Sql Server 2000, Access 2000, Instr() problems

I am trying to use the VBScript InStr() function on recordsets from 2 different databases, 1 is
SQL 2000 Server, the other is MS Access 2000.

In the code below, objRS("SearchString") is of type "Text" from an Access 2000 database. The
text is in the format "-CBBA-CDDD-CABC-CAEE". Basically, unique 4-letter strings separated by "-".

objRS2("Find") is of type "VarChar" from a SQL 2000 database. The text is in the format "CBBA", or
unique 4-letter strings.

For some reason, the InStr() function is not functioning properly, (i.e. I am unable to find strings
that I know to exist in objRS("SearchString"). Below is my code:

do while not objRS2.EOF
if instr(objRS("SearchString"), objRS2("Find")) 0 then
Response.Write "yes"
end if
objRS2.MoveNext
loop

Subsequently, say objRS("SearchString) = "-CBBA-CDDD-CABC-CAEE". If I run the code below instead:

do while not objRS2.EOF
if instr(objRS("SearchString"), "CBBA") 0 then
Response.Write "yes"
end if
objRS2.MoveNext
loop

....the code works fine, or "yes" is written out. This leads me to believe that the problem may be due to
data type differences between the 2 databases.

Any ideas or help is appreciated!!
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:40:39 AM Total Views:  192
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Running at server

Does ASP automatically run at the server or is it like .net and you have to tell it too.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Checking server's status

I m developing a tool in ASP.net with vb, in that I want to check for the various web servers whether they are alive or not. I am not able to find fount how to implement this Also I want to check teh response time, so that i can get the server's status, how much busy it is I am just having the URL of the server. Please help me out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

uploading access database to webserver

I am new to ASP and I have been told to write a script that will automatically upload an access database stored in server in our building to the webserver located in another building. This script should run automatically once every week. Please help me out by suggesting how can i do it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Mappath to another server!?

Hi ! I'm not usually someone to post on a forum for help, but I'm really stuck here! This is what I'm trying to do: I have one webserver and one file server. I want to create an ASP script that writes data from the webserver to the file server. Because this is a separate server, I thought I'd create a virtual folder named "test" on my webserver that refers to the right directory on my file server. So far so good... I can access the virtual folder by typing it's alias in my webbrowser -> http://mydomain/test However I am unable to access it through my ASP script. When I do a response.write (server.mappath("\test\")) it returns the right path, but when I do: set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") set f = fs.GetFolder(server.mappath("\test\")) I get the following error: Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a004c' Path not found EDIT: If use a another virtual folder that refers to a local folder, the code works fine, only when I use another virtual folder it goes wrong. I have adminstrator rights on both servers and tried setting up identical accounts, modifying the IUSR account and using my own account...all without any results. If someone could help me out here, or offer any alternatives for accomplishing this (doesn't have to be ASP) I would be very grateful! Kind regards, Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Script to send emails from Godaddy virtual dedicated server

I need a classic asp script to send emails from my godaddy virtual dedicated server. I have just moved a domain from shared hosting and the ASP no longer works. Can somebody help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP- dbf file from Local machine to Access in Webserver

when i export a dbf file from Local machine to Access in Webserver i get a message : Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. what could be the reason. Thanx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do i see if my server has ASP support

Like IIS installed on it. Its not my server, so i dont know all about it or exactly what the company is, but i can upload whatever i want onto it. Im a complete beginner, so can anybody give me some sample code to test if it supports asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

where we can save .asp or .php file run at jrun server

hi, i want to know that for jrunserver what is the name of default directory,in which we can save ".asp file" or ".phpfile" just like in the case of iis we can store in wwwroot. please tell me as soon as possible. manjit
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Read/retrieve Page content from benind proxy server (ASP Classic)

