Change comma delimiter between posted values to other delimiter

all! I have a textarea on an asp page that posts multiple values to another asp page. The values are automatically separated by commas. I am wondering if there is a way to hard code what delimiter the values are separated by. I need the delimiter to be anything other than a comma.
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 12:44:26 AM Total Views:  178
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Picture change without refresh

I tried to search for this, but I am unsure what it would called so I came up with no results. Basically I want to have thumbnails beside a big picture, and when you click one of the thumbnails the big picture is replaced by the new image without refreshing the page... Does anyone know of an ASP script that does something like this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

A href or onlick change sql statement

is it possible to have a link change and sql statement what im trying to do is TRADES: Joiner (field t_joiner) Electrician (field t_electrician) Pumber (field t_plumber) ^^^those are hyperlinks on a different page my data display page: MyQuery = "Select * from tblData WHERE t_joiner LIKE 'Yes' ORDER BY company_name ASC " so onlick or e href changes the red part of the statement according to the links doable
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do I change a currency parameter to a string - Page 2

So know I have my currency variable from the database ourPrice = rs("our_price") ' Is the item free If so, omit the price attribute completely if ourPrice = 0 then ourPrice = "" end if ' Add the price attribute Content = Content & ourprice & vbtab How do I round the ourPrice to 2 decimal places Ive tried round(ourprice,2) but that gives me "Invalid use of Null: 'round' " Is that just because on eof my values is null or 0
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Asp user agent change

HI, I am trying to change the useragent in asp.I come in to that page using a user agent : something i want to change it to somethinganything..can it be done using asp.can anyone please help me with this.. regards deepak
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

On change drop down list enable

hi, i have 5 drop down lists and i wnat to let the first list enabled when i load the page and when i make a selection from the first on the second will be enabled, and this for all 5 list boxs. my code is here, its really long but i don't know how i can handel this Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help: dropdown values autochange ?????

hello, pls help. i have 3 dropdown lists: country, city and area. when i select a country, the values in the city and area dropdown lists should change automatically without reloading the page. the cities and areas to appear must be in that country. same thing goes with areas in the city selected.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to retrive the mailbox from Exchange Server

Originally posted by : Kumar (kumar_parames@hotmail.com) I am trying to crate a mail application (using ASP) like some other mailing system like hotmail yahoo etc, I got some doubts in creating a mailing system using ASP. I am giving a brief description of those doubts here. I have been using CDONTS for sending mailsa) I want to know how to create a mailbox for a user who is going to newly register. Is it possible for us to do it using ASP or should the Administrator has to take care of this. b) How to retrieve mails from a users mailbox i.e how to create an inbox for the user. It is given in MSDN Help that CDONTS does not support the concept of accessing individual mailboxes. So what else we have to use to solve this problem. Is it necessary to develop any component for that purpose. c) I had tried to access(retrieve mails from) my pspmail Inbox using CDO. it is showing error in logging. the error is Colloboration Data Objects error(000043ED). It is also giving an ASP error 80004005 which is in the logon line where I am creating an instance for MAPI.session object. d) Is it sufficient to use SMTP server or we have to use POP3 server. In some sites they intimated to use POP3.I have been checking different sites to solve this problem but everywhere it is given how to send mails. I can't find a site which can help out to solve this problem.If anyone please help me to solve this prolem.I am need it very urgentlyPlease..Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to add appointment to public folder in ms exchange from asp page

Dear all, (sorry 'bout my English) I really-really hoping that somebody will get back to me... I am newbie in asp programming. I really need to know how we can add appointment to public folder in ms exchange from asp page. Can anyone give some pointer or sample code how to do such a thing.. Thanx b4.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Access to large - anyway to change it?

. My database has around 6000 products, and as time has gone by, the database has got bigger and bigger, more and more text - its now a rather large 16MB. Now, everytime i make a small change to it and upload to the server, it takes me about 8 min uploadeing it. Not that bad, but if i have to change 3-4 times a day Also, it wipes out the website during the upload, which is not that great. Is there someway to compact the access database somehow
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Why page not redirect to login page if user change the id on the url?

I have login.asp, verify.asp and main.asp page. First user will key in their userid and pwd in login.asp form and will verify before user can enter the main page. This is code for verify.asp, Code: uid = Request.Form("uid") pass = Request.Form("pass") Set Rs = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset") Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM tblLogin where StaffNo='"& uid &"'", Conn, 1 If Rs.Recordcount 0 Then If Rs("pwd") = pass Then Session("LoggedIn")="TRUE" Session("StaffNo") = uid Response.Redirect ("main.aspid=" & rs("StaffNo")) Else .... End If End If and this is the code for main.asp Code: Let say i login with userid=12345, the link will be like this, http://localhost/test/main.aspID=12345 but when i change the above url to this, http://localhost/test/main.aspID=12260 this page should redirect to login page but it's not. It still at main page but with data for user 12345. When i click to another link..it will go as user 12345. Is there any way for me to redirect to login page if the ID is not belong to current user any idea thanx in advance..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP Text Boxes change colours?

