asp - hyperlink from database record

hi, asking lots of questions today.
i have a asp file that pulls in certain information for a member
depending on username and password, i have got the page
loading the relevant details about that member form the database
but i nee to link to another page from this information, so i want to make the description
that is pulled in a hyper link that is clicked to view next page. hope this makes sense and hope
someone can help!
steve
Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:45 AM Total Views:  432
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

hyperlink in dropdown

can anyone sort this for me. The first "write line where I try to specify te option value. So far I've managed to display the value but not as the hyperlink. Very frustrating!!Cheers!rs.Open Sql, connresponse.write("")response.write("")do until rs.EOFfor each x in rs.Fieldswith Response.write("
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

How'd they hyperlink the URL we type inside Message box in Tek-Tips ?

,When I type an URL in any of my message, after posting it, I could see it being Hyperlinked(that is, tags added to it.)I want to mimic the same in ASP.\tThese are certain points to note.* The length of URL is not known beforehand.* Where the URL occurs is also not known.* It might contain several special characters like # % & @ $ etc.* It begins with http://Based on the above conditions, how'd I identify a URL in a message and Hyperlink it Can you help me please Thank you...RR
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

show text field as hyperlink

I have a text field in the Database 'WWW' - entries such as www.yahoo.co.uk - how do I get it to show as a hyperlink in the example below instead of just text
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Creating hyperlink within an object

\tI have a table (out) populated by\t\t\t\t\tout +=\t\t\tString(rs.fields.item("Name")) +\t\t\t"";however I want to add a hyperlink from each name entered in the table somewhat likehow do I add this to each name in the table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

make hyperlink visible based on a form value

, I am working on a code where I have 2 hyperlinks. Is there a way I can make the hyperlinks visible based on a value from my form field. for example, if request.form("id") = "ABC", display hyperlink1 else display hyperlink2. Please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Dynamic hyperlink in a table....

all I am trying to create a table that splits my database into two rows, each entry will then have a dynamic id placed with it to use for a details page later on. I have tried a few different ways and have had different problems with each... This is my current code... and the error i am getting.. fieldname = "place" ID = "ID" tablename = "location" set oConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oConn.open "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" & db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") qry = "SELECT * FROM " & tablename rs.open qry,oConn,1,1 if not rs.eof then response.write "" nr = rs.recordcount t = nr mod 2 if t > 0 then half = int(nr/2) + 1 else half = nr/2 end if for i = 1 to half response.write "" & rs(fieldname) & "" i = i + 1 rs.movenext end for response.write "" do while not rs.eof response.write "" & rs(fieldname) & "" rs.movenext loop response.write "" else response.write "No matches." end if rs.close: set rs = nothing oConn.close: set oConn = nothing %> And its giving me an error of statment expected end for ^ I thought end for was a statement and I can't figure out what is wrong !
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Very Basic ASP hyperlink problem

folks. I'm a complete novice to ASP. First day, in fact. I'm using IIS and displayng the page in a browser window. I'm trying to list the contents of an Access table. It's listing all the rest of the details in the table fine. But I have one field which contains hyperlinks The field (orgweb) is defined as a hyperlink in the Access table. I'm using Respond.Write (mydbase("orgweb")) which is simply displaying the http address twice (with hash symbols) without creating a link. How do I make it display this address AS A LINK , since you're new you may want to stick to the basics and read tuturials on creating functions as killgorak has demonstrated and apply when you understand what's going on. what you're asking for in html output - basic link html tags it's difficult for us to know to help you w/o seeing the code you are using to grab the link in database and display in browser. (hence helping w/ why dispalying twice) ...you may need to show what you are storing in database if the following doesn't help... Code: ' ... pseudo code ' ... open database ' ... create recordset (assumed to be mydbase) ' ... check if not eof ' ... if you are looping thru recordet then start loop here ' ... else disregard and simply write the link code ' not necessary (within loop) but assign to a var in case you ' are planning to use this value elsewhere in the code ' used a static name for the actual link name (what user sees) ' you may have a database field to apply name dynamically sWebLinkPath = mydbase("orgweb") sWebLinkName = "Organization Web" ' some developers may use response.write shortcut vs ' response.write..."easier to read" (both are shown) ' also some may argue a performance hit due to extra ' asp tags in shortcut method vs 1 asp tag... i sincerely ' doubt any noticable difference...your call ' example 1 Response.Write "" & sWebLinkName & "" & vbCrlf ' example 2 (response.write shortcut ) ' cannot be used within asp tags %>
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Database image custom size and hyperlink

