too many selects??

I'm having a problem with my code. It works but one part at a time

Code: When i comment the section "Count how many scheda singola" my array works. if they are both uncommented the array doesn't work..

why

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:36:23 AM Total Views:  673
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Files too big for upload ??

Started new thread on this , the other one was too messy.I found the cause of why I was getting:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xa88 Thread 0x794 DBC 0xfd9dff4 Jet'. /upload.asp, line 46 It seems to happen when I upload a picture above 200kb. On my test server it works because it's fast but uploading to my live server is slower and I suspect that a timeout finds place. Line 46 of upload.asp is \t\t\t\tbiData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)the code part where I upload is: Dim Uploader, FileSet Uploader = New FileUploaderUploader.Upload()typeID = Uploader.Form("typeID")plaatsID = request.QueryString("sub")Dim uploadsDirVaruploadsDirVar = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "projecten\project" & Request.QueryString("project")response.write("")If Uploader.Files.Count = 0 Then\t\tResponse.Write "Error: File(s) zijn niet geupload"\t\tResponse.Write "Contacteer uw webmaster."\t\tresponse.Write("parent.invoer.verzenden(false);")Else\t\tFor Each File In Uploader.Files.Items\t\t\t\tFile.SaveToDisk uploadsDirVar\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Verstuurd bestand : " & File.FileName & ""\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Grootte : " & File.FileSize & " bytes"\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Bestandstype : " & File.ContentType & ""\t\t\t\t\t\tNext\t\t\t\t%>\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tparent.invoer.verzenden(false);\t\t\t\t\t\tparent.invoer.controleer();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 15th October 2012
View Replies!

SQL query taking too long

. I am fairly new to ASP and SQL.\tI have created a search against a sql database that is supposed to have 3 different fields in which the user can search by.\tAfter debugging several errors I have gotten the search to work but now I have two problems.\t1.\tThe search takes too long so when I open the form it never comes up and then my server gets locked up.\tI need to know how to make my search more efficient. 2.\tI need to know how to make it so that the query doesn't run until the submit button is click and then the results will be posted back to that same page.\tPlease help. Here is my code:Medical Records MPI*********Contents of dbConnection********** *****************************\t\t\t \t\tMedical Records\t\t\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\tPatient MPI Form\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t Patient \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tName\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tSocial Security\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAddress\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tBirthday Date\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTelephone\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\tMaiden/Other Name\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tMother's Name \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tPatient Visit Information\t\t\t\t \t\t\tDate\t\t\tType \t\t\tAccount#\t\t\tCON \t\t\tLocation\t\t\tDis Date\t\t\tDis Disp\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\tDoctor\t\t\tReason For Visit \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

open window without address bar and toolbar

,I am trying to open up a new dynamic image popup-window with the exact size and width of the image.\tThis I am managing to do by the following code:-However I want to get rid of the address bar and the scrollbar, so that I only have the image displayed in the popup window.How can I do this please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Openmotif toolkit!

I'm using ubuntu 9.10 as OS and i installed a toolkit of widgets: openmotif. I found the library, but how i can compile with it This may be a stupid question but doesn't work with following compilation syntax: (Toggle Plain Text) gcc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

hangman problem ending too soon

I was working in the compiler, cleaning that thang up. When I stumbled across something, I posted, instead of editing. My mood was getting worse the more I looked at the code. That's when I quit. If you'd like a mod to delete a couple of 'em, I couldn't give a rats....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL query "too complex"

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.I have a form with a large number of elements in one select box (just over 700). 700 of these may be submitted. I've found that this can't be done via the "GET" method because the maximum length of a URL is something like 2,083 characters (in IE). the data gets across to the other page via the POST method, but my SQL query run via ASP on the next page doesn't run. An error says:Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Query is too complex.I've checked the SQL string which I'm attempting to execute and it's syntax is fine, it's just that it has some 300+ (up to 700 in some cases) different WHERE conditionse.g.COLOR = "BLACK" OR COLOR = "RED" OR COLOR = "BLUE" OR COLOR = "WHITE" OR etc....So is there a maximum query length If so what is it I can't find this info anywhere. Is there any way round it\t\tCheers for any help,Alex.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Database update taking too long. Help quick.

This is a biggy! I need it quick... and appreciate any help.K, I got this page which dynamically lists/shows a number of images. There are 2 options to be set for each image. Whether or not it is shown (HIDE) and what sequence it should be shown in (SORT). Sometimes a job has as many as 500 images.When the studio (Photographer) goes on and makes changes, to all of the images, my script goes, sees if the options has changed and if it has, updates the database. I am wondering, should I open and close the database for each change Or can I open it and leave it... here is the code I have right now. Please, any questions, let me know. I kinda gotta work this out soon.RecSelect("SELECT ID, Sort, Hide FROM Photos WHERE JobNumber LIKE '" & job & "' ORDER BY Sort")aRecSet = recSet.GetRows '-->I built this into an array, so I don't have 2 connections to the database at the same time.If Err.number 0 then\tTrapError "GetRows Line 23", Err.number, Err.Source, Err.description, bsktNumEnd IfRecClosex = UBound(aRecSet, 1)y = UBound(aRecSet, 2)j = 0'Response.Write x & ", " & yfor j = 0 to y' --> Checking to see if the Sort is different. If it is, change it.varElement = "sort" & aRecSet(0,j)RecUpdate "Photos"if NOT CInt(Request.Form(varElement)) = aRecSet(1,j) then\tbatchSet.Find "ID = '" & aRecSet(0,j) & "'"\tbatchSet("Sort") = CInt(Request.Form(varElement))end if' --> Checking to see if the Hide is different. If it is, change it.if Request.Form(varElement) = "on" then '-->This is a checkbox, so I need to change the value from on to TRUE.\ttempVar = Trueelse\ttempVar = Falseend ifif NOT tempVar = aRecSet(2,j) then\tbatchSet.Find "ID = '" & aRecSet(0,j) & "'"\tbatchSet("Hide") = tempVarend ifBatchCloseNextProcessErrors '-->A function I have created to mail me any errors.Response.Redirect "imageAdmin.aspJob=" & job & "&jobID=" & jobID 'this is where the code sends the person to next.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

ms word toolbar

I have some script which produces links to Word documents on a server - when clicked on; these links open a word document on the client.The problem is that by default the word toolbars don't appear when MS word opens in the browser. IS there anyway of specifying that the browser opens with the word toolbar visible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Creating an online search tool