Want to know if its possible to Read/retrieve Page content from behind proxy server what i mean is this. i have a server that sites at a corp business. and to get onto the internet u need proxy authentication. i want to know if i can do this: 1.User accesses asp script on intranet. 2.page runs code. 3.code then authenticates with the proxy server. 4.goes through internet to website. 5.retrieves data from site. 6.shows retrieved data on user's screen Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP files not executing on 2000 servers

all, I have a .asp application lying out on a Windows 2000 server. The problem is it no longer is working. It seems that no .asp files will execute anylonger on this box. I even have a very basic .asp testfile that prints a line off text to the browser, but even these don't run. I got four errors in the event log for each failure. However, the browser displays this (with friendly error messages et to "off"): Server Application Error The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance. The event log errors are : A COM+ device failed to start Did not register with DCOM within the timeout. Has anyone ever seen this sort of behavior. It seems every since we applied a few 2000 patches that this started happening. If anyone has any light to shed on this subject, please do. I would appreciate any help offered. -Benji
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to access variables from server to client (with sample code)

good day. isit possible to access variables (code) from ASP server script to ASP client page\t take for example the code supplied below: 'server script 'client code dim x x = svalue 'svalue isfrom server script response.write x
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

servervariables

When i use this it also gives me the domain name as well as the username. (example, amr\swbouse) I know i can do js to trim off the first few letters but i want to know if there is a server variable that will save me the effort.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to call a sun one webserver plugin from a asp page

how to call a sun one webserver plugin from I want to call NSAPI SAFs from a asp page I need a example that how to call SAFs from a client browser
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Keeping credit card details in a database on a secure server

Can I have your views on saving credit card details to an Access database on a secure server Basically I've got a client that wants to sell products online, so we created a basic shopping cart in ASP. However, my client is adament that he doesn't want to use a 3rd party payment processor such as Worldpay because of the fees involved, and even using Actinic Catalog which can process payments directly to his bank (Natwest Streamline) via a Streamline Interface Gateway supplied by a company called Orbit works out too much as well. So then my client said about emailing the credit card details to him for manual processing. Whoa I said....not a chance!! So then I thought about storing the transactions including the users credit card details in an Access database on a secure server. Now I've looked up on this and some websites say this is secure, whereas other websites say this still isn't really a secure option. So I'd like your views - is it secure to keep credit card details in a database on a secure server or not
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Importing .xls to MSSqlserver

Can anyone tell me how to exactly import excel sheets into sqlserver from the dts I'm kinda lost there. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Writing to a file on an MS hosted server

Please be gentle!! (I haven't been coding asp for long ) I am having problems (permission denied) trying to write a file to my website (hosted on an MS server). I wish to retrieve user details from a form, have this emailed (which I have achieved using aspmail) AND added to a file stored on the web. However, when I try to write using the FileSystemObject, I get the permission denied error. Would this be the correct way of doing this operation or am I missing something The files are in a directory named 'mail' Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP: connecting MSAccess DBs across IIS5 servers

If this is possible can someone tell me (and show me) Two IIS servers and two MS Access databases. I need to populate one with data from the other on the same ASP page. My opening attempts are as follows: Set DB1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.Mappath("DB1.mdb") & ";Persist Security Info=False" DB1.Open strConnection 'That's not a problem. Getting to the other database (off server) is a problem. How do I address it\t Set DB2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=http://otherserver/DB2.mdb;Persist Security Info=False" DB2.Open strConnection 'Yukky If this is not possible, can you tell me how to pass a recordset across ASP If even this is not possible, passing an array will do (can't do that either)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem in DLL when upgrading from windows server 2003 to 2008

, we have an asp project running in windows server 2003.Our team planned to upgrade the server from 2003 to 2008 . We have used ASPHTTP.DLL in our server 2003 . On upgrading to 2008 that ASPHTTP.Dll is not supporting. please help on this is there any alternative for this DLL . regards, divya
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

array with client and server script

I am filling out an array in the server script, but I need to access it in the client script. But I cant. Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Create Folder on the server

hi, How can I create a folder in the server so that i can upload files into this folder. I mean, I use ASPULOAD component to upload my files, in fact, I need to create folders, depending on the ID of the user.... the folder must acept write propriets so that the user will upload into this folder.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!