Code: ok. my fields in my database (out1,out2,in1,in2,in3,in4) they all contain actual filenames such as (house_out1.jpg,house_out2.jpg,house_in1.jpg,house _in2.jpg,house_in3.jpg,house_in4.jpg) using the above img src method i can display the images for the chosen record.. 1. i need to alter the above code to set the image size to 100,100 2. i need to make each image being displayed be a link to the filename itself (which is basically the field value of the record). so when they click on the image, it will open that image in its full size. how can this be done
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Make SQL statement hyperlinked

im creating a forum on a web page, i have all the fields on there i want but i want to make each subject post with a hyperlink so once youv clicked on it, it opens in a new page with the message and all of the replies to that message, but im not sure how to do it, here is my code: Code: Can anyone show me how to do it, please\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How to create a hyperlink of database search result to a more details page

my search.asp Code: Enter zip code below: Name   Email   Location             
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Passing a variable from a hyperlink? - Page 2

Sorry the bolded text in your post can be removed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

hyperlinks and Frames

Say for instance that I have 2 frames and I have code in one. That code is returning information from a database. In that database there are hyperlinks to images. Upon clicking that hyperlink how do I force the image into the other frame At present It opens appears to go to a new page, but everything is coded in one ASP page. So I have to click back to select another image I want to be able see both the database and image so I dont have to go back and forth Please help Jay
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Adding hyperlink to random image ...

I am using the following code to randomly select picture to display on my webpage. My question is; how can I add a hyperlink to the random picture to point to a certain site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

replace function for hyperlinks?

I posted awhile back about displaying line breaks in ASP pages from MS Access Database records which was solved very well with the use of a replace function. I'm wondering, is there a replace function to display hyperlinks mixed in with regular text in a memo field If so, could someone tell me what the code is I use this for line breaks: Code: MemoField = Recordset1.Fields.Item("ArtText").Value ' Field from database MemoField = Replace(MemoField,chr(13) & chr(10), "") ' build in html line returns and then: Code: to display the text. THANKS!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Newbie question (passing hyperlinks to asp file)

Ok, I'm learning ASP. Here's the easiest way to describe the problem. Lets say I have a list of all of Jimi Hendrix's live shows. I can view the entire list at shows.asp. Now, what do I do if I just want to see shows for, lets say 1971 I want hyperlinks on my page for each year and when I click the year, it generates the list of shows from that year. I dont want to make an ASP file for every year. How do I do this Do I use a METHOD=GET and then do something like "shows.aspyear=1971" Basically, I'm trying to make a web-enabled database for band. So this is gonna get complicated. Like once I get a certain year, I may also want to view by states and so on.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

How do you display a hyperlink from an Access database?

I'm trying to display a field in Access called "LastName" as a hyperlink when records are returned from a query. I established the column as a hyperlink in Access and linked the url with the last name. However, when the records are returned from the query, the url shows up, not the last name. What do I need to do in Access and with ASP to return a particular record as a hyperlink Bryan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Wrapping text in hyperlink.

I have script pulling text from a databse which is just the name of a file, e.g: test and I have code which puts a hyperlink around it, for example: http://www.myserver/files/test.doc , so that when the user clicks on it the file opens up for them. How do I check that if the name of the file is a particular filename the address is different. Basically 1: if filename = test1 address = http://www.myserver/files/test1.doc 2: if filename = EXTERNAL address = http://www.myserver/EXTERNAL.doc Here's my code so far: Thank You.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Have to create hyperlinks dynamically based on the values from Database.

Please help me in solving this: I have certain Keywords stored in a table of the Database. i need is when ever i find the Keyword in the webpage i need to have a link which opens up as a seperate page and give me the detail information from the database for the seleted keyword. For example something like the Keywords .NET,ASP.NET,XML used in the site http://www.sitepoint.com/article/web...le-demystified
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

a little problem with hyperlinks...

Basically i have a calendar i have written in VBscript where the dates are hyperlinks. i want to click on the hyperlink and make it remember the date i click on, on the next page so it can be displayed! is this possible with hyperlinks or do i have to use buttons Also which method is best for tackling this problem "Sessions" or "Get or Post Methods" if u have any questions let us know
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

hyperlink with a response.write

hello i cant seem to remember how to add a hyperlink in a response.write object. Basicaly i am doing an if then statement to customize my shopping cart. and would like to add a hyperlink this does not seem to work, am wondering what is happening or if i could add it to the response.write object Code: or do i add it as Code: response.Write ("order here") I know this second code is wrong, but am wondering how to get this done.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!