how to remove comma from text area

I am using a text area for multiple selection of entries through which i want database columns to be searched. but when i get a reponse on the next page, i get it with comma inserted in between multiple selected entries. how shuold i deal with it, so that it is searchable within a column of a database..
Posted On: Thursday 18th of October 2012 09:47:12 PM Total Views:  256
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Passing Null to command object from ASP

I appear to be having a problem passing zero values into my command object to run a stored procedure in MS Access.\tIf the field in Access is to contain text, I check beforehand and assign null if there is no user input in that field on the ASP, the stored procedure runs fine.However, this logic does not seem to work with numeric fields and date fields on the database.Would anyone have any ideas.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Accessing a sprocs return value with the command object

Im using the following code to try to access a sproc return value named p_ind_IndividualID, it returns nothing though. Any ideas\t\tDim objCommand\tSet objCommand = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")\t\t\tDim output\tSet output = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Parameter")\toutput.Name = "p_ind_IndividualID"\toutput.Type = adInteger\toutput.Direction = adParamReturnValue\t\t\tobjCommand.ActiveConnection = strCon\tobjCommand.CommandText = strSQL\tobjCommand.Parameters.Append output\tobjCommand.Execute\t\t\tResponse.Write "return value: " & output.Value\t\t\tSet objCommand = Nothin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

IF and using an AND command

Ok, what I am trying to do is that each page has a unique nummber on it. If (in the query string) the "agent" is on, and the number is correct, I want it to do an include. However, it fails to work, why\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Sending param with exexute command

Is it possible to send GET param with execute command.I tried this but it does not work F: Riku Tuominenriku.tuominen@benchmarking.fi
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Show command?

I just got my first web form to show on my browser.\t that shows are just the names of the labels, no edit boxes.\tI tried using, .Show True, "a:edit;id:1"but an error appears saying that the ODBC driver does not support this!\tI'm new to ASP!\tI am using ASPXP!Any suggestionsSmitty
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Show command?

I just got my first web form to show on my browser.\t that shows are just the names of the labels, no edit boxes.\tI tried using, .Show True, "a:edit;id:1"but an error appears saying that the ODBC driver does not support this!\tI'm new to ASP!\tI am using ASPXP!Any suggestionsSmitty
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Delete button to remove corresponding row in sql server 2005 in asp apge not working

hi , I would be really grateful if you could help me. actually i have got a table in asp page which each row having a delete button.when i click the button the corresponding row in the sql server mudt be deleted. pleas find some of my codes below Server.ScriptTimeout = 7200 if request.form("btnDel") = "Del" then call DelRow() end if sub Delrow() dim sql dim record sql = "DELETE FROM Q_table WHERE QCode='" &Request.Form("txtQCode") set record = Server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") set record = con.Execute(sql) end sub sub LtQu() str = "SELECT QCode,QTitle,A.ABody,Date,ExpiryDate " & _ " FROM Q_table as QM INNER JOIN ABody as A ON A.ABodyC = QM.Abody " set record = Server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") set record = con.Execute(str) RecCount = 1 do while not record.eof 'str = str & " & "" & "^" str = str & & "" & "^" 'str = str & "^" & "" & "^" end sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

Dynamic SQL commands within ASP?

I just have really more of a SQL command question than about ASP, but all the rest of my code is in ASP. Application Description: I've created a website that is meant to be used for Church Music Departments. I made the website dynamic to accomodate the various churches out there. Everyone involved in the music department can log in to this website and grab .mp3's for songs they need to learn, and the chord charts and lyrics. The Groups I have are: Choir Mass Choir Ensemble Musician Worship Leader . . . Depending on the church size, they may have 6 groups, 10 groups, whatever, so it's variable, and they can call their groups anything they want. Here are the following tables that I have: tbl_Members MemberID FirstName LastName .. . tbl_Groups GroupID GroupName (which the groups names are listed up above) tbl_GroupMember GroupMemberID MemberID (related to MemberID above) GroupName This last table simply contains the MemberID, and assigns the GroupName that the member is a part of. I have a webpage that I created in ASP that works well... it's just not that efficient. If I want to edit the groups that a member belongs to, the webpage lists all the groups, with a delete button next to it. One by one, you can delete them. It also has a listbox near the bottom that allows you to add groups to that member. Once you add one group, it simply updates that page again and shows it at the top that it's been added. Again, adding a group is done one at a time. What I would like to do to save a lot of time is having this page dynamically load up all the groups (like the listbox does), except with a checkbox option next to each one. The groups that the member is a part of would be checked. The ones they are not, would be unchecked. you have to do to add/remove those groups from that members would be to check or uncheck those boxes. Now, I think I could figure out the ASP portion of the job, what I don't know... is how to make a SQL line that would know to update 5, 6, 8, or 10 groups... or however many groups there are. I keep running into this roadblock where I need the ability for the SQL command to be dynamic as well, as I only seem to be able to use SQL if I know I have a fixed number of groups to add/update/or delete. Can you point me in the right direction
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Change comma delimiter between posted values to other delimiter

all! I have a textarea on an asp page that posts multiple values to another asp page. The values are automatically separated by commas. I am wondering if there is a way to hard code what delimiter the values are separated by. I need the delimiter to be anything other than a comma.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Function to remove text between html tags

can someone help me create a function to remove text between html tags (so that all I have left is the html tag itself
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

2 dimensional array -> remove order (redim?)

hello experts, question to you.. I created a shoppingcart by using a 2 dimensional array. It al works fine, so adding items works correctly and removing items from the cart almost correctly. This is why i need your help. The first dimension of the array contains productcode, price, quantity etc... (4 elements in total) The second dimension contains the actual orders. Lets say i put 4 orders into the shoppingcart: 1 2 3 4 Example: When i remove order number 2, then the array has to be resorted. This all works fine but now i have order number 4 twice, because it wasn't actually removed. Here is the code: Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Auto-remove bounced email addresses from mailing list

I'm about to build a website which houses a mailing list. The site is hosted on a shared server - I don't have access to the server in terms of installing components or configuration or anything like that. I'm going to operate the list via asp - using a CDONTS loop or JMail to send the mail. I need to do one of two things however, to make sure the list is maintained and accurate. Either: 1. Somehow record bounced emails, so that they are flagged as 'expired' in the database, or even removed. Is this possible using ASP or any common mail component Or: 2. Periodically (e.g. every 90 days) send out an email to the entire list, asking them to confirm their registration. In this instance, how do I automate the script to run every 90 days without an administrator having to remember My hosting company offers a mailing list service, but it won't integrate into my database (which is something I really need, since the mails will be bespoke for each recipient - depending on what information they have signed up for). If anyone could shed any light on the best way to do this, and how it can be achieved, I'd be really grateful,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to remove blanks from a list menu??

One of my tables is used for two purposes so there are blanks in the column I'm filtering. I tried using an IF statement but it still put the blanks in the list menu. Any idea how to remove the blank items\t My code: Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

remove multiple lines?

i'm creating an app where the user will copy/paste BIG word documents into a textbox to save into db. problem is -> some of the documents have a lot of whitespace which needs removed. anyone know of a script / method to remove multiple lines of whitespace i.e. if i come aross a large portion of whitespace (extra lines) i want to remove them and leave only one line in it's place. tia.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to remove the gap between 2 images

i have problem in removing the gap between two images, pls see the attached image. coz my item name is quite long, i dun wnat it display in horizontal, i want it display as vertical. so i create the images for the character and use ascii to recognized it. my code is as below: can anyone help\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!