Error connecting to OLAP cube using ASP

I'm getting the following error when trying to use ADO to connect to an OLAP Cube:

Server object, ASP 0177 (0x8002801D)
Library not registered

It is pointing to the line:
Server.CreateObject(ADOMD.CATALOG)

I'm using SQL2000 with Analysis Services.
I can connect to the Cube directly via Excel but not through ASP.
I've installed SP3 on SQL and Analaysis Services. This has fixed the problem on other Servers, but not on this one...
Any ideas
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 06:45:35 AM Total Views:  280
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Object Required error

. I posted a question about this form (titled Dynamic Form) but now I am getting a new error but it might be related. I have changed my code a little since the last post. There error I am getting is Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8' Object required: '' /MedicalRecords/MedicalRecords.asp, line 70 Here is my updated code: Medical Records MPI *******Contents of Connection file*********** ****************** Medical Records   Patient MPI Form Patient Name Social Security Address Birthday Date Telephone         Maiden/Other Name Mother's Name Patient Visit Information Date Type Account# CON Location Dis Date Dis Disp Doctor Reason For Visit
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

urgent help needed - recordset.filter error

hi, this is the code i am useing to filter a recordset based on the query string. i do not not why but i get error messages. the message i get is this:: Error Type: ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BB9) Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. /Homework/Trial 1/calendar.asp, line 30 this is my coding Set objRecordset = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") objRecordset.Open QueryHomework, DB_CONNECTIONSTRING, adOpenStatic, adLockPessimistic, adCmdTable Dim username username = Request.QueryString("user") objRecordset.filter = "Student_UName = " & username
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

i got error when iam trying to access by database in my web site the error is given below Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driverserror '80040e14' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'feedback'. My coding is given below with rsfeed .ActiveConnection = cn .CursorType = adOpenKeyset .LockType = 2 .Source = "feedback" .Open end with feed back is my table name my table isn't access please give me solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Checking for DB connection error

I have a basic ADO connectiion like this: strConn = "DSN=myDSN;uid=myUID;pwd=myPWD" Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oConn.ConnectionString = strConn oConn.Open I want to check for connection errors and if there is one, I want to print a message. How can I do this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Get this error:Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8' - Page 2

Hmm...no error message but still says no data is found. Should I be using a form or a link to initiate the search Right now I'm testing it by typing in the link into the location bar going right to the query page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0201

hi ... pls help... i am havin problems with this....i am gettin this error...which i never got...plz help Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0201' Invalid Default Script Language The default script language specified for this application is invalid.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. Need Help Please

My Code is as follows, im basically trying to get the value from a radio button from another page for a vote, take the value thats allready in the table add 1 to the value and then insert it back into the database, then create a voted cookie and redirect back to the same page to view the vote results. Code: and i get the following error Error Type: Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E14) Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. /rz/vote_process.asp, line 123 line 123 is: dataConn.execute insVotes Help would be much appreciated, cause i havent a clue what im doing wrong oh also the value coming from the form is answern1, the name of the field containing the vote results for answer 1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Connection error

i have an error of conflict of argument or incorrect argument error. May be i think the connection is in conflict. the error show the line cmd.ActiveConnection=cnn. Hope your can help. Thank you very much. Or u all got any idea\t\t how to change it work Shipment Description function PopUp(ref) { var strFeatures="toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,locat ion=no" strFeatures=strFeatures+",scrollbars=no,resizable= yes,height=320,width=620" newWin = window.open(ref,"TellObj",strFeatures); newWin.opener = Left; } .label { font-family:arial; font-size:8pt; font-color:blue }+
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP MYSQL ADODB.Recordset.1 error '800a0e7d' Invalid connection

I'm trying to connect to a MYSQL db using ASP and recieve the following error (response.write strSql included): Code: (SELECT * FROM tableFolio ORDER BY Id ASC;) ADODB.Recordset.1 error '800a0e7d' Invalid connection. /portfolio.asp, line 83 code (line 83 in red): Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

CDO error

I am trying to implement email through asp. Does anyone know why this code generates a cdo error Code: Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message") myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO" myMail.From="mymail@mydomain.com" myMail.To="someone@somedomain.com" myMail.TextBody="This is a message." myMail.Send
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Updating a record - getting an error

I have a very simple Access database with these fields: ID | Team | Score I want a user to enter the new score of the team into a form and then it's updated. pretty straighforward - except I'm getting an error at the bottom of this page: ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd' Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. /forensic/update.asp, line 171 And when I submit the page I get this error: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14' Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'id =
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Why I get ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'

I have a query that is tested, and I am trying to get the data by executing it. The connection is tested and working for other queries on the same page. Yet - when trying to execute it - I get "ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78' Operation is not allowed when the object is closed." I searched for this error and did not find any solution. The only thing I want to mention here is - in the query, I have some variable declaration, then a temp table declaration and insertion in that. And finally the main query. Having multiple statements should not be a problem, should it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Caching an error-urgent?

