ASP problem with uploading files

I got a problem when I uploaded a file with the input tag of type file "
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 02:43:14 AM Total Views:  815
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Opening file problem

hi, I have a field in the table that saves pdf file paths there are 2 records like this /docs/one.pdf /docs/one&two.pdf what i do is display the paths on the page and when people click on it the file is opened this is how i display the paths the first file one.pdf opens up the second file one&two.pdf doesnt open up if i change the name of the path in the table to /docs/onetwo.pdf it works so i found out the & is causing the problems can someone tell me how to fix it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

HELP: simple problem with select boxes. - Page 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH MARKEDAGAIN its working nice and smooth..and exactly the way I want I preciate putting some of your time and effor into this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP NEwbie, problem with code!

I have a page that basically add/edits or deletes news items. When entering the page I have Isdefined statements to check if we are adding, editing or deleting. Trouble is i think i have gotten ahead of myself as I'm pretty new to this. I'm getting the following error, can someone tell me where i'm going wrong. Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03f9' Expected 'Then' /deedsadmin/news/news_add.asp, line 121 elseif ISdefined("Request.Querystring(")>")") then ---- Here is the code from my page. ---- Untitled Document ERROR, That News Headline already exists! Please enter the headline, sub header and the body text. Headline * Sub Headline Body Text Image     ERROR, That News Headline already exists! Please enter the headline, sub header and the body text. Headline * Sub Headline Body Text Image     ")") then %> Are you sure you wish to delete this item If so click delete, if not click cancel Headline * Sub Headline Body Text   Sorry you reached this page by error!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

problem with cookies

hi ... today I was working on a login page for a website ... I made my page to create cookies for the username : Code: however this cookie does not get created, because on other page I request this cookie and nothing happens. NOTE: my cookie is created before the html tag , and my browser set to accept any kind of cookies. if anyone knows what is the problem, please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

still working on this update problem - any ideas ?

again!, I changed my code a little bit, but I still have the same error. I seem to run code I should not run after I hit the update button. I get a type mismatch when the code hits the data the second time around. I want my page to execute the update query when I hit "update", but it does more than that. I tried to stop it by putting in a boolean value , but it ignores it. How can I modify this code to make it work Or should I toss it and start over
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

IIS Sever problems

I used to run abasic asp page off my windows xp pro system using IIS. I recently started learning PHP and i started to use apache with php as the book i was learning from recomended this. However i am unsure now how to connect to my database in my old asp pages. EG IIS ASP Pages i connect to the database like this Code: However now when i try to open this page the site just dosen't connect to the database. My new folder for apache is C:\Webs\Test I have tried to transfer these files to my new default folder that i setup with Apache but this still dosen't work. As anyone any ideas as to what i should do\t Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help with Record repeatedly displaying problem

I have an upload form that get .csv file and update to the access database. Let say I have 38 records inside the .csv file that are to insert or update inside the access database. When I upload the file, the form did insert and update the database. the records are displaying properly except 15th and 16. The form inserted 15th record for about 14 times and skip the 16th record then display the rest. Following is the source for my ASP script that seems to having problem - Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP Mail problem

My global.asa file looks like this Sub Application_OnStart application("ADOSqlConnection")="driver=SQL Server;Server=;uid=;pwd=;database=" application("ConnectString") = "driver=SQL Server;Server=;uid=;pwd=;database=" Sub Session_OnStart Set Session("arrTo") = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") Set Session("arrCC") = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") Set Session("arrBCC") = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") Set Session("arrFiles") = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") Session("Count") = 0 ' to generate unique keys for the dictionaries end sub Sub Session_OnEnd end sub End Sub I get this error Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea' Syntax error /LM/W3SVC/542313792/Root/global.asa, line 8 Sub Session_OnStart
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Time format problems

I am trying to get a time to display with AM or PM (not the 24 hour clock). When I use: Code: I get 21:28:37 I want 9:28 PM Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

If statement problem

hello , please help me with code shown below. I am getting lot of different type errors. most common one is you are using loop without do statement or end expected. here's code that i am getting error. if i remove this code it works fine. i can change code and make it work but just want to know what's wrong with current code. thank you Code: if rsUsers("FNumOfPosts") >= 0 and rsusers("FNumOfPosts") = 51 and rsusers("FNumOfPosts") = 151 and rsusers("FNumOfPosts")
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Simple ASP Array problemo

Code: Dim eField dim NewArray() for each eField in request.Form NewArray(eField) = strReplace(Request.Form(eField),"'"," ") next What I'm trying to do is clean out user input of single quotes right off the bat, so my later MSSQL functions don't choke because of stray apostrophies and quotes. The above code doesn't work (several errors). See what I'm trying to do Is there a better way to accomplish this In the end I want NewArray('title' => 'title value', 'subtitle' => 'subtitle value') etc. ===== Do what I mean!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ADO problem! Returns no records.

