Tricky redirect problem

I'll try and explain.
start.asp shows a table with repeating region from a database:

http://www.gmsoffers.com/categories/start.asp

What should happen is if the record has terms_req=no the the go link
will do as its doing now. If however the record has terms_req=yes then
the go link should go to the terms.asp as it does now.

Client then reads the terms and either agrees or declines. If they agree
the "agree" button/link should forward them on to their original request.

As of now have not been able to get the original url request to carry through
to the terms.asp page.

Have listed the request.server.variables available to the terms page just in case it
helps anyone figure this out.

Many
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:25:49 AM Total Views:  227
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Sorting tricky array

Array values: 17|2|Black Ice|United Artists Cinema 1|10pm|40.962625,-72.185841 2|1|Valentino: The Last Emperor|United Artists Cinema 6|7.30pm|40.962625,-72.185841 5|2|Childhoods|United Artists Cinema 1 |1.00pm|40.962625,-72.185841 The first bolded value is the day and the second is the time. I need to sort the elements by day and then by time so the result would be: 2|1|Valentino: The Last Emperor|United Artists Cinema 6|7.30pm|40.962625,-72.185841 5|2|Childhoods|United Artists Cinema 1 |1.00pm|40.962625,-72.185841 17|2|Black Ice|United Artists Cinema 1|10pm|40.962625,-72.185841 Any guidance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 18th August 2012
View Replies!

ASP + MySQL... Need help for tricky select...

Hi... I'm making a "Hot or Not" system in asp and MySQL, and I'm having problems selecting posts that people have not voted for earlier. I hope this info is enough... I got two tables: PICTURES - Fields: pid (picture id) | gender (gender of the person on the picture) VOTES - Fiels: vid (vote id) | pic (picture id) | uid (user id of the person voting, random generated and called from a cookie.. i.e. vbgpnuxhebtdkkbnncdfeorsyjevhj) | rating (rating 1-10) Now.. what I want to dois to only select post that have not been voted for earlier.. And I tried to do it like this: Conn.Execute("SELECT * FROM pictures, votes WHERE ((pictures.pid != votes.pid) || (votes.uid != '" & strUserId &"')) && (pictures.gender = '"& strGender &"')") But it doesn't work.. I always get the same id out.. I Hope this info is enough.. Otherwise ask and I'll provide all u need.. Thank you so much!! I Worked like 15 hours on this stupid line.. lol the best from Copenhagen..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 20th August 2012
View Replies!

Page 2 - ASP + MySQL... Need help for tricky select...

I re-installed MySQL 4.1 since 5.0 wouldn't work together with MyODBC 3.51.. So now I'm back to square one.. Conn.Execute("SELECT * FROM pictures WHERE pid NOT IN (SELECT pic FROM votes WHERE uid = '" & strUserId & "')") Gave me syntax error..I also changed SELECT pic to SELECT pid, since thats the right fieldname.. I'm thinking that it might not be possible yet to make that kind of sub-call.. Is there a way to do it in some form of function! Basicly,what I want is that you'll always see a picture u never voted for before...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 20th August 2012
View Replies!

inserting a querystring variable into URL parth.. kinda tricky?

This is not working Code: activelang=Request.QueryString("lang") . some code . Response.Write " " this is not working too... Code: activelang=Request.QueryString("lang") . some code . Is there any trick will do the job
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Just a tricky question, may help others too

How to flip a graphic image horizontally, vertically or at a specified angle. e.g. I have an arrow that points left and I want to use the same image (save download time) at another place that should point to right (horizontal flip) and so on.... Any ideas....................Please let me know as it might help a lot of people saving download time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 29th August 2012
View Replies!

anyone proficient with tricky vbscript?

i know im trying to do something i probably shouldnt try but i am writing a vbscript on the server side to check to see if a file being uploaded already exists. if a file exists a YesNo msgbox pops up to ask if they would like to replace the file or not. here is my code and i cant figure out how to fit the if statement in there, because i keep getting a syntax error. any suggestions msg = "This file already exists, would you like to overwrite this file" Response.Write("") Response.Write (if "MsgBox """ & msg & """, vbYesNO, ""Overwrite" = "vbNo" then ) Response.Redirect("insert.htm") Response.Write("")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

can you help - a little tricky

Originally posted by : Nicky (nicky621@yahoo.com)I'm having real difficulty - I don't know why the loop isn't working could you please help. The code should allow the user to enter values for owance ; Hotels ; etc - when submitted hold the values - and if information is reset hold the values.I have the majority of the code wrote but am failing to find my error. THe code for bothe docket.asp and functionlib.asp is as follows. Copy and paste code to an asp page please help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP + MySQL... Need help for tricky select...

