freebies site script

hi, can anyone help me to find a script like the script on this site please http://www.offertix.com/
I dont think that this is something big, but am not an expert sorry
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:36:03 AM Total Views:  545
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

freebies site script

hi, can anyone help me to find a script like the script on this site please http://www.offertix.com/ I dont think that this is something big, but am not an expert sorry
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Problems with IIS and two ASP sites

I have 2 sites hosted on the same server(IIS) and I encountered a very weird behavior. I enter the first site and browse for a while. Then I click a link to a page from the second site. This page contains only a simple form, for login. I do NOT fill the form, just load the page and the click Back button from browser. Now I'm back in the first site. But I can browse anymore, because if I click a link the browser tries to load the requested page until I get gateway timeout. Do you have any idea about this Maybe the fact that both sites are on the same server isn't the problem. I just mentioned that so you can see the whole context. Thank you very much for help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Mobile Website Development / WURFL

Hi all, I looked for this topic in the forum and found a thread, where CYBERAX said to have shared information on this topic, but I can't find it. Neither in Articles, nor in Forum posts. Can somebody please give me hints to more information on : * WURFL implementation in classic ASP * Other means of getting device capabilities in ASP (e.g. WTAI, WML capabilities)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with emailing a website form using an SMTP server

Hi There,

We'd like to include a contact form on our website that gets emailed to us. Because of our hosting provider we have to use their SMTP server and ASP 1.1 (we can use ASP 2.0 if we request it) and can't install other modules on the server.After a bit of reading (and looking at the generic example script our Hosting provider sent us) we think we understand the basics but need some help - particularly with combining several form fields into the body of the email. We'd like to get our hands dirty with a bit of ASP but if people don't think it's that easy then we'd be happy to pay to have it coded (although we don't have much money, hence trying to figure things out ourselves). Here's the form we have on our page:
(not sure why the original developer put each form element into a separate div but they did) Code: Name: Email: Phone: Address: City/Suburb: And here is the code script example supplied by the Host. We've put this into a separate page called "sidebarcontact.asp": Code: We're having a bit of trouble figuring out how all this fits together so have some specific questions. - How do we put the email address from our form into the "mail.From" area of the above script
 - How do we combine the Name, Email, Phone, Address and City/Suburb fields into mail.Body We'd read about specific ASP fields for use in forms but when we tried them, noticed that they didn't pick up the styling when we inserted class="".
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

website users have to wait to long for a function to complete

I have an ASP webpage which, on form submit, 1. saves some data to the MySQL DB, 2. reloads the page 3. calls a function which runs a query (which sends out a bunch of personalized, individual emails) and when the function completes 4. redirects to a different page Code: The problem is that the function can take quite awhile to complete before returning to the asp page for the response.redirect. (at 1 second per email it can be 5 minutes(!) to send 300 individual emails) I can't have my wesbite users wondering what's going on before being redirected - and I don't want them to have sit watching a "wait/progress" screen... Since ASP is not a multi-threading language, is there a way to break this up using javascript or some other voodoo so that my the ASP page does steps 1,2 and 3 and then have users sent on to the redirect while the server happily goes about its busuness of completing the function (Prefer NOT to change the page from ASP to PHP at this time, if possible) Here's the function that's called. Note that it is using variables from the ASP page... Code: function sendNewJob(idUser,idPosting,radius) dim msgBody,oSitters,oCollection set oSitters = getSittersRSForJobPost(getRecordSet("SELECT Latitude FROM Users WHERE idUser=" & idUser)("Latitude"),getRecordSet("SELECT Longitude FROM Users WHERE idUser=" & idUser)("Longitude"),radius,false,0) set oCollection = server.createobject("Scripting.Dictionary") do while not oSitters.EOF if len(oSitters("email")) > 0 then if not oCollection.exists(replace(oSitters("email"),"@","+")) then oCollection.add replace(oSitters("email"),"@","+"), 1 msgBody = msgHeader & _ "text of email here" & msgFooter SendCDOSYS oSitters("email"),salesEmailAddress,"subject of email here",msgBody 'response.write oSitters("email") & "" end if end if oSitters.MoveNext loop set oCollection = nothing set oSitters = nothing end function
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Time to find some ways of making my site run faster

pple, I've recently finished doing another update to my website to try and make the pages (especially the ones pulling images from the DB) run faster, For now ill just take the example of my videos page, it pulls 2 images from the DB, 1st is black/white and the 2nd is colored one, when some1 mouseover the 1st image then the 2nd image (colored one) should replace it, the annoying problem is the delay ! there's like 5 or even more seconds delay until the images are changed, how to make this run faster...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Checking Links in ASP site

