ASP formmail problem

Can someone please help with this, I am receiving this error from my simple form:

CDO.Message.1 error '80040220'

The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

/scripts/formmail.asp, line 19

Here is the asp script I'm using:

Posted On: Friday 26th of October 2012 07:35:24 AM Total Views:  396
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF ASP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Why won't formmail.asp work?

OK... I hope that someone can help me. I don't know anything about ASP programming but I found what looks like a great ASP alternative to Matt's Script FormMail.pl. I downloaded the code from BrainJar.com. There are only four variables that must be set to make the code work: referersmailCompsmtpServerfromAddr I did what the code instructed me to do but the code won't work. I'm getting an error message on submission that says: "Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005' Invalid procedure call or argument /scripts/formmail.asp, line 408" I would love some help. Lastly, I have attached both the .ASP code that I am using and the html code so hopefully a wonderfully smart programmer can give me some assistance. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. ASP Code HTML Code After you click on the ASP Code link above, go to "view source" in your browser to see the ASP code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 18th August 2012
View Replies!

need help with formmail V 1.3

Hi all, I am trying to get a form to work on an existing web site. I am not sure if this form ever worked as I don't know who set it up. I have also never worked with an asp form before. Maybe someone here can help me. thank you so much if you can. The form comes through to the specified e-mail but only the e-mail comes through. None of the other fields come through. Ok, not sure how to post the code because it has urls in it and this will not let me post it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 27th August 2012
View Replies!

Need formmail script to populate 'from' field in email

Hi - I know very little about .asp. I want this script to populate the from field in the email with the data entered in the form field email input. I am not sure on how to go about this. Here is what I have, it works, just doesn't post a sender in the 'from' field.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Hi - I know very little about .asp. I want this script to populate the from field in the email with the data entered in the form field email input. I am not sure on how to go about this. Here is what I have, it works, just doesn't post a sender in the 'from' field.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

ASP formmail and a really bad host

I'm having trouble implementing a form and am receiving no help whatsoever from the sh*te host. I know is that they use ASP. Here is the asp: Code: Dim EmailFrom Dim EmailTo Dim Subject Dim name Dim address Dim suburb Dim city Dim state Dim postcode Dim telephone Dim mobile Dim email Dim product Dim comment ' get posted data into variables EmailFrom = "Contact Form" EmailTo = "xxx@xxxx.com" Subject = "Contact Page Form Submission" name = Trim(Request.Form("name")) address = Trim(Request.Form("address")) suburb = Trim(Request.Form("suburb")) city = Trim(Request.Form("city")) postcode = Trim(Request.Form("postcode")) telephone = Trim(Request.Form("telephone")) mobile = Trim(Request.Form("mobile")) email = Trim(Request.Form("email")) product = Trim(Request.Form("product")) comment = Trim(Request.Form("comment")) ' validation Dim validationOK validationOK=true If (validationOK=false) Then Response.Redirect("error.htm" & EmailFrom) ' prepare email body text Dim Body Body = Body & "name: " & name & VbCrLf Body = Body & "address: " & address & VbCrLf Body = Body & "suburb: " & suburb & VbCrLf Body = Body & "city: " & city & VbCrLf Body = Body & "postcode: " & postcode & VbCrLf Body = Body & "telephone: " & telephone & VbCrLf Body = Body & "mobile: " & mobile & VbCrLf Body = Body & "email: " & email & VbCrLf Body = Body & "product: " & product & VbCrLf Body = Body & "comment: " & comment & VbCrLf ' send email Dim mail Set mail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") mail.To = EmailTo mail.From = EmailFrom mail.Subject = Subject mail.Body = Body mail.Send ' redirect to success page Response.Redirect("ok.htm" & EmailFrom) %> And the html action is this: Code: What is wrong with this script or what might the host not have in order for this to work\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

ASP formmail problem

Can someone please help with this, I am receiving this error from my simple form: CDO.Message.1 error '80040220' The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. /scripts/formmail.asp, line 19 Here is the asp script I'm using:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Problems with formmail

just a quick one (I hope) from someone who hasn't got a clue... I'm trying to sort a friends site out but it's running on ASP a the moment and I am completely lost. I'm trying to get 'formmail.asp' from Brainjar.com to work and I'm having trouble. I not sure whether I'm missing something obvious or not. I figured out the server uses 'CDOSYS' (mainly because the other options do nothing when executed). When I submit the for, it thinks about it for a while then give me the following error; Form could not be processed due to the following errors: * Email send failed: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 501 5.7.1 ... Sender IP must resolve . Any ideas what the problem is I'm about ready to give up, looks like I'm going to end up paying someone to make contact form for me just to save face! - Which wasn't the plan seeing as the project is pro-bono anyway. Live and learn...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

ASP formmail / autorespond

I'm trying to use a form where a site visitor can chosse several items and submit their e-mail address. The form should then send the visitor the items they selected as e-mail attachements and mail the form's contents to the website owner's e-mail. Can anyone recommend a way to do this using ASP. I have access to aspFusion's advSMTP component on my hosting service, but neither they nor aspfusion provide any documentation with examples of how to use it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

