password are have NULL value or IN-CORRECT entries, and also terminates the program if the user tried 3... Continue Reading
Views : 42

a textbox "text" field shows (text) and won't allow input  

I have a textbox that (I think) was working fine for awhile.  But recently, the "text" field during designtime shows "(text)", and will NOT allow me to type over it.  During runtime, there is a small error now (though I can still run program), but of course that text box is blank.  It seems I can... Continue Reading
Views : 57

To fetch the data using ActiveCell.Offset property of excel. Second time it is giving err  

I am opening excel file multiple times. Using ActiveCell.offset property to featch the data. When I process one excel data file I am having any issue while fetching the data. But when I use the same loop to process multiple excel file I am getting error "(10090) ActiveX Automation error. 'The RPC... Continue Reading
Views : 130