Dynamically created folders and permissions

Is it possible to assign permissions on the fly as you are creating a directory structure on the web server

Bascially, I want to create a new folder for each new user of this system I built. Each folder will have the same permissions and will be used for uploading images. Should I just have write permissions on the parent folder and have the folder permissions inherited from the parent Or is there a better way to do it
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:23 AM Total Views:  420
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

display image, text etc dynamically

Anybody can help meMany of our business partners have a link towards our website. When any user click the link in our partner's web page which links to our website, how to display the specific image, logo etc\tbased on business partner's domain name dynamically. I am just a beginner of ASP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Change the size of a character array dynamically?

I was wondering if it possible to change the size of an array dynamically. For example, consider this piece of code: (Toggle Plain Text) int length = 0; //length of the array char string_1[length]; //the array char ch = 'a'; //character to be added to array for (i = 0; i
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asp: dynamically create 2nd part of form from access db

The code for my first page is pulled from a table called tblCategory and it works fine.\tMy problem is I'm not sure how to approach page 2.\tI need to hold on to all of the information from page 1, to use for page 2.\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t***********************************************************The above code results in what you see below:(first two columns displaying and last two columns of values in source)-----------------------------------------------------------Goods and/or Services:Please select from the General Categories below, any that apply:Automotive\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckAuto\t\tvalue=1000Building Materials\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckBldMat\tvalue=1200Chemicals\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckChem\t\tvalue=1400Computing Networking \t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckComput\t\tvalue=1600Construction Contractors\t[]\t\t\tname=ckConstr value=1800Floor Covering\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckFloor value=2000Forms PrePrinted\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckForms value=2200Furniture Office\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckFurnOfc value=2400Heat-Ventilation-A/C\t\t\t[]\t\t\tname=ckHVAC\tvalue=2600-----------------------------------------------------------^=Category\t\t\t\t\t\t^=ckbox_name\t\t^=CategoryIDI need to determine which of the checkboxes were selected and their value, in order to dynamically create a new set of checkboxes per selection.\tLets say the user selects Building Materials and Construction Contractors (values of 1200 and 1800 selected).\tIneed to take those values (number of values to use based on how many checkboxes the user selects, so will vary) and use them in an SQL that will dynamically create the newset of checkboxes from another table (tblSubCategory) in the same database (using Access 2000).\tIf the user selected Building Materials, the value of 1200 may be foundone or more times in the tblSubCategory and for each time its found needs a checkbox.If the user also selects Construction Contractors, the value 1800 would be used to search the table "tblSubCategory" and create its set of checkboxes, values and names,etc., etc.,\tI'm sure I'll need one or more loops to accomplish this, but am unsure about how to do it, since I'm not very good with loops (they're very confusing)\t***********************************************************If the user selected Building Materials and Construction Contractors on page 1, the resulting page would look something like this:-----------------------------------------------------------You have selected "Building Materials" and "Construction Contractors" from the GeneralCategory list - please provide us with more information by selecting from their moredetailed selection below:Building Materials:\tDoors\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckDoors value=1201\tElec./Light Equip\t\t[]\t\tname=ckElect value=1202\tHardware\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckHardw value=1203\tLumber - Plywood\t\t[]\t\tname=ckLumbr value=1204\tPlumbing\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckPlumb value=1205\tWindows\t\t\t\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckWindw value=1206\tConstruction Contractors:\tArchitectural\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckArch\tvalue=1801\tAsbestos Removal\t\t[]\t\tname=chAsbes value=1802\tAsphalt Paving\t\t[]\t\tname=ckAsphl value=1803\tCarpentry\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckCarpn value=1804\tConcrete\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckCncrt value=1805\tDemolition\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckDemo\tvalue=1806\tElectrical\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckElec\tvalue=1807\tEngineering - Civil\t\t[]\t\tname=ckEngCv value=1808\tEngineering - Elec.\t\t[]\t\tname=ckEnElc value=1809\tEngineering - Mech.\t\t[]\t\tname=ckEnMch value=1810\tEngineering - Struc.\t\t[]\t\tname=ckEnStr value=1811\tExcavating\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckExcav value=1812\tPlumbing\t\t\t\t[]\t\tname=ckCCPlm value=1813-----------------------------------------------------------^=SubCat\t\t\t\t\t\t^=SubCk_Name\t^=SubIDI will problably want to use an include for building the page and I think my codewill have to be along the line of this:varnum = number of checkboxes selected from page 1Loop to count number of checkboxes selected from previous pageEnd LoopvarCkValue = value from checkboxLoop varnum times \tGet value of checkbox selected \tDo while tblSubCategory.CategoryID = varckvalue\t\tSELECT SubID, CategoryID, SubCat, SubCk_Name FROM tblSubCategory\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\ttblSubCategory.movenext \tEnd LoopEnd LoopI think I might have the right idea, but have no clue how to approach it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Get value from dynamically created checkboxes

I have a page that dynamically creates checkboxes depending on which radio button a user chooses..The user can then select a checkbox(s)..if 3 checkboxes are created, thier names are HLTchk0, HLTchk1, HLTchk2 (not an array).\tThe problem i am running into is when i submit the form i need to be able to read the values from each box that is checked and ignore the ones that are blank.\tThese values are then going to be written to a db.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I dynamically select Listbox item?

