Urgent help - totally weird, works locally but not online? 'not a connection issue!'

I am having a real problem. Look at the code below, basically it allows me to add a time out of 30 mins and also notes the user who logged in and the time and date they logged in so ideally I must keep this, but for some reason outside of local host (local server) and live it does not work. Below is my code:

'SELECT A CASE
'Call the case when required throughout the code
Select Case action
Case "Login"
Call adminLogin()
Case "Logout"
Call adminLogout()
Case "Add"
Call addArticle()
Case "Amend"
Call amendArticle()
Case "Delete"
Call deleteArticle()
Case "Delete"
Call deleteArticles()
End Select

'ADMIN LOGIN
'Perform the login operation using SQL & Validation IF statements
Sub adminLogin()
'Open Connection Object
Response.Write (openConnection)
Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
If Request.Form("Submit") = "Login" then
strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblAdmin WHERE adminUsername='" & Request.Form("username") & "'"

objRS.Open strSQL, strConnect
If objRS.EOF then
strFailed="
Your Username is Invalid!
"

Else

If objRS("adminPassword") Request.Form("password") then
strFailed="
Your Password is Invalid!
"

Else

Session("ValidUser") = "true"

'Additional data input
'This basically add the details for the last time the user logged into the system
'It also sets the session timout to 30 minutes from the time the user actually logged in.

Session("ADID") = objRS("adminID")
objConn.Execute("UPDATE tblAdmin SET adminLastLogged=now() WHERE adminID=" & Session("ADID"))

Session.Timeout = 30 '30 = Minutes

'end of addition

Response.Redirect "cms.asp"
objRS.Close

End If
End If
End If
End Sub

The login is just one of my select! but nevertheless there is an issue here I am not sure of. The error I get returned is as follows:

HTTP: 500 - Internal Server Error

So the login does not work due to this issue, there is no data connection problem, and if i coment out the areas related it works fine. But like I said I really need this! But not sure how to fix this problem.

CAN anyone spot a problem that might happen when online and not locally, as locally it works fine.

Kindest regards

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:01:36 AM Total Views:  255
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

urgent help transfering session cart to checkout

gone away
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Comparing of recordsets:Please help:urgent

hello I have the following code with me Code: Now i need to compare these two above mentioned recordsets....and want to pop up an alert box on the client side.....sayin whether they are same or no Please help me out in this....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I had this question before: http://forums.aspfree.com/asp-development-5/i-need-a-little-help-with-my-login-sign-up-94285-3.html Code: UserID= request("UserID") Set RS=Condata.Execute("Select * From table1 Where UserID="& UserID) Set RS1=Condata.Execute("Select * From table2 Where UserID="& UserID ) if NOT(RS1.BOF and RS1.EOF) then response.write UserID & " is in table2 " response.write "You already signed up " 'response.redirect "to somewhere" response.end else if NOT(RS.BOF and RS.EOF) then response.write UserID & " is in table1 " response.write "Display a Sign up form " 'response.redirect "to somewhere" response.end else response.write "You are not in any table " response.write "please go back and re-enter your ID " 'response.redirect "to somewhere" response.end end if end if Now, I have another table:Set RS2=Condata.Execute("Select * From table3 Where UserID="& UserID ). Table has only 2 fields: If it has an UserID and a column AdSI has a value then display the sign up form. If there is nothing then display a message say something like "sorry you cannot sign up this time. Please contact us for more information." Please give me some hints how to do that in the code above
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help with asp login page(urgent)

this is my prob... i hv designed a login page...which checks the username & password b4 loading the main index page of the website.... im using asp/vbscript for developing the website... if the login fails it redirects to the same login page again.... the login code works perfectly well....no probs there... the issue is tht once login is successful & the index page loads......if the user clicks the browsers back button it goes back to the login screen....this is fine too.. however....once here..if the user uses the forward button the index page auto loads without even the need for the pasword...& tht wud b a major flaw...!! i need to know how to avoid this..... i think i shud b using asp session variables to terminate the session or something like tht when the index page unloads....tried many ways the whole day..no luckkkk!!! hope u ppl hv got the prob here.... let me know if there is a simple way to do this this is my first post here...hope to get encouraging replies.. had posted this thread b4 in the wrong forum..so reposting it here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Need urgent help with emailing forms through asp!

