How do I protect my asp files?

I have a login page(page A) in which after successfully logging in, the user is directed to another page(page B).\tHow can I protect this page(page B) from users directly typing in the URL, by passing the login page(page A)
Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 02:13:16 AM Total Views:  396
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Connection to a password protected Access DB

What is the proper syntax to access a protected db in accessThe folling code gives me a page not found as soon as I add:Database Password= passwordHere's my code in global.asa Sub Application_OnStart Application("connection") = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0:Database Password= password; Data Source=" & Server.Mappath("data.mdb") & ";" End Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Dreamweaver forms,asp files, access databases

This is my first go at writing scripts.i want to capture data entered on a form and write it to an access database. I know this subject has been covered previously but i'm still a little confused so any help would be very much appreciated. OK, heres the situation.I have created a form in dreamweaver - 2 textboxes (Name and IDand 5x5 groups of radiobuttons. At the moment i'm just seeing if what i enter in the textboxes will be written to an access db table named "table".In the form header i have the following: form layout (at the end)The script in my submissions.asp file looks like this:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

I have a problem registrering a third part component for upload files.

from client to web server. The regsvr32 throws this message:an error registrering ASPUpload.dll. error 0x000007e.What's the problem, and how I register the library propertly
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Cutting off access to non html and asp files on webserver

I have NT 4.0 with IIS optionpack 4 on it.\tI have a website running on it with ASP, HTML, and some JavaScript.I have some Access 2000 databases that I'm hitting for messageboards and guestbooks.\tMy problem is if someone knows the name of a file on my server, such as a .mdb file, or any other, they can simply type in the url/#filename# and download the file.\tI would like to prevent this.\tAnyone know how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

VBScript to catalog sites and files for cleanup?

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for building a VBScript that I can add to map out my web site. I am not allowed to use or purchase a program to do this. My basic theory not fully thought out and open for ideas Basically, I have a website that has been updated for several years but nothing has been removed. Files exist that are no longer used, asp pages linked that don't work, asp pages on the drives that are no longer used.... sloppy. I was thinking if I can somehow crawl the code and capture references to the sites and files I can then use this to clean things up. I was thinking a SQL table for site information and a table for file information. Then putting a VBScript in my master page or header (one that runs across all sites) that would log the results of current page where it does not exist. I can also add a page hit count to find most used pages which is a added bonus. [SQL Table Ideas] Sites Table SiteID (PK Identity), ParentID (FK on SiteID), SiteTitle, VirtualPath, CreationDate, ModifyDate, LastVisitDate, HitCountID, Status SiteHitCount HitCountID (PK Identity), SiteID (FK from Site Table), Year, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Document Table DocID (PK Identity), ThumbPath, FileSizeBytes, FileType, VirtualPath, CreationDate, ModifyDate, LastVisitDate, Status SitesDocs Table () SiteID (FK from Document Table), DocID (FK from Sites Table), Status Further, If I have all this logged I can then find all sites that point to another site and this way if I make a change I can make sure all sites are changed. Might even be able to automate the cleanup by moving pages to a new location and finding all references of the links and making those changes. I could even run a script to catalog all files on the system (in website virtual directory) and then correlate data to move/delete all old files. As you can see something like this could be very helpful in managing a large site. I am open for ideas on table design, information collection (what might be needed), possible VBScripts, and really any further expansion on the basic theory.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

zip files for download

Hi I have created a form where it consists of a checklist from which the user select which files they would like to download. When the form is submitted, i would like the files that have been checked to be zipped up and then made available for the user to download/save to their machine. Does anyone have any ideas how to execute this The server i am working on is IIS6 on Server 2003 R2. I have looked at this component but have add no joy with it, the page executes but nothing happens. Are there any other alternative components that anyone has had experience with link
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Include asp files in an asp page

, Been having a problem in using the IF statements, What I want is when I open the index.asp the lgoin bar at the top should look to see if any cookies are present if their is then show welcome user.asp else show logindex.asp. The code I have is: Code: end if %> When i try the page it doesnt load either asp file...any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Email address protection in site

hi, i have admin email address (mine) sotred in a db on my site and its used all over the site. i just got spam mail sent from me to me so im presuming some dirty little site has gotten it from my website... how do i stop this and how can i find out where its getting my address from cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Paging files from directory

I'm displaying files from a directory. Now I want to show only 10 files/page without having to list all the files in the directory. The user the clicks Next to see the next 10 files and so on... Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Include asp files in an asp page - Page 2

Try changing the line to this... Code: Set f = OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath(strFileName), 1)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Interesting problem: write to a file located in password protected directory

I want to write few lines to one file called log.txt. This log.txt is located in one directory called log.dir This log.dir is located in webroot (mysite.com/log.dir/) I protected this directory using password protection from my hoting control panel. So if I want to see log.txt file using browser, I have to enter username and password. It works fine. I have a asp file in webroot called my.asp This file writes some text in log.txt file. I tested this using firefox browser. worked fine. You may wonder, where is the problem then The problem is Internet Explorer. When I tested my.asp file using IE, it asks for username and password to proceed further. I want to avoid this. How can I write to a file located in password protected directory that will work with IE I know it look stupid. ASP work on server side so it should work with IE if it works with FireFox. But trust me, it's not working Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Search engines and password protected pages

Question for all you gurus: I have a client who has repeatedly asked about getting a site-wide search engine for their website. There's arguments for and against, but I'm more worried about the practical aspects of the request. The site is largely composed of password-protected pages. Member data is stored in an Access database. The pages are all secured by a basic include file that checks against session variables to see if the user is logged in. If "yes," they can see the page. If "no," they are redirected to a login page. Standard stuff. One of my biggest arguments against the search engines is that since they can't get into the protected pages to index them, those pages will not be included in search results. Since the protected pages make up about 90% of the site, this pretty much renders the search engine useless. Have any of you encountered a similar situation Any thoughts on a way for the search engine to index those protected pages As far as the search engine goes, I was planning on cheating and using a form that sends requests to a simple google site search (it works surprisingly well on the non-password protected pages), although I'm open to other suggestions if you have any.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

File protection

hey is there any way to protect files or a folder from unauthorised access, i.e. when a variable is false e.g. when variable li = 1 then grant access to folder and files within when variable li 1 then deny access i have a folder with images and word documents i only want people with the variable set to 1 to be able to access them. is there a way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

need help protecting contents of folder

hi, what is the best way to protect a folder of files on an asp site so that only people who have logged into the site are allowed to view the files would it be best to put them inside a cgi-bin and then have a page with links to the files, or is there a better option
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

authentication protection of non-scripting pages (ex. htm, html, jpg...etc)

I have a site that currently is password protected, using a combination of ldap authentication and asp session management. So for every asp page, I check the session to make sure they're authenticated, if not I send them to the login page. BUT.... there is a robohelp componenet that is almost a website within this website. these robohelp files are htm or html based, so I'm unable to put asp scripting (to check for session authentication). So, my problem is, how do i protect these pages using my existing framework Any ideas would be welcome.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!