I am new to asp and therfore not sure that I know one of the most basic things, to trap errors on my web site I have two fields where I enter any character from a keyboard and it saves every single one but the + SIGN,just puts in a space instead. I am "escape" ing and "unescape" ing but the + sign still doens't get saved. How can see what is going on and could you please explain how to degub it as I don't know myself.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Sort by error.... plz help

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers- Error '80040e14' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ORDER BY clause. C:\xxxxx\htdocs\login\trade.asp, line 67 rsUserProfile.Open strSQL, adoCon My code: If Orderby = "Type" then Orderby = "Trades.Type" End ifIf Orderdirection = "A" then Orderdirection = "ASC" ElseOrderdirection = "DSC" End if strSQL = "SELECT Trades.Trade_ID, Trades.ID, tblUsers.username, Trades.Type, Trades.Price, Trades.Views, Trades.Date FROM tblUsers INNER JOIN Trades ON tblUsers.ID = Trades.ID ORDER BY " strSQL = strSQL + Orderby + " " + OrderDirection rsSiteName.Open strSQL, adoCon
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

SQL Server error 80040e14

I' m getting this error Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14' Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. page.asp, line 558
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

, I keep getting this error when i load my asp page.... Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' Unspecified error the permissions are set on the folders and database file and I am not using any reserved words. What am i missing.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

IIS5 and IIS6 errors

Hi everybody, I got these errors on 2 servers(2000/2003), can someone help me 1.w2000server, iis5: Server Application Error The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance. Event Log: The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'No such interface supported'. I did reset all windows permisions after i first got this error, but the problem still exist. No idea exactly when and how this problem show up, don't know why and what of my work did that(i think that i didn't mess with the settings by the time when i sow this error) 2.w2003server iis6: At the moment for every web sait on that server there is a reuqest for NT Logon, there were 4 web sites running well before that. I thing something mess up with the premissions: I got work with one of the sites runing AdobeContentServer - I chose the permission from the dropdown menu and i got msg asking me smthing like that: "The permissions for this folder/site are mixed. If you want to put them in order chose 'OK' or if you want them reset chose 'Cancel'". I push 'OK', and when i got the security screen i press 'Cancel'. I think that this couse the hole mess up ;-(. Annonimous access in IIS is on using IUSR_ account After that i reset all permissions here too but no effect. Sorry for my bad english :-(. I reset the permissions using this article : http://www.sometips.com/tips/microsoft/222.htm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Resource error

I have made an asp page and i am using xml in it. I m getting the following error on running my code. msxml3.dll error '800c0005' The system cannot locate the resource specified. Please help me in resolving my problem. Thanx...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

SQL instruction gives an error using ASP

Can any one help, I am new to asp classic and have been working through a book called ASP made Simple. I am stuck on part of the code I am trying which is the following; I don't know why its giving me errors Can any one help please. Thank you query="select id, type,location,brief,verbose,email,wages from employ" where (cont="& y &") and ("type like '%"& x &"%' or location like '%"& x &"%' or brief like '%"& x &"%' or verbose like '%"& x & "%' or email like '%"& x & "%' or wages like '%"& x & "%' ")"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Catch a compilation error and handle gracefully

I have an asp page that is dynamically created by another asp page. This asp page is a pretty simple select case statement that writes out values. Code ASP: Response.Write "Visit this site Sitepoint!" The data is entered through a CMS and the span tag with a style attribute is being entered in a text box in the CMS (not supposed to, but users do it anyway) Now if a user enters this span tag with single quotes, the asp gets written out like this. Code ASP: Response.Write "Visit this site Sitepoint!" This causes a error Code ASP: Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401' Expected end of statement Since I can not change this from happening is there a way I can code to catch this error and do something with it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!