Ive got a form on a web page which currently send the information to an access database once a user clicks on the submit button. However i also want a person to receive an email saying that someone has filled out the form. Ive got the code below and i dont think its far wrong but i get the following error message when the confirmation .asp page is accessed after the form has been filled in: Code: ADODB.Fieldserror '800a0ea5' Fields update failed. For further information, examine the Status property of individual field objects. /AbsenceForm/RecordAdded.asp, line 47 This is the code ive used: Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent - Page 2

ok let my try to clarify one thing...before i go out into left field... 1. Do they logon the work domain using windows authentication
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent help - Page 5

Originally Posted by werD an arrary called dim joe(3) would be joe(0) joe(1) joe(2) so if the array counts to 35 then it should be dimmed at 36 Hi Drew, I was scanning through this thread and noticed your post. Just to put the record straight, Dim(n) sets the upper bound of an array, not the number of elements. So Dim joe(3) dimensions an array with 4 elements, joe(0) through joe(3).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent help

Hi I know how to connect with Access.Pls help me How can we connect ASP with oracle without mentioning the Data Source Name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent.... database weird connection problem , cant even select * from it

Howdy i have been wasting my life on this database , and i really need to connect to it today. The database is attatched Its a foxpro database with a memo field i want to do is connect , then i want to append a new record. How hard is that i tried every connection string i could find and nothing works for me . Anybody have a few minutes to spare and try the connection string they know works i really need help on this. cheers Cam below is the code snippet i have been using just to connect to it ################################## function dumassfunction Dim DBConn dim letters Set DBConn = OpenDBFConn("c:\mdw2") Set letters=DBConn.Execute("select UR_NO from [letters#dbf]") do until letters.EOF response.Write(letters.Fields("UR_NO")) letters.movenext loop set letters=nothing end function Function OpenDBFConn(Path) Dim Conn: Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=" & Path & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""DBASE IV;"";" Set OpenDBFConn = Conn End Function ################################3 Jet doesnt work on it , then i tried this @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2 Function OpenDBFConn(Path) Dim Conn: Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Open "Provider=vfpoledb.1; Datasource="&path&";" Set OpenDBFConn = Conn End Function @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2 then i tried a few others i have deleted them here is the info for the database !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Filename C:\mdw2\Letters.dbf Type FoxPro with memo Last modified 24.08.05 File size 2239 Header size 322 Record size 213 Record count 9 Field count 9 Memo field count 1 Filename memo C:\mdw2\Letters.fpt Memo file size 265920 Blocksize 32 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need some help urgently

I have a fieldset where i display some fields and i have a problem here i have scratched my head a lot on this issue and i am getting no where so need some help i have a fieldset where a user enters personal information i want my textbox to be shown in front of the fieldname so i have created some CSS for it Its working well for these fields Middle Name Credentials Address2 State Country Fax But its not working for these fields First Name Last Name Address1 City ZipCode Phone the div's are working fine i tried to adjust the size of each the textboxes but that didnt work out any ideas thanks, charles Code: Application .radiospace { margin-left: 40px; } fieldset.thisone { width: 720px; } label { width: 100px; float: left; text-align: left; margin: 0px 10px 0px 10px; clear: both; line-height: 20px; } input.text { color: #333333; width: 170px; margin-bottom: 10px; } select.list { margin-bottom: 10px; } Application First name:* Last name:* Address 1:* City:* Zip code:* Zip code:* Zip code:* Phone:* Phone:* Phone:* Middle name: Credentials: Address 2: State:* Select a State... Alabama Wyoming State/Province:* Select a State... Alberta British Columbia State:* Country:* Country:* Country:* Select a Country Error - no Countries can be found Fax: Fax: Fax: Email:*
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Need urgent help (involves making a quiz in asp using xml)

Does anyone have a clue have to make a quiz in asp using an xml file I found a good quiz but the code is in asp.net so we can't use it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

New to ASP, need help urgently!

