Auto-remove bounced email addresses from mailing list

I'm about to build a website which houses a mailing list. The site is hosted on a shared server - I don't have access to the server in terms of installing components or configuration or anything like that.

I'm going to operate the list via asp - using a CDONTS loop or JMail to send the mail. I need to do one of two things however, to make sure the list is maintained and accurate. Either:

1. Somehow record bounced emails, so that they are flagged as 'expired' in the database, or even removed. Is this possible using ASP or any common mail component

Or:

2. Periodically (e.g. every 90 days) send out an email to the entire list, asking them to confirm their registration. In this instance, how do I automate the script to run every 90 days without an administrator having to remember

My hosting company offers a mailing list service, but it won't integrate into my database (which is something I really need, since the mails will be bespoke for each recipient - depending on what information they have signed up for).

If anyone could shed any light on the best way to do this, and how it can be achieved, I'd be really grateful,
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 04:27:23 AM Total Views:  488
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

getting email bounced for bad HELO...

My website asp pages send smtp mail that often gets bounced back to us by very picky servers saying that the mail was rejected due to: "Helo command rejected: Need fully qualified domain name" How do I correct this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

My website asp pages send smtp mail that often gets bounced back to us by very picky servers saying that the mail was rejected due to: "Helo command rejected: Need fully qualified domain name" How do I correct this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

CDOSYS email, detecting bounced email

I have set up an email script that sends email from my website using CDOSYS, however, I have been unable to find any information on how to detect whether emails are being delivered or not. Is there a way to detect bounced emails
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

How to track bounced email

I'm wondering if there is an object that can be added to a website that tracks bounced emails.\tOr if CDONTS has some functionality that notifies you that an email was sent to a bad address.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

sending emails

how can I send two emails with different messages to different users Do I need to have two .asp files or I can do it just in one If yes, how do I set the obCDOMail.Body to get the value of two different variables
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Looping in an email drama

Hi , I'm still having drama with this looping in an email code. Here's the code along with the error message: Mailer.BodyText = "" &_ "DXFFL Jersey Order" &_ "Customer Information" &_ "First Name:" & rs("fName") & "" &_ "Last Name:" & rs("lName") & "" &_ "Address:" & rs("address") & "" &_ "City:" & rs("city") & "" &_ "State:" & rs("state") & "" &_ "Zip:" & rs("zip") & "" &_ "Home Phone:" & rs("phone") & "" &_ "Work Phone:" & rs("wphone") & "" &_ "Email Address:" & rs("email") & "" &_ "Team Name:" & rs("teamName") & "" &_ "League:" & rs("league") & "" &_ "Division:" & rs("division") & "" &_ "Product Information" &_ "Product Name:" & rs("itemName") & "" &_ "Colors:" & rs("itemColors") & "" &_ "Price:" & rs("itemPrice") & "" &_ "Graphics Information" &_ "Graphic Type:" & rs("graphicType") & "" &_ "Logo Design:" & rs("logo") & "" &_ "Team Name on Jersey:" & rs("teamNameJersey") & "" &_ "Primary Color:" & rs("primaryColor") & "" &_ "Outline Color:" & rs("outlineColor") & "" &_ "Graphic Size & Location:" & rs("graphicSize") & "" &_ "Player Name Back Primary Color:" & rs("nameprimaryColor") & "" &_ "Player Name Back Outline Color:" & rs("nameoutlineColor") & "" &_ "Order Information" &_ "" &_ "" &_ "Size" &_ "Player Name" &_ "Player Number" &_ "Item Price" &_ "Surcharge" &_ "Color Charge" &_ "Name Charge" &_ "Total" while not orderRS.EOF &_ "" & orderRS("jsize") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("playerName") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("playerNum") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("itemPrice") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("surcharge") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("standardCharge") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("nameCharge") & "" &_ "" & orderRS("itemPriceTotal") & "" &_ orderRS.MoveNext wend "" &_ "Item price total:" & itemTotal & "" &_ "Additional Charges:" & setupFee & "" &_ "Taxes:" & tax & "" &_ "Shipping:" & shipping & "" &_ "Grand Total:" & grandTotal & "" if Mailer.SendMail then 'Response.Write "Mail sent..." else Response.Write "Mail send failure. Error was " & Mailer.Response end if Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400' Expected statement /dxffl/confirmOrderPayment.asp, line 117 "" &_ ^ Can anyone offer any suggestions or solutions as to what it's doing this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

submit info to DB and send to 2 diff. emails?

I have a small change contact information form, it just has Name, address, and phone number. Once user changes their info. then it goes to the sql db at the same time it sends me a notification email. I also want to send to that user an email with information that she/he had changed too....Is it possible to do it If you have done it before or any suggestions ....greatly appreciated. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

attaching asp pages as email attachments

If i'm missing something ridiculously simple please let me know, but i can't seem to work out how to do this: I want to produce a 'reciept' to be emailled to admin/customer after a purchase, but i would like this reciept to be sent as an attachment rather than the body email (using cdonts). as the reciept is dynamic i obviously can't just have a url link. I know how to send the exact page (html formatting and all) in an email but i just can't seem to figure a way of attaching it. Is it possible to 'save the asp page on the fly' or is this just not a viable method does a method exist Daz
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