Hi...\tI'm making a "Hot or Not" system in asp and MySQL, and I'm having problems selecting posts that people have not voted for earlier.I hope this info is enough...I got two tables:PICTURES - Fields: pid (picture id) | gender (gender of the person on the picture)VOTES - Fiels: vid (vote id) | pic (picture id) | uid (user id of the person voting, random generated and called from a cookie.. i.e. vbgpnuxhebtdkkbnncdfeorsyjevhj) | rating (rating 1-10)Now.. what I want to dois to only select post that have not been voted for earlier.. And I tried to do it like this:Conn.Execute("SELECT * FROM pictures, votes WHERE ((pictures.pid != votes.pid) || (votes.uid != '" & strUserId &"')) && (pictures.gender = '"& strGender &"')")But it doesn't work.. I always get the same id out.. I Hope this info is enough.. Otherwise ask and I'll provide all u need..Thank you so much!! I Worked like 15 hours on this stupid line.. lol the best from Copenhagen..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 15th October 2012
View Replies!

A redirect that doesn't work - Page 2

Micky, it will work, but it is not necessary to do it that way, you can just use Code: conn.Execute strSQL
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

A bit tricky....

I have, as described here in the forum, made a script that takes the average out of some records and makes the output out in ranking order like this. 1. Mike 12,55 points 2. Thomas 11,42 points 3. Peter 7,22 points The script is as follows Code: slag Now i want to display behind the name the 10 last records for each player like below. 1. Mike (15,12,6,5,8,9,6,8,9,7) 12,55 points 2. Thomas (15,12,6,5,8,9,6,8,9,7) 11,42 points 3. Peter (15,12,6,5,8,9,6,8,9,7) 7,22 points I dont know how to do this, or if it can be done, but i really hope somebody can help me....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

bypass asp code if redirected from a certain page?

i trying to bypass this below portion of code, so it is possible to bypass if detected it is redirected from a certain page is there such thing.. Code: strSQL = "Select startDate FROM "&Session("CheckPaperTBL")&"" objRst.Open strSQL, objConn If objRst.EOF Then Response.Write "No records!" objRst.Close Set objRst=Nothing objConn.Close Set objConn=Nothing Response.End Else If Not IsNull(objRst("startDate")) Then Response.Write "You have Already Set The Paper. Please Reset It." objRst.Close Set objRst=Nothing objConn.Close Set objConn=Nothing Response.End End If End If
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

response.redirect error

When I use response.redirect my server send this error: Header Error The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content what does it mean\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Parse & redirect form post to another server

I am working on a form that needs to be submitted to a different server. Apparently some firewalls alert the user that the system is sending data to a different server and this may not be wise. To avoid confusing users I though I could have a simple ASP script on the same server as the html form and it's only purpose would be to send the data to the other server and return a "success" message if it completed properly. I have a deacent understanding of scripting, but using PHP, this will be my first real go with ASP. Any advice is appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

response.redirect problem

Sir/Madam I have one query, after response.redirect("index.asp"), Thse index.asp is a login page. Its opens in the same iFrame. Please solve the problem. Waiting for your kind reply. regards tushar
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

redirecting problem

I am having a problem redirecting information. When a user fills in my form the information is posted to formmail.asp which works fine and also redirected to thankyouquote.asp This code is all within the quote form page. I would like to know how i can send the email address from the _requiredFields to the thankyouquote.asp page. Is there any way that i can add a variable in this line
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to catch a url to redirect?

I claimed two different urls which both direct to the same websitefolder: www.one.com www.two.com When a user types in the one or the other url they will end up in the default.asp of the same website. When I would be able to retrieve the url which a user has typed in the browser, I would be able to put it in a nice little variabele to redirect the user to a different page using a nifty little if/else The problem is that I don't know how to catch the url that the user has typed in Can anyone help me out here JJF
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Question about response.redirect

Is is possible to place a sleep statement before a response.redirect If yes, do you know how to do it After the user has updated his/her profile, I want to print a message indicating that the update was successful and then redirect the user back to the original page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to make a faked redirect

, Can anyone tell me how to make the page redirect a bit slowly I mean something like making the page sleep for a while.. I would like to show the messages before the browser redirect them back to LabBooking.asp.. Below are my coding: ...... Response.Write("Your booking have been submitted.") Response.Write("Thank you for booking with us.") Response.Redirect "LabBooking.asp" .....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

response.redirect problem

hi, i tried to do a login page, whereby a non existent loginId will have the user directed to relogin.asp(i used abc.asp here for testing purposes) however, it does not seems to be working. below is segments of the code. given the code below, a non existent login ID wil not have effect since the 'While Not rstemp.EOF' is false, that means i cannot direct the user to abc.asp i tried to putting the line 'While Not rstemp.EOF' after the 'end if', the webpage instantly redirect to abc.asp without a chance for the user to login at all!! what can i do any suggestions is greatly appreciated.......... myId = CInt(request.querystring("Id")) mypassword = request.querystring("password") ........' some lines of code Set rstemp=cn.Execute("Select * FROM PASSWORD WHERE LoginId = " & myId) While Not rstemp.EOF If rstemp.BOF And rstemp.EOF then rstemp.close cn.close set rstemp=nothing set cn=nothing response.redirect "abc.asp" end if ......................' some more lines of code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Howto redirect a page on all the page?

With the command Response.Redirect("page.asp") generally the page will redirect in the same frame ... is possible to open the new page on all the page Thx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!