I have an 'edit entry' asp page.\tIt allows a user to edit an entry they have in the database.\tSome of the data comes from 2 listboxes.\tI am trying to make the listbox automatically select entries, based on the data from the original database entry, so that if they don't want to change the data in the list boxes, the original data will still be in there.\tWhat would be the best way to go about doing this\tI have tried using javascript, and the selectedIndex property, but no luck.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 21st October 2012
View Replies!

How check form values of dynamically named text boxes

I am going to do the best I can describing the trouble I am having.I inherited a shopping cart type application that allows users to sign up for courses online. I did not write this application, but now I need to add enhancements to it.If a user registers for a quantity of more than one for a given course, the number of text boxes to be displayed will equal the quantity chosen... if they register for a quantity of one, there will be no text box. So if I register for a quantity of one, there will be no text boxes. If I register for a quantity of three, there will be three text boxes. In these text boxes, the user will enter the email addresses of the other people they would like to register for a given course.So here's my problem.\tWhen I submit this request for processing, how do I grab the email addresses entered into those textboxes (if there are any textboxes at all)\tI am not sure how to name them, or loop through them to get their values.\tI want to grab those email address (if there are any) and do an insert into the database, along with the course number and session id. And I am further confused by the fact that there can be more than one course in the shopping cart...Here's an excerpt from the code I have so far. I have tried multiple ways to get this to work, to no avail.Sub ShowCart\t\t\t\tResponse.Write"" & _\t\t\t\t"" & _\t\t\t\t"" & _\t\t\t\t"Verify Your Order" & _\t\t\t\t"Quantity" & _\t\t\t\t"Description"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF bMember = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Non-Member Price"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Member Price"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd If\t\t\t\tResponse.Write ""\t\t\t\tfTotalM = 0\t\t\t\tfTotalNonM = 0\t\t\t\tiCount = 0\t\t\t\tsSQL = "SELECT Member_Fee, Non_Member_Fee, Shop.Description Descript, Title, Shop.Quantity, CAST(Event AS Int) As EvNo " & _\t\t\t\t" FROM RP_Event, Orders_ShopCart As Shop WHERE RP_Event.RP_Event_Id=Shop.Event AND Shop.SessionID=" & Session.SessionID\t\t\t\tSet RS = ConnectED.Execute(sSQL)\t\t\t\tDO While Not RS.Eof\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tiCount = iCount + 1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF iCount MOD 2 = 0 THEN\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF RS("Quantity") = 1 Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write RS("Quantity") &"" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"" & RS("Descript") & ", " & RS("Title") & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF bMember = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Non_Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write RS("Quantity") &"" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"" & RS("Descript") & ", " & RS("Title") & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF bMember = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Non_Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.write "You ordered a quantity of more than one for the same course. Please enter the email address(es) of the additional registrant(s)."\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDim qtyCnt\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tqtyCnt = 0\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDo Until qtyCnt = RS("Quantity")\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tqtyCnt = qtyCnt + 1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Registrant #" & qtyCnt & ":\t"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLoop\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF RS("Quantity") = 1 Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write RS("Quantity") &"" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"" & RS("Descript") & ", " & RS("Title") & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF bMember = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Non_Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write RS("Quantity") &"" & _\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t"" & RS("Descript") & ", " & RS("Title") & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF bMember = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Non_Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(RS("Quantity") * RS("Member_Fee"), 2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.write "You ordered a quantity of more than one for the same course. Please enter the email address(es) of the additional registrant(s)."\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDim qntyCnt\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tqntyCnt = 0\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDo Until qntyCnt = RS("Quantity")\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tqntyCnt = qntyCnt + 1\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Registrant #" & qtyCnt & ":\t"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLoop\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tfTotalM = fTotalM + (RS("Quantity") * RS("Member_Fee"))\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tfTotalNonM = fTotalNonM + (RS("Quantity") * RS("Non_Member_Fee"))\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tRS.MoveNext\t\t\t\tLoop\t\t\t\t\t\tIf iCount\t> 0 Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Total:"\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tIF bMember = False Then\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(fTotalNonM,2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tELSE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "$ " & FormatNumber(fTotalM,2) & ""\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tEND IF\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "Email Order to Customer Service\t\tPlace Order Now Using Credit Card"\t\t\t\t\t\tElse\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResponse.Write "No Items on your Order"\t\t\t\t\t\tEnd IfEnd Sub
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 21st October 2012
View Replies!