,\tPlease how do i create an online search service that will assess an MS Access database. I want the search buttons on the upper half of a frame and search results on the lower half.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Any way/tool to search PDFs?

I am a fairly seasoned ASP developer and am looking for a tool/api/method to allow website visitors to search through the body text of an archive of PDF documents as well as searching site HTML files. I have a fairly robust TXT/HTML/ASP page search, but am looking for an easy way to add PDFs to my list of searchable documents. Does anyone have any ideas about how to best approach this I would assume Adobe has some type of tool, but searching their site yielded nothing of the sort.Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

How to add custom server objects to the Interdev toolbox ?

The title is the question.How to include my own dll which is registered in the Server, in my Interdev toolbox If I do by some means, will it be possible to get that intellisense menu whenever I type a period after the instance of my custom dll My request - Please help me or point to the right direction. Thank you,RR.__________________________________The best is yet to come.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

table/layer/too much data problem

this is pretty hard to explain, but..At the bottom of every web page in our application, there is a navigation bar that allows the user to do certain things (like back, continue, save, etc).\tIt is in a statically positioned layer.\tAlso there are certain buttons unique to a certain page where we have problems. The problem is that sometimes if the right amount of data is present in the tables at the top of the page, the buttons get pushed down so that they are on the same row (the nav bar is about 50 px high) as the nav bar, which means that these buttons can't be clicked, becuase the layer spans the whole width of the page and covers up the buttons. is there any way to detect how far down the screen the "current position" is, so that We can put some br's in to make the buttons go below the nav bar rayrheindl@bju.edu
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Yeah it is a type mismatch error. I am sorry too.

Alright the code: Code: The line from that code in question: Code: It gives me the most wonderful "Type Mismatch" error. The reason why I am not sure why that is, is because both values in the comparison print numbers! Can someone explain my lack of understanding
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Developement tool and tutorial

1) I wanted to find out any web site where i can get devlopement tool free on the internet whereby I can program in ASP- other than crimson editor or front page- and which is free and easy to use. 2) Also any good tutorials sites out there for beignners in ASP other than w3schools and on google. Any suggestions\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

A stored procedure takes too long when executed through ASP

i have a stored procedure which takes almost 3 minutes when executed through the ASP page and it takes almost 30 seconds when executed through the query analyzer. the code in the asp page is as under:- Code: Set objCommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command") set rs = server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") rs.CursorLocation = 3 objCommand.CommandText = "{call sp_Website_Usage_Stats(,,,,,)}" objCommand.ActiveConnection = dbconn rs.Open objCommand,,0,1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Google-like tool

I've been tasked with sizing the effort of developing a "Google Like" search functionality for a secure extranet so users can search through documents (Word, Excel, PDF, etc) posted to the website and certain SQL tables for information. We are using classic asp and vb com --- but may also be open to using .NET for this solution. The database portion is no problem, so the focus of my research has been on the documents search. One of the tools that we are looking at is the Google Mini (http://www.google.com/enterprise/mini/) --- does anybody have any exposure to this I would also appreciate any feedback on other solutions to creating a document search solution.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

browsing files/directories tool

I am trying to make a browsing files/directories tool with ASP, and I have found some code from Microsoft Support http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspxscid=kb;EN-US;q224364 Code: - BODY { BACKGROUND: #cccccc; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; } TABLE { BACKGROUND: #000000; COLOR: #ffffff; } TH { BACKGROUND: #0000ff; COLOR: #ffffff; } TD { BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; } TT { FONT-FAMILY: Courier; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; } Please choose a file/folder to view. Name Bytes KB Attributes Ext Type Date Time K However I would like to use the tool that will be put in a web server to browse files on a file server, therefore I've changed the line strPhysicalPath = Server.MapPath(strPath) Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("strPhysicalPath") TO strPhysicalPath = "\\machine_name\Folder_name" Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("strPhysicalPath") to specify the path, but it didn't work. Anyone help would be appreciate, thanks in advance! It's not due with permission, because I've tried with another piece of asp code that is able to writes on the other machine
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP and forms maybe javascript too?

hey i have printerdropdown = printerdropdown & "" & rsPrinter("id") & " " & rsPrinter("name") & " ( " & rsPrinter("location") & " )" and want to pass two variables across my forum by selecting just the one. i.e. rather then just passing rsPrinter("id") id also liek to pass rsPrinter("ccid") But dont know how to without making it joined when i cann it on the next page via request.form("printerid") any ideas .matt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Free upload tools

Hi all, I was wondering if the free upload tools are recommended to use. Can anyone recommend a good trusted site that has upload tools.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Please help..how many workdays it took to close a call.

I really hope you can assist me with this. I am writing a call logging system, .....no problem. PROBLEM I have to query the db ( access) to find out how long it took to close the call. Between startdate and enddate It must count only workdays, no weekends (holidays is not a problem). using asp Please ...does anyone have any idea. "I'm stuck" Thank you Albert
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!