I've just started using a PC based client to validate URLs in a website OS is Windows XP/IIS + Classic ASP + ASP.NET 2.0 The ASP site being checked displays info from a database lets say pagename.aspID= displays records from the database The checker seems to check all previous invocations of the page. So it reports checking links in pagename.aspID=1 pagename.aspID=8 pagename.aspID=28 pagename.aspID=333 etc. etc. etc. This means thousands of 'pages' are checked for the site These aren't real pages(files) on the disk. Are they However they do persist over a reboot. Where are these 'pages' actually stored
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

handle an ASP page as xml? needed for sitemap.

, We need an xml sitemap on our website. We can generate a sitemap from the database using ASP (cycling through news stories etc...). But this page needs to be stored as an xml file on the server so we can submit this to google as an xml sitemap. Im trying to avoid the situation whereby every time we add a news article, we dont have to generate another sitemap and submit to Google again. Does that make sense
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Giving back to sitepoint: ASP Calendar Object

, I've been frequenting Sitepoint for a long, long time and have always been able to depend on the members here for tips and direction to solve everyday programming and development challenges. As a way of saying thanks I'm posting an ASP Calendar Class I built that is really simple to use. To use this calendar class, copy the following code and save it as calendar_class.asp. Then copy the code below it and save it as an ASP page in the same directory. Run it on an ASP server and it will show a standard looking calendar. Style it up with CSS. There are tips in the notes at the top of the class declaration. Have Fun calendar_class.asp Code: calendar.asp Code: Simple OO Calendar #deskCal td.today {border:solid 1px #000;} #deskCal td.weekdays {padding:0 3px;}
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

tracking user usage of site

Hi Guys, I developed a website a while back and my client wants to track user usage of the website. Basically he wants to know: who logged-in, what pages he visited and when he left. Is there an example of such idea somewhere or do I have to start from scratch. The website is in Classic ASP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Market Summary Tickers for ASP site

Does any one know any companies or API or web services that i could use to integrate things like Market charts, Mortgage calculator itd into my web site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Lock files and folder on my site ?

how i can lock files and folders on my site (with script)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

SQL Injection exploiting my client's website HELP Please!

Hi folks, I am new here and am hoping someone can help me. I have been fighting off these attacks over and over for months with the help of a .NET developer friend of mine. Everytime we think we have it we get hit again. I am using .ASP and .ASP.NET with MsSQL Server2000. I have multiple sites getting hit, we have changed everything to stored procedures. Lets start with my simplest of .ASP sites since my .NET developer isnt here to help me. On this first page (auctions_detailed.asp) I am displaying details (DB values) of an event based on 2 ID's (below) that are being passed via String to this page from a previous page. I request the ID's here: lid = cint(request("lid")) ob = cint(request("ob")) I use the following code to call a Store Procedure I created: Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") sql= "sp_ListingDetails" & lid rs.Open sql,dbconn,1,1 Here is the Store Procedure itself: CREATE proc dbo.sp_ListingDetails @lid int as SELECT dbo.W_Bid_Items.HasPhoto,dbo.W_Listing_Details.*, dbo.W_Items.Item_Title, dbo.W_Bid_Items.Item_ID, dbo.W_Bid_Items.BidItemId,dbo.W_Bid_Items.IName , dbo.W_Bid_Items.BidItemDesc , dbo.W_Bid_Items.Price FROM dbo.W_Listing_Details INNER JOIN dbo.W_Items ON dbo.W_Listing_Details.Listing_ID =dbo.W_Items.Listing_ID INNER JOIN dbo.W_Bid_Items ON dbo.W_Items.Item_ID = dbo.W_Bid_Items.Item_ID WHERE (dbo.W_Listing_Details.Listing_ID = @lid) ORDER BY dbo.W_Items.DispOrder, dbo.W_Bid_Items.DispOrder GO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Curious on a site

Hi , I've learned very little when it comes to asp, but I site that I saw, called "http://www.spearstats.com/" is this site all done by asp I noticed everything is simple, basic layout which I really like to make, completely off topic site though, the forums are set up plain as well, forums can possibly be done in asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Render dynamic site as HTML

I have a database-driven site which I'd like to render down to HTML. Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) tool to do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

My asp websites hacked.

