How to write code to download pdf file from database

How to write code to download pdf file from database.
In main folder there is a subfolder in which many files are
there. we want to access this file through the database
in our website.
Posted On: Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 09:26:22 PM Total Views:  414
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Classic 404.asp Url Rewrite for Unlimited Sub Category

, I'd like to make classic technic of url rewriting via 404.asp without IDs in url, in example; cambodiagateway.com/jobs/10-accounting-finance/ cambodiagateway.com/jobs/accounting-finance/ it is somehow possible in PHP I don't really have much idea how its done there, but there should be a way to do this via ASP also. So I'm looking for it, or we can develop it here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Why do I need to response.write the original string for this to work?

I am decoding encoded HTML...I'm not sure why this won't work without first doing a response.write for the original string, which doesn't appear. If anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated. Code ASP:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SA for multiple file uploads and getting filenames to write to database

I have a form with 4 file upload fields, when i submit the form, the files upload no problem. But what i need to do is grab the filenames to write into the database. I've managed to grab the file names, but if the user doesnt upload all 4 files i.e. if the field is blank, it returns a .tmp value - obviously i dont want to submit this to the database. Any help much appreciated to get these filename values and write them to the database. I did try If request.form("file1")="" then , but it says you cant use this with a binary object Code: Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ASP URL Rewrite

halo..i need some help on tis problem.. how to show the URL without .asp or query string with parameters behind for example, i have a url string : www.abc.com/abc/abc.aspid=1. how can i display the url in tis format with out the querystring example: www.abc.com/abc/1 please help on tis
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Refresh page and write something

hi is there a way i can refresh a page then write a response if its been refreshed why i want to achieve this is becuase i have a edit_news.asp page the form action is edit_news.aspID=whateverid&action=update then an if statement with sql updating the news so the page database is updated but you wont see the changes until the page has been refreshed so i figure refresh the page and write news updated, if possible, i know i can send the edit news page to another page to update it, but im trying to keep files to a minimum Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Response.write

Hi all, How to use Response.write to Output the following Code: Type id="1" I tried this one but not working Code: Response.Write( "Type id="" & "0" &"")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Response write button question

I have an asp script which writes a button given by the code: Code: if rs("notes")"" then response.write("") else end if I press the submit button to get to the next page. Does anyone know a way that I could get it to automatically submit without pressing the submit button. Ie automatically performs the action without requiring clicking on the submit button.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to include multiple variables without having to write them all out

i have many different variables like addr, addr1, addr2 addr3 etc and i want this to occur if addr = "" then error = "ERROR:You have not entered all the required information. Press the Back Button on your web browser and try again." Response.Write error But that only works for addr. Is there any way to include addr2 and the rest of the variables in that statement without writing it out 50 times
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP Rewrite URL

Hi all ! Please help me I have a problem about URL like this : I have an ASP Web Directory source code and I try to change the URL in address bar http://localhost/directory/default.aspid=1504 (I try on localhost) to http://localhost/directory/Arts id=1504 have catname = Arts. Note : when I click on main category it must go into sub category .But I have no ways to do this. I tried IIS Rewrite but not success !!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASPX and IIS Mod_Rewrite

Does ASPX and IIS support Mod_Rewrite This is a reponses I've had regarding my site SEO configeration "I did not said that ASPX is not Seo compatible, but it is very hard and almost impossible to do it, also as I said, you probably have your website on Windows Server because You are using ASPX and IIS does not support mod_rewrite as I know" HELP PLEASE!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Asp tag in response.write

hi im new in asp i successfully added the asp tag
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to response.write SQL?

I tried this and nothing happened! Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Output response.write to file, instead of to browser

Hi Everyone. I have site where the pages ending .html don't really exist, but cause 404 error on the server and in this way I am catching the error and displaying the content to the site visitors. Now, due to slowness of the site, I would like to create the .html files once a day, rather than catching the 404 error once the request is coming in. I want to create the .html files using a script I am writing, and in order to create the .html I basically need to output all response.write calls to a file, instead of the the user's browser. I dont think there is a way to do this (altough I would love to know about it if there is a way), so my question is: Is there a way to output a .asp file output to a file rather than to the user's browser By the way, I tried to write the script in a way that it basically accesses my url as if my script is a script that accesses remote urls to retrieve thier content and then I tried to save the content to a local file on my server. This failed because my hosting company does not let me run more than one script at a time, so basically as long as the script runs, I am unable to request a file on my own server (I fail due to timeout). If this was working, it would have been a good enough solution for me. Would appriciate any help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Can ASP write an XML document?

If you wanted to create a dynamic XML file for Froogle bulk upload based on products from your database, is it possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Response.write table taking to long to load

can someone suggest a better way of doing this Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to write multiple records in a text box

Hi , I have been trying to populate multiple email addresses in a textbox like in Hotmail. My aim is to send a mail to multiple recepients at the same time. I want to populate all addresses to "TO :" section. The problem I face is that I was not able to write multiple email addresses near by near For example xxx@yyy.com; eee@www.com I can only populate adresses one by one in a text box You can find my code which works but not in a way I want.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Interesting problem: write to a file located in password protected directory

I want to write few lines to one file called log.txt. This log.txt is located in one directory called log.dir This log.dir is located in webroot (mysite.com/log.dir/) I protected this directory using password protection from my hoting control panel. So if I want to see log.txt file using browser, I have to enter username and password. It works fine. I have a asp file in webroot called my.asp This file writes some text in log.txt file. I tested this using firefox browser. worked fine. You may wonder, where is the problem then The problem is Internet Explorer. When I tested my.asp file using IE, it asks for username and password to proceed further. I want to avoid this. How can I write to a file located in password protected directory that will work with IE I know it look stupid. ASP work on server side so it should work with IE if it works with FireFox. But trust me, it's not working Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Run Query from onBlur and write to another cell

I am trying to query a database after filling in the first cell in a form(Item Number) and then returning the results of the query(Item Description) to another cell in the table. Here is the query for the description Code: And the form layout Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Rewrite query - Page 2

it might be because of the same problem I have mentioned in my previous post. check your data whether it got time stamp or not. try out the second method i suggested and see what it retrieves.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Read/write Records..

I have 3 Columns in a login table, 'Username'.. One called 'Password' and the other 'Hash'.. I try to create a script that automatic converts all password to Md5 Hashes.. i ripped some Md5 function from google.. I make a connection.. and after that: Set rsCheckUser = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") strSQL = "SELECT tbl_Login.Password FROM tbl_Login" rsCheckUser.Open strSQL, strCon do while not rsCheckUser.eof Hash = MD5(rsCheckUser("Password")) test = adoCon.execute ("INSERT into tbl_Login (Hash) VALUES (" & Hash & ")") rsCheckUser.movenext test.movenext loop The SELECT part works.. But now my problem is writing the hash away to 'Hash'..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!