Show command?

I just got my first web form to show on my browser.\t that shows are just the names of the labels, no edit boxes.\tI tried using,

.Show True, "a:edit;id:1"

but an error appears saying that the ODBC driver does not support this!\t

I'm new to ASP!\tI am using ASPXP!

Any suggestions

Smitty
Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 06:29:14 AM Total Views:  194
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Listbox in update form shows values at end of list

I have a listbox. (used ultradev to create it)If I bind it to the field it shows the values in the list box when displayed. g is value for grapes, b is value for bananasDisplays on web page:___________________ Select One or Moregrapesbananasorangesg,b___________________I don't want the values to show to my users.\tIf I don't bind it to the field, I cannot get it to update the record if they make changes.\tAm I stuck with this behaviorIs this an ASP behavior or an Ultradev behavior
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

window.showModalDialog AND window.opener

Hi..I am using window.showModalDialog to open a childwindow which has sub-options for a question in the main survey form.Why am I not able to access the controls in the parent window using a statement like window.opener.document.all("text1").value \tDoes that mean window.opener works only for windows opened with window.open and NOT for those opened with window.showModalDialog \t Thank you very much.RR
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Trying to show calculations

I am trying to show a calculation based on the data that the user puts in.\tWe showed these calculations in a list box in VBA.\tDoes anyone have any suggestions to show these calculations or receipt\tWe thought about using text area and building a string of the calculation details.\tI am not too familiar with ASP, so any help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

How can i show the Contents of a Table into Arabic

every bodyany one give me tip that How can I show the contents of my Arabic Access table Result at clients browser in Arabic in ASP. I want to use IE4.00 or later only.awaiting replyZahir
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Alert must show up.

When a customer clicks the submit button, this button disappears and a loader (spinning wheel) shows up till the other page appears. But the checkbox "I agree" must been checked first. How to adjust the code to let this work testpage Yam.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

Dropdown state not being shows on form! Tried everything!

, I have a form where the user edits a record. The form consists of a dropdown where the field [status] is changed. The problem is, the dropdown initial value always just goes to the first value in the list, rather than the actual record value. I have tried the following code but I cant get to work: Code: Not Started Bill Bob Joe The status is being passed to this page just fine, as the following write the field status successfully: Code: So whats the deal... Status is recognized and is returning the correct value... yet it will not work to maintain the dropdown value... so right now, the user editing doesnt realize the dropdown is simply reverting back to the first value, and presses save, effectively erasing the previous status... not good.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

asp sort table columns show errors - please help

, I am trying to sort table columns but it kept generating the errors by showing the black page when I click on the column's names to sort. When I clicked on "Cars", it showed black page (not found) and the url is like this: defaultsortby=Cars&Cars=&sortOrder=asc&alpha= And the error page is: The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Can anyone please tell me how to fix it Thank you very much! Code: 0) Then _ strsql = strsql & " where "&sortby&" like '"&sAlpha&"%'" if len(sortby) > 0 then _ strsql = strsql & " order by "&sortby&" " & sortOrder oRs.Open strSQL, myConn %> Cars Shipped Submitted
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Formatcurrency not showing $

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and hope someone can see what I'm doing incorrectly. I have the following but it's not displaying the $: Code: I've tried this too but same result: Code: Originally, I had the following but wanted it to round up and not display cents. Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Why the Request.Form variable shows a 0?

This is ASP and JScript. I request a form variable: Code: var sReviewID = formatUndefined(Request.Form("ReviewID"), ""); Response.Write ("sReviewID: " + sReviewID + ""); Function formUndefined is: Code: function formatUndefined(sIn, sDefaultVal) { return (String(sIn) == "undefined") sDefaultVal : String(sIn); } When I do a response.Write of the requested form variable, I am able to see the value: Code: var sReviewID = formatUndefined(Request.Form("ReviewID"), ""); Response.Write ("sReviewID: " + sReviewID + ""); Browser oputput looks like: Code: sReviewID: 355 However when I try to use the value in a SQL statement, then I see a value of 0 (zero). I am totally lost here. My SQL statement is: Code: //Determine the next ObjectiveGUID to be directed to sSQL = "SELECT ReviewID, ObjectiveID, DisplayOrder from Review_Objective Where ReviewID = " & parseInt(sReviewID); Response.Write ("NextObjectiveID: " + sSQL); Browser output is: Code: NextObjectiveID: 0 Any ideas what could be wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Paging just shows 1 if there are less than 20 records

Code: FOR paging = 0 to recCount/20 IF paging = 0 THEN response.Write("Page") ELSE Response.Write("  " & paging+1 & " ") IF paging < recCount/20-1 THEN response.Write("-") next%> how do i not show 1 if there are less than 20 records
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Getting to show date in dd/mm/yy

I am using access database with date field / date/time and outputting the date like so [highlight="asp"] [/highlight] Now my site is sitting on an american based server (host) and i need to show the date and input the date in access as Australian date format ( dd/mm/yy) How do i do this to make sure it is done properly.\t Thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Get header to only show when display=1

Here is my MSQL Query that calls the layout: [CODE] Now I want this area to only show up when the DisplayNews is set to displaynews=1. NSE NEWS on This is the only area tha that need to loop and not the top of the table. Only the body. I want only this area to loop
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Ho show a progress bar while records are being retrieved.

While trying to retrieve a large number of records, I would like to show a progress bar to indicate that the user are to wait. How can I do so I am not using ASP.Net, just plain ASP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help: show the content.

Hi , im looking to find out how can i make, when the pointer is over a link or picture without clickin on the link an small textbox(something like that) open and show the content of that link. for example in this forum when you go over a thread you can see the content.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Records not showing up as it should in asp page

Hi all, I am new to ASP and tried to do an ASP page up using FrontPage and Access. I have encountered a problem that even when I select all records in the database, the records are not showing in the ASP page as they shld be. The codes are as follows. I need this to be done asap, therefore, I hope that some kind soul can help me asap... Code: Topic Published Date Article   Topic Published Date Article Name TIA!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Question about showing an include file

I would like to have the option to show and include file which has a one line table with a red background and printing to pull info out of a SQL database but only if there is data in the table. Basically it is to show breaking news when it happens before there is an article. The SQL table is called breakingnews and the column is called brknews. If the column brknews has nothing in it, I don't want the table to show up on the page but if there is data in it, I want the colored table and text to show up on the page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to show Excel graph in ASP

hi, i want show excel graphs in asp page. can anyone tell me how to do it. whenever i will update excel graph it should be shown in .asp page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

If user Level than show menu

I tried to make our menu differend for Users for example : If user level = 2 than show Menu (Add Contact) I used this code: Code: Here is the code how the menus looks like: Code: MAIN Help Where the ulevel = user level but it never shows the menu item (ABOUT) How can I use that option\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP Date not showing in the right format

ASP and Access DB. I want the date to be shown as dd/mm/yy UK format it showing as mm/dd/yy on the server (2000). On my localhost machine it is showing correctly in UK shortdate format but NOT on the server. Access DB field datarequested format Short Date ASP Code to display the date Code: Can anyone Help Please Cliffy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem when hide/show details.

I'm having problem when hide/show the details. This is the sample, Status : Open JobNo: Name: 1 John 2 Andrew Status : Closed JobNo: Name: 3 Alice Status : Pending JobNo: Name: 4 Mike By default, it will display as above sample. The problem is, it works only for Open. I can hide/show the details but not with other status. Any idea This is the code, Code: Job No : Name : Thanx in advance..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!