Making sessions from form objects

I guess this is pretty simple but i cant figure it out, i have my form object

fldbookingdate = request.querystring("f_fldbookingdate")

and i want to make a session of whatever is selected from the form

i tried: Session("bookingdate") = rs("f_fldbookingdate")

But that doesnt work

any ideas

Thanx
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:36:19 AM Total Views:  509
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Problem with making admin area - Page 2

Hi change your query in the editNow.asp page to Code: SQL="SELECT * FROM info WHERE Klantnummer = '" & strGetUser & "'" if Klantnummer is a number field change it to Code: SQL="SELECT * FROM info WHERE Klantnummer = " & strGetUser
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

storing in session variable making me store it twice?

I'm using a session variable to store a log in so the user only has to log in once every time they come to the site for multiple features that require a password check. What I'm doing is using one central login page that pops up when they click on whatever locked feature they're going for. The password form's action is back to this same page, which has this code towards the top: Code: if request.Form("password") = "organic" then 'Set session password Session("password") = "organic" end if 'Grab the session password = Session("password") Then I can check to see if password equals whatever various logins I have, and forward them to the correct page. This all works fine. My problem is, the second time they try to access a locked page, whether it be the same one or a new one, they are again prompted for a password.. but ONLY the second time. After they log in that second time they are locked in and can freely roam all the locked pages until they close the main browser window. Any ideas why the second time would store the data permenantly while the first didn't Is it related to the fact that the page with the session code is in a pop up window that closes after it forwards the main window to the correct location But if so, it seems like it shouldn't store it at all, instead of suddenly start storing it after the second login. I'm puzzled, any help is appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

help: ASP web site that enables users of making reservations for some resources

hello I am in the process of building an ASP web site that enables users of making reservations for some resources. I want the user to enter a starting date, an ending date, then the resource ID. (very similar to when somebody makes a hotel room reservation via the internet) after the user hits submitt. If there is no conflicts (no conflict in starting date, no conflict in ending date, no conflict in resource) then it goes to the next step and finalize it. But if there is a conflict it gives the user a msg to pick another dates or resources. Where should I start from and what should I use Is there any similar "ready" code available I can start with
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

date picker - making the first date five days away

I would like to modify this so that the first available date that can be selected is five BUSINESS days out. The script only shows Mon-Fri so if the date is Tue Jul 13, 2004, Tue Jul 20, 2004 needs to be displayed. I've reached an impasse. Ash Code: Untitled
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problems making multiple inserts

Hi ... I've got a form with checkboxes and I've got a user with a precise ID. I want my user to check all the checkboxes he wants and then be able to record the value of each checkbox checked with his ID in one table. In other words, if he checks 20 checkboxes, I'd like to have the 20 different values recorded and 20times the same ID. So I've got four columns in my table: contact_id, contact_name, contact_sexe, contact_age, userID(where the same ID will be recorded for each different contact). Here is what I tried to do (which doesn't work): form displaying the checkboxes: Code: ASP code supposed to record the infos: Code: userID = Session("userID") list_contact_id = request.form("conract_id") list_contact_name = request.form("conract_name") list_contact_sexe = request.form("conract_sexe") list_contact_age = request.form("conract_age") set rsContact = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") for x = lbound(contact_id) to ubound(contact_id) MyConn.execute "INSERT INTO contacts (contact_id, contact_name, contact_sexe, contact_age, userID) VALUES (" & list_contact_id(x) & ", '" & list_contact_name(x) & "', " & list_contact_sexe(x) & ", " & list_contact_age(x) & ", " & userID & ")" next set rsContact = Nothing response.redirect "contact.asp" but, as you can guess.... it doesn't work... any idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

making a webpage not refeshable via webbrowser refresh or F5

Originally posted by : Joe (joe@nospamlabyrinth.net.au)Hi Guys how are youMy names Joe and I am wondering if anyone out there can help me please. I have a webpage I want viewers to view once only. I don't want to use cookies or javascript I want to use server side scripting using an active server page.So what happens is anyone can view the webpage but then when they refresh it using any browser or keyboard keys there directed to another webpage.Can anyone out there help me pl
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I would love some help making a repeat list menu

Originally posted by : tim (timstark01@hotmail.com)Instead of explaining my question here I've made a seperate html page with a full explanation of my problem with picturesand examples.I've posted the question to this URLhttp://miona.com/listmenus/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

making report with asp.