, I had developed several websites using classic asp (CMS) and hosted all of the websites on one server but that day all of the websites were hacked by some hackers they entered the text using our developed CMS into title fields what can be the reason and second question is how did they found all of these websites are using the same CMS since they are on different domain names and different copies of CMS and databases are used for them. is it SQL injection if yes than how did they found and hack all of them its like they hack it in one line... Please help me.!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

simple .asp photo gallery required for website

Hi There I am currently buidling a website for a photographer and she wants to be able to upload her photos each week, so that they can be viewed on her site by the public. Does anyone know of a free simple gallery system that I could use on this website. Any system like this whereby she can upload/remove the images her self (backend i.e .asp to MS Access) and display them on the public site would be perfect. I would be very grateful for any help on this one many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

QUERY: Mixing ASP.NET 1.1 & 2.0 pages in same website

I know that it's possible to mix ASP & ASP.NET 1.1 in the same website/application so long as they are in separate frames (iframes). This also holds for mixing ASP & ASP.NET 2.0 pages. But what I haven't tried is mixing ASP.NET 1.1 & ASP.NET 2.0 pages in the same website/application but each page in different iframes. I don't think it's possible to to have both ASP.NET 1.1 & 2.0 pages in the same website since IIS defines which ASP.NET version to use. Does anyone know a way to make IIS use ASP.NET 1.1 for certain pages, and ASP.NET 2.0 for other pages Probably one can host the ASP.NET 1.1 website, and link in the iframes of ASP.NET 2.0 pages from another website in the same IIS server. But that's just looks clumsy.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

search feature on the web site

I need to provide the search feature on the companys web site. I have read one of the threads here that this can be accomplished via Google. I can't locate the thread anymore. Is it possible could you please point me to the right resources Thank you , we can use Googles "Google Search Appliance" to accomplish this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Access Database Slow Down Website?

, I would like to know if having an access database (not sure of the version) as the database for an ASP website can be a reason for the web site running slow Just a general comment is all I am after, I know there can be a number of factors (like DB schema, code practice, web server resources, etc.) but I would like to know if just having an access DB would pose any problems My guess is that having access should not, by itself, slow down a web site. But I would like a second opinion. , Just use the right tool for the job... , Originally Posted by asp_funda Yeah & how many Windows hosts are there that offer PgSQL PgSQL was a pain to install on Windows & it got better only from v8, yet there aren't many Windows hosts that offer it. And you won't find Firebird in shared hosting, atleast I haven't come across a host offering it. PostgreSQL >= 8.x is a breeze to install on Windows, and is considered suitable for production (though several of the pg hackers definitely don't consider Windows worthy of any kind of production use). I don't pay attention to Windows hosts, so I have no idea how many offer PostgreSQL. Wouldn't be hard to install. Anybody who doesn't have their own dedicated server(s) is just a kiddie playing in a sandbox. Originally Posted by asp_funda Next thing I know, you might be suggesting that why use Windows at all as its costly & highly in-efficient, instead Unix/Linux is to be used with Apache etc.!! Yup, that's exactly what I suggest. Linux+Apache is much much better than Windows. Originally Posted by asp_funda yeah, why not go for the big daddy Oracle I doubt anyone can claim another database to be better than that, be it PgSQL or anything else, Firebird doesn't even comes close!! Now you're just acting like a little irrational kiddie. Stop with all the emoticons. Originally Posted by asp_funda I fail to understand why people start giving suggestions which are not required!! Did the original poster asked for the alternative databases He simply asked if Access can slow down his website, not whether PgSQL is a better choice or MySQL or anything else!! Yet here you are, chiming in... , Originally Posted by asp_funda I don't think I said anything different!! why waste your time here since this is the ASP forum which is very much Windows centric!! Uh, cuz, just cuz sumtin uses ASP don't mean it must use Access, despite what u leart in ur third-grade computer club. , Originally Posted by asp_funda yes granny, I learnt it from your husband!! you know what, people like you are ridiculous who take a topic to an entirely another dimension from the one in which it was, just because you can!! the original poster simply asked whether using access is the cause of his website slowing down & you are making it an entirely different issue for no reason at all. if it were possible for me, I'd have banned you right now for once & all!! you are sick, you need a doc!! go home to your mummy!! LOL, you're such an irrational, emotional little kiddie. Go back to class or you'll never pass elementary school. One can only hope you someday get a clue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!