How to handle this Error?

CreateRecordseterror '80041820'Service is not running.
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:43 AM Total Views:  523
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

An alternative to IngRecordNo to handle a text string rather than a number

, This is quite difficult to explain; I have a page called product-select.asp which outputs images with a hyperlink for that image. This hyperlink then should be able to take you the products.asp page which displays in more detail data and information for that particular record that you selected. However, after clicking on the hyperlink to get to the products.asp page, I get an error:- Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10' No value given for one or more required parameters. This error points to line 28 which is 'rsproducts.Open strSQL, Con' The code that I have been using has been taken from one of my other projects and I have noticed that the unique identifier to determine a particular record is shown as ' lngRecordNo = CLng(Request.QueryString(ID")) ' . In my other project I was using an autonumber as my Unique Key, however in this project I am using a text string (e.g 'England'), and I think this is what is throwing up the problem that I am getting. What is the alternative to the ' lngRecordNo = CLng(Request.QueryString(ID")) ' for a text string rather than a number An URL where you can see my code not working is here:- http://www.jh-webdesign.co.uk/projec...site/flags.asp And my full ASP code is here;-
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

error handler for a form.

I have a server side asp code that is handling an email form. If a user inputs an invalid email address, the handler returns me this error: SMTP.SMTP.1 error '800a4ec2' 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address I'm creating an smtp object set x = Server.CreateObject("SMTP.SMTP") x.WinsockLoaded = True. How would I implement an error handler just for this error message
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you handle cookies when they are turned off?

Just wondering how people handle when cookies are turned off in the browser. Was thinking of adding a session id to the URL with each link - bit annoying to go back & adjust each link though. I need to save a unique ID per session along with two small numerical values (qty of products & cumulative cost of the products). Dont want to have to do up a table with the session ID along with qty & cost associated with the ID. Would people recommend putting the ID, qty & cost in the query string - putting just the ID in Taking into mind that when the visitor comes to the checkout the database is queried for all items in their basket. The quantities and costs are then calculated and so cant be fudged by the URL. The only reason I want them in each page and dont want to have to re-query the db every page access is to show the two figures in a small area on each page. I used to just append the ID to the URL when I used to write WAP apps in PHP - then again it's easier to hide the query string in that sense. Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to handle duplicate records with ASP

all, I'm connecting to an MS Access database using ASP. Within my database I have duplicate records (more specifically records with the same serial no.). When I search by the serial number only the first record is displayed. I would like to display all records containing the given serial no.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

"Row handles must all be released before new ones can be obtained."??

Originally posted by : swani (sko@antarix.net)I get the error when i try to call an asp function with a query. each time i close and open the recordset connection. But i get this message\thelp pls..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can we handle this error ASP 0113 .

Originally posted by : Ramu (ramu_narne@hotmail.com)I don't want to show this error.i want to redirect to error page when this error occurs.Error Type:Active Server Pages, ASP 0113 (0x80004005)The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Best way to handle timeouts?

Originally posted by : Bill OWhat is the best way to handle timeouts When verifying credit cards through Verisign (COM object) every once in a while the call out to Verisign does not return (network comm problem) and the ASP page times out. Is there any way to trap this and display an error page instead of error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out This does not use the command or connection object so setting those timeouts wont help.The only thing I've seen is the MS suggestion to use MTS, but the ASP 0113 timeout error page is still displayed (just allows you to cleanup).Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to handle Spaces in Variable for creating href..

Originally posted by : Sanjay Goel (sgoel@indcon.com)HiI am creating href in one coloum (output of searches) which is in tabular form..eg. Where Actual value for this variable is "Sliver Stream"You know, spaces should be converted to %...Can anyone tell me how to convert the variable in proper format for href..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to handle this error 80040e21

Originally posted by : Greg MViolation of PRIMARY KEY contraint.How can I trap this error and redirect then to a page where it explains to them the error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

Got error 127 from table handler

Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.21-nt]Got error 127 from table handler/Trial/dbase_admin/asp/login.asp, line 108CODEDatabase Administrationfunction validate(df){\t\tif(df.username.value=="")\t\t{\t\t\t\talert("Please insert The Name of the Database")\t\t\t\tdf.username.focus();\t\t\t\treturn false;\t\t}\t\tif (df.password.value=="")\t\t{\t\t\t\talert("Please insert a password")\t\t\t\tdf.password.focus();\t\t\t\treturn false;\t\t}\t\treturn true;}\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tFares Admin Access \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tUsername\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tPassword\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tdocument.form.username.focus();\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tInvalid username or password. Try Again...! \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 15th October 2012
View Replies!

VBScript runtime error: Type mismatch: 'ready_it' was not handled

I am having a problem with an ASP page I am trying to write. When I try to execute , I get this error:Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Type mismatch: 'ready_it' was not handled.I do not get the error if I remove the 'runat=server', but I need that to create a object from a DLL registered on the server.I am thoroughly confused.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 15th October 2012
View Replies!

Best way to handle conditional string manipulation

Id like some input on a topic thats got me baffled, but I think I know the answer already (which would be Regular Expressions).\tIm building a blogging app and dynamically rewriting the paths so that theyre a bit friendlier than query string-based URLs.\tHowever, I have the following structure that I need to take certain behavior on, in other words, apply specific rewriting to.(these values need to be ignored completely)/blog/blog//blog/index.aspx (these values need to redirect to AUTHOR_POSTS.ASPX)/blog/jsalas/blog/jsalas//blog/jsalas/index.aspx (these values need to redirect to READ_BLOG.ASPX)/blog/jsalas/11.aspx/blog/jsalas/11.aspx#comment457/blog/jsalas/11.aspxpage=2#comment457What would be the best way to handle the manipulation of strings\tIm examining the Request.Path value and messing with it, but Im unsure at this point if it would be better to do a massive if...then statement, or use a RegEx, or do an Array.Split thingy.\tIve been looking at this way too long and its starting to not make any sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

How does a "Form handler" work?