Now I'm writing a site, actually with some demands for accounting at my office. So I have to make many reports. Have you ever done this before, please kindly give me some advices. And how about making report using pdf, or crystal report
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

syntax for making dynamic variables

The Database, Web Page, Class, and Session are all referring to their items by the same 4 lowercase letter names. IE: Request.Form("item") Session("item") MyClass.item Select item from... Is there a way I can dynamicly create these I would like to make an array that just holds a list of all the items. then dynamicly create the things i need using that array. (Yes i know the following is far from asp) Code: @aryList = ('jjjj','kkkk','mmmm','oooo') --- holding over 100 items. for each $item in @aryList { $tmp = Request.Form($item) $tmp = Session($item) $tmp = MyClass.$item $tmp = "SELECT " & item & " FROM..." ... The sql one is obvious, but what would be the proper syntax for the Class, Request, and Session
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

making the word search bold

Hi I have crated a search script but i want to make the words that equal the searched words boldSay if i have a block of textStr="hello world this is england calling and so on "the word searched is "england" how would i go about making it bold.the best example is the google results sectionhow would i have to search the string character by charactercheershesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 15th October 2012
View Replies!

question2. making a page finish before showing

Hi again, i have a page which is dynamically generated, table which shows 40 records at a time, with a next/back selection...Now, at the moment the script is at the top and the next is at the bottom, HOWEVEr when the page displays the next/back appears at the top and the script at the bottom...I need to make the page completely load so that the next/back appears at the base of the table like it is supposed to..I have triedresponse.buffer = true.. but dont know if that is the right command.. can someone helphow do i get the page to completely load as it is supposed to before it is displayed...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

I making a shopping cart

senaraiouser enters a part of a "part number" in a form on a an .asp page. A second .asp page returns a list of results in a table, this works great.So I have a list of matching parts in a Table format from one to many parts returned.One of the cells in the table is a submit buttonWhich is labeled "Add to Cart" so there is a button for every row in the table.Now How can I get the part number from th eTable when they user presses say the tenth button down the list.Or is there a better way fo doing itHere is some of my code.-----------------------Parts respond.asp\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAdd to PO\t\t\t\t\tPart Number\t\t\t\t\tDescription\t\t\t\t\tPrice\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \tWritten by: Douglas Poston dposton@universal1.com--------------------------- DougP dposton@universal1.com Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

How to enable paging in my search result without making trip to server

Hi!I have a search functionality in my web page. The search result fetches me more than 1000 records. I want to display 100 records per page. How do I enable paging in my resultset without going back to the server, I mean without submitting the page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Time to find some ways of making my site run faster

pple, I've recently finished doing another update to my website to try and make the pages (especially the ones pulling images from the DB) run faster, For now ill just take the example of my videos page, it pulls 2 images from the DB, 1st is black/white and the 2nd is colored one, when some1 mouseover the 1st image then the 2nd image (colored one) should replace it, the annoying problem is the delay ! there's like 5 or even more seconds delay until the images are changed, how to make this run faster...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with ASP Code and making field required

fellow ASPers I'm trying to get the syntax for making a field required and also to validate a field I'm using CDONTS to send my asp thru an IIS. The from is = to stremail and stremail is = to email address field in my code I want to make the email address field an required field I also want it to validate the field for at least an @ symbol and an "." inside the email address field. Any suggestions on how to do this would be great.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problems making any updates to pages

I just recently took over an asp.net project from a former employee. She programmed the site using business objects. The problem is if I make any changes to any cs files, there aren't reflected in the site, as if the changes aren't being compiled. It's like I hadn't made the changes. So I figure she has the site configured to compile all the cs files into a dll. There is a batch file in the directory with the following code: -------------------------------------------------------- cd C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 csc /target:library /optimize /out:C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PMOTools\CPPortal\bin\CFPor tal.dll /recurse:C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PMOTools\CPPortal\*.cs pause -------------------------------------------------------- If I run it, I get a whole bunch of errors: \\mopppggeweb01\pmotools\CPPortal\BusinessObjects\ _vti_cnf\AccountManager.cs(1,1 ): error CS0116: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods \\mopppggeweb01\pmotools\CPPortal\BusinessObjects\ _vti_cnf\LeadTechnician.cs(1,1 ): error CS0116: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods \\mopppggeweb01\pmotools\CPPortal\BusinessObjects\ _vti_cnf\ProgramManager.cs(1,1 ): error CS0116: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods .....etc I'm not sure what to do next. I need to make changes to the files but nothing happens.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Stuck with FSO / making a new file

I'm trying to record comments in a txt file since I'm not yet familiar with databases with ASP. I am hosted at GoDaddy and the file just won't be created for me I can create it while running on my IIS on my PC tho here is the url http://www.invademyhead.com/comment.htm can someone please tell me why Code: Leave a comment   Name:Comment: here is commentproc.asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Need urgent help (involves making a quiz in asp using xml)

Does anyone have a clue have to make a quiz in asp using an xml file I found a good quiz but the code is in asp.net so we can't use it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Time to find some ways of making my site run faster

pple, I've recently finished doing another update to my website to try and make the pages (especially the ones pulling images from the DB) run faster, For now ill just take the example of my videos page, it pulls 2 images from the DB, 1st is black/white and the 2nd is colored one, when some1 mouseover the 1st image then the 2nd image (colored one) should replace it, the annoying problem is the delay ! there's like 5 or even more seconds delay until the images are changed, how to make this run faster...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

asp code for making Calendar in list box

I need a Calendar in list box way i mean i want to use the Calendar in a list box way for that i did lot of thing but i am not getting what i want what i want is that there should be a drop down box where user can select any date from the running month . i hope any one can help me .i want this in asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!