ASP formmail / autorespond

I'm trying to use a form where a site visitor can chosse several items and submit their e-mail address. The form should then send the visitor the items they selected as e-mail attachements and mail the form's contents to the website owner's e-mail. Can anyone recommend a way to do this using ASP. I have access to aspFusion's advSMTP component on my hosting service, but neither they nor aspfusion provide any documentation with examples of how to use it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

formmail save issue

using formmail for our web site, everything works except (you knew this was coming :} it doesn't save the comments entered by visitors, what am i overlooking Code: Contact Brothers Office Supply Home           Directions           Contact            Shop BrothersOffice.com 4013 Main Street Hilliard Ohio 43026 Phone: 614.777.1560 Fax: 614.777.1739 We welcome your suggestions, comments or questions.     First Name:   Last Name:         Email:   If you would like a response be sure to include your email address.         Comments:                     © 2005 BrothersOffice.com. rights reserved.   
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

formmail save issue

using formmail for our web site, everything works except (you knew this was coming :} it doesn't save the comments entered by visitors, what am i overlooking Code: Contact Brothers Office Supply Home           Directions           Contact            Shop BrothersOffice.com 4013 Main Street Hilliard Ohio 43026 Phone: 614.777.1560 Fax: 614.777.1739 We welcome your suggestions, comments or questions.     First Name:   Last Name:         Email:   If you would like a response be sure to include your email address.         Comments:                     © 2005 BrothersOffice.com. rights reserved.   
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

formmail.asp and 500 internal server error

HI, I've just tranferred a clients website to differnet windows hosting server and his formmail.asp no longer works. When the submit button is pressed it creates a 500 internal server error. Do anyone have any ideas why this might happen.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Can't get formmail to work

I tried setting up formmail ASP based on Matt's cgi script but only got these errors when submitting this page: http://www.a2zli.com/surveycl56.htm Formmail v1.3 detected the following errors: error no.: -2147220973 description: The transport failed to connect to the server. Please advise Thank you , Why use outlook express Is it client side or serverside Look into cDonts or dundas, there are many such examples here. I use www.dundas.com and it works well
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 28th August 2012
View Replies!

Email - Modifying my 'formmail.asp' script...

Hi! I downloaded V1.3 of the 'formmail.asp' mail script. http://www.scriptarchive.com/download.cgis=formmail I need to know how to modify it now Now, I'm using it with an HTML form with Name, Email, Telephone, Comments. Now when I submit the form, it says 'Your email must be valid', 'Your phone must be valid', 'Your comments must be valid' if those three are empty, but when Name is empty, it doesn't care. How do I fix this, so it validates the 'name' field I plan to then validate a whole stack of other fields with it. Many thanks. , This snippet of code near the top, allows you to specify the required fields: Code: recipient = request("recipient") redirect = request("redirect") subject = request("subject") email = request("email") comments = request("comments") required = request("required") if required = "" then required = "recipient,subject,email,comments,redirect" else required = "recipient,subject,email,comments,redirect," & required end if You should just be able to add the name field to this list.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 14th September 2012
View Replies!

Can't get formmail to work

I tried setting up formmail ASP based on Matt's cgi script but only got these errors when submitting this page: http://www.a2zli.com/surveycl56.htm Formmail v1.3 detected the following errors: error no.: -2147220973 description: The transport failed to connect to the server. Please advise Thank you , Why use outlook express Is it client side or serverside Look into cDonts or dundas, there are many such examples here. I use www.dundas.com and it works well
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

need help with formmail V 1.3

Hi all, I am trying to get a form to work on an existing web site. I am not sure if this form ever worked as I don't know who set it up. I have also never worked with an asp form before. Maybe someone here can help me. thank you so much if you can. The form comes through to the specified e-mail but only the e-mail comes through. None of the other fields come through. Ok, not sure how to post the code because it has urls in it and this will not let me post it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 11th October 2012
View Replies!

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 12th October 2012
View Replies!

RegEx problems

Hi all, I'm using regular expressions to identify in a string an url ad format it in hyperlink. The problem is that in the same string should be bbcodes and the [url] one tooo... so when the regexp will format the code will format the one in bbcode too. The solution would be the lookaround function of RegEx to see if behind the match there is the [url] code... but it's not implemented in VisualBasicScript. Is there any way to use this function in my script Tnx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

Form to Access Database Insert problems

I have never been so confused in all my life! A simple process I thought it would be to create a webpage form that inserts data into an MS Access .mdb file, but no. Having followed the instructions to the letter from Codefixer http://www.codefixer.com/tutorials/form_to_database.asp I am still unable to insert any form data into my .mdb file. When I press submit on my form all I get is the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error - The page cannot be displayed. If I comment out the execute line in the .asp file it works but obviously doesn't do anything (not much help!). So I am presuming the error lies within the INSERT INTO code or some permission error on the server. I am running the pages on a Windows 2k Server running IIS5. Any ideas gratefully received... I have full control of the webserver.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!

problem with pulling from one database table/post to another.

I pull a list of people out of a database with a checkbox (id) beside the name. At the top of the page, I have four text boxes for course, session, startdate and enddate. What I want to do is "register" all of the checked boxes in the course as inputted at the top of the page. The people are pulled from one table (tbluser) and I want the people and courses combined one person per line in a new table. (tblaction) Below is my submit form and processing form. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong I don't think I can use a where statement in a insert for one. For another, I get a missing semicolon error message pointing to my insert statement. Please help.. --- FORM --- set rs7Products = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rs7Products.ActiveConnection ="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\databases\school.mdb" & ";Jet OLEDB:Database Password=" rs7Products.Source = "SELECT * FROM tbluser where system_field 1 order by login" rs7Products.CursorType = 0 rs7Products.CursorLocation = 2 rs7Products.LockType = 3 rs7Products.Open() rs7Products_numRows = 0 %> Add To Courses Course: Session: Start: End: Register StudentID Grade Last Name Initials SN/PRI Phone Location --- END FORM --- --- PROCESS --- --- END PROCESS ---
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 26th October 2012
View Replies!