wee tiny question...when sendin contact form by email

hiya!!! i wish that when an option is selected from the drop down menu in the form that this becomes the email heading... i have Code: Feedback Form Name:                      Address:                  Contact Number:     Email Address:         You are contacting us regarding:          General Information Further Information On Our Products Job Vacancies Promotional Materials Other Message:                      as my form code, when i had in hidden input values it worked, but the hidden values dont validate with xhtml1.1.... in my sendmail.asp i have Code: 0 Then blnSpam = False Else ' Spam Attempt Block blnSpam = True End If ' Create the JMail message Object set msg = Server.CreateOBject( "JMail.Message" ) ' Set logging to true to ease any potential debugging ' And set silent to true in case you wish to handle the errors yourself msg.Logging = true msg.silent = true ' Enter the sender data msg.From = senderEmail msg.FromName = name ' Note that as addRecipient is a method and not ' a property, you do not use an equals ( = ) sign msg.AddRecipient "megan@set-ltd.com" ' The subject of the message msg.Subject = subject ' And the body msg.body = body ' Now send the message, using the indicated mailserver If NOT blnSpam Then if not msg.Send("mail.set-ltd.com" ) then Response.write "" & msg.log & "" else Response.redirect("thankspage.htm") end if end if ' Clear the object set msg = nothing %> what do you reckon\t any ideas on how i could get this to work\t i've tries chopping and changing somethings but still doesn't bring up the drop down menu as the title, just brings up the word 'regarding', from above. thanks in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to retrieve email from DB & use to be sent to?

i've email stored in DB, i just wanna know the syntax of how to write it in "objCDOSYSMail.To" Code: strEmail = Replace(Request.querystring("email"), "'", "''") IF rsConfirm("confirm") = strConfirm then strUpdateSQL = "UPDATE tblUsers SET tblUsers.suspend='0' WHERE email = '" & strEmail & "'" adoCon.Execute(strUpdateSQL) Response.Write ("The Account was successfully activated. Please login, your Dealer recieved the activation confirm now") Set objCDOSYSMaild = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") Set objCDOSYSCond = Server.CreateObject ("CDO.Configuration") objCDOSYSCond.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = vEmailServer objCDOSYSCond.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25 objCDOSYSCond.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 objCDOSYSCond.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontimeout") = 60 objCDOSYSCond.Fields.Update Set objCDOSYSMaild.Configuration = objCDOSYSCond objCDOSYSMaild.From = "Ecompc@EgyptComputerCenter.com" objCDOSYSMail.To = objCDOSYSMail.Subject = "New Account" objCDOSYSMail.HTMLBody = htmlBody objCDOSYSMail.Send Set objCDOSYSMaild = Nothing Set objCDOSYSCond = Nothing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Formatted email using CDONTS

! I am using the following set of commands to send a formatted email: "TopQuestions" actually pulls out formatted text (including all html tags and inverted commas). - - If this text is ascii and not formatted, the mail goes out fine. But, once the text in the database gets formatted, the outgoing mail contains no body at all. Pls help me. ------------------------------------- TopQuestions = Request.Form("TopQuestions") Set htmlMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail") htmlMail.BodyFormat = 0 htmlMail.MailFormat = 0 htmlMail.From = "bhupesh@chronosphere.biz" htmlMail.To = "dhanesh@chronosphere.biz" htmlMail.Bcc = BCCrecipients htmlMail.Subject = "Latest issue of PR Plus Newsletter" strHtmlBody = ""+TopQuestions+"" htmlMail.Body = strHtmlBody htmlMail.Send Set htmlMail = Nothing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP email form: sends to some email addresses but not others..

here is the script i use: Set myMail=server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") myMail.Subject="subject" myMail.From="me" myMail.To=request.form("email") myMail.TextBody="hello" myMail.Send set myMail=nothing this script sends emails to some addresses but not others--and its based on the email service it's sending to. for instance, hotmail email addresses get the email, but mail.com email addresses dont get the email. i have tried sending it to other email hosts, too, and still, some work, some don't. what is going on here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Checkboxes and dropmenus in HTML email

Hi , I am trying to finish some ASP code for a webform of mine that takes values input into a form and upon hiting the submit button, emails the form in HTML format with all completed values in their respective boxes to the recipient specified. So far I've gotten the text box values to carry through using a line such as this: " However, I cannot get checkbox values or dropmenu values to carry through to the resulting email. What do I need to do differently with Request.form to get it to send the checkbox and dropmenu items in the e-mail
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Mailto: masking email addresses

Im currently working on a simple form which only contains one text box, I would like it so that the content within the box is e-mailed to a specific address but for the senders e-mail address in the From line remains anonamously masked in some way. Is this at all possible/ any tutorials on this Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

another ASPMAIL question! request.form not in email

hello, i have the following aspmail code which sends out an email when a user signs up... but the form fields are not included in the email. i am using the post method so here is the code Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

CDO email problem

Hi I have a site where i am using cdo email script, which works but the emial's take ages to be received, but if i send an email to a emial address that is within my site, it goes through instantly, does anyone know why, and how i can change this Cheers Dave
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

how to retrieve email from DB & use to be sent to? - Page 2

I dont think you can do that on a remote server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Wierd type mismatch error 'To' when sending emails

lo again peeps, I have about 2000 email addresses in a table my script was sending and got to about 600 and pulled this error: Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d' Type mismatch: 'To' /admin/newslettercreate.asp, line 151 Which refers to this line objMail.To = objRS("Email") I'm not sure how it can error with this half through the job, there were some blank fields which I have now removed which i thought could have been the problem but not sure, anyone have any ideas on this. before i carry on
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP email

I am using CDONTS with winnt and all the sent emails are sitting in the QUEUE directory in c:\inetput\mailroot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!