Display particular row error

Error Type:
ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BB9)
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.
/invest/contact.asp, line 5

Code: Contact Line 5 is:
objRS.Open strSQL, objConn

i am trying to do is get it to display the PageContent column from the database where the pagename is contact.
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:41 AM Total Views:  450
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how to display time + 20 mins?

I am using the function but want to know if there is a way to display the current time + 20 minutes any help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

getting content from a database to display properly?

I have an ASP page, which does an include to a file that has ASP in it to get content from a database. In the database, I have had text and HTML tags up until now. Everything worked fine. However, I now have some additional ASP as the database content, and whenever it gets displayed, the HTML/text is still fine... but the ASP CODE gets displayed. It isn't being executed. So instead of this happening: display option set 1 display option set 2 it instead displays both option sets. For other ASP code, it displays the actual code on the site. I know the ASP is correct, since it works when I put the code in directly to the main page... any idea on what I can do I'm thinking this is along the lines of not being able to include a file in an include file...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Form displays 800a01a8-error without submit

My form only works if I enter values and post it with SUBMIT. Well, makes sense, but the if you go the form-page there shouldnt be an error like this "Runtime error in Microsoft VBScript- error '800a01a8' object required " I tried to set some default values: if request.form("NumberResults") "" then iNumberResults = request.form("NumberResults")(1) else iNumberResults = 5 end if But maybe myonChange-Event causes this error. But I dont know how I can send default-values serverside
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

No data in database, don't display.

How do I NOT display data when there in no data in the database http://www.dlrc.nps.navy.mil/dlrc_re...Guide%20Coated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Saving/displaying a selection

I have a dropdown box with a list of values. How can I save the selected value back to an Access database Also, how can I retrieve the stored selected value from the database and make sure that is the option selected in the dropdown when the page is redisplayed back to the user at a later time
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

display txt into html table

hi i want to convert my txt file into a html table for display . But i dun want it to go through db . help is needed here .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

display asp chart form

anyone has samples code that display record in chart form for asp i need to learn how to display claim summary in chart form Select sum(NumOfHrs) as overtime from TsesOT1 where TsesOT1.ClaimID=#variables.data# and TsesOT1.EmpNo=#getname.EmpNo# and month(DateOT)=#GetMonth.monthID# and Year(DateOT)=#GetYear.Year# and flag In(1,3) #ottotal# #getClaimType.ClaimType#
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to get asp to display error messages - Page 2

Turns out I had 'show friendly error messages' on under Internet Options in IE. What was throwing me off was that it was displaying some error message and then displaying 'friendly' error messages at other times.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do you display a hyperlink from an Access database?

I'm trying to display a field in Access called "LastName" as a hyperlink when records are returned from a query. I established the column as a hyperlink in Access and linked the url with the last name. However, when the records are returned from the query, the url shows up, not the last name. What do I need to do in Access and with ASP to return a particular record as a hyperlink Bryan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Matrix type table display

Scenario is: I have 5 security levels for access to my system. Each level can have one or more security options. I wish to display security levels down the left hand side with all the options listed to the right. If a specific security level has a security option then display a tick in the cell, else display a cross. I have the majority of it working except the tricky part of the matrix type display. EG. Security Level option 1 option2 option 3 option 4 1 tick cross tick cross 2 tick tick tick cross 3 tick cross tick cross 4 tick tick tick cross 5 tick cross tick cross Please ....... your opinions on how i can solve this issue. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem in display with different colors

i have the following code ,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem in display with different colors

i have the following code ,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Page wise display of data

I have created web page that retrives data from SQL database and display it to the user in well formatted manner. Data retrieved depend upon criterias selected by the user. But sometimes data retrieved is very large. I want to display records to the user page wise, i.e. 100 records on first page and next 100 records displayed when user clicks next button. This means only 100 records should be retrieved when user first select search criteria, next 100 records retrived when he clicks next button and so on, as to reduce data transferred from server to client. Please suggest me how to achieve this as soon as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Pagination to display results of MySQL

Hi all. I need your help. Use this pagination to display results of MySQL, but the link Code: Next is always active even when there are no results to display: Code: 1 then %> Prev Prev | Next Next Hope that helps. ts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Error "The page cannot be displayed" - Long processing page - URGENT!!!

Long process in my asp page which interacts initially with the database and creates required arrays for the records retrieved each array consists of 20, 1640 records. 2 text files created consists of 1640 records for each of the 20 records total files created are 40 2 summary files 1 consisting of 1640 records and the other the total calculated in the process Totally 42 records These files are created only after the iteration of those 20 records in the main array the sub array (1640 records) are iterated within this 20 records The processed records are stored as string array for each iteration of 20. This in turn creates the text files The total text files are ZIPPED and a single ZIP file is created After all this process is done the download link is displayed for the user to download Settings on my machine. Server.ScriptTimeout= (9000 * 1000) IIS Connection Time out = 6000 seconds Help me out to optimize the code or make the available for the user till the process is completed and download button is visible. The page gets this error after processing time of 55 minutes. "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings." "Cannot find server or DNS Error" Help me out..!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

displaying bar graph for online poll

Database and all the pieces are in place. On the results page the query returns the % calculation for a question (displayed) options (each individually). I need to display bar graph, this is here that i am getting into problem. The background color would be #555555. How can i apply this color to certain % of the container as background Sample image is attached.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with Date format, Bytes to MB or KB, and Icon display

I am trying to first get list on icons to display based on the file extension. Then I am trying to get my Bytes of files size to display as KB Final I am trying to get my date to write as dd - mon it is now 03/27/2007 [CODE] Icons display 'strOutput = strOutput & "" This does not work strOutput = strOutput & "" & vbCrLf Bytes to KB strOutput = strOutput & rstFile("filesize") & " bytes" & vbCrLf Date format strOutput = strOutput & "" strOutput = strOutput & rstFiles("DateAdded")& " " strOutput = strOutput & "" & vbCrLf
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to: display record if record exists

I have a table and each record has: column1, column2, and column 3. On my asp page, I want to chose a record and display it's the columns like this: column 1 column 2 column 3 However, if column 2 is empty I want column 1 and 3 to display without there being an extra space. Any ideas on forming this "IF Statement"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

displaying records by date from to

I want to be able to display records inputed from Monday at 12:00am to Sunday at 5 pm. Every week. So far, I can display records for the last 7 days, but How can I be more specific Any Ideas\t Any samples , anything
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

display error page when table not found?

hi there i would just like to know if there is a way to check if the table exists in the database If it does the search query would be carried out but if it does not exist the user would just be redirected to an error page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!