Need a little Help - Pa Pa Pleeze !!!

Can someone please help me with this code. I am attempting to have the user input the information and have the information sent to a database. However, its not sending the input. Can someone please give me a hint as to why its not going..

Can someone help me build the database with each entry. And how can I check and view the sql database
--------------------------------------Input Form ----------------------------

frmInputForm.asp

Resource Pool Time Sheet

Emp ID:   

Firstname:     

Work Date:      

Lastname:     

Branch/Dept:

Time In:

Lunch Out:

Lunch In:

Time Out
        &n bsp;     
        &n bsp;     

&n bsp;    
        &n bsp;     
        &n bsp;     
        &n bsp;     
        &n bsp;     
        &n bsp;     
        &n bsp;     
         ;

Hours Worked:   

By execution of this form, the client shows that the hours listed are
correct.
For Billing Purposes, daily time is rounded up to the next quarter
hour and
time over 40 per week is billed at time and a half.

Authorized Signer:

&n bsp; 
Password:  
        &n bsp; 
        &n bsp; 

Submit

Sub SubmitForm(StrFormAction)
document.frmInputForm.Formaction.Value = strFormAction
frmInputForm.Submit

End Sub

--------------- This is just the include file i'm using to open the database and the recordset..

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:36:27 AM Total Views:  634
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How to do this..need help..please!!!!

..this is my first time join a forum..i hope can learn something rom your all...i newbie in using dreamweaver but i know to use access..my supervisor want me to design some feedback form in the website and can connect to database..i already done the form and the database..but my problem is...i cannot link the db and the form...i get so confuse because i follow all the step in the dramweaver tutorial guidelines...but i can get the same result as the tutorial...so please help me..for your infomation also...i get this error : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. /feedback/feedback-add.asp, line 115 and this my code: code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help with fancy if statement

all, I have the following if statements as part of a larger loop: Code ASP: for each x in rs.Fields if x.name = "HSDisplay" then HSDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then bgClass = "hs" end if end if if x.name = "MSDisplay" then MSDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then bgClass = "ms" end if end if if x.name = "CherDisplay" then CherDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then bgClass = "cher" end if end if if x.name = "GWDisplay" then GWDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then bgClass = "grwd" end if end if if x.name = "SeqDisplay" then SeqDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then bgClass = "seq" end if end if if x.name = "DistrictDisplay" then DistrictDisplay = x.value end if ' final if statement next For the "final if statement" I need something to look at the other if statements before it and decide if >2 of the variables from the if statements = "true" then set bgClass = "district". I thought about something like below, but haven't got it to work yet. Code ASP: for each x in rs.Fields i = 0 if x.name = "HSDisplay" then HSDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then i = i + 1 bgClass = "hs" end if end if if x.name = "MSDisplay" then MSDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then i = i + 1 bgClass = "ms" end if end if if x.name = "CherDisplay" then CherDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then i = i + 1 bgClass = "cher" end if end if if x.name = "GWDisplay" then GWDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then i = i + 1 bgClass = "grwd" end if end if if x.name = "SeqDisplay" then SeqDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then i = i + 1 bgClass = "seq" end if end if if x.name = "DistrictDisplay" then DistrictDisplay = x.value if x.value = "true" then i = i + 1 end if end if if i >= 3 then bgClass = "district" end if next Loops, arrays, etc. Whatever I need to rewrite for it to work is fine with me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Do you need IIS restart if a new field is added to a table?

First off, I'm not a developer who understands ASP, but I am quite familiar with Access. I look after a website which has a tiny one-table Access DB behind it to store contact details of music schools manipulated by what looks like ASP generated by Front Page. I didn't do the database design (if I had it would be different!) and the limitations are starting to show. The website owner now wants to add a 'top of the page' position listing for schools who have paid a fee to be No.1 on the page. In conventional desktop Access I would achieve this by writing a query. However, I'm out of my depth when it comes to calling queries written in Access with SQL, so I decided to add an extra field to the table named 'Position' so I could add numbers to it and then use the (resource hogging) ORDER BY statement to sort them in an ascending or descending numerical order. (Sorting by the autonumbers in the primary key field wasn't an option by the way.) Anyway, for a test I edited the existing SQL statement that displayed music school details for a geographical area and added ORDER BY Surname DESC to the end. (Surname being an existing field in the table.) The result was, as expected, all the details for music schools in one particular area were displayed by the school owners surname in descending order. My next test was to use ORDER BY in conjunction with the new 'Position' field and it's numerical data that I had added to the table. The full statement was as follows: SQL = "SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE County = 'Merseyside' ORDER BY Position DESC" However, this resulted in an error message: error '80004005' Unspecified error /Merseyside.asp, line 171 Looking at line 171 this corresponded to the database connection: 171 objRS.Open SQL, Fconnection Now, the new 'Position' field I added worked fine in a conventional Access query, so theoretically, it had to be possible to manipulate it using SQL. With nothing appearing ilogical in the statement and the error message being a connection problem, is it a possibility that IIS has to be restarted to make a fresh conncetion to the database and pick up the new field on the table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

please need help...

