Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Visual Basic

The Hwnd of Download Progression Dialog Box  

Hi,How do I get the hWnd for a download progression dialog box. It is the one that shows the percentage amount completed until it reaches 100%.Does someone have sample code that shows how to do this?I have something below but it doesn't work. If someone could show... Continue Reading
Views : 50
Thursday 13th of September 2012

help with sql statement  

rated by 0 users Continue Reading
Views : 43

Adodc contol error  

hi,  i have a problem with xp delux version.  i am using adodc control in my project which some like that,adodc1.refreshif adodc1.recordset.recordcount>0 then  //code hereend ifall other os supports this code and work fine, but in xp delux version 2010... Continue Reading
Views : 68

running service from command line  

rated by 0 users Hello,I have a... Continue Reading
Views : 30

Batch Processing  

We have a VB6 batch program that processes roughly 350K records.  This application was ofcourse developed 10+ years ago and at that time the business was small so no problems.   This batch is running for 12+ hours and generates our policy bills...and it crucial for our clients. Oh and I do want to... Continue Reading
Views : 30

Can't upload any attachment of any type  

rated by 0 users Greetings,I tried to... Continue Reading
Views : 64

crystal report in vb6  

hi guysi'm new to VB6 and crystal report, can somebody give tutorial onhow to get a value from a textbox to be used in generating a report. this mustbe done when a button is click. the scenerio is like this:i havetwo textboxes(the from and to date) and a button.... Continue Reading
Views : 67

Sphere gradient question (GDI+)  

rated by 0 users Greetings,I'm trying... Continue Reading
Views : 26

creating a text ascii file  

i need to create a ascii txt file using vb6.0i need to write the text file with data from sql table . how do i proceed Continue Reading
Views : 80

Merge Multiple Text File  

rated by 0 users I have a master... Continue Reading
Views : 60

exe not working in non admin privilege winxp user account  

Hi,I am Satheesh, i have a doubt please clarify it possible.I have a mfc program writing... Continue Reading
Views : 149

Public Sub or Private Sub, is there a reason NOT to use either  

rated by 0 users Hello AllI am... Continue Reading
Views : 39

print multiple file one after another  

i want to convert multiple html files to PDF via VB6. I am trying this by using ShellExecute function to pass parameters to the PDFprinter so that it will convert it and display it.The main problem i am facing is that i am not able to convert multiple files one after another because if i... Continue Reading
Views : 33

textbox problem  

rated by 0 users i have 4 text... Continue Reading
Views : 48

update the class automatically  

I create astudent database system using VB6. but I could not update the student class automatically in the yearend. (This year students in grade 7 and next year they go to grade 8), how can I update the students class when the year typed. any one help me to solve this problem.thank you Continue Reading
Views : 42

Manually Uninstall Visual Studio 6  

rated by 0 users I need to manually uninstall... Continue Reading
Views : 23

crystal report9  

I am using crystal report9 I want to create a report using multiple tables (fields from 8 tables) I created it but I could not get all the fields from those table. how can I accessn all fields to my report.Thank youabdul hakeem Continue Reading
Views : 82

ListView in WPF  

rated by 0 users Hi AllI'm posting in... Continue Reading
Views : 32

Can't create .NET object from VB6  

Not sure what has changed in our project, but for some reason we cannot create a referenced .NET object.  It used to work.  Bombs out on the Set and the error is Err Number -2147467261Err Description Automation Error Invalid PointerSet fbozd New... Continue Reading
Views : 61

Send the Crystal Report through Outlook Express  

How can I send report(crystal report) through outlook Express via vb6.0 form? Please can anybody help me. (Needed VB Code for me) Continue Reading
Views : 46

equivalent of VB6.GetItemData() in Vb.net  

what is the equivalent or solution to the VB6.GetItemData() in vb.net? and this is used in Combobox and i dont want the vb6 cpmatibility file. Continue Reading
Views : 244

Logon Failed  

I created a Student Data baseusing MS Access 2003  visual basic and crystal report9.  My project was run successfully in my PC but when it was run in another computer it shows the error code this  Continue Reading
Views : 27

concatenate when writing to text file  

Set ts = fs.OpenTextFile(filename, ForWriting, True)  ts.WriteLine rs1("H_LINENO") & rs1("ENO") ............................................................................................................................................... and so onas it too long i want to... Continue Reading
Views : 70

Simpale data combo scrolling problem after it first loaded  

Dear all,  when i add records by selecting down arrow key ,data in simple data combo is not scrolled....but if i put some text in edit area then it scrolled proper with down arrow key on keyboardif someone has solution .....please post it fastThanks to all in advance Continue Reading
Views : 81

using IndexOfAny in vb6.0  

string test = "1234567/8749494";      int index = test.IndexOfAny(new[] { '/'});      test = test.Substring(0,index);how do i use the above in vb6.0 Continue Reading
Views : 125

FileSystemObjecd Delete all files but X newest  

Can someone show me what I am doing wring with this pleaseI am trying to delete all files accept the X number newest files.I found this code and it worked good for folders it deleted all folders but the intMaxFolders  so I tryed to tweak it to do the same for files, but it appears to... Continue Reading
Views : 53

Export Excel file to txt file using vb 6.0  

Hi all,I am trying to export a column of values from my excel worksheet into a text file (notepad). I want to do this for each column of values.The column in excel looks like this:No.id      Name          salary  year001       Romenio      300    ... Continue Reading
Views : 109

need some additional advice while using Instr function  

hi Experts,Kindly suggest,I have designed a VBA code where I want to compare a string with FileName in a directory. In this case I have used Instr function, this helps me in 3 cases only, but not... Continue Reading
Views : 71

playback of flv  

Hello,     how can i playback video file with extension .flv in vb6 by using flash10.ocx as realplayer does.      or  by using any other perfect method. pls help me     i tried to playback this file with f_in_box.dll edition but it is not works well and... Continue Reading
Views : 21

Printer Script  

Here is my scenarioWant to connect printers to ws that reside on a print server.Want to match HS-359-S01 to printer HS-359-01 on print server HS-PRINTI was wondering if there was an easy way to do this. I am using a script below but don't want to... Continue Reading
Views : 46