Printing an ASP page created dynamically

I will do my best not to make this confusing, I hope.I have an order page that passes values to another ASP page to reconstruct the values passed into html format for emailing. Before I create the email format I make calls out to SQL stored procedures which imports and exports data from my database. I am using ASPEmail to create the email so all the code is writen in ASP format. (no problem with this, works and emails perfect.)Next I take the html code (which is in a string at this point) and add a JavaScript for printing and then redirection (which also was put into a string) and have tried one of two things:First I tried to do a Response.Write with the html string and the JavaScript string to the same page.\t This worked to redisplay the page properly with the new html code and executed the JavaScript print command properly but when I printed the page out I got a print-out of The page cannot be displayed due to the page trying to resubmit a stored procedure before printing the html code.So if there is an easy way to fix that I would love to know how.Second I created an ASP file with the order number and then place it on a different hard drive. I also created a virtual directory to the files on my webserver. (no problems with that)BUT FOR THE LOVE OF MEGABYTES I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO "DISPLAY" A FILE FROM THAT DIRECTORY.\tok, I feel better now.I have tried Server.MapPath, Response.Redirect, voodoo, osmoses, you name it Ive tried it. At this point any help is appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Creating additional ASP pages dynamically

all!I'm putting together an ASP page that uses VBScript to read in a text file and puts it up on the page.\tI'm also trying to design it so that if the text is past a certain length, the VBScript will cut off the end, stick it onto a second ASP page and create a link to it on the initial page.\tHere's the code I've been working on (in skeleton form): 1024 Then\t\tDo Until Len(text) < 5500\t\t\t\tSession("text" & Session("counter")) = Left(Session("text"), 5500)\t\t\t\tSession("text") = Mid(Session("text"), 5501, Len(Session("text")))\t\t\t\tResponse.Write Session("text" & Session("counter"))\t\t\t\tSession("counter") = Session("counter") + 1\t\tLoop\t\t\t\tSession("text" & Session("counter")) = text\t\t\t\tResponse.Write Session("text" & Session("counter"))\t\t\t\tSession("counter") = Session("counter") + 1Else\t\tResponse.Write Session("text")End If%>Can someone tell me how I can do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

combo values to fetched dynamically from sql based on the value in other combo

Hi I am a beginner, There are two Combo Box's on the form, one combo box holds the value Dealer and Sales Employee. The second one I want to be dynamically fetched from sql server, when the user chooses a value from the first combo box I want the second combo box to be populated with the names of dealars/employees fetched from sql server accordingly. Obviously a database is required and i've got the data setup in there. As I am beginner I don't know how to do this, please somebody help me out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Delete & Edit dynamically from multiple tables

I have a question regarding deleting information from tables that have a primary key and foreign key. Example: I have a Program table with a Program Id and a Subprograms table with a foreign key for the Program table. Now when I do a delete from the programs table, I will also have to delete the Program ID from the Subprograms table. Correct. Can you show me an example of how this will be done
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How can I build a HTML table dynamically from a recordset?

How can I build a table from a recordset I have the header information, but I need to add rows to the table from the recordset.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

zip a folder dynamically without using any component

hello any body help me regarding this. my problem is i want to download a folder (folder contains .gif files) from a server. which is the best way to download, 1.zip a folder 2. or can we download a folder i am trying to zip a folder but without using any component. can any one help me regarding this. when i search in google i got code using only component. I want code using pure asp. Please Help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

updating Excel file dynamically

I want to update Excel file when i update database, pls tell me about that THANKS. bye.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

combo values to fetched dynamically from sql based on the value in other combo

Hi I am a beginner, There are two Combo Box's on the form, one combo box holds the value Dealer and Sales Employee. The second one I want to be dynamically fetched from sql server, when the user chooses a value from the first combo box I want the second combo box to be populated with the names of dealars/employees fetched from sql server accordingly. Obviously a database is required and i've got the data setup in there. As I am beginner I don't know how to do this, please somebody help me out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to generate pdf from dynamically filled asp page