I am really desperate to find out why my database is acting wierd. The default values change when data is inserted. And I know lot of you explained why becoz Access has 0/1, yes/no settings. I want them to display as yes/no. Can someone please guide me as what I have to do, in order to set the default to'No'.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Please help needed urgently

when i send the value from html file as departmentid=112 and run the query in ASP Sqlquery as s=Request.form("Dept") strsql="select * from Departmentid = s" it's not running i tried all the possiblities with '"&S&"' 's' "s" for comparing in the table havig the value is integer i declared the dim s as integer it;s showing error please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

handle an ASP page as xml? needed for sitemap.

, We need an xml sitemap on our website. We can generate a sitemap from the database using ASP (cycling through news stories etc...). But this page needs to be stored as an xml file on the server so we can submit this to google as an xml sitemap. Im trying to avoid the situation whereby every time we add a news article, we dont have to generate another sitemap and submit to Google again. Does that make sense
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Please I need some help....URGENTLY

, When A customer Come to my website and enters their details they are automaticlly given a CustomerID as an Autonumber. i need is to get this autonumber into another entity called Booking, where the primary key is another autonumber called Booking ID. I also need to do exactly the same except with CreditID. I cant for the life of me get it to work, ive been trying for at least a week, can some one please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

logic needed, for selecting rs

Example : If the route runs between 12:15 AM - 07:30 AM... And some drivers availability is as follow.. Case 1) 01:00 AM - 5:30 AM Or Case 2) 11:00 PM - 02:00 AM Or Case 3) 04:00 AM - 9:00 AM Or Case 4) 11:30 PM - 08:00 AM You are given me the answer for case 1...However... My query should be able to pick these case2,3,and 4 because all these cases either fall between the routes run time or cover the route totally like in case 4.... For case 2 if difference between case2's end time and route's start time is greater than > 30 mins, it should be considered. For case 3 if difference between case3's start time and route's end time is greater than > 30 mins, it should be considered. I need to modify my query as above example...how will I do that Code: SELECT * FROM myTbl WHERE PERSON_ID=[pid] AND ( start_datetime between [datetime1] and [datetime2] OR end_datetime between [datetimte1] and [datetime2] )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Newbie in need of help

I have set up an asp page that displays the following error when the page is first accessed, Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c3' Object not a collection Im pretty sure this is due to a global array I have setup having no value at application start, however im unsure as to how I define my global array as empty on application start in order to avoid this error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need "exact match within string" in ASP

I know it is a little early for Scripting week but I cannot wait. This one has me stumped. I am using ASP to query access db on IIS5 I need to find exact matches for search terms within a string. EG "cat" will find cat but not catastrophe from within a large string. I cannot use "=" as that would match the whole string and I only want to find the exact match within the string. I am trying "like '%[!a-z][search term][!a-z]%'" which is pretty clumsy and also doesn't pick up the search term if it is at the beginning of a sentence. Can anyone help me with the syntax here I have racked my brains coming up with all sorts of convoluted solutions that all end up having a flaw. I have been looking around ASP fora and it seems a few people are asking the same question but getting no answers. (you might see my question in some of them...) I am sure there must be some operator within sql as there is in FMP but I cannot find it. Any Ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help needed

Dear all I need help regarding redirection in asp ,let me explain in brief i run a asp web site ,it has image gallery guest users can view images for 5 times but after that they must login.suppose guest user has viewed 5 images and when he clicked to see 6th image page will take him to login page but after he login i want to redirect him on the image he was viewing (6th image) .i don't know how to do this,please help me about this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

two problems, need help!!!

There are two problems which I am not able to understand: 1. Update field is not updating properly. Suppose I want to update a acctno field as 90-456, it is updating totally differently such as -438. But If I update only 456, then it is updating properly. Strange but not able to figure it out. 2. When updating data to the databse using ASP, the fields I have set to default 'No' changes to 0. I can see the new records as 'No' but when updating, it is changing. My coding: 'Retreiving the record select * from tablename where acctno = '" & acctno & "' Order by acctno 'Updating the record update tablename set acctno = '" & acctno & "', cnotes = '" & cnotes & "' where id = " & id I am showing the id field as hidden type.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Almost there, need some more help (AJAX)

Hi , Wasnt quite sure where to post this, Im an asp programmer so I figured Id post it here. Im trying to implement my first AJAX style dynamic dropdown for countries and regions. Im going by an article posted here... http://www.codedcode.com/ajax/ajax-database.asp However this example shows the results printed to screen rather than within a secondary dropdown. I have everything working, just need some assistanec in getting this secondary dropdown in place. Select a Customer: Please Select *********************************************** \t\t Select a Region *********************************************** \t\t Customer info will be listed here. Ill post up the other code if required. Thank you. RJ
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need some help to sort out this asp prog.

hi ! wel i just created a simple asp prog. at iis but not working well.. i will really appreciate if anyone can give me the correct one or locate the errors: the program is to choose the actress and display her name on the page : new program for aimee Please select your favorite actress/p> Aimee JORDANA
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

What software do I need?