Hi , I am new to ASP and I need help urgently. I am updating some banners to an existing website created by another person who is uncontactable. I have downloaded copies of the web site files from the host server and have saved them in a folder under the inetpub/wwwroot directory. I am using IIS and have created an Alias for the site. When I go to Dreamweaver MX to edit the files and try to preview in iexplorer I get the following error message: HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error Internet Information Services Error Type: Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005) Disk or network error. /greekmelodies/TMP247okez77n.asp, line 5 Can anyone help me, I am lost and need to get this done soon. I really appreciated all the help I can get! Thank you in advance! Cheers Lucy07
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

very urgent-- how to clculate (date-3months+7 days)

hello friends i need ur help. now i am working on some telehealth project[enhancement]. i need to calculate (date picked from the calaender - 3 months + 7 days. i a trying this one from past three days. and the controls are loading from the database dynamically 2 ways 1st one: say i picked 1 jan. i need to calculate: [(1-01-2005)-( no of day in (dec+nav+oct))+7 days] 2nd one: say i picked 1 jan. i need to calculate: [(1-01-2005)-( 60 days + days] which one is good. how to implement this one
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP Javascript help urgent

i am getting real frustrated with this issue i have a window open event so when the user clicks on the words he sees a window with a image what i am trying to do is put our company logo at the bottom of the window and its not letting me do it here is the code for it Code: View Large Image so when the user clicks on the View large image he sees this page and the code is like this Code: so where i have put the line Hi for debugging i wanted the company logo to be there but its not displaying the logo so i put a response.write and its not working can anyone tell me how i do it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Is there a problem with my java script?- urgent!!

Response.Write"" cos it don't work... can any kind soul please help\t\t\t\t\t\t\t pls.........
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Noob needs urgent help

Hi all, I have to write an ASP page that does the following : Gets several fields of data through the url, processes them using a javascript function, and then send it back to another page, again using the url for the data. for example : I get something like www.mydomain.com/test/test.aspnum1=3&num2=4 , then I have to process these numbers and send a reply like www.theirdomain.com/theirasp.aspreply=x Here is what I already (think) I know, and correct me if I am wrong. 1. I can use Request.QueryString to get the values of the fields in the url. 2. I am using javascript to process the two by calling a function. What I don't know (and I know this is funny, cause it's probably the easiest part) is how to send the data, where sending is actually requesting a page with the result url. Please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent help required for Feedback form

Hi I'd like to have a feedback form on my wesite that can receive text and attachements and then forward all this to an email address. Can anyone help me out an dlet me know what is the asp coding to be used. I've read that there are objects to handle mails but not found any proper example to learn from. Please, please could any one direct me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent cry for help

I know that i have ask this befour but i didn't had an reply, i really need to know if its possible and how...Please! i'm trying to populate a combo from a db and add a function that allows to keep the selected record on the combo even after the page reloads. i've tryed this code and i think i'm pretty close, because the combo is getting the right results but i can't figure out why the "selected" part is not working right. Can you give me a hand\t\t connection to db ... ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help...urgent!!!

above is my code at check.asp...it will check either the uid and pwd is exist in the database or not.in my database, there are 3 fields..uid,pwd and level.basically,i want to develop 1 login page with user level access that will be using by admin and ordinary user to enter the system and check.asp will authenticate the uid and pwd enter by user. if the level=1 (for admin)...the user will view his own menu page and if the level=2 (ordinary users).they also have their own menu page...but..how to check the user level\t i have tried several codes but it didn't work...can anyone help me\tplease make some adjustment on my codes...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help needed urgently.. Uploading CSV file to SQL Server

.. Im new to ASP.. i need to know the codes to upload my csv file (*csv) generated from Excel to SQL Server. I aso need to have the codes for uploading my CSV file to my access database..Please provide me help. Thx a lot. cheers -hui-
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!