In a form I'm creating several asp text boxes for user input. When I look at these in IE or Firefox one or two are coloured yellow with a border, whereas the rest are the normal white with a thin blue border. There is nothing I can see in the code that does this, and with a bit of testing I can force this condition by adding text outside the text box. Very weird. Has anybody seen this behaviour before. I'm using Dreamweaver MX 2004, but I'm feeling it's not DW at fault here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to change CAPS to lower case?

Some of the data that gets returned from an API and inserted into my database is coming back as all CAPS. I've found a way to use LCase to make it lowercase, but that does the entire thing. What if I want to leave the first letters of each word caps, how can I go about doing that The freight carrier name is the field I'm needing to do this with. It goes into my database like BULLOCKS EXPRESS, but I'd like to print to my page like Bullocks Express. LCase makes it bullocks express. Any info would be great!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

send email using CDOSYS and Exchange server 2000

hey all, im trying to send an email to myself...via exchange. im sending it to my self because its gonna let me know of a booking that someone has requested. but i keep getting an error about my configuration is setup wrong, or i get 500:Internal Server Error. Heres my code [highlight=asp]Dim adoConn As New ADODB.Connection adoConn.Provider = "ExOLEDB.DataSource" ' Note here: showing an HTTP URL but the ' location must be local to use the ' Exchange OLE DB Provider adoConn.Open "\\brace-mail-001\exchnage\jmckay" Set ObjMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") Set objConf = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") Set Conf = objConf.Fields With Conf .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/senduserreplyemailaddress") = "justin.mckay@brace.com.au" .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendemailaddress") = "justin.mckay@brace.com.au" .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = cdoSendUsingExchange .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = "username" .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = "password" .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/mailboxurl") = "\\brace-mail-001\exchange\jmckay" .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/activeconnection") = adoConn .Update End With ObjMail.From = strFrom ObjMail.To = strTo ObjMail.Subject = strSubject ObjMail.TextBody = strMessage ObjMail.Send[/highlight]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to change CAPS to lower case? - Page 2

If it still displays the test, the law hasn't been broken. If you had used an image or script with no alternative, that would be more likely to break the law.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP, XML, SQL and "exchange of data between computer systems"

Hi I'm developing an intranet system using asp and sql, but have just been made aware of government legislation that requires the data stored in the database to be "exchanged between computer systems" using XML. I have read a number of tutorials on XML since learning this, but am not wiser as how to achieve it. What I'm looking for really is theoritical advice on how this would operate, ideally with code examples. P.S Building the database in XML is not an option. Please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Updating after radio button change

Hi I have the following radio buttons for the selection of freight I would like that if either one is pressed the total of the order is displayed Code: Total Order (before freight) : Regular Freight Charges Overnight Freight Charges   Can someone please assist
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Medic64 is at it again!! onchange event

Howdy to all!!! I have to say a big thanks to those who have helped in the past!! I have another request from the boss and I have read up on it some, but still can't quite grasp the best avenue to take. He wants an add page that has prior customers in a populated drop down menu. This part I have already. The thing that I am having trouble understanding is the onchange event in the select tag. He wants the page to populate with the DB information associated with the name if it already exists.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

encoding change for Greeks!

please Help me!!!!! I need to have Greek encoding in a vb project which stores strings (nvarchar) and textareas (ntext) in SQL database. Although I have solved the problem with the collation of Greeks in DB, the VB.NET converts the input content to latin encoding. for example, the Greek 'Δ' is converted to 'D'. Which is ,if it exists, the encoding method for the label.text or textarea.value in order to change the encoding of the content from Latin to Greek before sending it to SQL\t\t\t\t Thank you in advance!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

asp exchange etc

Been messing around with asp for a while now and i was wonderring if someone could enlighten me. I have created a simple set of asp pages which do some funky database stuff. One aspect which I would appreciate some help on is Email. I have created these pages for use internally to my work network, mainly admin database entry type stuff. The network has several exchange servers. I would like to send a notification email everytime a function within tthe asp scripts is made (i.e. every time a new set of information is added to a database) to a select few people (which may well change from time to time). Now I thought that I might create a new mailbox on an exchange server and send mail via this, so that if anyone were to reply to the notification mail it would go back to the mailbox. Therefore, using the exchange server mailbox as my pump for shooting off mails all over, I could create an email rule which would forward anything from my asp pages to the relavent people. Couple of questions 1) is this a logical approach 2) if the answer to 1 is yes then what is the best method of shooting off emails from asp scripts to the exchange server\t (would it just be using the SMTP service) any thoughts would be appreciated, Chris.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Help with onchange getelementbyid code

, I have a form and have a list drop down box thats running off a table. The value and label are the same its just a name. I have a onchange event that uses the document.getelementbyid code that sets a text box or input box to the address value in the table. Im trying to do it so if you select name F (for expample) then the address in the same record gets put in the address text box. Everything is working ok except when you choose a name in the drop down list it only put the address for the 1st record in the recordset in the address text box. I dont know how to controll what record its on for the onchange code. Hope that makes since. Here is the code below: The name of the address text box is address. Select Course Name 0) Then view_courses.MoveFirst Else view_courses.Requery End If %> Any Ideas Or do I have this set up wrong : )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!