Hi all, I am a web designer with HTML and some JavaScript knowledge. I am wanting to learn ASP to open some more doors re types of site I can do. I was thinking of buying Sitepoints "Build Your Own ASP.NET Website Using C# & VB.NET" book. (Would this book be suitable) My question is this: I am running windows xp home, do I need to upgrade to Pro edtion to use the IIS and do I also have to buy MS Access. I use Dreamweaver MX as my authoring software. Is there another way round this or are these two mentioned above a must have. Hope you can help, I wouldn't like to spend the money only to find out later I didn't need to. Onwards and upwards! Mears
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

asp form/checkbox help needed!

Hi im new to asp, just tryin to learn as i go. Basically ive come unstuck whilst trying to create a form which is used to capture a users details, which are added to a members table in sql server then as part of the same form the user ticks some checkboxes to decide which vegetables they want to grow. Im working on a small prototype. the members details go into to the members table however the info from the checkboxes dont go in their corresponding table. Heres some excerpts of my code: --the form code --some of the checkbox code td>Artichokes Beetroot &l t;/td> Broad Beans Brocolli &l t;/td> Brussel Sprouts Cabbage --the asp, basically here im tryin to go through each of the checkboxes and for each one that is ticked enter a new row in the table with that username and the veg name. For Each item In Request.Form("root") StrSQL="INSERT INTO veg_other ([username],[veg_name]) VALUES " &_ "('"& fixQuotes(Request.Form("username")) &"','" & fixQuotes(Request.Form("root")(item)) &"')" objComm.Execute strSQL Next
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

I need a signup/payment processing form

I have the need to create a form that will allow a user to register for summer camp online and also make payment. I also want the ability to export the data to a .CSV or some other simple database file. I do NOT want to export to XML. The form processing program would preferably be ASP or PHP. I plan to use PayPal or some other credit processing company to allow the user to make payment. This is for a non-profit organization so a free or very inexpensive solution is obviously preferred. Can anyone point me in the right direction -Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need guidance in inserting field ( coding question )

I want to insert is the "new_gemetria" field. Is it necessary to enter all the "p_"s as shown below. Since all the rest of the fields are already inserted. Code: if linkSet.EOF then p_new_id = 1 else p_new_id = linkSet("new_id") + 1 end if p_new_id_in = Request.querystring("p_new_id") if p_new_id_in "" then linkSet.Find "new_id = " & p_new_id_in end if if p_new_id_in = "" or linkSet.EOF then p_new_recordType = "" p_new_book_spoke = "" p_new_chapter_spoke = "" p_new_verse_spoke = "" p_new_book = "" p_new_chapter = "" p_new_verse = "" p_new_text_data = "" p_new_gemetria = "" else p_new_id = p_new_id_in p_new_recordType = linkSet("new_recordType") p_new_book_spoke = linkSet("new_book_spoke") p_new_chapter_spoke = linkSet("new_chapter_spoke") p_new_verse_spoke = linkSet("new_verse_spoke") p_new_book = linkSet("new_book") p_new_chapter = linkSet("new_chapter") p_new_verse = linkSet("new_verse") p_new_text_data = linkSet("new_text_data") p_new_gemetria = linkSet("new_gemetria") p_existing = p_new_id_in end if , I thought of another method because this seems too complicated. How about including a textarea wherein is the calculation inserted automatically next to each record (therefore a textarea next to each record) and a submit button on top of the "textarea column". I tried this but it has some problems: since the page holds 10 records at a time what it's doing is taking the result from the 10 records and updating in one record (is one square called parameter). So 10 in 1. Here's the link: http://k.domaindlx.com/gemetria/pageing2.asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help asap.. project due tomorrow 3/9

I'm very new to ASP, and I'm working on a simple project that posts data from a form into an access database using asp. I followed a tutorial for it but it's still not working. I have uploaded all the files. In brief the error is: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. the code is: rsAddComments.Fields("Appraisee") = Request.Form("textarea7") I just installed IIS so I could test this out without having to send it to the guy with access to the site every time, but I'm not sure how to publish it. So if you could help on either of the issues I would appreciate it!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

simple submit button solution needed

i have a simple form in a html page. the form successfully sends data to my database using asp. currently sending details using which as you know uses the small grey box Submit button. what i would like instead, is that instead of using this default button to submit.. i could replace that with a roll over image, that is compiled of the 2 files submit.gif and submit-white.gif and when it is pressed, the form details are posted, how can this be done
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!