Here's the script: [highlight="ASP"][/highlight] I try searching for the part number 122633 (the actual part number in the database table is 122633-001) and it returns 0 records. Don't know why. That number is in the table. Did I screw up the SQL or is it just something else dump that I'm overlooking
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Having problem connecting a database

[code][code] This is the code i have for connecting to the DB but I can not get it to work. In my path i put the path to the access file. Do i keep the connect the same as it is or do i have to change that. The error i keep getting is this: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09' Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. /topsites/admin/CATS.ASP, line 120
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

ASP upload coding problem

Hi , im using asp upload to upload file into my server, and below 3 pages that i use to upload my file. i got one thing to point out, i uploaded file that around 23MB, and its work. But when i try to upload a huge file around 600MB(a cd image copied from a cd, .nrg file), the page simply hang at uploadform1.asp and the content gone blank after it hang for 2-3 minutes. below is a asp page that i used to browse for my file, u uploadform1.asp Code: Media Resource Library Search files by by department English Maths Humanities MotherTongue Science CCA Aesthetics Technical IT CDP View by alphabetical order ascending descending  File Upload Select a file to upload: below is page that start to do the upload thing, uploadxample.asp Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Date search problem

Hi all, I've just setup a very basic search engine on my site which is supposed to search a date from a table called "classroom_bookings" which is entered into the text box when submitted. The search engine is split into two forms. The first is the search form: Code: Search a date: the search is then processed in a form called searchprocess.asp Code: Bookdate is the name of the date field with a data type of DATETIME in my database which stores dates as "dd/mm/yyyy". However when I try searching for a date that exsists in the datebase using the search engine, I get blank results. I've tried searching for other data such as strings etc and it seems to work, but it doesn't like dates. Is there something I need to add to the SQL statement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

problem

I keep getting an error saying that it con't find this file. I've copied it in the root directory, but nothing. I have included at the very top of the page (outside the ) AND If I put it inside I get the usual error: - Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

another display problem

hi, I have this code Credentials: Sr. Jr. I II III PhD EdD DC JD MD DDS DO DD DPT LLD MS MEd MA It looks real good in Internet explorer but in firefox it shows a big list can someone tell me why it does like that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Select problem

hello all, I hope i can explain this question well. I have a table of automotive. In one of my ASP pages, i present a form where users can choose of what type of automotive they want to view. the table is as follows: automake automodel autotype ---------- ----------------- --------- Toyota Tundra Truck Ford F150 Truck Chevrolet Corvette Car Acura NSX Car Toyota 4Runner SUV Chevrolet Astro Minivan Dodge Durango SUV Dodge Caravan Minivan Dodge Ram Truck Ford F250 Truck in the select form i do this statement: "SELECT autotype, COUNT(autotype) AS theNum FROM automobiles GROUP BY autotype" this is to help the viewers check the number of each autotype car (2) truck (4) Minivan (2) the problem is when i select car and press submit, it finds no record that's because i have added the numbers beside each record. does anyone have an idea of what i can possibly do to eleminate this problem. I want the numbers to appear but i don't want them to be submitted when the user press submit. or is there a way to eleminate the the last 4 characters which are the 2 brackets and the number inbetween i hope you get my question
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Drop downs same value problem.

Hi all, I've searched the forum but to no avail. Here's the problem, probably very simple for you . I have two drop down boxes on a form called "classroomform". One of the drop downs is named "starttime" the other is called "endtime". Now, all I want is for an error message to display if a user selects, say 08:00am from the starttime drop down and 08:00am from the end time drop down, as the times cannot conflict with each other. Here is the code for my drop downs: Code: -- Select Start Time -- 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 end time: Code: -- Select End Time -- 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

dsn problem

I am trying to fill a datagrid using data from the database So Initially i create an dataset (dataset41) by using the OdbcDataAdapter wizard from the toolbox Then i insert the following code in the Page_Load section (code behind page) of the ASP page odbcDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet41); DataGrid1.DataSource = dataSet41; DataGrid1.DataBind(); and i get the following error when i view thw web form in a browser: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Source Error: Line 28: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Line 29: { Line 30: odbcDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet41); Line 31: DataGrid1.DataSource = dataSet41; Line 32: DataGrid1.DataBind(); with line 30 highlighted the table however gets selected properly as i can preview the data by using OleDbAdapter....so dont think there should be any dsn problem So what is the problem over here\t The database i am using in this case is the northwind database available with MS Access
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!