I have several online forms used by about 6 different departments that feed their results into the same database table (Access database). Some departments have a slightly different form so some of their results will go into a different field than others.\tWould this create any conflicts and what if per chance two people submit a form at the same time then what happens\tI believe there is something called a forms handler on the server that puts them in a que but I'm not sure\t2.\tThere's a lot of data to be collected and many questions that feed into this table.\tIs there a limit on the number of fields you can have
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how do I handle a null variable

I have an ASP page that opens a recordset and then loops through the recordset. Every row sets the session("target") variable to the value of the image_id.\tEverything works ok until you hit an individual without an image.\tIf there is no new image_id then the last image_id stays in memory and the wrong photo shows up with the person without a photo.How can I set the session("target") to null when there is no photo online.any suggestions would be appreciated...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Type Mismatch / An unhandled data type was encountered.

Can someone please help me out I get this error Response object error 'ASP 0106 : 80020005' Type Mismatch /pending.asp, line 0 An unhandled data type was encountered. this is the code i added Code: deletecnum = Split(Request.Form("select"),",") If UBound(deletecnum) > 4 Or Len(Request.Form("select")) = 0 Then Response.Redirect(SortBaseURL & "&msgcd=js01") Else if request.form("submit") "" then For x = 0 To UBound(deletecnum) response.Write(deletecnum) Next end if end if
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Best way to handle large ASP files

I have an asp file that I run on a schedule. It is currently 727 lines long and currently take between 2 and 8 seconds to run through. This is still in development, and I estimate that the code could get rather large and take maybe an hour to run. Does anyone have any ideas on how to develop this code Maybe splitting the asp file into chunks and running them, then passing to another asp file using querystrings to perform the next part of the operation Is there any downfalls in constantly 'redirecting' to complete this task. Any thoughts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to handle invalid request

i have a view.asp in which i am using select statement such as "select * from table where id=" & id its give error message that either bof or eof is not true when the id is not available suppose there are records from 1 to 100 id no if i enter 111 then it gives error how to handle invalid id no plz help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Catch a compilation error and handle gracefully

I have an asp page that is dynamically created by another asp page. This asp page is a pretty simple select case statement that writes out values. Code ASP: Response.Write "Visit this site Sitepoint!" The data is entered through a CMS and the span tag with a style attribute is being entered in a text box in the CMS (not supposed to, but users do it anyway) Now if a user enters this span tag with single quotes, the asp gets written out like this. Code ASP: Response.Write "Visit this site Sitepoint!" This causes a error Code ASP: Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401' Expected end of statement Since I can not change this from happening is there a way I can code to catch this error and do something with it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

handle an ASP page as xml? needed for sitemap.

, We need an xml sitemap on our website. We can generate a sitemap from the database using ASP (cycling through news stories etc...). But this page needs to be stored as an xml file on the server so we can submit this to google as an xml sitemap. Im trying to avoid the situation whereby every time we add a news article, we dont have to generate another sitemap and submit to Google again. Does that make sense
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

array: unhandled data type trouble

I have a pretty standard sub that is coded for adding items to a cart array and im using querystrings to send the data to the Add to cart page. CART CODE: Code: SUB addtocart(itmID,itmNM,itmPR,itmOP) If Session("cartmax") = "" Then Session("cartmax") = -1 Session("cart") = Null Else cartMax = Session("cartmax") End If If cartMax = -1 Then Session("cart") = Null Cart(0,0) = itmID Cart(1,0) = 1 Cart(2,0) = itmNM Cart(3,0) = itmPR Cart(4,0) = itmOP cartMax = 0 Session("cartmax") = cartMax Session("cart") = Cart Else If IsArray(Session("cart")) Then For i = 0 to cartMax Cart(0,i) = Session("cart")(0,i) Cart(1,i) = Session("cart")(1,i) Cart(2,i) = Session("cart")(2,i) Cart(3,i) = Session("cart")(3,i) Cart(4,i) = Session("cart")(4,i) Next End If For i = 0 to cartMax If Cint(Cart(0,i)) = Cint(itmID) Then Cart(1,i) = Cint(Cart(1,i)) + 1 blnInCart = True End If Next If blnInCart True Then cartItem = addCartElement() If IsArray(Session("cart")) Then For i = 0 to cartMax Cart(0,i) = Session("cart")(0,i) Cart(1,i) = Session("cart")(1,i) Cart(2,i) = Session("cart")(2,i) Cart(3,i) = Session("cart")(3,i) Cart(4,i) = Session("cart")(4,i) Next End If Cart(0,cartItem) = itmID Cart(1,cartItem) = 1 Cart(2,cartItem) = itmNM Cart(3,cartItem) = itmPR Cart(4,cartItem) = itmOP End If Session("cart") = Cart End If END SUB and my problem is - Error Type: Response object, ASP 0106 (0x80020005) An unhandled data type was encountered. /cart/addtocart.asp Even if i manually type in the data in the querystrings it still returns this error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!