Text box problem

I have a strange problem. I have 2 text boxes which look like this in code:

Code:
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:44:36 AM Total Views:  240
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Action on textfield losing focus

I have a bunch of text fields that the user tabs through. How would I go about calling a function when a specific textbox loses focus so that when they tab out I can make a pop up and allow them to select some info. THanks.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How can i lock a textbox value in a form !?

How can i lock a textbox in a form ! so no body can change its value
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP page that submits to itself and appends text

Hi I have created a page that submits to itself. A user can input text in a textbox and onsubmit the text is displayed in a table row on the same page. What I would like is for the user to add some more text to textbox, and onsubmit this text should be added as new table row without lossing the previous rows. i.e The html table is appended to on every submit. I would ideally like to be able to do a same thing with a list box, i.e keep appending textbox input as an additional new item in a listbox. Here is what I have so far Your name:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Dropdown box copy to text box, help

I have a dropdown box whose contents i want to automaticaly display in a accompanying text box when a selection is made in the dropdown. My dropdown box is populated by a access database query and when someone chooses one of the options, i want that option to display in the accompanying text box. I hope this makes sense. I'm not sure how to use the "onclick" javascript function. Can anybody help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

help please wanted :( stuck with passing text ID from one page to another

hello i'm really stuck ... my database has a table with a primary key that is both text and numeric (seems like a bad idea now but there's 1000s of records so too late to change it (((( basically i want to pass this from one asp page to another using the ID=house_ID house_ID being the offending key the other end i pick it up using lngRecordNo = Request.QueryString("ID") and then my sql statement is as follows ... strSQL = "Select * FROM House WHERE House_ID LIKE " & lngRecordNo but it doesn't work .... i'm getting the rather generic error message of Too few parameters expected 1. anyone got any ideas also if i want to use date in a where clause how do i format it i've tried < " # Now() # ";" but it doesn't like it because of the quote marks inside of the sql statment sorry if this seems like a dumb problem / problems but i've been stuck with them both for days now and would really appreciate some guidance from you clever chaps )))) cheers Andy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

replacing a specific line in a text file quickly

hey, i have a remove user and change password script written, but the only thing they are missing is the actual text file editing part. i have the file open because i have read it, but how can i delete a line that matches with 'OldLine' and put 'NewLine' where it was with a couple of lines of code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

command text not set error

I'm getting the following error: Command text was not set for the command object. /supercircuits/results.asp, line 30 I've never encountered this error before. Is there a problem with the syntax Anyone see where the problem is occurring Here is the code to the page:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

binding textfield to drop down list

How to bind a drop down list to a textfield\t I want the textfield value to change for every different option selected in the drop down list.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

dynamic text boxes

Can anyone tell me how do get dynamic content to a drop down text box from a db. For example There are two drop down boxes. First one continents Second one countries. The user selects content from the first drop down box and using the onChange javascript function the data on the second drop down should show the countries related with that content. Has anyone got an example of this Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

CDONTS text based email message not working

I'm trying to send email through a form I created and everything works except the email portion. It's not sending the text message. Here's the script.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

textarea question

, Is there a way to put a cap on the amount of lines you can type into a textarea.....I know it's a noob question. sanctos
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

is there a way to force text in an input box???

Hi all Just wanted to know if there is a way to force text in an input box, for example: 07:00 ( the : must be not be able to be removed)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Wrapping text in hyperlink.

I have script pulling text from a databse which is just the name of a file, e.g: test and I have code which puts a hyperlink around it, for example: http://www.myserver/files/test.doc , so that when the user clicks on it the file opens up for them. How do I check that if the name of the file is a particular filename the address is different. Basically 1: if filename = test1 address = http://www.myserver/files/test1.doc 2: if filename = EXTERNAL address = http://www.myserver/EXTERNAL.doc Here's my code so far: Thank You.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

binding textfield to drop down list - Page 2

thanks but you've given me the source of the page displaying the error after you've tried to run it, it would help if you posted the original source of your page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How can i update a text file through ASP

to all, I am ASAD, i want to know the process of updating a text file through asp how can i update my text file through ASP,pls assist me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Disable textarea & list box ????

What I'm trying to do is disable a text area box & a list box if data has already been entered or selected in that particular field. So, that the information can't be changed after the data has been entered the first time, but it can be displayed. I can't seem to find any examples of what I'm trying to do. Can someone assist me please!!! here's the list box & textarea code I have: Response.Write "Select One" Do While NOT rs4.EOF If rs4("ID") = County_ID Then strSelect = "Selected" Else strSelect = "" End IF Response.Write "" & rs4("Name") & " " rs4.MoveNext() Loop Response.Write "" Response.Write ""
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

find text in database

hi i am building a search form by word from text field in a table for example the table has 1. ID 2. Price 3. Note the Note field of a record could have sentence that contains words or jargon. What sort of method or approach can i use to solve the problem can we use sql statement\t if yes what sort of
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Showing text field based on index

, I'm sure some of you have done this. I want to make text field visible only if a certain index of a field is selected. I came across some javascript using a showDiv property. Anyone have any ideas JohnnyC3pO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

disable textboxes

i want to know if we can disable the html buttons and textboxes dynamically from ASP code if any body knows any method to do it please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

problem with textbox hidden field

hi I have an asp form contain multiple text boxes to enter data. After entering data if I click on add button it should display the same page again and security text box should in invisible. For that do i need to to declare text box as hidden.. But I need that text box for first time after redirecting it should be invisible.. I am confusing here .. What i need to declare for that textbox.. this is my code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!