I am using asp not asp.net I have one asp page on which at least 45 values are filled by user and the table structure is of 8 columns and 10 rows.. My task is to send it to database then generate pdf of that page and then email to admin. After a lot of search I found help and successfully manage to complete my task. I am using persits.pdf for creating pdf and cdosys for sending mail the values are saved in access database successfully and generated pdf is emailing very fine. Now problem is occur here when I test pdf this line is written A TEST FOR PDF GENERATION BY ME and not my form values. I think this txt comes from this line of code Page.Canvas.DrawText "A TEST FOR PDF GENERATION BY ME", Params, Font I also paste whole html of table in these quotes but not succeeded I dont know wht to do please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

creating labels and textboxes dynamically

, I am trying to create some labels and textboxes dynamically for an aspx.net web page using VB.NET Basically what I want to do is, I have a table which has all the "pages" of my website in it, and I want to loop through that table and create a label and textbox for every entry i find. At the moment, here is my code:- Imports System.Configuration Imports System.Data.OleDb Imports System.Data.Common.DbDataRecord Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder Imports System.Windows.Forms.Form Public Class PagetitlesNew Inherits System.Web.UI.Page #Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " 'This call is required by the Web Form Designer. Private Sub InitializeComponent() End Sub 'NOTE: The following placeholder declaration is required by the Web Form Designer. 'Do not delete or move it. Private designerPlaceholderDeclaration As System.Object Private Sub Page_Init(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form Designer 'Do not modify it using the code editor. InitializeComponent() End Sub #End Region Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here If Not Me.IsPostBack Then ConstructEditTable() Else ConstructEditTable() End If End Sub Protected WithEvents Container As System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder Private Sub ConstructEditTable() 'Container.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) Dim comp As New Components Dim i As Integer Dim dst As New DataSet Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT * FROM updText " dst = comp.get_dataset(strSQL) 'loop through this dataset If dst.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 0 Then For i = 0 To dst.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1 With Container.Controls Dim Title As String Title = dst.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("UpdTit").ToString() .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) 'Label column .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) Dim Label = New Label Label.ID = "lbl" & Title Label.Text = Title Label.EnableViewState = True .Add(Label) .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) 'Textbox column .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) Dim txtTest = New TextBox txtTest.ID = "txt" & Title txtTest.Text = dst.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("UpdPageTit").ToString( ) txtTest.Width = Unit.Pixel(50) txtTest.EnableViewState = True .Add(txtTest) .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) .Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) End With Next Container.Controls.Add(New LiteralControl("" & vbNewLine)) End If End Sub End Class However, when i try and run the project, I have the following error:- Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. can you please help me out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

dynamically add html tags to a textarea using asp.

There's the situation. I have an asp email applciation that will be used to create a newsletter. I want to me able to enter a few lines of text into the textarea part of the form. Then if I want to add a hyper link to the textarea. I just want to click a buttom and add the html tags into the body of textarea along with the text I enter above the hyper link. Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I pass the values of a dynamically populated check box

Well I take a slightly different approach, I name all checkboxes the same name, and I store the data value in the value property of the checkbox element. Then when the page submits I can evaluate the checkboxes as an array and use the split function to get my values back. I've seen other approaches on this forum though, which do dynamiclaly name the objects so if you don't like this solution read some threads or I'm sure someone else will post thier solution as well. Then on submit the page loads and I get the form request like so ' first split the delimited string holding all remove values if len(request.form("Remove"))>0 then myValues=Split(Request.Form("remove"),",") end if I can then loop myValues - now in my case I have three keys being stored in the VALUE of the checkbox array named "Remove" so I have a bit more work to do. For each remove checkbox I have to know: the salesId, the login id and the Type, so you will see that I am further splitting that array of keys stored in the value of the checkboxes into three different arrays. for i = 0 to ubound(myValues) step 3 redim preserve mySIds(j) redim preserve myTypes(j) redim preserve myLIds(j) mySIds(j)= trim(myvalues(i) ) myTypes(j)= trim(myvalues(i+1)) myLIds(j)= trim(myvalues(i+2)) 'response.write mySIDs(j) & " " & myTypes(j) & " " & myLIds(j) j=j+1 next Later I read back the array values for each recored (i) and insert the data into a database for i = 0 to ubound(mySIDs) (UPDATE ....blahblahbalh) "WHERE SID=" & mySIDs(i) & " AND Login_Type= " & myType(i) & " AND LOGINID = " & myLIDs(i) next so you really can pass a lot of data about each record with the checkbox value ... but looks like you only need retrieve that first array from the request.form and you will have your key value ...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

trying to set DSN dynamically

I'm trying the following code, but get an HTTP 500 Here's my .asp code for the DSN:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Have to create hyperlinks dynamically based on the values from Database.

Please help me in solving this: I have certain Keywords stored in a table of the Database. i need is when ever i find the Keyword in the webpage i need to have a link which opens up as a seperate page and give me the detail information from the database for the seleted keyword. For example something like the Keywords .NET,ASP.NET,XML used in the site http://www.sitepoint.com/article/web...le-demystified
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!